[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 14

File: battletree.jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
battletree.jpg
24KB, 400x240px
How satisfied are you with S/M's post-game? I'm pretty satisfied with it, but it seems that a lot of people feel otherwise.
>>
You do the Looker quest, fill your dex, make a few nonshitmons, and then grind the shitty battle tree for bottle caps so you can grind the shitty battle tree harder, I guess. There are a few interesting events that I didn't find until postgame, but I don't know if you have to wait until postgame to access them.
>>
It's standard post-game.

/vp/ has some retarded fantasy where Pokemon has always had a long post-game.
>>
>>30572505
>/vp/ has some retarded fantasy where Pokemon has always had a long post-game.

To be fair, there was Gen 2's post-game. They've never gone so far as to include an entire region to revisit ever again. But yeah, that's basically the only example.

Still, I'm content with the Ultra Beasts and the little story updates. Asking for entire regions to explore is asking a lot--especially since Gen 2's version of Kanto was severely stripped down for obvious reasons.
>>
On paper it's maybe underwhelming, but I like it. It's the only post-game I've ever bothered with.
>>
>>30572618
Id hardly even call that post game. Its more like a mid game story change.
>>
>>30572618
>Gen 2's post-game

This meme needs to end too. You can beat Lance with a team of level 40's. If anything Kanto was the last 33% of the game.
>>
>>30572336
Why didn't they just redo a B2W2 with challenge mode? THAT WOULD'VE BEEN SO GOOD
>>
>>30572705
The credits roll after beating Lance; therefore, Kanto is post-game.
>>
>>30572505
>Sevii Islands.
>Battle frontier.
>D/P/P's huge island thing.
>b2w2's plenty of optional routes post-game, black tower/white forest and pokemon world tournament.
They're always missing things but just because they rarely have extensive postgames doesn't mean they should always be simple and boring once the story's over.
>>
>>30572618
They way they built up all the Kanto stuff and then sent Lillie off, I was kinda expecting a minimal Kanto adventure. Not a full on new region, but maybe a visit where you could catch Kanto mons and battle Lillie. Maybe visit Bill and hit up the Safari Zone. That's all I really wanted.
>How far away is Kanto?
>Close
>You could visit it any time you wanted!
>>Can't visit it.
>>
>>30572769
The credits roll after you beat the Kanto league. That doesn't mean shit.

>>30572797
>sevii islands
literally takes 30 minutes to beat

>Battle frontier.
While this was great, it was the only post-game Emerald had so it evens out.

>D/P/P's huge island thing.
Once again, less than 30 minute of content.

BW2 is probably the only game that has more post-game than usual, but almost every pokemon game has pretty standard post-game and SM is no different.
>>
>>30572872
>literally takes 30 minutes to beat
I'm pretty sure you're wrong considering there's a storyline there about team rocket and having to get the ruby and sapphires to trade with people in hoenn in the future.
>>
It's shit like other first versions, but the removal of the PSS and Festival Plaza being borderline unusable shit means I won't play it for long at all.

Already moved to Showdown, will do so permanently when I finish my dex.
>>
>>30572927
No I played FireRed recently. It's definitely under 30 minutes. The islands are pretty tiny, most of them only have a few trainer battles.
>>
>>30572952
>smogon
lmao
>>
>>30573045
>3x3 Megamence simulator
>VGC
lmao
>>
it's boring as fuck.

Best post-game is HG/SS with the rental pokemon battle tower (forgot which one it was)
>>
Post-game has always been a stupid /vp/ meme.
>>
>>30573078
>ban everything simulator
>smogon
lmao
>>
>>30572705 You can beat Lance with lv. 40s for sure, but that's because the game itself has bad level design and not because the Johto portion was short. It has the longest post game. Period.
>>
>>30572927
I wouldn't use the word "storyline" so freely anon.
>>
>>30573203
It doesn't matter if you keep calling it post-game. It didn't feel like post-game, so what's the point?

/vp/ is so retarded I bet GF could make a Pokemon game that's only 1 hour long but give it a 20 hour post-game and you faggots will praise it as the best pokemon game
>>
>>30572872
>The credits roll after you beat the Kanto league. That doesn't mean shit.
How?
>>
>>30572505
Standard newgenner revisionist history
>>
>>30573301
>gen 1 literally didn't have a post game
>gen 2 had a """""""""post game"""""""""
>gen 3 had battle frontier

Post-game is a newgenner thing, retard.
>>
>>30573267
>It didn't feel like post-game, so what's the point?
It did feel like post-game.
>>
>>30573203
No it doesn't, both BW2 and Platinum have more content and more post game than HGSS. The longest part of HGSS post game was just a shittier version of Platinum's frontier anyway.
>>
>>30572872
>muh two reskinned battle towers are excellent postgame guise!!

Oh fuck off, B2W2 is great and all, but to say it has less postgame then HGSS is just delusion.
>>
File: 1adachi.png (30KB, 129x119px) Image search: [Google]
1adachi.png
30KB, 129x119px
>>30572336
Man, the main game was so good. Why'd they have to pull an X and Y and have no postgame? It's dissapointing, you think they'd have learned by now that 4th/5th gen-tier postgames were the way to go.
>>
>>30573267
How you feel is not the same as reality, and the reality is beating the first time "The End" comes up, the game is over.

And no pokemon main game is so long or short that it can be considered substantial.

>>30573317
Nobody calls Gens 3 to 5 newgenners, dumbass. That's Kalosperm and Alolasomes
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 638x136px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 638x136px
>>30573347
>>30573320
There are retards on /vp/ that call this a "final boss"
>>
>>30573340
>4th/5th gen-tier postgames

so, a few side quests and a battle facility?
>>
>>30573368
>three pseudos
Looks menacing to me
>>
>>30573368
>it's not a final boss because I, an anon on the internet, personally think his levels are too low
>>
>>30573419
>wurmple used hidden power ice
>>
is there no Battle Chateau like place in SM?
I really enjoyed it in XY
>>
>>30573444
>le ebin dank meme kek

have fun raising your wurmpe to lvl 100 to pull that off
>>
>>30573397
>>30573397
A few sidequests, multiple facilities, and numerous new locations.

