[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Sun and Moon LORE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 29

File: LORE.png (746KB, 837x510px) Image search: [Google]
LORE.png
746KB, 837x510px
ITT: we post LORE and unsolved mysteries from Sun and Moon.
>>
What was up with that one room in Po Town Mansion that was untouched?
>>
The golf field was suppsed to be Kahili's trila (bringing the trials to 8 like the gyms) but went unused.

It's present and fully textured.

GF, WHY
>>
>>30528635
it's Plumeria's room
>>
Where did the Stufful go? I forgot which route it was on but it was in a motel, waiting for its trainer, who had abandoned him. After beating the E4 it's gone.
>>
>>30528635
My best guess is that Plumeria used that room
>>
File: Handsome.jpg (88KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Handsome.jpg
88KB, 1920x1080px
Did Handsome in ORAS came back from the Ultra Beast dimension and that's why he doesn't remember anything?
>>
Is Nanu actually Acerola's uncle or is it just a Hawaiian thing?
>>
>>30528791
hawaii thing, acerola is dead.

think about it.

maile city library talks about long dead royalty
acerola loves ghost pokemon
acerola says in the elite 4 she's bringing a "old royal touch"
>>
>>30528816
Nanu sure is nonchalant about knowing a ghost
>>
The entire story of sun/moon is a greek tragedy.

Requesting the screencaps of the anon who explains it better than me.

>Lusamine is a mix of phaedra and medea (in some versions she murders her 3 sons, aka null)
>Sophocles pioneered the third person in greek tragedy (it's lillie's story and the player is the third person)

and countless other things, anyone got a screencap from the thread of the guy explaining it?
>>
>>30528889
Nanu doesn't seem to care much about anything, really.
>>
>>30528907
The only tragedy is not being able to sex best girl Acerola
>>
Is Nanu related to AZ? Their faces are identical
>>
>>30529020

could be. the old european royal families were pretty closely related. the kalos and alolan royalty could've been similar.
>>
File: 1473993251381.png (195KB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
1473993251381.png
195KB, 640x528px
>>30528816
>Acerola is a fucking ghost
H-holy shit
It actually makes sense
>>
>>30528889
He's seen crazier shit.
>>
>>30528816
Ghosts don't walk around freely, especially during the day out in the open. Besides, it goes against all of the established ghost etiquette and standards this series has had.
>>
>>30528816
Also, she's the only one of the trial captains who doesn't have a house that you can visit
>>
>>30529165
>yfw the reason Acerola is friends with Nanu is because she's dead and he's dead inside
>>
>>30529227
You can, it's the Aether House near the Ghost Trial. Acerola isn't dead, her parents are, she's an orphan.
>>
>>30528816
Nah
>>
>>30528816
So that's why she said the books in the library were her dad's...
>>
File: 1413417548147.jpg (156KB, 662x807px) Image search: [Google]
1413417548147.jpg
156KB, 662x807px
>>30529260
>Acerola isn't dead, her parents are, she's an orphan.
Well now I'm sad
>>
>>30529281
Yeah, because her dad owned them, not because she's a ghost.
>>
>>30528681
>Looker lands on a Hoenn shore not remembering anyhing.
>Anabel, who is from Hoenn, lands on a(n Alolan?) shore, not remembering anything.
>This happened after ORAS and the Battle Frontier has been built.

I don't know where I'm going with this.
>>
>>30528661
Route 13 Motel. That room is used during the looker quest. Stuffel are canonically popular with single women so I choose to believe Anabel adopted it.
>>
>>30529413
>implying Anabel is single
>>
>>30529428
>implying Anabel isn't so depressed by being flung into an alternate dimension and being used as UB bait that she became a workaholic that has no time to date
>>
You know some refreshing lore about the games as a whole would be nice. Alola was just wrapped up in itself only hinting that other regions exist. I hope GF actually plays upon the "it all comes together" pandering they did at some point. Lore isn't really GFs strong point...
>>
>>30529475
Wat? Explain anon
>>
>Hau's dad
Where is he? There. Now discuss, anons. Sequel hook, maybe?
>>
>>30528619
Wait, what is the lore thus far? Oras was cool and what did Alola bring to the table lore wise? Can an anon explain to me?
>>
>>30529514
>it all comes together
Just a marketing ploy.. FU GF
>>
>>30529543
What is there to explain? Anabel is from the RSE universe, she went through the Ultra Wormhole and as a result makes Ultra Beasts go crazy when they're next to her.
>>
>>30529216
Have you played the demo?
>>
>>30528648
>It's present and fully textured.
It is?
Fuck you GF
>>
>>30529291
It makes sense, more than her being a fucking Ghost, at least.

