[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Questions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 33

File: 1477641337537.png (617KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1477641337537.png
617KB, 1000x700px
So no other thread, so here it is: questions you have that are not worth their own thread.

First one: what is the best way to make money in the game?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1500x1227px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1500x1227px
>>30543000
Haha.
Fuck you.
>>
Does anything special happen if you beat the Masked Royal during one of his random appearances? Just got bopped and didn't get anything.
>>
>>30543000
finish UB quest to get 1 million
>>
Is it worth EV training both defenses on a mon with low HP? instead of HP and one of the defenses
something like Corsola that gets reliable recovery
>>
Teach me how to breed.
I have two Beldums, one has 4IVs and one is in a Beast Ball. I don't think either has that great of a Nature. So I should equip a Destiny Knot to the 4IV one and breed them until I get one with a good Nature and the proper ball?
>>
>>30543000
Amulet Coin + Happy Hour versus the Elite 4 will net you a tidy sum.
>>30543073
It's random? Shit, I must have shitty luck because I've played a ton of Master rank matches and haven't seen him once. Can you upload battle videos from there, by the way? All my attempts to upload stuff from in-game facilities have failed.
>>30543374
You can't breed two Beldum together since they're genderless, but Beldum + Ditto works with the setup you're describing. Ask around /vp/ and you'll probably find someone distributing a 6IV ditto for you.
>>
Is Tapu Koko's nature set in stone after the first Champion encounter?
>>
>>30543411
I don't know if it's random or not, but I've only seen him once. Dunno about uploading either, I didn't save a video.
>>
>>30543374
Get a ditto for genderless breeding
and instead of trying your luck with the nature, get an abra or a pokemon with synchronize as the ability, and see if you can breed the right nature on that, so you can then go catch a ditto while that synchronize pokemon is leading your party
>>
What exactly is the timeline re: years between games/which ones take place around the same time? Google is being remarkably unhelpful.
>>
I accidentally fucked my game cartridges time by using it on my friends 3DS. Now time won't progress.

How long do I have to wait? This is the first time it happened for me.
>>
>>30543548
24 hours. Make sure you save your game or it won't count down properly.
>>
>>30543548
Mine was around 48 hours I think.
>>
If you use a Z-move, does it count as the item being consumed? I want to know if I could run Nature madness and acrobatics on tapu koko
>>
>>30543694
Nope. The item is still there.
>>
What nature for nihilego?
>>
What are the best moves for Salandit looking forward to the evolution.
>>
>>30543791
Toxic + Venoshock (TM)
is a breddy gud combo

if u survive long enough to use it

>>30543780
fug nature
>>
>>30543882
I'll look out for that...is there a place that like ranks moves because I just have no idea what is good and what isn't. Trying to decide if I should replace something with Double Slap atm specifically.
>>
>>30543919
no, double slap is fucking trash.
>>
>>30543919
double slap is absolutely horrendous
>>
>>30543941
>>30543949
I thought so I just wanted to make sure and get advice for the future. Any other moves I should look out for that are worth replacing any of the Ember, Dragon Rage, Sweet Scent, Smog?
>>
>>30543990
By thought so I mean I had a feeling, I have no idea what I'm doing so I don't mean to make it sound like I do haha
>>
>>30543919
Salazzle's Base Attack is 64, its Sp. Atk is 111. Don't teach it physical moves (ones with the orange box and a yellow spark/star thing) teach it special moves (blue box with the light blue/white ripples)
>>
>>30544029
and choose ones based mostly on Accuracy, if it is 100 or -- then look at the damage, if it is higher than the damage of a move it already knows switch it out.
>>
>>30544029
Ok, thanks for the info.

If I were to EV train it to be better with various things, (though I'm not really going for competitive, I still want it to be pretty strong) which stat would you say is worth investing in the most? All Sp. Atk?
>>
>>30543990
Replace Smog with Venoshock or Sludge Bomb. Both are TM's, just google where to find them.

Replace Sweet Scent with Toxic.
You can get the Toxic TM somewhere, just google where to find it.

Replace Dragon Rage with Dragon Pulse when you get it.

Replace Ember with Flame Burst when your female salandit evolves.

It is female, right?
Only female salandits evolve.
>>
How should I raise Honedge? Particularly for the Battle Tree?
>>
>>30544111
Yep, it's a shiny female, bashful nature.
>>
Is there any point using the higher level Isle Aphun stuff? Seems like just a higher % chance to get useless shit
>>
Is there a better way to get the IVs and nature that I want while breeding? I'm trying to get a minior so I have a perfect ditto with a destiny knot and a minior with 5 perfect but with a neutral nature. I've hatched maybe 25 eggs to try and get something usable but no luck so far.

Should I instead have searched for a minior with a desirable nature when I was looking for breeding stock to cut down on RNG? What's this abra thing?
>>
Where is the best place to level up pokes that I'm breeding?
>>
>>30544203
you can get evo stones
>>
>>30544249
What nature is the ditto? if it has the right nature, stick the everstone on that and the destiny knot on the minior.
>>
Regarding the IV Judge, I have bred a Popplio that reads Best for all but Spec. Defense. Instead, Spec. Defense reads as Fantastic. What does this mean?
>>
>>30544337
if I remember correctly, "Fantastic" is 30.
>>
>>30544337
fantastic is 30 out of 31 in regard to a IV
>>
>>30544087
Sp. Atk and Speed. You can max two stats to the cap, and its defenses are bad enough that pumping them won't do much for you.

