[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokemon that disappointed you on your first SM run I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1479844948084.png (594KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1479844948084.png
594KB, 500x706px
ITT: Pokemon that disappointed you on your first SM run

I was playing Sun mostly blind and was super hyped for Wishiwashi. Sadly he started lagging behind pretty bad by Poni Island in terms of usefulness, and was zero help against the E4. Still a neat pokemon but I can't imagine I'll use it ever again.

Pretty bummed, to be honest. What were your letdowns in terms of team members?
>>
Alolan Raichu. Immensely frail, and not very powerful without a hard-to-secure Nasty Plot.
>>
Easily Fomantis/Lurantis

Still occasionally use it as my false swiper
>>
Tony the Tiger, I couldn't faceroll him through the Elite 4 like I could with Primarina
>>
>>30539924
I'd say Wishiwashi as well.
I think the main thing is how its health doesn't increase in school form. I understand it's for balance reasons, a huge health stat with those crazy defenses would be ridiculous, but it still feels bad to use it. I think being slow as fuck is perfectly fine, though.

It's even weirder, since Complete Zygarde has kinda the same gimmick. On a conceptual level, Complete Zygarde and Wishiwashi are BOTH large amounts of weak individuals merging into a larger being, and Zygarde shows that Gamefreak is perfectly capable of implementing a base health increase into a form change.

Granted, Zygarde is a legendary, Wishiwashi is not, so I guess I just gotta deal with it. Still love the little fish from a design perspective, at least.
>>
>>30539924
>>30539955
These two were actually two of my best mons. Wishi just refuses to die, and Alolan Raichu either mindrapes or electrocutes things to shit.
>>
long wait to obtain Porygon
>>
>>30541004
This, I had to drop my fomantis for a togedemaru
>>
>>30539924
Bruxish and Mudsdale kinda fell behind the rest of my team at higher levels
Decidueye hits hard but he's pretty fragile
>>
>>30539924
>oh man, Wimpod is blazingly fast compared to everyone else
>I love these Scald/Wimp Out shenanigans I'm pulling. I wonder what wacky stuff its evolution can do?
>oh, it can't do shit unless I have priority
>>
>>30539924
Kommo-o was shit, spent around 30 minutes looking for its preevolution, raised it, didn´t use it anyway.
>>
>>30545150
It's okay if you heart scale it its good moves.
>>
>>30545235
It´s not a bad pokemon per se, but it was terrible ingame since it appears rather late.
>>
>>30542924
The cells actually become one Pokemon though, an increase in HP is understandable. Your single Wishiwashi doesn't change. It's friends join in to provide more power for attack and more cushion for defense, but they can't provide it more health.
>>
>>30539924
I kept mine all the way to Champion, although yeah he wasn't anywhere near MVP. He did score some kills thanks to Ice Beam and Scald/Brine combo, but mainly he ended up being chum while I frantically revived pokemon that were more badly needed.
>>
>>30541004
Formantis not evolving until 34 was ridiculous. It was essentially a baby mon.
>>
>>30539924
Mimkyu. It wasn't bad per say, but not the gamebreaker people told me it could be. I mostly used it as utility to take Z-Moves and as a pivot.
>>
File: a-sandslash.png (177KB, 500x500px)
a-sandslash.png
177KB, 500x500px
He's doing better now but only because he's over level 70. Christ it kept getting ohko'd so many fucking times I almost dropped it, but since it was my last one to join the party and I didn't want to grind a different one I kept it. Still love its design
>>
Lilligant. Its shit type coverage makes it not fun to use even though I love Lilligant's design.
>>
Golisopod

The guy just felt weak compared to the rest, hell i replaced it with an aquaranid and it did wonders for my team.

I was really hyped for goli but it's stupid ability (even tho a good strategy exists for it) was a complete turn off for me.
>>
lurantis, assumed it would be faster/have chlorophyll

vikavolt, what a retarded evolution requirement
it also looked way cooler in my head than it actually does in game

marowak, took ages to find a thick club and even then it had no fucking moves until i got to the move relearner... conveniently located at the end of the game

raichu, i figured it would have levitate also regular raichu is one of my favorites and so >>>>> better than alolan form

i can't remember what else was on my team
primarina was alright i guess
>>
Decidueye was kind of a disappointment with all the dark type moves strewn about so I ended up restarting with Litten and so far he's alright but I may replace him with A-Marowak
>>
Salazzle. I gave mine Nasty Plot but I can't ever use it because it goes down in one hit.
>>
>>30539924
Me, literally. Fucking GOAT when i first got it to school. Completely BTFO'd Salazzle in two seconds. After a while i realized it had had exactly the same two moves ALL game however, and it just didn't cut it anymore
>>
>>30539955
Same for me except it was Salazzle in my case. I learned in post game that it had had a defense hindering nature and "No Good" in those IVs however. So maybe it was just that.
>>
>>30546229
I never had an issue with mine. Did you have one with a nature that hindered speed? Salazzle swept Lusamime with toxic/venoshock and Fire Z move. One of my MVP for sure.