>Her parents are only ever mentioned, not shown. Every other Trial Captain has their immediate family appear besides Soph, who's cousin appears instead.
>In Hawaii, Uncle is a common phrase used to describe an older man, not necessarily a family member
>Why would a child, especially one as fun loving as Acerola be in a library? Because her father owned the books that are there, which she reads in an attempt to learn more about her heritage and feel a connection to him.
>She also specifally mentions that SHE had them moved to the library in order to keep them out of the way of Pokemon, meaning she cares about their well being greatly since they were her Father's
>She constantly makes references to her Royal bloodline, the only thing she has left as it's sole remaining survivor, she needs to carry on the legacy.
>She also puts a great deal of faith into Authority figures in general. Telling Lillie she can realy on an Officer to help her find her way through Tapu Village.
>She also assumes that Nanu is keeping an eye on Team Skull since he's such a great Police Officer.
>She's surprised too when the PC takes care of Pokemon themselves instead of having Aether, a charity force, take care of them instead.
>Judging from the Aether House near Tapu village, the children are without parents, relying instead on Hau and Acerola to comfort them as you take back one of their Yungoos.
>She's the only Trial Captain without a House you can visit, because she doesn't have one as an orphan.

If you're gonna believe a dumb headcanon about Acerola, believe this instead of her being a fucking Ghost.
>>
>>30528648
>>30529660
DLC ;^)
>>
>>30529663
She does seem rather close to Nanu though, I mean hell she even visits him and want him to visit Aether House.
>>
>>30529514
>only hinting that other regions exist
Right, that's why the game says you came from Kanto, and shoves characters from other regions in your face all the time?
>>
>>30529558
Hau said his dad was a strong trainer in Kanto. Hala is a tan squinty eyed fighting type E4 member. Bruno is a tan squinty eyed fighting type master in Kanto.

Hala -> Bruno -> Hau
>>
>>30529593
>>30529660
Typical GF fans... kek
>>
>>30529792
o fuck
>>
>>30529760
She's clingy to older people because her parents were that age when they died.
>>
>>30529792
>Hau said his dad was a strong trainer in Kanto
That's not what he said
>>
>Hawaiian Princess with light skin
Do I even have to say it?
>>
>>30529784
Lillie went to Kanto. We cant. They talk alot about other regions/characters from other regions. Just because from Kanto doesnt mean crap
>>
File: Acerola is sad.png (262KB, 772x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Acerola is sad.png
262KB, 772x1584px
>>30529760
She feels attached to him as an authority figure, and if the speculation of him having Royal blood in him his true, he's her only family she has left.
Hell, it would even add another layer of why Nanu is so jaded, his sibling died years ago and now he has watch over his niece.
>>
>>30529609
Confirmed she is from the RSE universe?
>>
Anyone ever notice how young all the trial captains are? Why do you think that is, considering most games previously had at least one older gym leader?
>>
>>30529936
Trial challenge is run by kids for kids
>>
>>30529936
Doesn't Mallow mention they have to retire once they hit 20?
>>
>>30529848
That's not hinting that other regions exist, that's more mention of them than most earlier games had. Just because you can't go to another region doesn't mean that the game isn't aware that other regions exist.
>>
>>30529663
>Why would a child, especially one as fun loving as Acerola be in a library?
Maybe she likes books? I know this might come as a surprise to you Americans, but some children actually enjoy reading.
>>
ITT: No one knows current lore.
>>
>>30528816
DUDE
That's why Nanu refers to her as a noise
Not because he's a dick, but because she's not corporeal
>>
>>30530080
Who said I was an American? Anyway, do we actually see her read any books in the game? Does she say that she likes books? Does she seem to care about written works beyond her Father's books at all through out our time seeing her?
>>
>>30530131
Jesus Christ you're like the Bulbapedos who insist that Charizard isn't confirmed male because we don't see him getting hit with Attract
>>
>>30529841
that's exactly what he said
>>
>>30528648
> Go in S/M Blind
> See obvious Golf Course on the map
> Get excited
> Nothing entire game long
> Suddenly, Golfer E4 chick