I'd prioritize special attack first though. In my experience at least, it's in for a bad time if it takes more than one or two hits to kill its opponent.
>>
How do you give pokemon a high five in the Refresh? And can you still give them a rub when they win a battle, because I've seen them turn their head around expecting a pat like in XY/ORAS.
>>
File: 1458588602495.jpg (10KB, 183x134px) Image search: [Google]
1458588602495.jpg
10KB, 183x134px
>>30543000
When is Lillie coming back?
>>
Is there a best place to fish for bottle caps?
>>
>>30544529
In the diamond/pearl remakes, she got lost on the way to Kanto
>>
>>30544604
That's bullshit. but i believe it.
>>
>>30543000
What are the best festival plaza venues to have in my festival plaza?
>>
>>30544604
>tfw you know she'll never see the SM protag again
>tfw you know they'll never get married and hug 'n' fug
>tfw dp remakes might sink my ship harder than the titanic

feels bad man
>>
What's the best way to grind mons to 100?
>>
I'm looking at chaining on Serebii, and some of the pokemon have 3 different lists of S.O.S pokemon they can call

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/alola/route1.shtml

>Additional S.O.S. Slot
Lv. 3-5
Note: May not correspond. See S.O.S. Details

what does this mean? Does it cycle between the 3?
>>
>>30544720
It's an unknown chance which pokemon will answer the call, there's no rotation otherwise getting a slamance early game would be broken as fuck.
>>
>>30544781
Ohh ok, I'm chaining Grubbin to try get Pichu/Happiny, but more Grubbin keep coming even though Serebii doesn't have it listed
>>
>>30544676
play the game.
>>
File: 564564.png (2KB, 342x86px) Image search: [Google]
564564.png
2KB, 342x86px
>>30544720
>>
>>30544854
Oh shit what the fuck, didn't realise they don't line up at all.

You saved me a lot of time, thanks anon
>>
Where i can found Razor Claw ?
>>
What nature for pheromosa?
>>
>>30545091
Naive.
>>
File: Mega Evos.jpg (126KB, 464x411px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Evos.jpg
126KB, 464x411px
So how do you level past 70 in this game?
>>
Can you rebattle Guzma, Faba, the GF dev., and the other post-game rematches daily or is this a one time thing?
>>
Does Mareanie call for more Mareanies after it shows up in an S.O.S. battle? If not, how are you supposed to get it with its HA?
>>
>>30545469
Rare Kitchen *****, battle Morimoto every day, E4. Lucky Egg+Exp Share.

>>30545532
GF dev yes, the others no.
>>
>>30545469
Fighting the Elite Four over and over I guess. They have more or less the highest level pokemon in the game.
>>
>>30545599
>Rare Kitchen *****

Is this similar to the restaurants in XY?
>>
About Festival Plaza, are ***** lotteries noticeably better than ** lotteries? Is it worth having all three different lotteries?

And is there a facility where I can get all of the EV vitamins?
>>
>>30545532
Just the Dev
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/dailyevent.shtml
>>
>>30545656
No, it's a Festival Plaza facility. Closest thing to the XY restaurants is the Battle Buffet, which can still provide decent exp for Pokemon in their 50-60s.
>>
File: oras breeding.png (2MB, 1920x1600px) Image search: [Google]
oras breeding.png
2MB, 1920x1600px
are there any breeding changes in sm from oras?
>>
Where is the NPC who will give the Shiny charm?
>>
Whats the name of that move that forces attacking Pokemon to target you instead of your partner in doubles?

Is there a move like that?
>>
>>30546360
follow me?
>>
What pokemon should I dump from this team to add a wall?
What should it be?
>>
File: 45748-watamote-just-kill-me-now.gif (237KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
45748-watamote-just-kill-me-now.gif
237KB, 1280x768px
I'm currently trying to get a Chinchou by fishing at rippling spots only at Route 9. According to serebii if you fish at a rippling spot the chances of it appearing are 20%. Do the rippling spots actually increase the chances? I've fished an endless amount of times at this shitty spot. i want to die
>>
>>30546387
Thanks anon.

ORANGURU DOESN'T FUCKING LEARN IT, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30546485
just use pachirisu ;^3
>>
Where can I get into a Double Battle to reliably get a Smeargle new moves through Sketch?
>>
>>30546524
just use wild smeargles
>use move
>wild smeargle uses sketch
>switch to your smeargle
>use sketch
>>
>>30546497
Thanks.

again?

I'm trying to build a team where I use ultimate Evoboost and then baton pass that to Garchomp, then make Garchomp Mega Evolve and use Swords Dance Twice Through Instruct on Oranguru. I wanted Oranguru to have it so it could make sure Eevee survives through the first turn where it uses Evoboost.
>>
Anyone know what happens when you lose to the elite four or an elite four challenger in sun and moon?
>>
>>30545566
Nope. You have to kill them and leave the Corsola alive until you get to like 40 in the chain then use an attack like skill swap to figure out what its ability is. It will try to kill Corsola which ends the chain, so you have to make sure Corsola is not completely on the verge of death on top of everything else.
>>
>>30543430
Of course not.
>>
>>30546544
If the move would kill the smeargle, just false swipé one, wait for help and kill the one that sketched falseswipe.
The new one would sketch your move and still have too much HP to call for help.
>>
Can i fight red as many times as i want or is it a one time only thing?
>>
Does lucky egg work if a Pokemon is holding it and only got EXP from EXP share?
>>
>>30546613
you lose a bi of money and they act like it never happened