Postgame of Gens 6 and 7 assume we want to spend the postgame in places weve already been to.
>>
>>30573188
The more cancer you ban the better this game becomes.

NU and PU are literally the best metagames.
>>
>>30573475
this is johto's league we're talking about

i could pull it off with a level 30 wurmple
>>
>>30573397
Hm, interesting. You know, the more I think about it, I think what people mean by "postgame" is "continued playability after the story is done", a lot of what I was going to mention is available before the E4 is beaten. I think what everyone in here wants more of isn't postgame, but extra content/features/minigames that adds to the length of time people find the game interesting.
>>
>>30573493
xD
>>
>>30572769
>>30573320
>>30573347
>>30573440
The credits and the "The End" also roll when you defeat Red. Therefore, only what comes AFTER that is post game. It's clearly the true end of the game, while the first credits roll is obviously only the end of the first part.

"Only the first time counts" is some bullshit rule you made up yourself and holds no value.
>>
>>30573480
SM has new areas to visit after you beat the game

>inb4 goal posts moving
>>
>>30573329 I'm actually not sure how platinum has more post game than HGSS. The longest part of HGSS was Pl's shitty version of the
BF, but that already makes it kinda close
to the length of PL's post game.
>>
>>30573515
The first time you beat the league and the credits come up counts as the end for every single other game in the entire franchise. Like always, you get the national dex and you are now able to rebattle gym leaders.

But yeah, I totally value your interpretation more than mine
>>
>>30572816
Glad I'm not the only one who got led on to think we'd be going to kanto
everything was set up for it perfectly with the kanto only regional variants and Lillie's story
>>
>>30573580
The other games don't have two credits roll, so your comparison means shit.

And tell me why anyone here should value YOUR interpretation instead, dipshit? It's as valid as mine.
>>
>>30573563
There's only one, right? Battle tree. And that weird cave by the meadow.

really, if there are more, tell me. I want to keep loving sun and moon as much as I did during the main game but it's really hard cause there's nothing to do
>>
post game is a meme

the game is over once you beat the league, anything else is just gravy

there doesn't need to be a post game, just complete the dex

entitled babies
>>
>>30573665
>Pfft, they want the game they buy to be good, entitled babies
>>
>>30573650
>"only one"
>uses the word "and" after

Retard. The meadow is post-game only, and so is the gauntlet.
>>
File: untitled.png (92KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
92KB, 800x480px
>>30573563
I said numerous.

The two areas of Alola or one new town of Kalos isnt very substantial. Though I cant say I didnt like it in Alola's case. But in the end it still isnt very comparable. Sinnoh was one of the biggest regions, even without the Battle Zone. And then it gave us that anyways, which is probably bigger than Poni Island

>>30573641
Mine is based on trends that happen in every other game in this franchise' 20 year history, and yours is based on one thing being different, despite everyting else remaining the same.

but no no. I can see why I should be swayed by your views
>>
>>30573665
That may have been acceptable in RBY grandpa, but after Crystal that shit doesn't fly anymore.
>>
>>30572505
>Now Asking for fucking rematches is too much

Fucking kids.
>>
>>30573665
>its ok that the games have less than they used to
>throwing around entitled

great
>>
Post-game is the dumbest /vp/ meme that has ever existed.

I've recently replayed just about every mainline Pokemon game and they all have "shitty post-games". Sure some have an extra battle facility or two but it's usually always the same thing. If Emerald was released today there'd be 20+ threads crying about "There's nothing to do besides the Battle Frontier!"

Gen 8 will have the same standard post-game. Gen 9 will have have the same standard post-game. Every generation until you die and on your death bed you'll look back and wonder why you cared so much about post-game.

Memes aside, I care more about the main game. Post-game is inherently shit to me because the story is over and I'm no longer invested. I'd rather we get really long main games, which is why I liked SM so much. If Gen 8 has an even longer main game I won't care if the post-game is just a facility. I'll just laugh at post-game autists on /vp/ from then on out.
>>
There was never a real post-game apart from Sevii Islands and Kanto-area in GSC and HGSS.

Battle Frontier is not a post-game, it's just a bunch competitive battle facilities just like Battle Tower and it's clones. Real post-game is not limited to competitive players that IV breed/EV train.

First games usually don't have any sort of post-game apart from few extra routes/caves and legendaries.
>>
>>30573744
Yeah, I know, my bad. Also, I'm not trying to argue, I was genuinely wondering if there was anything else. A shitty path to the battle tower and a cave are pretty lame as far as new "areas" go.
>>
>>30573802
>I said numerous.

I was going to laugh at that too because no Pokemon game as "numerous" areas to explore after you beat it.
>>
>>30573609
They definitely built up for it. Kukui referencing battling Kanto E4. You coming from Kanto. Kanto/Alolan mon seperation. Lillie going to Kanto specifically to see Bill because he combined with a Pokemon. Your mom saying Kanto is close by. Harbors with boats at most Islands. And until I found out what those extra passport spaces were for I thought it might be for some Kanto extras.
>>
>>30572336
It was terrible and fanboys will defend it until the honeymoon is over.
>>
>>30573916
There is no need to even defend it once you realize post-game is just a meme created by nostalgiafags.
>>
>>30573916
Nah, man. I'll admit, there's nothing really there to hold your interest after the game is over, unlike previous gens. Main story was A+++, but it's X and Y levels of boring once you beat it.
>>
>>30573515
The credits roll everytime you beat them. Guess there is 0 post game according to your logic.