I still like the game, but that was so obviously cut out.
>>
>>30529872
She uses the old RSE battle frontier theme instead of the updated one from ORAS.
>>
>>30529612
No, what happens in the demo with ghosts?
>>
>>30528816
>they made a ghost and Elite 4 member

nah
>>
>>30530246
Well I hope they go into detail somehow... thats cool and id live to see what the story is. Maybe with generations they will? Because GF isnt doing a good job explaining lore
>>
>>30530168
Wat. Charizard is a species that is both male and female. Are you talking about the anime or something?
>>
>>30530331
They let a Hoenn E4 member bring a ghost kid into her chamber.
>>
>>30529849
Well he must be doing a good job considering how cheery Acerola is.
>>
>>30530246
Colress, Grimsley and Cynthia also use old themes
It's just GF being lazy
>>
>>30530371
Ash's Charizard, you dumbass.
>>
>>30530371
Yeah the anime fags who are loyal to that garbage
>>
>>30530406
None of them have remixed themes from remakes
Anabel could easily have used the ORAS Chateleine theme which is a Frontier Brain remix, but she doesn't
>>
>>30529291
>>30529663
She has Nanu, she'll be fine
>>
>>30530399
He probably visits her whenever he can. She's just happy to see her Uncle Nanu even despite knowing what a sadsack he is.
>>
>>30530460
How will the poor thing handle his death when it happens?
>>
>>30530495
See here >>30529849
>>
>reading thread
See >>30529514
>>30529571
>>30530117
>>30530131
>realize no one knows when trying to type up something to help these confused anons
>>
>Lusamine's mansion after E4
>>
>>30530541
what's different about it than during the UB plot?
>>
>>30530512
Shit, fucking that anon, why did he ask.
>>
Why has nobody pointed out the odd oranguru in the aether house that acerola stays in, and the house itself for that matter.

There is like no explanation or acknowledgement as to why its there, its just there. It also randomly reacts in ONE SCENE with gladion were it faces towards you.
>>
>>30530588
Yeah, I wonder what is the case with that Oranguru too.
>>
>>30530588
Do you really think Aether would send people to look after ophans? Naw they just train an ape to do it.
>>
>>30530528
Idk how to sum it up after oras mate. SuMo is a cluster fuck of UB, Lillie, and pandering so idek what the lore is
>>
File: 1479821632244.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479821632244.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Sure is a lot of focus on Nanu and Acerola here
>>
>>30530616
KEK.
>>
>>30529663
>Every other Trial Captain has their immediate family appear
Mina?
>>
Are all cameos fallers? Looker was played up to be one in ORAS, presumably some time later, Anabel showed up as one as well. I wouldn't be surprised if red and blue were mega universe's red and blue. But Colress struck me as using his suit to cover some pretty intense scarring / radiation burns, and it could just be mega universe's grimsby is older and decided to dress comfy, but I took it as him experiencing trauma.

And now for pure headcanon, how likely is it UBs are from RSE universe? Considering how artificial and min-maxed UBs are, I wouldn't be surprised of each was man-made. And, while in mega universe, scientists have been making nasty devices to draw on pokemon's power, and protagonists have used friendly devices to draw power from a pokemon's bond, in RSE pokemon have been CREATED to have more power. Like being able to Mega evolve and z-move have caused scientists to want to abuse what was available more, while in RSE stronger and stronger artificial mons were made until UBs were developed. Or is it blatantly canon and I'm mistaking connecting dots for headcanon?
>>
>>30530913
Seafolk Village, the one with a snubbull and the obvious canvas.
>>
>>30530913
You can meet her parents in their boat.
>>
>>30530996
Only Anabel is confirmed and Looker is only an assumption from the way he was introduced in ORAS. None of the others have any indication of being Fallers.

