[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hidden Power Fire or Ground?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

Hidden Power Fire or Ground?
>>
>>30540992
Depends.

How vulnerable is your team to Scizor, Ferrothorn, and other Grass-types? If it's a lot and you already have satisfactory damage-dealing moves for dealing with Electric- and Poison-types, run Fire.

If you're not worried too much about the above Pokemon, then run Ground.
>>
Fighting :^)
>>
>>30541314
I'm assuming Ground for opposing steel types and especially Heatran?
>>
>>30540992
It took me hours upon hours of resets to get HP fire, you will see dark like a million times, steel, psychic and water. Occasionally bug, grass, electric, rock and ground. But FIRE? That shit is like finding a shiny almost. I never once saw fighting, not that you need that.
>>
>>30541654
Fighting is actually impossible from gift pokémon with 3 perfect IV's and is explicitly banned in that way from VGC
>>
>>30541685
I was starting to wonder if that was the case for Fire, this is the first time Ive reset for an event to get HP fire but I figured I like this pokemon enough to do it.
>>
>>30541685
>3 perfect IVs
Mine has 2 hahahahahaha kill me please
At least HP Grass can kill Ground
>>
>>30541735
No, it has 3. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>30541735
>Mine has 2
That's impossible
>>
I just got Hp ground after a few tries, but I wanted Hp fire, should I keep it or wondertrade the shit?
>>
>>30540992
it should basically never use hidden power given its coverage options
>>
>>30541746
>>30541685
>>30541748
Out of curiosity, are the 3 IVs that get locked at 31 actually related to the PID? Or have PIDs for gift pokemon not actually matched IVs for a while now?
>>
>>30540992
Does it even need HP to be viable? I only SR'd for a Timid nature.
>>
>>30540992
Fire, Ferro still exists
>>
>>30541915
No, just an extra coverage option to kill either Ground or Fire. It gets Focus Blast or Aura Sphere IIRC.
>>
>>30541915
not really, its shitty even on a choice set
>>
>Got 4Ivs on mine, just missing HP to be perfect
>Got HP Dark

And I don't give a shit, because HP sucks and I'll just Volt Switch out of whatever I need to Volt Switch out of.
>>
>>30541915
Timid? You went for timid.
You can clearly see its bulk and high spatk...
>>
>>30542029
>got 4ivs and 2 missing stats were high
>reset because not hp fire
I have made a grave mistake
>>
File: no fire.jpg (2MB, 1995x1203px) Image search: [Google]
no fire.jpg
2MB, 1995x1203px
Is this good enough? It's hp dark...
>>
>>30542224
If Modest or Timid, okay
If not, reset
Golden Bottle Caps are our only salvation
>>
>>30542258
Its modest, I'd just need one cap for the defense.
Fuck resetting for hp fire then, I'll keep this one.
>>
>>30542258
>Gold Bottle Caps on special attackers
>>
>>30542292
did you use an abra? I know it takes some time to get fire but talking >>30542258
about resetting for natures should in this circumstance be a thing of the past.
>>
>>30542395
>not having perfect IVs all around
>caring about Play Rough or Foul Play on a bulky mon that resists both
Pay attention to life fuckwad
>>
>>30542063
Timid happens to work for the Gear Shift set I'm building for it. It's not bad. I got it to work on a few Showdown runs. If it turns out to be bad I can just run another version of it on my Showdown team where I do most of my competitive battling.
>>
>>30542730
Why would use a golden bottle cap, when you could just regular caps since 3IVs are already confirmed. Seems like a waste of a golden cap.

Golden caps should be used on shinies that have little to no perfects.
>>
>>30542830
They're about the same difficulty to get.
>>
>>30542859
A chain of 30 at the battle tree is a guaranteed bottle cap. As is buying from a 2* treasure hunt for the first time.

There's ways to get them without relying on rng.
>>
>>30541725
31/even/31/even/31/even

or

31/31/even/even/31/even

net you HP Fire
>>
>>30542916
By that logic, Bottle Caps are the only logical usable items and Golden Bottle Caps are like Apricorn Balls.
>>
>>30542972
>Bottle Caps are the logical usable items
>Golden Bottle Caps are for special autismal purposes like competitive shinies

Yeah sure, exactly.
>>
>>30542830
Yeah, I plan to use my golden bottle caps (if I ever find enough) on my in-game team. That perfect attack on special attackers suck tho.
>>
>>30542830
You can get them all the time if you work on festival plaza. Even then, its not hard to get someone to send a mon with one attached in an ekx. Unless you're yunno, youre too neurotic and pedantic about legitimacy and dont want to take an item that solely flags IVs as max with no trace of a hack.
>>
>>30543217
Well, if you're gonna be importing them from ekx, why not just make the perfect mon anyway?
>>
Doimg a giveaway later, what nature, EVs, and IVs should I give this thing?
>>
>>30543342
Modest

Mild or Timid are also fine but Modest is ideal
>>
File: ??.jpg (40KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
??.jpg
40KB, 640x423px
>>30543390
>Modest is ideal
>>
Which nature is best for a Shift Gear set?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.