just like all pokemon games
>>
>>30546867
yes, it'd would just get .75 xp instead .5
>>
>>30546846
Can't you battle him in the Battle Tree?
>>
>>30546468
Rippling spots do increase the chances but it's still down to luck mostly. I've been trying to catch a Dhelmise forever...
>>
Does Instruct have any kind of Priority? -1? +1?
>>
>>30547151
>>
Is Lillie a virgin?
>>
>>30547319
Depends on what point in the game you're at.
>>
Is it possible to get Hidden Power Fire on event Magearna? I've gotten Dragon,Steel,Water,Dark,Grass,Ground,Ice ,and Bug
>>
>>30546290
bumping this
>>
>>30547487
explain
>>
When does Alola start on the anime?
>>
>>30547319
She's 11!!!!!
>>
>>30547825
About three weeks ago.
>>
>>30547876
so, no?
>>
>>30547319
do you consider getting finger fucked by her mother losing her virginity?
>>
File: tapu lele.png (146KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
tapu lele.png
146KB, 500x523px
What's the best way to raise/use Tapu Lele? Natures, EVs, movesets, etc.
>>
I've had this one shitmon squatting at Poke Pelago for as far as I can remember. I haven't interacted with it for around an entire week and it still hasn't left.
>>
Should Sun Moon be renamed to Brown Pubescent Girls: The Game: Take a Seat Edition?
>>
File: hindboob.webm (192KB, 526x310px) Image search: [Google]
hindboob.webm
192KB, 526x310px
>>30548108
>Pubescent
>Take a Seat

What's wrong with Olivia? She's at least 20.
>>
File: 1480019948565.jpg (560KB, 776x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1480019948565.jpg
560KB, 776x1054px
Learning to breed Pokemon is like learning fucking calculus. What the hell do I do?
>>
File: 174Igglybuff.png (37KB, 159x207px) Image search: [Google]
174Igglybuff.png
37KB, 159x207px
How do you raise happiness? I've had this stupid little shit in my party all day. I pet it after every battle. I feed it beans. And it still has only one heart. All I want is it to evolve for my dex so I can box it for eternity.
>>
>>30548232
Happiness =/= affection. Take it into the box below the daycare and spin around on tauros for a few minutes, then level it up and see if it worked.
>>
>>30547600
>>30547600
sure why not?

For HP Fire you need a number between 34-37

>You start with a 0.
>Add 32 if the Special Defense IV is odd.
>Add 16 if the Special Attack IV is odd.
>Add 8 if the Speed IV is odd.
>Add 4 if the Defense IV is odd.
>Add 2 if the Attack IV is odd.
>Add 1 if the HP IV is odd.

So to get HP Fire go for perfect IVs in HP, Attack and Spec Def and then even numbered IVs on everything else.
>>
>>30548232
Use TMs a bunch of times
That's what I did for my Munchlax
>>
>>30543000
Best nature for Solgaleo?

Is 97 speed okay for ubers?
>>
Are there any cool chain egg moves in SM before pokebank is out?
Just for wish on Eevee by sketching it from Alomola.
>>
>>30548222
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
TEACH ME
>>
>>30548571
how does that help me at all?
>>
What should I get from Whataburger?
>>
>go to Hau'oli Cemetary at night
>only encounter Gastly

I was told Misdreavus was here. I think I was lied to. I've fought a dozen Gastly so far.
>>
>>30548517
>>30548517
See:>>30546290

>>30548232
Cram EV-reducing berries down its throat, they work even when a pokemon doesn't have EV.
>>
>>30546290
Just pokeball inheritance changes I believe
-Males/Genderless pass down pokeball when bred with ditto
-Males can sometimes pass down pokeball when bred with female of same species

And once pokebank comes out
-Give a Kanto form pokemon an Everstone to force the Kanto form when breeding.
>>
>>30548627
ok but what about his question? Has anything changed since that chart was made?
>>
Why is Lucario suddenly such hot garbage? Didn't it used to be prebby good? Or is that just a misconception I hold because of how popular it is as a pokemon?
>>
>>30546354
Director John Gamefreak in the Gamefreak office in Heahea city
>>
>>30548222
It's really not that hard. There are just a couple things you need to understand:

- Natures and how to pass them down (Everstone on mother)

- IVs and how to pass them down (Destiny Knot on father)

- Egg Moves and how to pass them down (which is really easy)

- Abilities/Hidden Abilities and how to pass those down (mother with ability of choice)
>>
Do i see the big pearls/pearl string at the marts or are there special buyers for them? i know in black/white you could sell tiny mushrooms for a higher price
>>
Earliest Fire Pokemon in Sun other than starter?
>>
>>30548741
>Everstone on mother
>Destiny knot on father
It doesn't matter which gender holds what. The parent that has the nature you want holds the everstone. The other parent holds the destiny knot.

If the father has the correct nature, then the father holds the everstone and the mother holds the destiny knot.
>>
>>30548756
Growlithe on route 2.
>>
>>30548741
literally gibberish to me
I am not a smart man, anon
>>
>>30548232
I usually just keep it in my party for a while and get steps in or just level it enough until just evolves. Never that much effort for me personally.

Incidentally, what level of happiness do newly hatched pokemon have?
>>
>>30547980
this makes me hard.
>>
>>30548823
I guess that's an option. I've always just preferred doing it the other way. I tend to breed male pokemon with perfect IVs so I can just use it as a catch all father for other pokemon in its egg group. If I had a female with perfect IVs, I wouldn't be able to do much with it except breed more pokemon of that species (though I do keep the mothers with the highest IVs for later breeding if necessary).
>>
File: IMG_20161206_063421.jpg (134KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161206_063421.jpg
134KB, 1600x1200px
Why is the dialogue so depressing?
>>
Where is the best place to get a lot of points to get the last version of the poke finder?
>>
File: BREEDING.png (99KB, 1516x1036px) Image search: [Google]
BREEDING.png
99KB, 1516x1036px
>>30548222
If you don't have one of those 6V Dittos that have been floating around, here's what you do.