UBs are from Ultra Space. Play the fucking game.
>>
>>30530913
Whiscash boat, that's their house.
>>
>>30529593
Not true. Every game had at least one cameo.
>>
>>30531094
oh, I'd assumed to say "Ultra Space" is to say "Aether" in MtG, just a space between universes which could be accessed by UBs after tearing RSE universe to shreds. UB01 making a nest out of an irradiated Nugget bridge would've been would've been cool.
>>
>>30531135
Cameo of what?
>>
>>30530117
The only truth in the thread. Kek. Pandering, assumptions, opinions have taken over
>>
Why does no one love Olivia?
>>
>>30531340
Everyone does but she's too dense to notice.
>>
>>30529475
>implying Anabel isn't dating Looker
>>
>>30530080
I'm American and I loved reading as a child
At least as much as the kids in whatever shit country you're smugposting from
>>
>>30528619
I'm the only one who finds really creepy how your character is always smiling regardless of the situation.

The world is tearing apart and that fucker is there with dead eyes and a huge smile.
>>
>>30528648
There's no evidence at all that it was supposed to be a trial site. Being tied to Kahili somehow is a reasonable guess, but to think it would be a trial is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>30531094

I assumed that Ultra Space is what happened to RSE Universe that was mentioned after shit went wrong.

Originally I had hoped it was more 'UB's are PEOPLE!' but now it is more like "Is Deoxys a UB? Could it be the cause of UB's in RSE since there was no Mega Rayquaza or shit to stop it in space?"

I mean, I know Space Alien... But all we know is a Meteor that was coming towards earth with its protean cells inside... What stops it from being an Ultra Beast?
>>
>>30529660
It isn't, he's lying. If you use cheats to access the golf course you'll just find a void after the first mound.

But retards are adamant on spreading this "Kahili was supposed to be a trial captain but they ran out of time" meme despite it not making any sense since she's over 20 and the 7 captains thing reflects the 7 generations = 7 colors of the rainbow theme Alola has. There was never supposed to be 8 captains.
>>
Why was that one Pelipper such a jerk?
>>
>>30531781
Nah dude, RSE takes place in the same universe as FRLG, so Deoxys has already crashlanded on Earth waaay before you start your journey.
>>
>>30530168
I remember it took them over a year to finally agree Hawlucha was male, even though they refer to him with Japanese male pronouns, which is super, super rare for a Pokemon.
>>
>>30531885

Day 0 of the Infection
>>
>>30530246
as far we knows, she could being tricked by hoopa because reasons, remember that entei/raikou/suikune use their old battle theme in ORAS and have remixed ones (HGSS ones)
>>
File: Alola Alchemy.png (3MB, 1800x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Alchemy.png
3MB, 1800x1176px
I know this is a meme, but hear me out:

In the Azoth Triangle (pictured) the message around the circle reads "Visita Interiora Terræ Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem," essentially meaning "Visit the interior of the earth and [by] purifying [yourself] you will find the hidden stone".

Guess who was found underground at Ten Carat Hill, a known site of an underwater volcano?

Necrozma.

Also:
>It's jpg's name on the website lists it officially as the third legendary
>It's got a 600 BST, same as Zygarde in Terminus Cave
>In it's cry, it has the same droning sound present in all other Ultra Beasts' cries, including Solgaleo's and Lunala's
>It's based on a prism and by extension the refraction of light, tying in to Solgaleo's generation and Lunala's reflection of light
>Prisms are known to split white light into a spectrum of colors
>Pokemon Niji [Rainbow] was registered as a trademark a while back

If Pokemon Stars is going to be a thing, then Necrozma will be the Box Legendary, no question.

Also, ignore the starters. they just seemed shoehorned in there.
>>
Why did they even mention that the anther paradise sends out a signal to disable the use of pokeballs when everyone uses their teams just fine
>>
>>30532267
to explain why the game doesn't let you throw a ball at the ultra beast you fight
>>
>>30532267
I think it was referring to unused pokeballs/pokeballs without anything in them, so that nobody would be able to show up and catch the Pokemon that Aether was "protecting."
Not sure how the jamming signal differentiates between used and unused balls, but pretty sure that's what they were going for.
>>
>>30532222
checked
>>
>>30528619
All the golf courses in Alola were bombed by the PokeJihad.
That's why there are so many golfers in Alola and that one Elite 4 member not playing golf.
>>
>>30528681
I believe that was the implication yes
>>
>>30532296
Why is Lusamine able to use a beastball on Nihilego later in the story then? Is the signal shut off? Is the signal not designed to affect beastballs, even though it would still prevent you from using one if you'd had one traded to you before the battle with Nihilego? Or is the signal just not present in Lusamine's private chamber?
>>
Did anyone notice the thing in the background runs off when you finish talking to acerola after the trial? It was behind some bushes and you barely see it.

