[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nerf The Fairy Type!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: fairywtf.jpg (71KB, 583x485px) Image search: [Google]
fairywtf.jpg
71KB, 583x485px
Seriously, they are too useful offensively and pretty strong defensively. Yeah, while many fairy pokemon do have laughable defense and or HP and thus end up easily dispatched by strong non resisted physical moves, the fairy power creep is just to start in Sun and Moon.

The proposed solution? Nerf the fairy defense by making their attacks interact normally with fighting type (instead of being super effective).

Sure, this will make fairy offensive ability nerfed a bit, but to be fair, fighting type is still at disadvantage against fairy offensively because the fighting moves are ineffective against fairy. And fairy is actually projected as a defensive type as well.

TL DR:
Fairy Offensive:
2x (Super Effective) vs Dragon, Dark
0.5x (Ineffective) vs Steel, Poison, Fire
Fairy Defensive:
2x (Weak against) vs Poison, Steel
0.5x (Resist) vs Dark, Bug, Fight
0x (Immune) vs Dragon
>>
>>30552944
Weak to Ice
>>
>>30552990
Ice resists fairy and fairy is weak to ice
>>
>>30552990
Ice doesn't need an offensive buff. You're just going to improve everything that can use ice Beam (water types) while ice types themselves remain shit. If anything, just give ice a fairy resist
>>
>keeping the needless Bug resist
>making it no longer strong to Fighting which was actually needed but still strong to Dark
>>
Ice resists Fairy
Fairy loses its Bug resist
Fairy is now weak to Fire.
>>
Grass is now immune to Fairy.
I mean lore wise this should come naturally with the whole Nature and Fairies drawing power from it to use magic vibe they share.
>>
>>30552944
Make it weak to Psychic.
>>
>>30553011
This here. Ice is plenty good offensively, s'why you see so many Ice Punch/Ice Beam/etc movesets. Ice Types are shit because they're slow and can't take a hit, not due to to being resisted too often.
Making Ice resist and Bug be super-effective against Fairy would be plenty.
>>
>>30553031
This would be a good thing
>>
>>30553031
I agree. Better than making them weak to grass.
>>
I just want the bug resist gone. It is the most nonsensical nerf to a type I've ever seen.
>>
>>30552944
Why fire resist fairy, but fairy resist bug?
>>
>>30553297
Because Megazard X and Mega Blaziken needed to be buffed so they wouldn't be shat all over in the same gen they were introduced by the new type.
>>
>>30552990
This, actually make some sense. Ice do need something to resist.

Ice resist fairy while in turn only normal offensively is good. Weavile could end up being Fairy wrecker now... Wait...

To be fair, why fairy resist fighting and being supereffective to fighting anyway? They should be neutral to each others.

Also remove bug resistance from fairy and made fairy resist fairy.
>>
>>30552944
How about NAH.

Fairy being SE on Fighting is my favorite.
Grace > Brute Rage

If anything, Fairy should be not very effective on Grass types.
>>
>>30554425
By your logic, Fight should end up as shit tier type next.

If anything, Fairy should be easily kicked and squashed.
>>
>>30553031
>wanting grass buffed
FUCK OFF
>>
>>30554425
Fairy wrecking Fighting is due to Fighting being OP having only two weaknesses originally and hitting about four types supereffectively.
>>
>>30554425
>Brute Rage

Not every Fighting-type is Primeape.
>>
Fairies shouldn't resist bug and should be not very effective against ice types.
My dream ice type changes:

>Ice now resists ice,water,flying,ground and fairy
>Scald only does 70 damage and has a 10% chance to burn but it is now super effective against ice types
>Hail now increases Ice types defense, Fire and Steel types aren't damaged by it anymore.
>>
>>30552990

>Dragon too OP
>Ice comes to the rescue
>Fairy invented to nerf Dragon into the fucking ground for all time
>Fairy too OP
>Ice comes to the rescue
>>
>>30552944
I agree, in 6th gen they weren't too bad except xerneas, because there was a lack of good fairy mons and most had shit physical defense.

Now that we got tapus n shit, dark and fighting types are fukken rekt.