First, acquire two items: a Destiny Knot, which can be purchased at the Battle Tree for 48 BP, or alternately, acquired by a Pokemon with Pickup (probably the easier option). If held by a parent, this will pass 5 IVs between both parents to the offspring, whereas the usual amount is 3, I believe. You'll also want an Everstone (just use Thief on Roggenrola, they have a 50% chance of carrying) on the parent with the offspring's desired nature.

To get good IVs on a parent, simply SOS chain it. After long enough (I think about 40 steps), the Pokemon that get summoned are guaranteed 4 random perfect IVs. If possible, get a male and female in this manner, and make sure you check their IVs with the in-game judge (gotten from the Ace Trainer at the Battle Tree, accessed through PC) or with Serebii's calc (make sure you calculate everything as soon as you catch a Pokemon; you don't want unknown EVs messing with your data) http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcsm.shtml (That calc won't be any good for newborn Pokemon since their stats are still too low to determine anything from)

Once you have two good parents, make them hold the aforementioned items and start hatching eggs (get a Flame Body Pokemon like Fletchinder to speed this up), keep checking the offspring's IVs until you get good ones, swap parents out with the offspring, rinse and repeat until perfect.

I made a visual.
>>
>>30548823
This is true but if you have a father with perfect IVs, you can breed any female pokemon in its egg group with it and inherit its IVs. Perfect IVs on a mother is good but you can only use it to breed more of that same pokemon. Saves time if you have a dedicated perfect IV father for every egg group.
>>
>>30549084
thanks, anon, you're my hero
>>
>>30549098
>>30548967
Good point. I just thought they meant the everstone was restricted to only work if held by the mother (because it used to be that way)
>>
Is there no shop to buy Ice Stones from? Besides the Po Town one, can I only get Ice Stones from Isle Aphun?
>>
>>30549690
Correct
>>
>>30549690
no, yes
>>
>>30547054
Dunno if you're still here but good luck on your Dhelmise. I finally got my goddamn Chinchou!
>>
>>30549719
>>30549728
Well, that's inconvenient. Thanks, anons.
>>
How do I go about getting hidden abilities? I really want a HA slowpoke but I have no idea where to get started.
>>
File: 600px-800Necrozma.png (188KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-800Necrozma.png
188KB, 600x600px
Is Necrozma a UB or a legendary?
>>
>>30550009
Legendary. Doesn't have Beast Boost, has 600 BST instead of 570, and Beast Balls won't have an increased capture rate.
>>
>>30549949
SOS chains.
>>
How the fuck do I log in on the Global Link website? I can't see it anywhere.
>>
Does the Shiny Charm require capturing all of the Pokémon or is it just seeing them?
>>
>>30550338
You have to catch the whole National Dex.
>>
So walk me through how I am meant to make a good pokemon for vgc. Is it basically like

1: breed 100 abras for the natures I want
2: use it to catch the pokemon with the nature
3: get a 4iv ditto with sos chaining
4:breed the ditto with the pokemon with knot and everstone and switch them around if the babbies have good iv until I have a good pokemon???
>>
>>30550009
>>30550113
That, and I believe Looker confirms that it isn't a UB after you capture it.
>>30550338
Capturing.
>>
>>30550349
Not in Sun/moon it doesn't have a national dex.
>>
>>30550371
16 different nature'd abras at most
>>
>>30550378
My bad, I meant Regional, not National.
>>
I forgot to get the second Nihilego and went on to catch the rest of the UBs. Is there anyway to go back and get it?
>>
>>30550371
you don't even need to breed for the abras, just go on wonder trade and you'll have a collection of them in no time
>>
>>30550009
>>30550113
>>30550376
It probably will be a beast lore-wise later since it has only prime number stats like ultra beasts and the cosmog line.
>>
File: 1477632328596.jpg (22KB, 475x263px) Image search: [Google]
1477632328596.jpg
22KB, 475x263px
>>30550349
>>30550376
Alright. Thanks.
>>
>>30550421
There is no second nihilego.
>>
>>30550421
There's no second Nihilego it just apears in one of two places
>>
Has there been any canon indication of what Kukui's "official" starter evo is? I've just been assuming this whole time that it's MC gets Decidueye, Hau gets Primarina, and Kukui gets Incineroar, but lately I've been hearing that it's confirmed that Kukui is canonically supposed to have Decidueye.
>>
>>30550467
>>30550470
Cool beans.
>>
>>30550516
>but lately I've been hearing that it's confirmed that Kukui is canonically supposed to have Decidueye.
That imply the canon starter for the protag is popplio and protags don't have canon starters
>>
So what was the "big secret" CoroCoro said that the starters and Rockruff shared? Because it wasn't signature Z-moves, Type:Null, or split evos.
>>
>>30550765
the secret of mistranslation
>>
>>30550765
the secret was that they all have secrets.
the starter line has their own z moves, rockruff has a split evo. maybe that's where the "starters have split evos" rumor came from?
>>
In order for cute charm to work in an SOS battle, does it have to only be your lead (alive) pokemon at the start of the battle, or does it have to be your active for each call?
I'm chaining eevees and neither seems to be making more females.
>>
>>30550516
incineroar makes sense due to his wrestling connection
>>
>>30548756
Anon already mentioned Growlithe but you can also get Cyndaquil on route 3 through the QR Finder.
>>
How do you hear battle legends signature theme? I get to battle tree, fight Wally, wait to hear his badass theme, but it doesnt play. Tf do i do
>>
>>30551050
if you selected anything other than the regular trainer theme, it'll play that instead of the battle legend theme.
>>
Why is it so difficult to find a Light Ball on a Pikachu? I've been chaining Pichu forever, and I've been through 25 Pikachu at this point, and not a single one has had a Light Ball. I know there's a Light Ball later in the game, but I would prefer to have one early.

