[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Unknown-11.jpg (5KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-11.jpg
5KB, 186x186px
F
>>
>>30549623
Thankfully it died but now OU is literally 3 UBs + others
>>
>>30549623
>126 speed
Why do people still think Talonflame is going to drop out of OU?
>>
X
>>
>>30549803
wait, which 3 UBs? Celesteela, and then...?

Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Kartana, Buzzwole, and Nihilego can all be reasonably countered. Celesteela is fucking shitter trash and it's on every team unlike the other 5 but it's not too hard to stop. Guzzlord is too awful and outclassed to be in OU.

Meanwhile, XY and ORAS OU were almost as bad as VGC when it came to 'm-muh diversity'
>>
>>30549887
I guess I was being retarded. Pardon me
>>
File: _Staraptor.png (2MB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
_Staraptor.png
2MB, 1566x881px
>>30549623
Fuck yeah.

Now the actual Bravest Bird can make his triumphant return.
>>
>>30549915
Yes. I love destroying things with close combat
>>
>>30549856
>no priority healing
>SR still rapes it as hard as ever
>koko and fini shit all over it, BB variants lose to scarfed lele and bulky variants are beyond shit
>so many rain teams and electrics running around
>toxapex, alolan marowak, and other common OU sights shit on it
>best thing it can do is check pheromosa (which outspeeds it), buzzwole, and bulu for top tier threats, does terribly against almost everything else
>subpar attack really starting to become noticeable since it can't spam BB or acrobatics anymore
as I said:

F
>>
>>30549856
because that wont save it?
>>
>>30549963
>punch things with wings
it's so brave.
>>
>>30549856
Because it has 81 attack. It's fast but its offense are on par with Swellow now, but it's 4x weak to rocks.

The entire utility of Talonflame was always being able to check very fast sweepers.
>>
>>30549979
None of those things show me you have any experience in competitive pokemon. Lurk more

>>30549981
But it will? Its one of the best speed tiers in the game. Out of all the fastest things in OU it'll still be outspeeding most, if not all of them and revenge killing. Nothing has really changed

>>30550092
Its offense was 'always on par with Swellow' just because you retarded smogonites didn't know how to do anything other than press brave bird 6 times to win a match didn't mean otherwise. Even with those swellow tier offenses he was a huge threat, he'll stay that way.

He can still revenge kill extremely fast mons, just because he doesn't have 'm-muh priority' doesn't mean no.

Anyway, even if he were to drop, he'd be too strong for UU. He might drop in viability but he's not dropping tiers
>>
>>30550268
>None of those things show me you have any experience in competitive pokemon. Lurk more
Ayy lmao, you're obviously the one that has no experience with competitive. Gale wings was so good because Talonflame could invest in defence without having to worry about being outsped.It had will o wisp to take care of defence, roost for almost guaranteed recovery, and could then dump its EV's in special defense and attack. Now that gale wings is dead, it has to put EV's into speed. It's fast, sure, but what else does it have going for it? Without Gale Wings, Talonflame is just a fast mon with a quadruple stealth rock weakness and mediocre stats everywhere else.
>>
>>30550268
>smogon
>competitive
LOL
>>
>>30550268
You don't seem to understand the importance of priority. That is basically the one thing TF had going for it, other than the bulky WoW set which also largely depended on priority Roosts.

You need priority to kill off the boosted glass cannons trying to kill your team, or when you're cleaning the opponent and can't afford to deal with scarfers. It was a huge role for TF to play and now it is basically obsolete, plus its heavy baggage because you have to compensate for the SR weakness and its 81 attack. It'll most likely end up in RU and probably ultimately worse than Swellow.

Which is fine, it deserves it. Now, press it with me:

F
>>
>>30550268
>Its offense was 'always on par with Swellow' just because you retarded smogonites didn't know how to do anything other than press brave bird 6 times to win a match didn't mean otherwise.
Forgot to single this out specifically. You really don't know anything about competitive. Nobody uses brave bird spam anymore, it's all about that defensive set I mentioned.
>>
>>30550425
this. hard.
F
payed my respects and yall should too.
bravest bird is not gonna be a thing in the meta anymore.
>>
>>30550268
Why are anti-smogonfags so insanely defensive? I thought you guys were against stall?
>>
>>30550529
The mind of an anti smogon fag is a curious place. They will say stall is cancer, and in the same sentence unironically call for a stealth rock ban.
>>
Its ability is still gale wings so why are yall shitting on the bird?
>>
>>30550581
Gale Wings got nerfed. It only works at full health now.
>>
>>30549856
Crobat is a better BB user in every way from turn 2 onwards.
>>
>>30550579
But then they'll say there are 'obvious' counters to pokemon by saying "machop used low kick" or "sunkern used absorb" and that Smogonfags "just can't handle unique strategies". As though they don't spend every goddamn moment of the game working on strategies and experimenting with shit.
>>
>>30550608
no?
>>
>>30550639
yes?
>>
>>30550639

>Generation VII
Gives priority to Flying-type moves when the Pokémon's HP is full.
>>
>>30550639
Yes you fucking idiot.
Stop talking out of your ass about something you clearly don't know about.
>>
>>30549623
no respects for this piece shit
>>
>>30550639
Why the fuck would you ask that question if you already decided what the answer was going to be?
>>
>>30549623
I feel kinda bad about the nerf. Like, I hated facing talonflame. I hated how it invalidated so many cool pokemon just by existing. But, y'know, I loved what he stood for. We need more route 1 "trashmons" like talonflame and diggersby. They bucked the trend of shitmons like furret or pidgeot (toucannon is acceptable, but what the fuck happened with gumshoos). See you in RU, bravest bird.

F
>>
File: It's Dead.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
It's Dead.png
58KB, 250x250px
>>30549623
F
Pay your respects.
https://youtu.be/KNZSXnrbs_k
>>
File: 398Staraptor.png (32KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
398Staraptor.png
32KB, 200x200px
THE ORIGINAL BRAVE BURD IS BACK.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.