The goal of the game is to catch them all and/or become champion. Beating current champ Lance ends the primary objective, cue credit roll. That is the end.
>>
>>30572336
Not at all satisfied. I want the Battle Frontier, Pokémon World Tournament and Black Tower/White Treehollow.

This is the kind of content that gives the game longevity and makes for good postgame. Shit like the UB quest doesn't.
>>
>>30573943
When you're older you'll gain enough perspective to realize that the newest thing isn't always the best thing, especially not in every aspect.

>>30573983
Then you're not the kind of fanboy I'm talking about.
>>
>>30573987
>Pokémon World Tournament and Black Tower/White Treehollow.
How are those any longer than any other battle facility?

Those don't really give the game "longevity" if you can beat them within a day.

BF takes long to beat because the insane amount of grinding you have to do.
>>
File: 1480282877738.png (16KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1480282877738.png
16KB, 625x626px
>>30573340
>have no postgame

So battling Mina, the Trial Captains, the Battle Tree, the Tapus, exploring the entire other half of Poni Island, doing the Ultra Beast side quest, going to the Alternate World to get Cosmog, getting 100% Zygarde, Type: Null, rebattling the Elite Four, Champion Title Defense, collecting all Z-Crystals, the Battle Buffet battling Guzma, battling Faba, the Battle Royale, battling Sina/Dexio, getting all Trainer Passport stamps, perfecting the PokePelago, perfecting the PokeFinder, completing the Pokedex, AND online multiplayer isn't postgame content?

I mean seriously, what the fuck?
>>
>>30573899
what are those extra spaces for?
>>
>>30574015
>When you're older you'll gain enough perspective to realize that the newest thing isn't always the best thing, especially not in every aspect.

The funny thing is, Gen 4 and 5 are still my favorite gens. I'm just not stupid enough to think they're great because the "long post game" meme
>>
>>30573882
>A shitty path to the battle tower and a cave are pretty lame as far as new "areas" go.
So..Survival Island?
>>
>>30573574
The battle area and the other post game caves combined are bigger than Kanto, there are more trainers to battle (this goes for the main game too), and more pointless side quests to complete. Also, the HGSS frontier was effectively finished as soon you had enough BP to get the four useful new tutor moves. There was no point in playing through the entire thing again.
>>
>>30574025
You can "beat" them but they never end. It's infinite content.
>>
>>30574062
Nobody said anything about anything but the post game.
>>
>>30573347
Anyone that likes anything beyond Gen 3 is a newgenner, retard.
>>
>>30574050
Completing different Island dexs, regional dex and battle tree shit.
>>
>>30566587
Literally saw this just above this thread
>>
>>30574097
retards like you are why No Man's Sky got so much hype
>>
>>30574097
Exactly, that is literally every other battle tower, why are you so retarded?
>>
>>30574120
>especially not in every aspect

retard
>>
>>30573857
>there's nothing to do besides seven battle facilities

>>30573889
HGSS has 10 towns and 28 routes after the main game.

Sinnoh has 3 towns and 5, 6 routes.

Unova has at least 3 towns and routes in both, and new areas in many of the towns too. And a sunknen palace.

Kalos has 1 towns, Alola has 2 areas.

>>30573943
you and the one other guy keep pushing your minority view and we'll keep laughing
>>
>>30574228
You do realize no one is going to take you seriously if you keep counting Kanto as post-game, right?
>>
>>30574206
1. You were whining at me before that.

2. That is in response to you acting like it's a 'meme' to say the post game is better.

This indicates both that this phrase was not your motivation to complain. The statement itself isn't saying anything about overall quality of the games against each other, but posits that they can be better than each other in individual aspects. It implies that the post game is one of these aspects.
>>
Is Zygarde 10% any good for the battle tree? Is it good at all? I love the design but I don't really know what to do with it
>>
>>30573802
I love when stupid people post, it brightens my day to know that there are people so far below average but somehow coddled enough by their family to survive when their genes should not.
>>
>>30574277
Didn't even read this. Just pointing out that you're retarded.
>>
>>30574228
>HGSS has 10 towns and 28 routes after the main game.

Wait, seriously? I beating the final boss Red and got credits but I don't remember more towns and routes unlocking.
>>
>>30572872
how can you say Emerald's battle frontier was great and then say Platinum's island had less than 30 minutes of content? It had the battle frontier as well + more
>>
>>30574279
Yes. After a dragon dance it's horrifying, even more so after two.
>>
>>30574026
Why are you separating "catching legendaries" into like 7 different things?

>>30574255
Literally only you thinks this lol
>>
>>30574279
Yes, just because Rotom is 5x as likely to show up as anything else, and Thousand Arrows is great against it.
>>
>>30574324
>sinnoh battle frontier

>>30574228
>HGSS has 10 towns and 28 routes after the main game.
I don't remember this, and I got all 16 badges.
>>
File: 1480193230459.jpg (35KB, 412x371px) Image search: [Google]
1480193230459.jpg
35KB, 412x371px
>>30574297
You might as well tape a sign to your back saying "I was baiting the whole time!" when you respond like that.
>>
File: 1456518785485.png (84KB, 345x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456518785485.png
84KB, 345x250px
>>30574255
>>30574317
>>30574361
dont reply to me every again
>>
>>30574337
>"catching legendaries" into like 7 different things?
???

What the fuck are you talking about anon?
>>
>>30574195
>literally every other battle tower
Except it's not. BT/WT provides randomly generated rooms with puzzles, and doesn't heal you after every battle so you have to manage your team well and make wise use of the floor's nurse who will only heal your team once. It also awards exp and money unlike other battle facilities but you lose all earned money if you leave or black out.

