[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Grass the worst type, competitively?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: Dog.jpg (59KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Dog.jpg
59KB, 500x667px
Is Grass the worst type, competitively?
>>
>>30558417
no, but grassholes are the whiniest type fans
>>
>>30558450
i don't want to point fingers but there are at least 2 other types who have much whinier fans
>>
>>30558417
Ice exists
>>
>>30558417
No
>>
bug exists
>>
>>30558417
Well there's Ice
>>
>>30558417
ice/bug/poision/grass are the worst
>>
>>30558880
Bug is good now tho
>>
>>30559156
Poison, seriously? I dont like that type but its not bad at all.
>>
>>30559194
it's only use is to hit fairy and that's only going to be on a sweeper. Is there ever a benefit to a poison typing?
>>
>>30559194
More that most the Pokémon are shit
Types fine
Toxicroak mega bee drapion Alolan Muk venusaur crobat? Any other good poison types im missing
>>
>>30558417
??? is
>>
>>30558417
Ice. As a coverage move its great but if the pokemon actually is ice it's most likely fucked.
>>30559156
>poison
Maybe at some point but fairies have become so cancerous they see more usage.
>>
>>30558704
Dragon and dark, right?
>>
Ice, objectively speaking. Not only is it a shitty type, you can count the amount of good Ice types on one hand.
Types like Grass, Bug, and Poison aren't fantastic, but still manage to produce good Pokemon, usually thanks to good synergy with another type. That's ultimately what makes Ice so terrible, the fact that it has 1 (one) resistance and numerous weaknesses means that it's basically always a detriment to a Pokemon.
>>
>>30559221
good defensively
shit offensively

been like that for 7 gens, only way to fix is give another offensive 2x matchup that's actually useful dark
>>
>>30558417
No I'd say ice right now
The pokemon with an ice typing are usually slow, fragile offensive mons with 4x weaknesses or, if the second typing is weak to a bunch of shit, still weak to them
Grass types got way more love so far than ice types have, and you know someone fucked up big time this gen when the best two of a specific typing are just fucking reskins of older pokemon
>>
>>30559328
No not dark, poison and dark feel way to close to each other to counter themselves
I'd say maybe bug or fighting, fighting preferred though
>>
>>30559225
Toxapex is the fucking queen of OU right now.
Tentacruel, (mega) gengar, nihilego, amoongus, and scolipede all vary between decent to great between OU and VGC.

Seriously, Poison has not been in a bad spot since gen V. Toxic Spikes being so common this generation also makes them even more useful.
>>
>>30559225
Weezing and Gengar
>>
>>30559328

Wasn't Poison super-effective against Bug in Generation I?
>>
Fire, Fighting and Steel actually
>>
File: POTION SELLER.png (175KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
POTION SELLER.png
175KB, 500x367px
>>30558417
Why respect Ice types when my Water types can do anything that you can?
>>
File: what (6).jpg (148KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
what (6).jpg
148KB, 550x550px
>>30559643
Wait, it isn't anymore?

>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poison_(type)
>Gen I
>2x Bug, Grass
>Gen II to V
>2x Grass
What gives? I particularly don't use Poison because I don't like the aesthetics of most Poison-type but at least it made sense both competitive-wise and logic-wise
>>
>>30559273
Ice's problem is that it has horrible synergy with the stats usually given to pokémon of the type.
Seriously, how many Ice pokémon have 105+ in either Attack or Special Attack, and speed?
The answer is literally only Weavile, which is decent.
Ice works best for pokémon that wants to hit fast and hit hard, but the problem is that bare any Ice pokémon fill that role.

Seriously a pokémon with 110 base Special Attack and Speed that's either Ice/Electric, Ice/Dark or Ice/Fighting would be great.
>>
No type can be bad competitvely. Its not possible
>>
>>30559764
Why aren't Ice-Types fast anyways, due to Ice's lower friction you don't slow down onit so Ice types should be able to move faster.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (45KB, 700x368px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
45KB, 700x368px
>MFW steelfag
>>
Ye its shit and gay like Unova fans
>>
>>30559764
You forgot mamoswine, godlike offensive typing and base 80 speed along oblivious/thick fat actually synergize well will this guy.

Mamoswine is the other good ice type without the need to go over 100 speed.
>>
>>30559978
I didn't forget Mamoswine, it just didn't fit the criteria I mentioned.