For me it was Bruxish. I wanted both a psychic and water type to round out my team but, damn, it couldn't keep up with the rest of my team.
>>
>>30541004
This. Swept Wishiwashi, but despite being overleveld for the rest of the game it ended up jobbing like a workaholic nip. Only notable thing i ever got it to do again was Bloom Doom Lusamine's Milotic and barely remove Olivia's Golem so that my water mon could sweep her.
>>
>>30539924
Salazzle, i want to say by the time i got to Po Town she was getting KOd as much as KOing. If she didn't one shot something she'd get one shot on that something's turn
>>
>>30541530
I kept mine as a Torracat and did good
>>
>>30539955
Raichu was my ace in the hole, but it was 100% from Nasty Plot. Caught it real early and made sure I learned it, and it OHKO Hala in the E4, and except for Skarmony just OHKO Kahili as well. Not sure how well she would have performed with Nasty Plot though, especially with a shit nature and what I later discovered to be a shit Sp A IV.

Nothing really disappointed me though. A-Raichu, A-Ninetales, Toxapex, Kommo-o, Golisopod, and Tsareena got me through everything just fine. In fact this is probably the team I've been happiest with in any Pokemon run. My next run through I'm going to mix it up with other new mons, see what happens.
>>
>>30545055
Faggot. Limeluidae was my MVP
>>
>>30539924
My Wishiwashi apparently had the worst stats. I couldn't figure out how to trigger schooling with it (found out later it has to have so many hitpoints) and it was being one shot by the fire types in the next zone, making leveling it impossible. Boxed it and got Mudbray instead, no regrets.

Still, I'd like to play again and maybe take another crack at using it, rockruff, and cutiefly.
>>
>>30545150
I got a level 1 Jangmo-o early on Melemele from WT and had to box him soon after arriving on Akala because even thought I grinned him to be the highest level mon on my team, he was still trash.
>>
>>30546128
Levitate should of been A-Raichu's Normal ability and Surge-Surfer should of been the HA.
>>
>>30546686
Interesting, but sad to hear. I had hoped to make Kommo my MVP beast that i would unleash at the end of the game in a future playthrough, much like bagon in emerald back in the day
>>
I was pretty goddamn dissapointed with Type:Null/Silvally. Easily the coolest concept this gen, just shit execution. Post-Game for Level 40 Null, and then you have to max out the friendship?
Fuck that shit. Plus Silvally can't even use Z-Moves.
>>
>>30546645
>no starter
>team i've been happiest with
Off
>>
Drampa was the last add to my team, but it was just disappointing. Even with its high SpAtk, it couldn't get the job done. Maybe because its STAB only hits dragons super-effective, and other dragons just outspeed it and kill it first.
>>
Decidueye

ended up being total deadweight throughout the game in terms of power troughs and combat capabilities, I really should have known better.
>>
>>30546847
>Used Garchomp in Platinum
>Used Dragonite in Yellow
>Used Flygon in Emerald even if he wasn't the psuedo
>Used an Agron in HG even if he wasn't a pseudo either
>Thought Kommo-o would be my newest hard hitter
>Dissapointment in every way
Hated the stats,movepool,and typing. If it wasn't so slow I might have forgiven it but it was just such a disappointment.
I was hoping for a Dragon/Steel so badly
>>
Wishiwashi was perfectly fine for me because it filled a niche. I was on Set, pretty significantly underleveled the whole game, and refused to use healing items. It wasn't great for typical trainer battles, but when things were getting dangerous and I needed that one enemy dead I'd bring in the fish. It needs so little experience compared to everything else that I'm convinced this was Wishiwashi's intended in-game purpose.

My personal disappointment was Lycanroc Midnight. Just barely too weak to one-shot things, too frail to be called a tank, just barely too slow to revenge kill anything fast, and missed his Rock Slides whenever accuracy mattered most. I always had a better answer. Pure Rock is such a shit typing.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.