There's no reason we can't have lots of different infinite content.
>>
>>30574337
I used to consider Kanto post-game but after replaying HGSS and beating Lance under 10 hours it definitely doesn't feel like post-game.

That's what really matters, right? You can call it post-game but what's the fucking point when the main game is short.
>>
>>30573857
Ah yes, this anon speaks the truth.
>>
File: Snapchat-8180871053829259518.jpg (415KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8180871053829259518.jpg
415KB, 1080x1920px
>>30572336
At least it's fun cucking dexio
Sina has best ass
>>
>>30574336
Nice! So what, like Dragon Dance, Stone Edge, Extreme Speed, Outrage? Jolly nature? Adamant? Slap a Life Orb or Sash on it?
>>
>>30574424
>randomly generated "content"

who cares
>>
>>30574361
>>30574317
>>30574255
. . .

Too obvious.
>>
>>30574026
I changed my mind, if you saw my post here: >>30573512

I'll admit Pokemon games don't have much more postgame than one another, only extra content to keep you interested, and Sun and Moon's wasn't very interesting. A lot of it felt like stuff to check off a list, like getting the Z-crystals. There wasn't anything extra that was fun and could go on for a long time, like contests, pokestar, the underground, battle factory, etc. Of course, that's just my opinion, you may have liked the stuff to find in Sun and Moon.
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 349x150px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 349x150px
>>30574526
(u)
>>
File: 1459494700118.png (510KB, 688x533px) Image search: [Google]
1459494700118.png
510KB, 688x533px
>>30574397
>getting type: null, getting cosmog, getting the tapus, getting zygarde

>>30574455
Ive seen people here that said they beat SM in 10 to 12 hours. How long you beat it and how it makes you feel really does not matter. I took longer than that to beat HGSS, so it's not like these numbers mean much

>>30574289
pic related
>>
>>30574540
>A lot of it felt like stuff to check off a list

That's because that's what /vp/ has turned these games into. A huge check list.

I know how you feel, and I never had this problem until I started coming here regularly. Before /vp/ I never even considered post-game a thing. Now it's something we argue about for hours.
>>
completing the Dex and shiny hunting is fun
>>
>>30574497
Adamant, life orb. Unless you're finding yourself getting KO'd instantly a lot, then go for sash. Outrage is a bit iffy, I might go for thousand arrows instead.
>>
>>30574279

10% isn't banned?
>>
>>30574651
Oh, right. Wow, I didn't even consider that, sorry >>30574497
>>
>>30574587
For me I usually beat the league at around 20-30 hours, SM was 42 hours but that had a lot of cutscenes.

HGSS is the only anomaly where I beat Lance around the 10 hours mark. It's why I don't consider it post-game, or at the very least you can say HGSS as the best post-game but it has the worst and shortest main game so it balances out.
>>
>>30574587
Those are all separate things though

Getting Type: Null means you have to go to the Aether Paradise where you can battle Faba and it also means you can rematch Gladion in Title Defense

Getting Cosmog means you have to go to the Alternate World which lets you do events that are exclusive to the game being set at day or night

Getting the Tapus is getting the Tapus, the only actual legendary fetch quest

And going to the Alternate World also helps you in hunting for the Zygarde Cells which only appear during the day or night

And the Ultra Beasts have their own side story.

All that postgame right there but for some reason you are too retarded to see it.
>>
Whole thread is
>pokemon never had post-game
>pokemon always had post-game
>post-game was always short
See examples
>>30572505
>>30574457
>>30573857
>>30573665
>>30572705
>>30572872

Do people really not play the games? RBGY, RS & XY were the only ones with a short post-game, possibly Emerald if you didn't think the Frontier was big enough. Most games had sizable content otherwise. Not just a facility, but whole sidequests and multiple areas to explore. 4 out of the 7 generations had lots to do after the final battle.
>>
>>30574734
When did I say it wasnt postgame? Stop debating the person you made up in your head and debate me instead
>>
>>30574780
>4 out of the 7 generations had lots to do after the final battle.
No. Only Gens 4 and 5.

Actually, only Platinum and B2W2.

Every other game either has no post-game or average post-game.
>>
>>30572872
>>D/P/P's huge island thing.
>Once again, less than 30 minute of content.

What the FUCK are you talking about?

You get the underground battle cafe, battle frontier, an entire new mini region to explore, you get to build your own villa, explore a volcano and you get a Heatran sidequest, not to mention all the new pokemon you can find in there. Also, rival rematches and he becomes one of the top 5 strongest NPCs in the entire series. The replay value is there because shit still advances

Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>30574843
Which is basically the same amount of content in alola's post game.
>>
>>30574843
You can do the same thing and list a bunch of shit to do in SM's post-game exactly like this.

Actually, someone already did that ITT.
>>
>>30574816
You said
>Why are you separating "catching legendaries" into like 7 different things?

Which was wrong. And it also disregards the postgame content that comes from it.
>>
>>30574780
You also have retards claiming Kanto is post-game, and and PWT is "infinite content" because you can keep replaying it.
>>
>>30574840
>GS, Crystal, Emerald, FRLG, BW, BW2, HGSS, DP, Platinum
>inb4 Hoenn's seven battle facilities is standard
>inb4 Kanto is main game because I said so

>>30574705
yeah, but everyone has different experiences when it comes to how long a game takes.

>>30574942
I just asked you why you were separating acquiring the legendaries since it is pretty much never separated for other regions. You're looking for a fight where there is none
>>
I just wish there were routes with wild pokemon and trainer battles leading all the way up to lvl90s so training at high levels is less lame. I don't really like flat rules no exp battle facilities as much as just taking on trainers with 4-6 mons.
>>
>>30574988
Stop pretending your opinions are standard.
>>
>>30575010
>DP
>BW
>FRLG
These have average post-game. Gens 4 and 5 didn't get /vp/ approved™ post-game until Platinum and BW2 came out respectively. Sevii Islands could be beat within 30 minutes. Not really post-game by /vp/'s impossible standards.