And what point do IVs hit their max in a chain?
>>
>>30550963
>due to his wrestling connection
What?
>>
Anyone know any double battle ecounters in the wild in pokemon sun/moon?
>>
>>30550843
Not sure about cute charm specifically, but compound eyes only works if butterfree is active for each call. I know because I thief'd over 50 Elekids with nothing to show using Krookodile. I switched to butterfree the whole fight and got 2 items within 10 Elekids.
>>
I have a party full of Lillipups with Pickup so I can get Destiny Knot. Why do they all get boosted experience? I'm the OT of all of them, they have no lucky eggs, and I haven't touched Refresh.
Also, am I doing something wrong here? It's been about three hours and I haven't found any Destiny Knots. Do they have to be a certain level? Every resource I've found says that's not a requirement anymore.

>>30551143
Isn't there one in Resolution Cave?
>>
Have perfectly breed pokemans, should I go go elite four for quick level up or battle specific mons
>>
File: 1480005944820.png (381KB, 675x834px) Image search: [Google]
1480005944820.png
381KB, 675x834px
>>30551108
There's nothing in the story stopping me from SR'ing for good legendaries, right? I know you fight some, but I heard you can just kill them and try later. If I do that, are their natures set from the first encounter, or can I bring a synchronizer?
>>
>>30551207
I only just finished Melemele Island, but I have a Pikachu and I'd like to get a Light Ball early on. I've seen a few Hidden Ability Pichu and Pikachu, and I've been through perhaps 80 Pokémon in this chain at this point, but I'd really just like to get a Light Ball.
>>
>>30551241
S-Sorry, didn't mean to quote you
>>
File: asffff.jpg (48KB, 655x370px) Image search: [Google]
asffff.jpg
48KB, 655x370px
How high do I chain Ditto to get 4 IVs?
>>
>>30551241
Lunala and Solgaleo have really annoyingly long cutscenes after catching them that interferes with that a bit, but everything else is fair game.
>>
>>30551273
1. Get a pokemon that only knows recycle.
2. Get a pokemon that knows switcheroo, give it a Leppa berry (I think that's the PP restoring one).
3. Lead with recycle-only pokemon, let the lead ditto transform into it.
4. Change to switcheroo user, give the transformed ditto the leppa berry.
5. Chain as normal with false swipe/adrenaline orb. The original ditto will never run out of PP.
>>
>>30551400
How HIGH do I chain? I'm doing it right now; I know how.
>>
>>30551273

munchlax holding leppa berry, only knows recycle as lead

switch to false swipe user, use adrenaline orb, false swipe it to 1 health

kill called in ditto 30-40 times then kill the munchlax copy and capture the newest call in

guaranteed 4 ivs
>>
>>30551273
>>30551400
>>30551441

ha, forgot switcheroo part, the ditto needs the leepa berry, durr me
>>
>>30551170
kukui is the masked royal. incineroar is based on wrestling bad guys.
>>
File: 2830188-3987698848-In_ga.png (125KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
2830188-3987698848-In_ga.png
125KB, 350x262px
Does anyone know where I can find a list of pokemon that show up only during the day in sun and moon? With locations too. I'm playing moon and I have no idea where I'd find day time pokemon
>>
So where the fuck do I get up-grade to evolve Porygon to Porygon2? I know it's at battle tree but I've heard you could get it elsewhere.
>>
>>30551468

look up pokemon you're after to see if they're restricted by time or look up locations you're in to see if it has pokemon restricted by time
>>
>>30551484

complete UB missions
>>
>>30551542
I've completed the UB missions but I just don't know where to go now to get the up-grade.
>>
>>30551207
>two balm mushrooms
>ten rare candies
where the FUCK is the knot
>>
>>30551207
Pokemon get boosted EXP when they are at a higher level than their evolution level.
>>
Can male-only pokemon (read:Tauros) pass down Hidden Ability if bred with Ditto? Don't have a HA male in gen 7 to test with yet.
>>
>>30551594
aether house and Faba at aether paradise
>>
There's a guy in a fighting game who has an unleashed version or something who sort of resembles midnight form Lycanroc. There was a thread about it months ago, but I can't remember what game or who it was. Anyone have a clue?
>>
Where are the vending machines?
Ive found two on akala island, one only sells fresh water which only heals 30, and the other sells the fresh water/soda pop for 400/600, which is much more expensive.
>>
File: 1478692496884.jpg (62KB, 532x502px) Image search: [Google]
1478692496884.jpg
62KB, 532x502px
Can you farm for the Thick Club off of Cuebones that get called in for help by just spamming Thief?
>>
>>30551654
I'd assume so. Male's with HAs can be ditto'd as of last gen. Don't think being male exclusive changes that.
>>
File: 1480368366359.png (56KB, 175x144px) Image search: [Google]
1480368366359.png
56KB, 175x144px
>>30551389
Thanks!

Also, I just beat the ghost trial. How far in the game am I? I feel like I'm far, but I've only seen Gumzo and Lusamine once, and everyone is making it seem like they have a lot of build and backstory. But I have 40 hours just from mostly fucking around, so that probably throws me off.
>>
>>30551901
You've still got another Island and a half or so to go.
>>
>>30551901
Lusamine only shows up two or three times in the game
>>
How do I take screenshots in-game if I have CFW?
>>
Does Hidden Power affect anything else aside from the element type and IV values of the pokemon?

