[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Alola_artwork.png (2MB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
Alola_artwork.png
2MB, 1280x905px
Find a flaw
>>
it's not kanto
>>
>>30553174
There was no "victory road."
>>
File: The_Kalos_Region.jpg (20KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
The_Kalos_Region.jpg
20KB, 400x240px
not this
>>
>>30553174
Any word on the "island" in the upper right corner?
>>
File: 1475776580299.png (455KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475776580299.png
455KB, 1000x1000px
>>30553223
>All of those beautiful rivers and lakes on the map.
>Can't explore most of them or even fish.
>The lake in Anistar.
>Some of the ones in Mountain Kalos have something, but they're almost instantly blocked by rocks.
The only good part of Kalos is the sea cliffs and the route below it. Very few exceptions.
>>30553384
Islands used for pokepelago.
>>
>>30553174
I think separating the region into several islands contributes to making it feel very small, even if it's cumulatively the same size as other regions (I do appreciate the uniqueness and am glad they did something different with this region but still). In addition, there's fuck all to explore postgame.
>>
>>30553174
Its a bunch of shitty islands with only shitty coastal cities and no inland areas with actual culture.
>>
should be able to swim between islands

poni island is aesthetically ugly as fuck
>>
File: Alola artbook map.jpg (3MB, 1920x1298px) Image search: [Google]
Alola artbook map.jpg
3MB, 1920x1298px
>>30553487
Paniola and Iki town? Po town doesn't even seem coastal due to the walls.
Also
>Inland areas
>Culture
fucking flyovers and or mongolians.
>>
>>30553548
They arent inland because you can still see the fucking ocean clearly by standing a two story building.
>>
File: TRIGGERED.jpg (66KB, 215x250px) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED.jpg
66KB, 215x250px
>>30553174
>Extremely little exploration, arguably even less than in Kanto
>All of the islands are extremely linear circles around the island, except for Poni Island, which is minuscule regardless
>Literally only one part of the game where you explore the water; everything else is extremely rigidly segmented off with rocks
>Despite being a set of volcanic islands, the only volcanic part is the fire trial, which is only the trial site itself and a tiny linear cave
>The huge icy area on the map is actually just a single cave, which can't remotely be deemed a "Victory Road".
>Very few towns; even the bigger looking cities have very few buildings you can actually enter
>The desert is bland and forgettable
>Poni Canyon, despite looking nice from the outside, is pretty much just a generic cave
>The Aether Haven is pointless outside of the mission where you save Nebby
>absolutely shitty pokemon distribution; aside from the fact that all the cool, interesting pokemon are locked in extremely specific areas, and you mostly fight rats and birds throughout the game, there just aren't many interesting pokemon in the region as a whole. Far too many Kanto pokemon, but that was predictable.
>Fishing is fucked so if you want a water type that isn't a Magikarp or a Tentacool you'll have to farm fishing spots for hours and hours.
>Many towns serve no purpose beyond just sitting there
>Po town is never brought back to its former glory, even long after Team Skull has been disbanded
>No underwater exploration, totally missing the opportunity to have beautiful coral reefs, sunken ships, etc.

When I look at Alola, all I can think of is how much potential was wasted. It's starting to make me depressed.
>>
Instances of forced geography to make the player walk around a lot.

>no path from Japantown to Po Town, or port on the northwest side of the island. How were they able to function with no convenient access to anywhere else?
>Southern part of Akala is accessed through a dangerous tunnel when the lighthouse cliff is literally a few meters from the other city

Several areas feel underdeveloped

>Lake is a huge area where you just go to grab your Cosmog and then leave and never come back
>Japantown's garden has a shop and a huge tower, neither of which you can interact with
>can't enter the recycling plant, and the geothermal plant has nothing besides a guy in the Eevee sidequest
>Aether Paradise is a giant mass of nothing outside of a few story sequences
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.