>Emerald
If Emerald was released today there'd be 100 threads of people complaining that all there is to do after you beat the game is the Battle Frontier, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>30575142
I dont take arguments that boil down to "in this alternate reality, things would go my way" as much. And no, I'm not kidding myself, because like other people said here (including me once), The Frontier in Emerald is 7 different facilities, there's Gym Leader and Trainer Rematches, and the Contest Hall Master Rank is available to play.

There is no reality where that is something people will complain about, so dont kid yourself right back
>>
>>30575296
After 10+ years you have to be more critical about the Battle Frontier.

half the facilities were fucking garbage, especially the one where you don't even control your Pokemon

The only notable ones people even talk about anymore are the factory and pyramid, because let's be honest, those were the only good ones

Also you're probably very new to /vp/. Yes, /vp/ would complain about Emerald's post-game if it were released today because a lot of /vp/ doesn't even like battle facilities.
>>
>>30574840
>Kanto
>Sevii
>DPPt Island
>Unova's multiple routes in B1W1

>>30574988
Kanto is post-game. You are the only one in all the years of /tr/ to think otherwise.
>>
>>30575398
Your criticisms might be valid but are also subjective so it doesnt matter. Stuff like "let's be honest" doesnt make your points more true either. W arent talking if you liked it or not, but if it's sizeable. I dont like Battle Royal but I wouldnt exclude it as postgame for that reason.

Also, "a lot" of /vp/ not liking facilities means nothing when "a lot" of it does as well
>>
>>30575574
you can consider Kanto post-game that just means the main-game is short and shit so it balances out

sevii can be beat in 30 minutes

>multiple routes
so does SM but that doesn't count remember?
>>
>>30575647
I'm speaking within the confines of the OP.

>I'm pretty satisfied with it, but it seems that a lot of people feel otherwise.

/vp/ will always consider every new Pokemon game's post-game to be shit because post-game is such a dumb, broad term at this point that literally means fucking nothing so people just use it to fit their narrative.

This is why post-game is, always ways, and forever will be a big, dumb meme.
>>
>>30575796
"you can consider"

Not him but it's the reality. And the main game doesnt get much shorter in any quantifiable way. In the main games you do the same things with more or less locations and it all adds up to a similar experience.

When he/she said multiple routes, they most likely meant more than 2.

>>30575892
Now your argument is pretty much assuming what /vp/ will think just because they like something that happen to only be in the past. No, every opinion other than yours isnt clouded by nostalgia.
>>
>>30575796
I never debated whether it had a short main game or not. Kanto is still post-game. And read my other post, I included gen 7 as having solid post-game.

You're acting like you're arguing against me when all of your points line up with mine.
>>
>>30575796
Why are you constantly posting how long you personally beat Sevii like it matters at all in a general discussion?
>>
>>30572769
>content is automatically better if it takes place after the credits

fuck off with the post-game meme. why would moving some content to after the credits be better than normal when it's the same amount?
>>
>>30572336
Sub-par, even by Pokemon's standards, let alone the standards that would make Sun/Moon good games.

>UB missions are literally just fetch quests
>A couple of battles which aren't a challenge
>Necrozma which I genuinely doubt anyone would find without looking up where to get it otherwise
>Beyond that it's just a single shitty battle tower with literally nothing else

Even X/Y had the Friend Safari, and OR/AS had the move tutors. Sun and Moon as a whole, while not necessarily worse than Gen 6, are pathetically underwhelming. The fact that people genuinely think these are the best games in the series is mind-blowing.
>>
After playing through the battle tree (and not wiping on the first battle for once) I have to say i enjoy it much more than the maisons. Despite them both basically doing the same thing the tree feels more realistic in the sense that everyone would just be using the strongest team they would muster rather than like in the maison where the AI would spend the first 15 battles trying to find a hard counter then having the stars align and the first thing wipes your whole party.
>>
>>30576546
Oh, also there's the Tapus, Cosmog, and Type: Null. These fetch-quests were so forgettable that I've already forgotten about them.
>>
>>30576546
>UB missions are literally just fetch quests
please don't use phrases you don't understand
>>
>>30576671
>"There are [insert number here] [insert UB here] at [insert location here]! Go get them!"
>Get them
>Go back
>Repeat x5
What about this makes it any different from a fetch quest?
>>
>>30572336

Does the 45-fucking-minute cutscene that happens after you beat the League count as post-game? Because it fucking sucks.
>>
>>30576747
>gather 30 lion pelts and bring them back
>have 300 xp

>go catch this mon
>here's the location of another
>here's another

notice the difference? not even bringing up the fact that catching pokemon IS the game. Why are you here again? Oh right!

>shitposters
>>
>>30576829
Someone tried to tell me it was only 10 minutes long after I had been clocking it and noticing ALL THE PLACES THEY COULD HAVE LET YOU REGAIN CONTROL AND SAVE OR STOP THE GAME FOR A BIT and they just fucking bumrush you through it. Holy crap.
>>
>>30576747
if you simplify it to that extent every pokemon game is a fetch quest. it's only used as a criticism when you feel like you have no reason to be fetching, and/or the process of fetching is entirely trivial. neither applies to the UB quest. the reason you do it is to clean up the mess lusamine makes during the story, and getting the UBs utilizes the game's core mechanics of catch pokemon, even if it's not that hard.
>>
>post game still involves a bunch of egg hatching for IV values, which have absolutely no depth or strategy, it's just 31 more stat points with no opportunity cost

This is why people are still using powersaves to bypass this shit.

GF hasn't graduated past genIII with their post game. They still design it as if all there is to do is battle tower, there's less than 200 fully evolved pokemon to pick a team of 6, and you can only guarantee 2 IV values through breeding.