Seriously though weaknesses to poison and steel only is pure BS since those moves are given out so rarely and are weak.
>>
>>30556224
>not wanting to buff a type that needs help
I'm sure you were one of the people that got all mad when Dragon got nurfed.
>>
Give us a SNOW weather
Damages Fire types
Slows down other types
Fairy moves become weaker
Ice type moves have 10% more to freeze

Hail stays thesame but all ice moves has +20% chance to freeze.
>>
>>30554425
Fairies should do no harm for flowers.
So Grass should be immune to Fairy
>>
>>30556477

Freeze is too strong of a debuff right now for that kind of application boost. It needs a hard cap on turns like sleep, rather than a 10% per turn dice roll to recover from.
>>
>>30552944
Weak to psychic
There, fixed.
>>
File: P Hawk.png (386KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
P Hawk.png
386KB, 557x605px
>>30553026
>>
>>30552944
Can somebody tell me why thE FUCK BUG DOES HALF DAMAGE TO FAIRY.
WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT? BUG IS ALREADY SHIT.
I can't even think of a logical in universe reason for this.
>>
>>30557475
If anything, Bug should be super effective against fairy as well.

Bug is great vs Dark and Psychic, so why not another magical themed mon share common weakness to them?

And let's not counting the Tapus but have a look at the freaking Sylveon. Yes, they could be socked up quick with Meteor Mash / Iron Tail / Poison Jab, but they absolutely RAPE special focused pokemon that aren't Steel, Poison, or Fire Type.

Fairy should be weak to bug and ice in addition to steel and poison...
>>
If anything, make normal resist fairy. Normal folks don't believe in fairy tales.....
>>
>>30553041
This. Also Psychic should have resisted Fairy.

>TFW Mr.Mime would have been Tapu Lele's nemesis.
>>
Delicious tears even after all these years
>>
>>30556446
Grass needs no help. Grass accomplishes what it's supposed to be- a shitmon type. Buffing a shitmon type goes against the entire point.
>>
>>30553026
>Weak to Fire

Firefags need to fuck off. Fire didn't deserve that resist to Fairy; thereby making it the 2nd most resistant type behind STEEL. It is bullshit.
>>
>>30552944
In terms of lore involving Fairies, Ice gaining a resistance and Grass gaining an immunity make sense. I would probably add a Bug-type weakness too, but I fear that would make the Bug-type into another Ice where only its moves are useful.
>>
>>30559075
Bug is actually useful as long as you have balanced team and load them with proper coverage / support moves there. But yeah, you kinda need mastering the prediction mind game or using Volt Turn team to make them really shine

(Mega) Scizor and (Mega) Heracross are very useful attackers, while Forretress are among the best spiker lead available.
>>
>>30552944
bait
>>
>>30559994
>[insert type here] is good as long as you support it and prop it up with superior types and Pokemon

See what I did there? Moral is, if you support it enough, any type is "good."
>>
>>30552944
Weak to Bug because in films and shit Fairies get fucked because they're bug-sized but bugs are ruthless fuckers when you're tiny

Remove their resistance to Dark seriously what the fuck Dark is meant to corrupt innocent Fairies not be defeated by them
>>
>>30560112
>Bug need support
If only every bug pokemon is closer to Scizor and Accelgor instead of being shitty bulk who'll die in most first attack.
>>
I don't care if this thread is even bait or not, I think fairy should be weak to bug
>>
>>30552944
Fairy is fine.
>>
File: 089Muk.png (361KB, 899x899px) Image search: [Google]
089Muk.png
361KB, 899x899px
>>30552944
How about pokemon?

Muk from a new Region.
105/105/75/65/100/50
652.8 lbs
Poison/Steel
Poison Touch/Full Metal Body
HA: Regenerator

Signature Move:
Quicksilver Shank
+ 8 Priority move if target switches, normal otherwise.
Applies Toxic to any non-Poison-type.
If the target is weak to Poison or Steel the Toxic damage counter continues even if it is switched out.
>>
>>30559030
Good thing none of this shit is going to happen.
>>
>>30559049
most things, when they get in contact with fire, melt, wither or simply die.

fire being resistant to most things makes fucking sense.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.