[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the lore on the Tapus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

File: 1477150193682.png (69KB, 373x410px) Image search: [Google]
1477150193682.png
69KB, 373x410px
So what's the lore on the Tapus?
>>
They're gigantic assholes.
>>
>>30574771
Guardian Senshis who won't do their job.
>>
File: lazyusagi.gif (278KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
lazyusagi.gif
278KB, 500x388px
>>30575299
Sounds familiar
>>
they dont stack REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30574771
they were wrecking shit on alola for shits and giggles until Nebby came to pew them up

nebby recognized their strengths though so they were made guardians of the island
>>
File: yey.png (2MB, 4008x2992px) Image search: [Google]
yey.png
2MB, 4008x2992px
>>
File: Tapu proofu.png (51KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu proofu.png
51KB, 1200x600px
>mfw the only compliant I've seen people have about Koko is that he's an egotistical ADHD sufferer
>mfw nobody can actually point to something he did wrong and resorts to 'what ifs' and 'w-well he might not do x' or something petty
Look you don't have to shoehorn him in as an asshole
>>
>>30575688
Nebby != the Legend from the past
>>
>>30574771
They used to help the Alolan kings in their war against each other, until they get told off because their Doshin mode caused collateral damage.
>>
>>30575818
Wasn't it more that the kings abusing their giant mode which pissed them off?
>>
>>30574771
They got cucked by Solgaleo and Lunala, and were forced to raise their kid.
>>
File: 1481014232968.png (97KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481014232968.png
97KB, 500x500px
>Lele preventing Olivia from leaving the island
>Bulu is a lazy ass but sperg the second someone decided to add capitalism into his island and destroy the local mall
>Fini hate human so much that she use her mist to steer them away from the island, causing the only resident, a loli girl with a bonnet, to be the Kahuna
Koko is the only one that isn't an asshole
>>
File: 1480223747526.jpg (337KB, 1294x818px) Image search: [Google]
1480223747526.jpg
337KB, 1294x818px
>>30576288
That's why he's got a delicious beverage named after him (well that and the pun).
>>
>>30575985
Oh shit, I've been using that to catch pokemon. Uh-oh.
>>
>>30574771

Koko is a mix of Goku's fightlust and Vegeta's no fucks attitude, he'll do some good shit but mostly if he expects to get a good fight out of it

Bulu just wants to lay back and chill but when he spergs out he will fucking destroy everything. Don't fuck with his beach.

Lele has no idea how deadly she is and will end up fucking everything up if left to her own devices, she's the closest thing to an old european fey you're going to get. You'll overdose, mutate and die in euphoria all at once if you get too much of her heroin scales

Fini is tired of everyone's shit, she has that magical purifying water shit but only assholes came to get it, so she decided "fuck them all" and put that shit on lockdown, yet people kept coming so she sperged out worse than Bulu so much that her already pretty shithol-ish island now became even more desert
>>
>>30574771
Radical environmentalist assholes who think they own the place, Lele is just astoundingly oblivious to its cruelty. They draw their power from natural shit like ocean waves and grass growing.
>>
>>30576360
That is such a cute drawing. Source?
>>
>>30574771
They let ancient Alola Kings use their Power to fight in the Kings war. Everything went to shit because of the destruction brought by the abuse of Z-moves. Then either Lunala or Solgaleo are forced into Alola and Scold at them like angry parents. This caused the Kings to pretty much worship them and gave peace to Alola. But the Duo had to go back to Ultra Space but before that they had a child and Assigned the Tapus to become it's Guardians by giving them Possibly a power boost.

These guys are the Inner Senshis. If they only actually do their Job. Makes me wish Necrozma will steal their Star Seeds.
>>
>>30574771
Alola was a region divided by four kings who were constantly trying to shit on the other by using the Tapus to try to kill the other.

Eventually they got annoyed with being tools and tore shit up harder than the kings could and then Solgaleo/Lunala (probably both showed up since they do produce an offspring) show up and just took a dump on the Kings and the Tapus then forced the Tapus to raise their Cosmog child who is Nebby.
>>
What nature for those guys?
>>
>>30576288
uh... last I checked the league isn't on akala so... olivia can leave the island since she shows up and an e4.

main reason lel is an asshole is she likes sprinkling supercrack on people for shits and giggles, this is her description on the pokemon website: "Tapu Lele scatters glowing scales that physically affect others—providing stimulation to their bodies and healing their illnesses or injuries. But these scales can be dangerous as well, because a body can’t withstand the changes brought about by contact with too many scales at the same time. It will scatter its scales over humans and Pokémon for its own enjoyment; while it is innocent in one sense, there is also cruelty in the way it casually brings others to ruin."
>>
File: what_huna-02.jpg (28KB, 401x301px) Image search: [Google]
what_huna-02.jpg
28KB, 401x301px
>>30574771
They're the only real, classical "gods" in Pokémon.