Also, just found out that you can high-five pokemon in refresh. What other actions can you do, aside from feeding/dropping beans, petting them, and tapping them repeatedly?
>>
>>30552085
>Does Hidden Power affect anything else aside from the element type and IV values of the pokemon?

If you mean, "Is the typing of Hidden Power governed by anything besides IVs?" then no. If you mean anything else, wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>30551854

yep, use butterfree

>>30551654

males can pass HA with ditto at 20% chance, think female is 60%
>>
>>30552134
Why Butterfree? Also ty
>>
>>30548719
Mega Lucario was OP in X/Y, at least for the main game. You can easily solo E4 with him.
idk about competitive though as I am a mere casual
>>
>>30552161

compoundeyes ability increases chance of held items being there, think 5% goes to 20% or something, also butterfree can learn Thief, so you dont gotta switch or nothing
>>
>>30552246
Oh yeah, fuckin' nice. Thanks again.
>>
>>30543252
diminishing returns to scale
math makes it so you have to have a balance of HP and defenses or either you're too brittle to take a hit despite having high defenses like shuckle or get 2ko'd by everything no matter what like wigglytuff
>>
>>30546419
starmie for toxapex

because toxapex is a broken fucker
>heal in battle
>can heal by switching out of battle
>can protect toxic stall
>can neutralize sweepers
>option of burning or toxing
>great movepool if you want to surprise someone with a niche move (or give it a more specialized niche) like liquidation or venoshock
>great stats
>great defensive typing
>>
whats the best nature for ash-greninja and magearna?
>>
>>30552335

+most important stat
-least important stat
>>
>>30549059
GF has been hinting at dark stuff in all their pokemon games
ex) the entire fucking pokemon tower in gen 1
ex) burned tower in gen 2
ex) mt. pyre in gen 3
ex) emma's story in gen 6

and there are bits of dialogue that suggested the pokemon world wasn't all sunshine and happiness too. the only difference here is that it's more pronounced, the trainers you fight literally admit straight up to you some depressing things rather than hint at them.
>>
HP or defenses investment for Wishiwashi?
>>
>>30552674
HP always
wishiwashi doesn't have reliable recovery outside of rest which means you need to focus on improving your HP to good levels and do as much damage as you can with your monster attacking stats before going down
>>
How do I pet and clean lunala if it doesn't even fit the screen
>>
>>30552694

if you hold the stylus near the top of the touchscreen, it scrolls up
>>
>>30544814
I'm pretty sure the formating is mixed up there. Grubbin only calls Grubbin. You have to encounter Pichu, who can then call for more Pichus, Pikachus, or Happiny.
>>
how do you get your smeargle to sketch baton pass?
i used baton pass on a wild smeargle, but its sketch (used after my turn) failed.
does the baton pass user need to stay in play while sketch happens?
>>
>>30551257
>>30551143
Ugh, finally did it. After
>69 Pichu
>43 Pikachu
>5 Happiny
I got a Light Ball. Then I got up to Pichu 85 and caught #84 because it had its Hidden Ability.

>Pichu - Level: 4, Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Atk), Ability: Lightning Rod
HP - 16
Attack - 9
Defense - 7
Sp. Atk - 7
Sp. Def - 9
Speed - 12
Characteristic: Alert to sounds

Base stats
HP - 20
Attack - 40
Defense 15
Sp. Atk - 35
Sp. Def - 35
Speed - 60

I can't check IVs yet, and this is a pretty big guess at such a low level, but
HP - 10 to 31
Attack - 20 to 31
Defense - 20 to 31
Sp. Atk - 0 to 27
Sp. Def - 30 or 31
Speed - 31

I should probably put EVs into Attack and Speed? Should I keep it as a Pikachu w/Light Ball or evolve it into Alolan Raichu? It's not gonna be a Special Attacker with that nature and that potential IV, so I'm guessing the former. But I'm not gonna have access to egg moves like Volt Tackle or Thunder Punch.
>>
Does the natural sun in the Desert count for Castfrom SOS? I am in dust cloud battle with a Sandile and all it is calling are Sandile's.
>>
>>30553068
You can find a Light Ball on the ground in Resolution Cave...
>>
>>30553305
I'm only Melemele Island, about to move to the next island, and I wanted to have a Light Ball early.
>>
>>30553068
You can actually teach volt tackle in this gen
>>
>>30553410
Wait, I can? Is it just Volt Tackle, or can I do other egg moves?
>>
File: tumblr_ohfr3v0oMj1slg4jbo1_1280.png (578KB, 697x425px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohfr3v0oMj1slg4jbo1_1280.png
578KB, 697x425px
where the fuck did Guzma tell me to meet him in postgame?
>>
>>30553421
Just volt tackle unfortunately, it's a move tutor
>>30553430
Hau'oli City beach
>>
File: 1453844316797.jpg (8KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
1453844316797.jpg
8KB, 294x171px
do the move tutors only teach the move once? I wanna teach Draco Meteor to a couple guys
>>
Legit going on 9 hours straight for this dumb bug bitch
>>
Is there a way to know that I'm EV training correctly? I'm fighting the correct Pokemon but I'm also using exp share to get the other guys out if the way
>>
File: _worried_.png (258KB, 720x384px) Image search: [Google]
_worried_.png
258KB, 720x384px
>Can now scan QR codes to get Pokemon for events
So does this have the potential to make injecting Pokemon easier than ever or no?
>>
File: hawlucha.gif (124KB, 98x72px) Image search: [Google]
hawlucha.gif
124KB, 98x72px
Anyone knows if Unburden activates after using a Z Move? I want to try a Z Hone Claws set with this guy and don't know if it'd work.
>>
Does the Battle Tree allow you to get other Multi partner players via wi-fi?
>>
My rockruff in Moon is Level 34 and hasn't even attempted evolving. I even used a rare candy on it at night in-game and it still had no effect. What am I doing wrong?
>>
how do you get the FP coins faster
>>
>>30554110
It is still holding the Z-crystal, so no
>>
>>30554406
Needs to be night time in moon
>>
which one reduces ev
friendship cafè or friendship parlor
>>
>>30543000
Is HA Snivy available in sumo?
>>
>>30553693
ScireM has already made a patch to tbe game that allows you to inject pokemon from QR code via the scanner

