[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 7 Theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

So here is my long winded theory on why we will be getting Sun and Moon sequels instead of a 3rd Version like everyone is thinking by looking at Pokémon games released in Japan.

Gen 1 had Red and Green then Blue, then Yellow. A new pair of games, then a 3rd Version followed by a 4th version.

Gen 2 went Gold and Silver and then Crystal. A new pair and then a 3rd.

Gen 3 had Ruby and Sapphire, then Fire Red and Leaf Green and lastly Emerald. New pair, Remake pair and then 3rd version.

Gen 4 had Diamond and Pearl, Platimun and then HGSS. So it went new pair, 3rd version and then remakes.

Gen 5 had Black/White and then Black 2/White 2. A new pair and then sequels.

Gen 6 had X/Y and then ORAS. New pair and then Remake pair.

Gamefreak has never had a release pattern that stayed the same from one gen to the next and have never repeated a pattern. My guess is that this trend will continue and that could only happen with one of the following release schedules. New pair, Sequel pair and Remake pair or New pair, Remake pair and then Sequel pair. The only thing that could throw a wrench in this is either Gamefreak finally reusing a pattern or the unexpected return of 4th versions which were only in Gen 1.

What do you guys think about this? Could I be onto something or am I a crazy person who had too much free time? Honestly the latter is true regardless.
>>
File: kvi9U5m.png (189KB, 492x462px) Image search: [Google]
kvi9U5m.png
189KB, 492x462px
>lack of patterns is a pattern
>>
>>30565842
Yeah I couldn't think of a better term for it, excuse my awful vocabulary being from the south will cause that.
>>
the best evidence of it being a sequel are the empty building sites in several town, which are most likely gyms.

Which means new MCs because it wouldn't make sense to have Chicken/Sun start over again.

Which means it's set in the future so it's a sequel.
>>
>>30565794
this is a pretty random theory

but with how much stuff is straight up cut out or setup for a potential sequel in sun and moon i wouldn't even be surprised if we got a sequel
>>
I think sequels to an old gen, aka Kanto, is the best bet at this point. Last gen the shakeup was no region revisit, and honestly Alola's only hang up plot wise is Necrozma, compared to Kalos' Zygarde, Az and Floette, Mega Evolution, South Kalos etc, not to even mention the fact that Alola is the most complete region since Sinnoh, so an Alola revisits only thing is really gyms and Necrozma. Ultra Beasts are a universal plot thay can continue in any region, and the characters all jumping ship to Kanto is an EXCELLENT setup to creating a Kanto sequel, because it can tell something new somewhere old without heavy reliance on the old and creating a perfect sense of worldbuilding, ie witnessing actual traversal of the regions in a short timespan involving key players. Its time to go back finally, and they jave the right groundwork in place to make it right.
>>
>>30566600
Nice dubs.

Yeah I admit it is an out there theory, but will how empty the current game feels I really think we are getting sequels not remakes.
>>
>>30566957
Honestly Kanto sequels wouldn't surprise me at all, I kind of expect it if anything, too many hints and things that feel like sequel hooks.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.