That is to say: fickle and capricious immortal beings that sometimes fuck around with the humans for either good or ill, who can be fantastic friends or total dicks dependent on whatever weirdo logic they operate on.

It's like an actual Olympian drama in my pokeymans game
>>
>>30574771
They're all Mimikyu which unnaturally evolved once they made costumes out of the guardian diety masks of the respective islands, akin to Rotom changing forms by inhabiting appliances and growing stronger and Diancie being an unnaturally evolved Carbink. It was originally an attempt to have something that was precious to the people, and ended up becoming guardians out of it. Koko tries to prevent problems from escalating too far by promoting being quick to solve matters; even if its aggressively. Lele tries to invoke peace with her scales. Bulu intimidates, and destroyed the Megamart to be a home to the few remaining Mimikyu to exert itself. Fini avoids conflict by detouring people from her homeland.
>>
>>30575721
>Buzzwole raping Fred

Kek
>>
vermin pokemon who got full of themselves. need to be exterminated.
>>
>>30577551
I don't know much about Hawaiian mythology, but that really does reflect the shit the Greek/Roman gods did.
>>
>>30577536
Tapu's got their shit pushed in when UBs attacked, that's why Olivia can leave.
>>
File: ME BE.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ME BE.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>30576887
The only solution to their tyrany is polluting the islands, then?
>>
I'm hearing a lot about how Oliva has been cursed by Lele, but where is this stated ingame past Olivia being a permavirgin? How does Lele have an effect on Oliva's love life? The site only mentions scales.
>>
>>30582013
When Oliva was a child she promised herself to Lele, Thing is, she eventually forgot that promise since she was a fucking kid but Lele did not and as such Lele is making Oliva a cake probably out of pettiness at being forgotten. Pokemon can hold some grudges and Lele's the brattiest Tapu of the bunch. Expect her to make Ash's life suck in the eventual movie. Koko will want a fight, Fini will be distrustful and angry at having to work with a fucking water stealing human and Bulu will just be there like Joe Peshi
>>
>>30575733
They want it to be a universal property and not just a personality issue.
>>
File: kokoooo.jpg (876KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
kokoooo.jpg
876KB, 1200x1500px
>>30575733
>>30576288
>>30576360
Tapu koko is the best tapu
>>
A bunch of commies.
>>
>>30582013
It's one autist's fanwank.
>>
File: Maui fucks with the sun.jpg (117KB, 640x379px) Image search: [Google]
Maui fucks with the sun.jpg
117KB, 640x379px
>>30580615
Pele, which A dugtrio is somewhat based on, is somewhat notorious for it. Plus, she's the most famous because volcanoes. Steal something from the national park, you get cursed. Reinforced by park rangers because tourists keep taking shit. "Hey there hot stuff. What? You have a wife you won't leave? Fuck you, you're a gnarled tree now. Feel kinda bad. Here i turned your wife into a flower. She seems nicer nowadays and there are some sightings. e.g. old lady with white hair on a road. Offer her a ride and be nice and she'll vanish during the trip. Give you some good luck. Opposite and you know.
Maui beat the sun in the face with a club because it was honestly going to fast, and because his mom told him to.
There were some old human sacrifice grounds for some pantheons. Think more large stone altars and less chucking into the volcano. War gods liked trophies, and ceremonial seasonal wars.
Not to sure about the others, but it's portrayed nowadays as please be respectful. If you aren't, well prepare for some curses, famines, drought, and natural disasters. Also don't fuck with shrines.
Most fish, plants, and locations have a deity associated with them. Some spirits of animals were considered family guardians and protected like sharks. Forbidden holy actions actually led to size/ catch limits for fish as well as fishing seasons, so that was pretty good for the environment.
Minor deities and monsters are as per norm a mixed bag of ferocious things, nice things, and fuck why does this exist.
>>
>>30583949
I always thought it was funny how Pele keeps having her boyfriends stolen by her sister the snow goddess so she keeps having to burn them to a crisp and sulk.
>>
So I know koko is a bird, fini is a fish or dolphin thing, bulk is a bull...
What the fuck is lele?
>>
>>30574771
Guardians that screw with the islander's just to have fun but destroy towns due to it.
>>
>>30584053
a butterfly or cocoon
>>
>>30584053
"Tapu Lele appears to be based on a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis." - Bulbapedia
>>
File: slider_Pele-Honua-Mea-0.jpg (173KB, 818x818px) Image search: [Google]
slider_Pele-Honua-Mea-0.jpg
173KB, 818x818px
>>30584009
Well, Olivia is named after a some stuff that comes out of the volcano. I'll stop shit talking Pele now because I do not want any curses.
>>
>>30574771
There's lore? I think they stopped making the game before they got to that part.
>>
>>30584053
Butterfly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5622MvbanN0 you'll see it at 2:15

couldn't find any better footage
>>
>>30584858
I'm still a bit disappointed they didn't make different colored and/or shaped bodies for each tapu.
It kinda fits for Kek and Bulk but Lele and Fini look utterly retarded.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.