https://github.com/SciresM/SMPatcher/releases

It won't work on an unpatched game, though.
>>
>>30555625
Not yet. Island scan pokemon don't call for help, so no hidden ablities.
>>
Is Rockruff/Lycanroc a physical attacker?
>>
>>30556035
Works best as a physically defensive special attacker
>>
So I was collecting Zygarde shards or whatevers and after I got a core I got a message from 'some person' to go 'somewhere' necause he/she/it has something to tell me

Who was it and where do I go? I completely forgot what was going on
>>
>>30556199
Route 16, in the Aether foundation trailer.
>>
>>30556216

really? cause i havent even finished the second island
>>
Where did the Ledyba bot go? WHy doesn't someone just make another?
>>
>>30556252
Yeah. It's weird how they spaced out the Zygarde quest. You can easily get 10 cells before leaving the 2nd island, but you can't do anything with them until the end of thr 3rd island
>>
If I breed a Minior, will it retain its parent's color, or will it be random?
>>
Is there no memory girl in this game?

Is there no safari or anything similar?
>>
>>30557110
parent's color

>>30557182
old lady in the poke center before the elite 4
>>
File: Pepe sweat.jpg (38KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe sweat.jpg
38KB, 600x568px
Where can I get another Ice Stone?
>>
>>30558391

poke pelago, brilliant stone hunting on isle aphun, get random stones every 12 hours with berries
>>
>>30558391
I have twentysix of the fucking things please put something up for a Vulpix on GTS and I will gladly throw you one.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>30558497
>>
>>30557182
If you're talking about the girl outside Anistar City/Lilycove City, no, there's no NPC that does that in this game.
No safari or similar thing, either.
>>
Does shed shell work multiple times per battle? I'm trying to sos chain dewpiders, but it keeps trapping me with spider web.

Or is there a good ghost type that learns false swipe/skill swap or something?
>>
Best fairy type for the meta?
>>
What's the best mon to use for catching HA pokemons? I'm using Kadabra' with Role Play right now, and it's not exactly fun.

I guess ideally I'd have a mon with Role Play, Odor Sleuth and something like False Swipe.
>>
how do i get more partner trainers for multi battle? all i have is rada at the moment

And how does one use the QR teams feature? or are there no codes for teams yet?
>>
>>30548088
bump
>>
>>30559268
QR teams isn't available yet. iircthey are rolling that out late this month or next month
>>
>>30559268
If you do singles or doubles you get the option to scout a trainer after you beat them, but it costs 10bp to do it.
>>
Can you get the hidden ability from pokemon found from island scan?
>>
Why the fuck isn't there a national pokedex in SM?
>>
>>30560473
No.
>>
>>30559063
why would they take away the memory girl?! that was one of my favorite extras.
>>
What shall I do after the elite four?

Got the first legenday that looks like a chicken head, and some old guy gave me something and ran off, but no idea where I should now go, I see blacked out map zones but unsure how to reach them and I assume other legedaries re about not including the guardians.
>>
Modest or timid for lele?
>>
Just beat the E4 and did the Tapu Koko encounter. He struggled to death. Serebii says I can challenge him again if I beat the E4 again. My last save is right before I fought Kukui, so I can just face him again and go to Tapu Koko. I'm wondering if I actually need to face the E4 for another encounter if I don't reset my game. That is, can I let the rest of the end cutscenes play out so I can go straight to Tapu Koko without facing the E4, or should I go ahead and reset my system since I'll need to refight Kukui for another shot at Tapu Koko either way?
>>
File: 1480206148817.png (509KB, 800x689px) Image search: [Google]
1480206148817.png
509KB, 800x689px
Is pokemon bank gonna let you import SM pokedex data? I can't be fucked keeping a living dex
>>
Timid Tail Glow Xurkitree or Modest choice scarf?
>>
>>30562413
Modest Scarf, Tail Glow Xurkitree is just a meme
>>
Where can I find any Synchronize Pokemon?
Or if trading them is the best option, how far into the game is the daycare?
I just started and still trying to push through 30 seconds between cutscene bullshit.
>>
File: 1480635022142.png (645KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480635022142.png
645KB, 1200x800px
Can Pokemon found via QR have Hidden Abilities?
>>
What's a good fourth move for Mimikyu?
It has Play Rough, Shadow Sneak and Swords Dance so far.
>>
>>30562509
You find Abra in Hau'oli City. Daycare is on the 2nd island

>>30562948
No
>>
>>30562948
When totem Lurantis sneaks up behind you it looks fantastic. We really need a pokemon game with full overworld pokemon models.
>>
>>30543000
>Random Jho
>Long leged Oshawott
>Dawn and cilan
>N in a dress

And people call US LOLSORANDUMB? Japan overtakes it by a mile
>>
>>30561918
You don't need to rebattle the elite 4 to face him post-game. Just go there and touch the statue.
>>
>>30563218
That's what we're gonna get in the D/P remakes
>>
Does the exp share share evs?
>>
just caught a Adamant Solgaleo after 2 days of SR, but I don't know if I should keep it or SR again.
>(24/22/31/19/31/31)

