[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breeding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Egg.png (65KB, 863x925px) Image search: [Google]
Egg.png
65KB, 863x925px
Haven't tried breeding in a Pokemon game before so I'd like to try it this time around in Sun/Moon. I've read a few guides online and such and apparently I only need Everstone, Power Items and hope that I can catch a good Ditto on Route 10 right? And then when I put two pokemon in the Day Care I need to hope that the egg gets good IVs?
>>
File: 1382954584466.png (2MB, 1910x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1382954584466.png
2MB, 1910x1800px
Read this then retry your thread m8
>>
You can chain to get a guaranteed 4IV Ditto but you may as well do what everyone else does and get your hands on a 6IV one

Power items are for EV training. For breeding all you want is an Everstone (nature) and a Destiny Knot (passing down good IVs)
>>
>>30555259
>>30555299
I see. Seems like everything comes down to getting a good Ditto. How easy is it to get a 6IV Ditto on Route 10? Am I going to have to grind for several days?
>>
>>30555299
How are so many people getting 6IV dittos now?

Is it an inject or is there some kind of trick?
>>
>>30555382
Wait for a begging thread, but usually the funguy doesnt stay for long or go in a /ehx/ and request properly
>>
>>30555315
>>30555382
6IV ones are hacked, even a 5IV one is pretty hard to get legit
>>
>>30555417
But if the Dittos are hacked, doesn't that make the eggs illegal or something? I thought I read something about that.
>>
>>30555259
This is ancient and needs updated.
>>
>>30555426
Whether or not using a hacked parent is cheating is up to you, but as far as hack checking goes, the baby is 100% legit
>>
>>30555452
I see, I thought that if you bred using a hacked pokemon then the egg would be hacked too, or something like that.

Would this be a good idea to try and get a 6IV Ditto if nobody is giving one away?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHi-pkhtEE4
>>
>>30555589
If you want to waste a lot of time, sure.
At 30+ chain length 4 IVs are guaranteed to be at the maximum 31. The other two still come down to luck.
So both hitting 31 is a 1 in 1024 chance. From the video it looks like it takes around 1 minute between two dittos showing up so a 30 chain will be half an hour.
Now imagine doing that thousands of times. good look with that.

Also not really AFK. You still have to mash buttons. Nice clickbait title verlisify.

Best legit way is to catch multiple 4IV dittos. Just enough to cover all 6 stats.
When breeding you get a 5IV male and female pretty quick so you breed those instead of with a ditto anyway.
Only reason I'd want a 5IV dittos would be for genderless mons since those can only breed with ditto.
>>
>>30556005
Why does the IV of the dittos go up after a subsequent number of SOS's?

Whats the mechanic behind this?
>>
>>30556170
Chaining increases IVs and the chance of a shiny
>>
>>30556005
>Best legit way is to catch multiple 4IV dittos. Just enough to cover all 6 stats.
>When breeding you get a 5IV male and female pretty quick so you breed those instead of with a ditto anyway.
>Only reason I'd want a 5IV dittos would be for genderless mons since those can only breed with ditto.

I hadn't thought of that, I assumed you had to get a 6IV ditto otherwise there's no point in breeding. But just getting a bunch of Dittos with different 4IVs sounds much easier.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.