I'm not denying that Mamoswine is good though, it's just one of those exceptional Ice types that can work without being fast.
>>
>>30559764
Now there's A-Ninetales, who is actually pretty good
>>
>>30560110
Lacks in firepower with only 81SpA, 100acc Blizzard helps it a lot though.
>>
Ice, because basically every fucking water faggot gets access to an ice move for coverage. Ice mons have terrible stat distributions and massive weaknesses to key attacking types.
>>
>>30558417
yeah basically
rock and ice are shit defensively
psychic and bug are shit offensively
grass is shit in both directions and only ever saved by sleep powder access
>>
>>30560524
>grass is shit in both directions and only ever saved by sleep powder access
>>
>>30558417
If I've learned anything from alolan diglet that dog is clearly steel type.
>>
I almost always use a grass-type in my in-game teams. the only games I didn't use one was Emerald and HeartGold, but I still had a grass-type attack.
>>
>>30560524
>grass is shit in both directions and only ever saved by sleep powder access
Stop talking out of your ass. I can't think of a single pokémon right now that runs Sleep Powder, and even then it is barely better than Hypnosis.
Unless you're thinking of Spore, but only 4 Grass lines get it.
>>
>>30559764
>Synergy with stats
Are you fucking retarded? Any pokemon with 105+ Speed and Atk/Sp. Atk would be good, regardless of type. That's not fucking synergy. That's just being really fucking strong and fast.
>>
>>30560762
>what is Mismagius
>what is base Manectric
>what is Scyther
>what is Kadabra
>what is Pyroar
>what is Heliolisk
>what is Durant
>what is Floatzel
All pokémon with 105+ in Speed and 105+ in either Attack or Special Attack, yet placing from underwhelming to PU trash.
>>
>>30558417
It's ice, they are too slow and weak to fucking everything, they were only good for killing dragons until fairy took its place, and they didn't buff it at all so now it's just useless
>>
>>30558450
You mean Ice.
>>
>>30560758
And Energy Ball somtimes. And Grass Knot.
>>
Honestly I kind of think Fire is a shit type. It's a shit type defensively, and offensively is only used for a select few that would die from it regardless.

And yes there are good Fire mons but pretty much all of them would be better as a different type.
>>
I'm telling you guys, if they got rid of one of Ice's weaknesses (rock or fighting) and gave it more resistances (ground, grass, maaaybe flying ((I think a dragon resistance is stretching it)) it would be a much better type.

Better stat distribution on ice mons and not giving every water type under the sun the most relevant ice type move (ice beam) would also go a long way.
>>
>>30559225
nidoking gengar tentacruel
>>
>>30559254
Ice and Bug probably.
>>
>>30561032
Anything from typing to ability to movepool can make a mon shit. On paper, a Pokemon with a fast attack stat spread should go well, provided other factors don't hold it back
>>
>>30564192
ice being weak to rock doesn't even make any fuckin sense
>>
>>30564274
Never denied that. The anon I was replying to said that such a pokémon would always be good regardless of other factors like typing.
>>
>>30564192
Just fucking get rid of the rock weakness, nice nerf to Undercover Gravel too
>>
>>30559225
Nidos, nihilego
>>
>>30564175
Fire seems like one of the better types. Sure, it used to be pretty shit, but it has useful resistances and can't get burned. The common weaknesses it has sucks but don't hinder it that much.
>>
>>30564272
I'd say Bugbros have been living the good life since Gen V.

Icefags are the whiniest...but they actually have a good reason to be pissed.
>>
>>30560299
The main thing that makes A-Ninetales good is its synergy with Snow Warning, Aura Veil, and decent offensive presence.
>>
File: animals-being-derps-231.jpg (35KB, 549x712px) Image search: [Google]
animals-being-derps-231.jpg
35KB, 549x712px
>>30558417
I like your Pokemon, But this one is better.
>>
>>30558417
No it's Water. Scald is RNG trash, Hydro Miss is unreliable as fuck, Swift Swim is stuck on pathetically slow shitmons, and etc. :^)
>>
>>30560660
underrated
>>
>>30559221
>Can get rid of Toxic Spikes
>Good number of resistances
>One of the two types that resists Poison
>Only two weaknesses

Poison is decent Game Freak just needs to start making better POISON POKEMON. Same with Ice types.
>>
>>30564175
Fire has a few good mons but I think it's really good cause it is effective against a decent number of commonly used types in the meta, namely steel.
>>
>>30560564
Ferrothorn is also a Steel type.
>>
>there's an NPC in S/M which straight up calls Rock a disadvantageous type

Would anyone even use Rock if stealth rock didn't exist?
>>
>>30565109
Rock is a type who is best suited for offensive roles.
The type mainly has two problems.
>a lot of the pokémon of the type are usually slow bulky ones that do not work well with the type
>physical rock moves have shit accuracy and special rock moves are a joke, making a lot of the rock types with sweeper stats less than stellar too
>>
>>30564941
Primary type, Grass. The first type always denotes the major design/thematic behind a Pokemon.
>>
>>30558417
Only if you're Verlisify.
>>
>>30565109
Tyranitar exists.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.