What should I do?
>>
As someone completely new to Breeding, how do I max IVs on a Pokemon? I've bred several generations of Wimpod with a 6 IV Ditto with a Destiny Knot. I'm at the point where every baby I have usually has 5 IVs at Best and one not at Best. Is there anything I do here or is it entirely random? Also trying to get Adamant Nature, is that entirely random in the offspring or is there anything I can do to force it? I must've hatched 200 eggs by now.
>>
>>30564279
destiny knot ensures 5 IVs from both parents combined total of 12 are passed down
the 6th is random so its a 1/31 chance it will be max
generally the 6th iv isnt worth worrying about because its usually left on a burn stat

for nature you can give whichever parent with the nature you want an everstone, that gives it a 50% chance of it being passed down

been a while since ive done any breeding so if i got any of that wrong lemme know
>>
>>30564195
Keep it and just use bottle caps for everything except sp.attack
>>
>>30564366
Everstone is now a 100% chance of passing on nature.
>>
>>30564452
oh shit
is that a gen 7 thing or a gen 6 thing i didnt know about?
either way dope as fuck
>>
File: 1476813158107.png (207KB, 932x901px) Image search: [Google]
1476813158107.png
207KB, 932x901px
>>30564380
thanks for the advice. Gonna save it & resume bottlecap farming.
>>
File: 1470330968434.png (299KB, 587x655px) Image search: [Google]
1470330968434.png
299KB, 587x655px
>>30563305
If I could catch and use a Deviljho I would.

I might also put N in a dress if I could.
>>
>>30564475
Gen 5.
>>
I just started the game. Who the fuck thought that having your "rival" choose a pokemon weak to yours is a good idea?
>>
>>30561534
Anyone at all?
>>30561534
>>30561534
>>30561534
>>
>>30564613
Go to the east side of Poni island.

Check your key items for a epilogue quest.
>>
Where is the Outrage move tutor?
>>
Have they ever given a reason why we can't nickname traded porkymen? I'm kind of annoyed I can't continue my naming theme on my 5iv, timid, shiny Gengar.
>>
>>30564848
some bs about the pokemon being so attached to its old trainer i think is the in-game reason
>>
>>30564848
Because it would be a dick move to rename someones bro
>>
>>30543000
What on god's green dick is happening on that image?
>>
>>30564868
You don't trade your bros anon
>>
>>30564866
>>30564868
It's an event pokemon I got back in October 2014 whose OT is OCT2014. I didn't know pokemon got that attached to months.
>>
if I don't care about massive streaks in the Battle Tree and just want to get decent amounts of BP at a time, what's a good and easy to build team to help me out? I have all Tapus and all Sun UBs already so I can't soft reset for specific natures anymore.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161206-201735.jpg (281KB, 1794x525px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161206-201735.jpg
281KB, 1794x525px
What team could I build using some of these? The only one I want to use 100% is Bewear and Dhelmise. Preferably all gen 7 team.
>>
>>30564765
Bump
>>
anyone have a haina desert guide?
>>
>>30564888
What if you want to start a new game but want someone to carry on the torch? What if you fucking DIED
>>
>>30564899
ive been running it with nihiligo, buzzwole, xurkitree, and kartana
swapping between buzzwole and kartana
fairly decent type coverage overall

also aim for massive streaks if you want fast BP, at a certain point they start giving you 2 BP per win
>>
>>30564848
That nickname is the representation of the bond of that pokemon with the original trainer! He put his heart and soul into that nickname! It's perfect!
>>
>>30564888
Just realized I won't be able to rename my legit shinies from gen VI anymore. Kinda sad about it.
>>
>>30564965
rename them before you transfer them?
>>
>>30564958
>mfw got a Ditto called -SD+A
>heart and soul into that nickname
>>
>>30564929
a quick google search tells me there isnt one
>>
>>30564955
Did you change them at all? That sounds pretty good.

>>30564993
It's a situational thing, I don't usually rename them, but I like the feeling of being able to at anytime should I feel like it, y'know. It's an unreasonable feeling.
>>
>>30565021
just TMs, working my way to getting the power items so i can EV train em too

also this is assuming they dont earn EVs in the battle tree, which since they dont get exp im gonna assume no EVs are earned either
>>
>>30563668

Yes
>>
How can I get the Reverent battle style pose in Sun? It says to beat Kiawe in Paniola Town but he's not there. I will also note I'm in post game already.
>>
>>30565797
go to his house, his dad will greet you there and start the chain of events
>>
>>30565064
What TMs? I haven't done competitive before so I don't usually think much about movesets.
>>
>>30565884
Ok thank you, I appreciate it
>>
>>30565947
buzzwole - hammer arm, leech life, EQ, poison jab
xurkitree- thunderbolt, volt switch, dazzling gleam, electric terrian
kartana-leaf blade, smart strike, x-scizzor, aerial ace
nihilego- sludge wave, power gem, psychic, dazzling gleam

in my defense i dont remember what is and isnt a tm anymore, and xurkitree's moveset is fairly terrible but im lazy and it seems to work for me for now
>>
>>30566082
will give that a try, more or less
thanks
>>
>>30564525

>put Jho on poke pelago
>RIP beans
>>
What was the point of the pokecamera? There are like 3 spots to take pictures in the whole game
>>
>>30567045
there's more than that but they're really easy to miss
also yeah, I don't think there's any bonus to using it, or any reason to increase your likes, unless it becomes a global mission in the future
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.