They haven't updated it at all.
>>
>>30577316

>Guarantee 2 iv's through breeding

It's been super easy to get 5 max iv's since gen 6 now.
>>
>>30573899
this is just genwunner pandering
>>
I liked it up until it sank in that I would be running the E4 about a hundred times to level up.
>>
>>30577420
No, faggot, it's been more possible. 5 IVs is still fighting the game RNG to pick the right IV spread with the Destiny Knot. It's more convenient, but still horrendous bullshit; and the "gameplay" of it is walking around forever.

It's silly shit that shouldn't have survived another gen.
>>
>>30577477
But why allude to it if you aren't going to put out? It's like paying a prostitute to suck your dick. And then she just gives you a handy and leaves with your cash. If you're gonna pander, fucking pander GameFreak.
>>
>>30573487
This.
>>
File: 1417645146797.jpg (19KB, 268x236px) Image search: [Google]
1417645146797.jpg
19KB, 268x236px
>defeat champion
>Hall of Fame
>credits roll
>title screen
>you restart at your house
>trainer card gets a start
>somehow this isn't postgame
what? Are you guys really this stubborn?
>>
>>30577633

Dude chill, if it's taking longer than 20 mins to breed a 5 max iv mon with a good ditto then you have the worst luck or you aren't changing out one of the parents for one of the better offspring.
>>
>>30572505
Pokemon games DO have long post games, for the Yellow/Crystal/Emeralds of the series. We don't have that though so we get minimum post game.
>>
>>30577316
I'm still pissed that Hyper Training doesn't actually work like it was advertised. A huge reason I got back into Pokemon was that I could at least grind, legitimately, battle ready competitive Pokemon without having to waste endless hours upon hours of grinding for IVs through breeding which is nearly impossible to do these days without a perfect Ditto. Obvious solution is to just inject or some shit but excuse the fuck out of me for thinking that Gamefreak was actually learning. Guess that was asking for too much though
>>
>>30577748
>more than 20mins

It's always more than 20mins, and your 6 IV Ditto is a powersave mon.

I'm fine, I use the powersaves. Inject 10k rare candies and 1k golden caps. I'm never hatching eggs again, and GF can choke on the fattest bit of dick if they have a problem with it.
>>
>>30574026
Anyone that denies this may as well be diagnosed as autistic, and I dont mean that in the meme sense.
>>
>>30577937
GF is up there with Bethesda for being completely fucking incompetent and making the players fix their fuck ups.
>>
>>30578009
You are giving GF waaaay too much credit. They wouldn't let anyone fix their game. At least Bethesda understands they're lazy and lets fixing happen.
>kotor2 restored content mod
>>
Being able to defend your throne against an array of challengers was a nice touch. Annoying having to fight the E4 each time to do so though. Wish there was an option to just go sit in the chair and wait for fags to come a knockin'.

Also for fuck sakes give me a newgame plus.
>>
>>30577937
>>30578009
Both of you fags are retarded. Hyper Training is easy enough to use and Bottle Caps are easy enough to grind, albeit through some exploits and through methods that don't involve breeding. It was never advertised as some easy process that casuals who play the game 30 mins a day could take advantage of, or something kids would easily understand - if anything, it was created so we could have legit 6IV unique encounters in tournaments.

>seriously comparing GF to Bethesda
I knew /v/ gutted this board a long time ago but goddamn that's an undeserved low blow.

>>30572336
I don't play games with a postgame in mind. Most games nowadays have a million sidequests that can be completed before the end of the main story, or have a few postgame activities that can be done, or are just straight up heavily multiplayer and have no real end.

Pokemon players probably feel entitled to getting massive postgames full of new bosses and rematches and dungeons or whatever because of stuff like Gen 2, Sevii, the Battle Area from gen 4. Frankly, what we got in S/M was pretty damn decent (half of Poni island, battle tree, UB sidequest, various postgame activities, Royale and Tree), and I expect we'll see more in Stars if it's an S2/M2. It's shit like people trying to say we need more postgame that baffles me, GF already puts in way more than they probably should and honestly I don't know what could have been added outside of rematches due to 3DS capabilities. Even at the very least it's far better than X/Y or ORAS.
>>
>>30575796
>so does SM but that doesn't count remember?
SM doesn't have shit for extra exploration bar that give minute stretch on poni.
>>
>>30577011
There is literally no difference outside of the number you have to collect you idiot.
>>
This guy calling everything a meme is obviously samefagging.
>>
The National Dex will fix everything.
>>
>>30579214
>Even at the very least it's far better than X/Y or ORAS.
Eh, XY maybe but ORAS is still leagues better than SM.
>>
>>30580667
That won't give it more content
>>
File: 1338437976248.jpg (2KB, 126x94px) Image search: [Google]
1338437976248.jpg
2KB, 126x94px
Battle Tree is retarded.
Battle Royal even more so.
>somehow the stars align and I get four KOs fast
>all three AIs suddenly focus all attacks on me
>rest of my team goes down because you just don't survive focus fire from three opponents
>I'm at 4 KOs, the next closest is 2
>all three of them have one Poke left
>WHOOPS, LOOKS LIKE YOU LOST
>HERE, HAVE 1 BP
>>
>>30573329
>bw2 has more postgame than hgss

nice bait
>>
>>30574094
You battle to get the gold prints retard.
>>
>>30581597
you just suck
>>
>>30572336
considering "post-game" in any pokemon game is pretty much just online PvP, its the same as every other pokemon game.
>>
There has been quite a lot to play with, and most of it isn't exclusively "Battle another trainer". So I'm thoroughly satisfied. Especially since Festival Plaza translates to "Tons of free gear".
>>
Like most things in SM, at least it's better than XY/ORAS so yeah I was satisfied.