I ran off and said fuck this. Another weird thing that threw me off is that the trial music sounds like it's being cut out and I legitimately thought my ds was acting up.
>>
>>30532222
The cube at the bottom of the picture is also a chunk of Aether, which is what the night sky was believed to be made of (early scientists believed that light conducted through it, which is how it traveled through space).
>>
>>30532689
It's mimikyu
>>
>>30530588
It never does anything again, shit was weird
>>
Google ain't helping me here.

Is there some kind of DLC shit planned for Konikoni City?
I'm in the postgame, but I still can't get to that lighthouse.
Like, the boat seems oddly specific too, but that fucking lighthouse has a path and shit around it according to the map.

Is this like the golf course and power plant? Just a place in the game you can look at but not go to?
>>
>>30528619
>0u0
>>
>>30532899
Go through Diglett Cave, there's a block that can only be pushed by Machamp there that leads to the Lighthouse. You can't enter it, but there is a TM in the area.
>>
>>30532899
diglett cave has a boulder you can push to reach the lighthouse. can't get inside though.

this game has some spots where it seems like gamefreak withheld content. maybe in the next version
>>
>>30532945
>>30532899
The Lighthouse, I mean, you can't actually enter the Lighthouse itself.
>>
>>30532945
>>30532976
Gotcha.

So, what about the old dude looking for a Lunatone in the desert (moon version)?
You can't get Lunatones in the game right? Do we know what he does?
>>
>>30533048
He flies off to space like he just used an escape rope on the overworld
>>
>>30533048
He apparently gives you a Moon/Sun Stone and then fucks off, at least that's what I've heard.
>>
>>30528816
>>30528791
>>30528889
>>30528926
>>30528966
>>30529141
>>30529138
>>30529165
>>30529216
>>30529227
>>30529234

Can you get a ghost pregnant and save their family line?
>>
>>30533133
She's not a fucking ghost, but no, you can't,
>>
>>30533133
I think the better question is:
Would you like to try and find out?
>>
>>30532899
>DLC
>GF
HAHAHA, no
>>
>>30531809
>Captains have to be under 20.
Where is this stated? I'm not one of those retards that skips dialogue and doesn't talk to NPCs, but I don't remember this being implied or stated anywhere in the game.

>7 Captains reflects the 7 generations
>There were never supposed to be 8 captains
>I know absolutely nothing about game design, how deadlines work in production, and what "rushed" ACTUALLY means.
Any game that does not have all of its planned content released because of lack of production time is by definition rushed.

Your argument also conveniently ignores the huge amount of untouched spaces, the fact that psuedo-trials such as the Psychic and Bug crystals exist, and that we have somebody that was blatantly meant to be a Dragon trainer that is completely unused in the game despite getting a VERY well-detailed section in his design notes in the artbook. It also ignores that Mina was clearly intended to be a more important character than she ended up being, and doesn't acknowledge how easy it is to slightly bend the lore with a single throwaway line or two in order to justify shifting half-made content elsewhere.

Sure, Khalil may not have been intended to be a captain, but your argument is flawed and your logic is weak and unsupported.

>>30529720
That's what Platinum did, so it honestly wouldn't surprise me. Still, I'm not gonna hold my breath.
>>
>>30533223
I haven't heard of that Dragon guy. Got any pictures from that artbook of him?

And yeah, Mina REALLY felt like she was something planned that they just didn't have time to really implement.
The Bug crystal, however, I'm sure always went to Guzma. The whole town was basically his own trial.

The Psychic, Flying and Ice crystals, though, aren't as clear.
Flying would obviously be Kahili's at the golf course.
Ice seemed to be where it should be in the ice mountain, I don't think they had any real trial planned for it.
Psychic is the odd one out. It's location doesn't make sense, but there doesn't seem to be a good place for it if they had planned that originally.
>>
>>30533394
Perhaps if Claydol's line was in Sun/Moon and in the desert it'd be a bit more clear. Something tells me personally that the Ice-trial was supposed to be the one without a true captain as the sort of challenge of Victory Road, with the Dragon captain taking over the relevant one on Poni, with Mina and Kahil having their trials on Akala and Poni respectively as well.
>>
>>30533223
>Sun and Moon are games that don't have all of its planned content released because of lack of production time
Source: your ass
>>
>>30533815
Might be out his ass, but the final product sure speaks for itself...
>>
>>30533223
It's in Mallow's dialogue for when you get a little quest and can battle her after her trial. It's in moon only. In sun, you get see Kiawe getting fired from his job at the supermarket and watch his dreams of paying for school crumble.
>>
>>30533394
I don't have the page from the artbook on me. Haven't gotten around to saving it and I keep losing the link to the MEGA.

