[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going by canon achievements, who's the most powerful protagonist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

Share your opinions
>>
Lucas and Dawn in Platinum because they prevent Cyrus from destroying the whole universe.
>>
For me, it would be one of the first three (Red, Gold, Brendan)
>>
>>30573159
The One with a Latias/Latios and Mega-Fug
>>
>>30573159
Nate/Rosa since they beat every other region's champions and gym leaders
>>
>>30573181
Fair enough, Cynthia also says that the trainer who faced Giratina (never says if they catched it) was pretty strong in BW
>>
File: hng.png (403KB, 521x329px) Image search: [Google]
hng.png
403KB, 521x329px
This is turning me on so much holy shit
>>
Gold

canonically never lost a battle. Beat Lance/Blue/Red and was the best trainer in not one but TWO regions.

This is the only game where they treat you like a fucking CHAMPION and not just a guy who happened to beat the elite 4 once.
>>
>>30573252
Are you attracted to boys, Anon?
>>
>>30573325
Maybe it's a girl. Maybe. I've seen a few here
>>
>>30573259
False.

Red never lost until Sun/Moon because Gold might have never existed.
>>
Just for references sake:
The SM Protagonist
>Helped their friend with family issues.
>Captured the Emissary of the Sunne/Moone.
>Contained and protected the 10 Ultra Beasts that appeared in the world.
>First Champion of the Alola region
>In possession of a powerful object that may contain parts of the Legendary Pokemon Zygarde (Will never be confirmed as to how much they obtain)
>All while wearing the same soulless smile.
>>
>>30573547
>>First Champion of the Alola region

how is that impressive at all? The other protagonists actually had to take on established leagues that have been around for who knows how long and have prestige and glory associated with them.

Alola league is just thrown together at the last minute between the few trainers they could find who don't suck. It's pretty much the joke of the pokemon leagues.
>>
>>30573441
Generations makes Gold canon my friend
>>
>>30573624
It's just a list of their notable achievements.
Being the first Champion of a Region is still pretty notable.
>>
>>30573207
That would be Brendan
If this weren't geared for kids, he would get some May too
>>
SM protagonist beat Red and Blue.

It's between Gold and SM.
>>
>>30573644
Generations is not TPCi-made, not TPC-made, therefore it's non-canonical by definition.
>>
>>30573777
Darn, I mean "is TPCi-made, not TPC-made".

What a waste.
>>
Ethan, Nate, and SM protag have all beaten Red. At least those three are at the very top. Hilbert also canonically has a legendary dragon, and defeated N, who passed his legendary on to Nate, so he's likely up there as well.
Calem, Brendan, and Lucas, all being protags who defeated evil teams and became Champions, are presumably at least around the same level as Red.
>>
Let's see.

Red
>Stopped Team Rocket
>Became the champion of the Indigo League
>Fought Mewtwo (if Origins is canon)
>Completed his Pokedex (if Origins is canon)
>Traveled to Johto, Alola, and Unova (if PWT is canon)
>Was asked to be a boss at the Battle Tree

Ethan/Lyra/Kris
>Stopped Team Rocket...a second time
>Collected 16 badges from both Kanto and Johto
>Cleared the Indigo League
>Defeated Red

Brendan/May
>Beat the Hoenn League
>Stopped Team Magma/Team Aqua
>Fought Groudon/Kyogre
>Was chosen by/battled/caught Rayquaza
>Went to space with Mega Fug to fight (and catch if Generations is canon) Deoxys

Lucas/Dawn
>Stopped Team Galactic
>Beat the Sinnoh League
>Fought Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
>Survived the Distortion World

Hilbert/Hilda
>Stopped Team Plasma
>Beat the Unova League
>Chosen by/battled/caught Zekrom/Reshiram

Nate/Rosa
>Stopped Team Plasma...again
>Survived a town that had been frozen over
>Battled/caught Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion
>Battled Black/White Kyurem

Calem/Serena
>Stopped Team Flare
>Beat the Kalos League
>Battled/caught Xerneas/Yvetal
>If X is canon, they're probably immortal

Sun/Moon
>Cleared all of the Island Trials
>Became the first champion of the Alola League
>Battled/caught Solgaleo/Lunala
>Chosen by Tapu Koko
>Survived Ultra Space
>Is a Faller

Please correct/add stuff if I missed anything important.
>>
>>30573910
>>30573181
>>
Lucas stopped the destruction of the entire universe and captured a god-like being.

That alone probably puts him up there with the strongest, lore-wise.
>>
>>30573910
Can't argue with those numbers
>>
>>30573910
>Battled/Caught Solgaleo/Lunala
You HAVE to catch Nebby. Also add how they caught the Ultra Beasts since the protag is the person who gives them "proper" names
>>
>>30573233
PWT is not canon, this should be common sense by now.
>>
Which protagonists canonically have legendaries? Only Hilda/Hilbert, ORAS May/Brendan and Sun/Chicken?
>>
>>30574306
Also, Calem/Serena is required to catch Xerneas/Yveltal. To progress in the story, Nate/Rosa doesn't need to catch N's Dragon, just battle it when fusioned with Kyurem
>>
>>30574260
Norman says that he's from Olivine City, Johto at the PWT. A woman in Petalburg City, Hoenn, also mentions that Norman moved in with his family (including the player) from Johto on Ruby and Sapphire and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but not Emerald.

How is the PWT non-canonical?
>>
>>30574306
You have to catch Xerneas/Yveltal in XY, and if Red competing the entire Kanto Pokedex is canon, then he would have Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and possibly even Mew.
>>
>>30574306
Hilbert has Zekrom/Reshiram.

ORAS Brendan has Mega Rayquaza and if you Generations is canon also has Deoxys.

Red (if counting the special where he fights Mewtwo with Mega Charizard) has Mewtwo.

Sun has Lunala/Solgaleo.

Nate might have Kyurem Black/White, I can't remember if catching Kyurem was mandatory.

Lucas might have Giratina, the info Cynthia gives doesn't confirm it other than they fought Giratina.

Calem has Yveltal/Xerneas.

I think Ethan is the only one without a canon Legendary.
>>
>>30574479
He might have Ho-Oh or Lugia, you are required to battle them in the remakes
>>
>>30573159
Ash?
>>
ash
>>
S Tier: BW2-Protag
A Tier: Everyone else.

Ethan is often overrated considering the only two notable trainers he canonically beat are Red and Lance (who, also, canonically are some of the weakest "Champions"
>>
>>30574611
>>30574676
kys, please
>>
>>30574680
>BW2-Protag

Please, even if PWT was canon (it's not), he would get destroyed by Brendan (Mega Fug), Elio (Solgaleo/Lunala), Calem (Xerneas/Yveltal), and Hilbert (Reshiram/Zekrom). Nate is one of the weaker protags, this is literal fact.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.