>inb4 retard that doesn't notice the word "most" in my post
>>
>>30576546
>>30576747
>>30579451
Except the Ultra Beasts are each new, unique monsters with Ultra Space auras on them to make them special encounters? That's different from killing a generic mob, getting its drop, and reporting back. Along with the Tapu and Necrozma, that's 9 unique Pokemon to capture, with 5 of which are part of a small narrative. If catching new Pokemon is just a shitty fetch quest to you, then stop playing these games, please.

So there's a legendary hunt (with much better framing than ORAS's, despite the lower number of pokemon), post-game battles against trainers who will have higher levels than you unless you played on easy, including a battle with either Red or Blue, a short new area, a facility, and title defense battles so you get some different champion battles when refighting the E4.

That's completely average for a Pokemon game, I would say. Move Tutors aren't fucking "post game", they're good, but it isn't content you spend time on, they're just extra rewards to get with your facility currency.
>>
>>30572336
>2/3 years for the same shit as XY
more than disappointed
>>
>for a bout three years /vp/ bitches bout small post game in XY and ORAS
>SM has less post game than ORAS and about the same amount as XY
>/vp/ reaction? "P-pokemon games never had much post game really... At least its more than XY and ORAS"

Well its less than ORAS and also SM honeymon brings some of the most ridiculous opinions.

Either way SM post game sucks ass. Battle Tree is a fucking joke
>>
>>30583082
>Look mom i hating the new games again.

People like you are waiting to the next game only to praise previous gen.

Next, 8 gen suck because reasons and gen 7 will be praised, it's only a matter of time.
>>
>>30583244
>"i cant say anything negative about the games because its hate"

No fuck off, we're not even talking about games overall here. Just aout the post game and its sucks in SM, just like it did in gen 6
>>
It wasn't supposed to be anything more than it is. Muh RNG Tree is all right. UB quest was okay.

There could have been more dungeons and areas that were post-game exclusive so you could go back through some early route and find something new.

There a few too many things you could miss during the game and think it was post-game, like battling the trial captains or going to Seaward Cave.

I'd rather have more shit to do in game.
>>
I like it quite a bit. Its no HGSS/Platinum/Emerald/BW2, but its got enough content to keep me playing.

What I'm not happy about is how hard it is to fucking level. And what the fuck were they thinking having the title defender matches only be against 5 pokemon?

How in the Christ am I supposed to level stuff to 100?
>>
>>30572336
It's Red/Blue tier postgame. Literally nothing to do if you don't give a fuck about Battle Tree.
>>
>>30572336
Haven't played it yet, but looking at the available info, it reminds me a lot of DP's postgame. I wasn't satisfied with its postgame, so I'm pretty sure SuMo's postgame will be a downer for me as well.
>>
Why did people say exploring the other version's region is post game? They don't even have the version exclusives in there, pretty much the only thing different is that there's Cosmog, the time of the day is reversed, and the altar's symbols are different. That's it, the only upside is going to a different time of day without messing with your time clock.
>>
>>30572336
It's fucking garbage. I don't give a fuck about Battle Tower reskin #6 and competitive got boring after XY after everyone started hacking their mons. Already moved on to other games.
>>
>>30579214
>Casual is determined by time investment and not player aptitude

Walking around for hours, literally just walking around, hatching eggs isn't "hardcore". It's boring shit that's antithetical to the idea of gameplay. The egg is like a tamagotchi for the trainer, and you the player make them walk around collecting steps. It's a goddamn joke that this shit is still how we're expected to boost IVs.

We're genVII and GF still doesn't understand the community that actually wants those IVs. They think we enjoy the hatching eggs part; they've yet to realize that it's the next part, where we actually get to play the game by battling, that we want.

So instead, I'll be using powersaves to just edit in all the rare candies and gold caps I need for the roster of pokemon I want as options for battle tree and online play.

They deserve to be compared to Bethesda.
>>
>>30572336
I'm getting my ass kicked by the battle tree.
Sure i'm a fucking casual regarding pokemon and not thinking very hard about team building and all that stuff, but holy shit. I always get destroyed on the second battle.
At least in XY/ORAS I managed to get to somewhere over 10 with the same team i used for the playthrough.
Is it actually harder this time or is it just the fact that my team in XYORAS had some focus in their EV spread because of super training?
I can't believe that alone having such a big impact.
>>
Battle Tower for the 6th time is boring shit
>>
>>30572721
Too much pointless programming.
>>
>enter battle tower
>do a few matches and get bored
>enter battle frontier
>immediately go for battle factory and have a shitton of fun
It's the only facility I want.
>>
>>30577725
It's just one or two guys implying everyone considers Kanto main game

>>30581698
>t. only played Gen 6

>>30583244
Stop forcing the Zelda Cycle on pokemon.

>>30583082
Alola fans just do this. They imply Pokemon has never had story, and postgame was always bad. People went from saying no pokemon game was hard to "finally SM is as hard as the games pre gen 6." That overworld puzzles arent important and that having many places in a city is a bad thing.

I like SM but it is really strange seeing people who do nothing but create excuses for the game to wash away all it's flaws.
>>
>>30585966
Pretty sure you will be able to rent pokemon for this and battle spot through QR codes soon.
>>
>>30572336
156 hours in and I've been having a lot of fun with it
>>
>>30577725
>Beat Red
>Credits roll again
>>
>>30572505

You've obviously never played the games
>>
>>30572705

It's postgame. Stfu.
>>
>>30586398
>>30573802
no, the postgame story having it's own end screen doesnt mean it's main game
>>
>>30573119
The fact that Hess gave you something to do everyday was nice. Different gym leaders to rematch during the week was fun.
>>
>>30573119
>not BW2 with PWT rentals
>>
>>30573368
Just because he's utterly pathetic doesn't mean he isn't the final boss anon.
It just means the Johto games are shit.
>>
>>30573512
If that were the case people would have loved ORAS.
>>
>>30583963
Because it is an area you can only visit in post game which opens up features that you can only do post game? Especially if they are D/N based?