Guzma definitely was meant to have the Bug crystal from the get-go. Plumeria having the Poison Z-Crystal also seems intentional due to her team and theorized ties to Bulu which are admittedly heavily conjecture, but since admins get shafted all the time anyway it's hard to say whether they intended to do anything with that or not.

The Psychic crystal has the memorization pattern as its "trial", but no captain, which makes me think that they had a better trial designed initially but canned it before they even had so much as a captain. The out-of-the-way location also makes it seem like it and Bulu's shrine were just sorta tacked to each other to conserve space.

The Ice "trial" was probably dropped really early in development. It's possible they wanted to do something in the mountain, but decided to cut it to keep the mountain from being Victory Road AND a trial site. The location is obviously intentional, but the crystal itself just seems placed there with no fanfare.

>>30533471
I feel like Mina NOT having a trial initially was supposed to be part of her character. As if the Fairy trial's creation was supposed to be something in postgame or lategame. You would still get the Fairium Z in lategame so that you could have it and be considered as actually having completed the trials, but the actual trial wouldn't be done until postgame, maybe as a "test run" or something.

The Dragon trial is so ridiculously barebones that it maybe took a day to fully create from 0. A decently-sized and skilled team could've designed, modeled, textured, scripted, coded, and maybe even gotten some testing in before lunch. Oh well, at least the rock star is in Title Defense, even if he comes out of nowhere harder than Khalil does.
>>
>>30533815
It would certainly explain why the UB don't make a significant appearance in the story outside of Nihilego.

As well as the lack of content.
>>
>>30533223
Look at the captains' hair colors. They're red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet and pink. Do you really believe this wasn't intentional? And it's not something that could have been changed in the last minute.

Maybe Mina was indeed supposed to have a bigger role but they ran out of time, maybe Kahili was supposed to have a bigger role in the game as well, not as a captain but just as a relevant NPC. I also believe that. But the trials/captains were clearly supposed to be only 7.
>>
>>30530287
https://youtu.be/ZYbIBWKQYNM?t=237
>>
>>30533815
Source: The game itself.
Unless you want to try to argue that Ten Carat Hill is SUPPOSED to have nothing in it but a random postgame legendary fight and a random Z-Crystal? Or that the partially-rendered golf course which you can see as being accessible via the map wasn't dummied out before being completed?
Or maybe you'd like to argue that despite the clear effort put into Mina, Khalil, and the Dragon trainer whose name escapes me ISN'T disproportionate to their role in the game?
Oh, I know, you're going to say that Johto having 0 references or legacy characters is just fine because "Johto was shit anyway" I won't disagree, but it's not a real argument as there were still more than a couple of NPCs to pick from.

>>30533970
>Captains have rainbow hair colors
That doesn't necessarily prove anything, but I'll admit it's neat and does lean towards being planned. Pink isn't a color of the rainbow but points for trying.
>>
>people genuinely believe every single Z-crystal was supposed to have an entire trial and captain associated to it, but it didn't because the game was rushed
Just imagine how fucking repetitive the game would get with 18 fucking trials

Not to mention the trials stopped being relevant halfway through the game because of Lillie's family drama

I bet you believe there was supposed to be a Z version as well
>>
>Those bent golf clubs in Guzmas old house
>Tfw Kahili is Guzmas sister who went on to be a world champ golfer and master trainer
>Guzma couldnt live up and failed being a trial captain
>Thrashed his sisters old clubs in a rage and left to join Team Skull

Its an oddly specific thing to have in his house, especially when one major character is legit a golfer
>>
>>30534224
Kahili is the daughter of the guy who owns the big hotel on Akala
>>
>>30534094
>Pink isn't a color of the rainbow but points for trying
Never said it was, but Blue/Indigo are almost always lumped together when it comes to color-coded characters.