Like finding Zygarde cells for example.
>>
>>30587528
the level curve of the main game matches his levels though

unless you were shit and had to grind until you were stronger.
>>
File: Janp053.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
Janp053.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
This is SM's post-game.
>>
>>30587549
People actually DO love ORAS. /vp/ is the only place where ORAS isn´t generally loved/liked.
>>
>>30588270
No, Ive seen many other places find the games underwhelming. Not bad, but it is definitely not unanimously loved
>>
>>30588478
samefagging around the internet doesn´t really matter, anon. It´s literally the same 300- 500 haters around here, reddit, gamefaqs, etc. for a game that has sold 13+ million copies and has become the best selling remake/third version/sequel game of the franchise.
>>
>>30587737
This is actually a lot to do.

Pic of the sub event list page, please.
>>
>>30588537
Sales doesnt mean much, every pokemon game will sell well in this franchise, no matter the quality.

Calling people haters for not liking a game as much as you and assuming everyone who has a negative opinion throughout the entire internet are the same people is retarded.

Also, you just went from "it's only on /vp/ to listing many other sites but trying to make the same point.

I'm not even saying it is shit, just not unanimously loved by everyone, as loads of other people find gen 6 as a whole underwhelming. This is in no way difficult to believe
>>
>>30588631
No, I say the same people are samefagging around various forums, but those people are only a majority HERE. It is not a contradiction. ORAS is not unanimously loved everywhere else, but is definitely a lot more liked than disliked everywhere, except here on /vp/
>>
130+ hours and I still haven't even started on completing my dex. Plus I know I'm going to autistically breed for lots of new shinies when I'm ready for that. I'd say I'm getting my money's worth.
>>
95% of my postgame has been spent on trying to catch a Harvest Phantump, to no avail.

I want to neck myself.
>>
>>30588908
I got myself a Regenerator Mareanie last night after about one and a half hours of trying. You can do it, anon.

You're SOS chaining, right? What exactly are you having trouble with?
>>
>>30586398
How the fuck does that mean ANYTHING?

Credits roll once: POST-GAME.
Credits roll twice: END POST-GAME.

This isn't complicated.
>>
File: Ilh4KoU.jpg (1MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
Ilh4KoU.jpg
1MB, 2988x5312px
>>30588580
Here's the source.
http://imgur.com/gallery/4Cytk
>>
>>30588929
>immunity to false swipe
>HA mons only appear at 40+ chains at low chances
>can't detect the HA
>has leech seed and ingrain to regenerate health so as to not call for help
It's a slugfest, but it would be much more bearable if I didn't have to switch into fucking porigon every time I swap targets.
>>
>>30572618
Gen 2's postgame for me wasn't Kanto. It was trying to fill the Pokédex for me. Seeing as all the Johto Pokémon were in Kanto, I had to catch them all in the postgame. Then get friends to help me evolve some of them.

I also spent a lot of time screwing around with stuff I had missed on my main playthrough, like breeding, swarms, roaming legends, weekly events, etc. I did a bit of Battle Tower but I was still a bit too young to care about the meta and usually got curbstomped. All in all I never had more fun with a postgame than I had with Crystal, even though this board universally despises gen 2. It was probably the only time I will ever fill my Pokédex (sans Mew and Celebi).
>>
>>30588972
How about a Smeargle with Odor Sleuth/Foresight + False Swipe for weakening, Flamethrower for KOing, and Entrainment for detecting the ability?

And by the way, the HA starts appearing at 30+ chains, not 40+. I got my Mareanie at like 33 or something (stopped even paying attention to the number of steps once I knew that I was past 30).
>>
>>30572336
It's almost Red and Blue tier bad
>>
>>30589032
Now you're just being retarded.
>>
>Collect every night and day exclusive Zygarde cell since I assumed those were the only ones I'd be missing
>Check cube after all that
>94/100
I hate this postgame
>>
>>30589022
I've enver used a Smeargle before, thanks for the help.

Do I have to use Battle Tree Doubles to sketch moves off my own mons?
>>
>>30589032
If Red and Blue didn't have glitches there would have been literally nothing to do. Cerulean cave and that's it.
>>
>>30589081
No, you have to chain Smeargles to let Smeargles learn moves so that Smeargle sketches what other Smeargles sketched from your mon
>>
>>30589081
I'm not really sure if that works. I haven't used one in this gen. For Mareanie, I just switched between False Swipe on my starter Decidueye and a Worry Seed Exeggutor (should come naturally equipped on Exeggcute when you find them in Poni Wilds), but I'm not sure if Worry Seed works on grass types, which is why I specifically mentioned Entrainment instead.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of setting up a Smeargle specifically for this, you could just get yourself a Decidueye with Foresight, False Swipe, and Spirit Shackle, and then get yourself an Araquanid from Malie Garden and heart scale Entrainment on it, then swap it in once you know that you're within 30 steps of the chain.

Also, as a REALLY important tip for chaining, trying to use an Adrenaline Orb more than once in a battle will say it has no effect, but it will pass the turn and it WON'T deplete your supply of Orbs, making this is an effective way of skipping turns.
>>
>>30589235
I figured the orb abuse out already, but it was still almost impossible to nautrally catch a HA Phantump, but I might as well train a fucking Smeargle now, who knows when that might come in handy.

How / When does Smeargle relearn sketch after I sketched a move onto it?
>>
>>30589273
Every level ending in 1 (11, 21, 31, etc.) all the way up to 91. I'm assuming you can heart scale Sketch back on immediately as long as it's gone from Smeargle's moveset, though.
>>
>>30574026
To be fair, not all of that is postgame content.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.