It's also interesting that Kahili has light blue hair, so she'd suit the rainbow pattern better than Ilima. Maybe she was designed as a captain early in the game's development, but Ilima had so much screentime that I doubt he was a last-minute addition.
>>
>>30534140
>He doesn't think that Z was scrapped to make ORAS.
Explain why Zygarde got so much shit invested into it and wasn't ever relevant until the gen AFTER he premiered?

I don't think EVERY SINGLE crystal was supposed to have a typical trial and captain associated with it, but there's a number of ways they could've had a psuedo-trial instead of just "here's a random Z-Crystal lying around in a completely unrelated location".

I could buy the Icium-Z being just shoved into the ice mountain and left at that. But we have a Flying-specialist, a location associated with her that is partially finished and dummied out, and a flying Z-Crystal just shoved into a random cave in a completely irrelevant location. That combination screams "we didn't have time to finish".
>>
>>30533187
Every Single Event Pokemon (and any quests they unlock, although they rarely do that anymore) are all technically DLC
>>
>>30534328
Z wasn't scrapped to make ORAS, it was scrapped to make SM. The wanted something more exciting than a rehashed version for the 20th anniversary.

ORAS was a rushed mess made in just 1 year to get some money from the hoenn confirmed memesters. There were still plans to return to Kalos and conclude Gen 6 after ORAS, but they were dropped because an entire new generation would sell more.
>>
>>30531781
>What stops it from being an ultra beast

Not coming from the ultra dimention. Space is not a separate dimension, it plays by the same laws of reality that the pokemon planet does.
>>
>>30534292
>>30534224
This, anon. Her family is rich as fuck and influential I guess.
>>
Yes, yes, for those who said we would have complete Trials with all the types except Poison, I agree.
>>
>>30534224
that's because his dad beat him with them
>>
>>30534224
kahili is guzma's childhood friend and rival

their dads are golfing rivals too, guzma's dad wants his son to come up tops against kahili but guzma prefer pokemon battles
>>
>>30534380
DLC for games like this would be like to go to other regions and do stuff there. Like an expansion if you will. The day GF does that Id be greatly impressed. That stuff you talked about is all barely considered DLC...
>>
File: Sumeragi Swordsmen Skills.png (1MB, 400x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Sumeragi Swordsmen Skills.png
1MB, 400x1680px
>>30534094

>Pink isn't a color of the rainbow

Implying the Japs care.

Certainly beats that meme of a rainbow color indigo.
>>
>>30534763
The dad beating him thing is retarded. And besides hitting him with golf clubs with enough force to bend them would have killed him. I take it Guzma was unruly and caught a few parentally justified "beatings", AKA his dad hitting him when he acted like a cunty punk. This whole thing of routine beatings is silly, and I took the line the dad says ("I got beat") to be about his mother intervening and scolding the dad.
>>
>>30534765
>Kahili started using flying types because she couldn't beat Guzma's team
>>
>>30535070
>You don't even get to fight Zonda in the game proper, he just dies like a bitch to Megama-I mean Copen.
>>
File: guzma beating.png (750KB, 873x556px) Image search: [Google]
guzma beating.png
750KB, 873x556px
>>30535110

"A child's journey is wonderful but it's no good to run off! If you did that, you'd get beaten black and blue, you know."
>>
>>30535357
B-Bakana, Japanese didn't censor that part. Nice.
>>
>>30534328
>>He doesn't think that Z was scrapped to make SM
Ftfy. That's the common theory.

That said, SM was clearly in the design phase in XY.
>>
>>30529792
>>30529818
I thought that Hau´s father was Brock and the reason he could never beat Hala was because of type advantages.
it would make sense since both Hala and Brock have lines instead of eyes and it´s possible that Brock wanted Hala to raise Hau and have him become the new kahuna instead of being a gym leader, since a Kahunais supposed to be a more prestigious charge than a gym leader.
Gotta admit that Hau is strong as fuck, the kid would make for an amazing Kahuna battle
>>
>>30534328

I think they intended the trials to be much more elaborate. Almost like running through dungeons in zelda. When they ran out of time they just made it "quick beat 3 pokemon/trainers and here's random z-crystals"
>>
>>30532899
>Lighthouse

Jasmine would be an obvious cameo there. She'd make a decent rep for Johto's trainers.
>>
>>30528661
>After you beat the E4, if you go to Hau'oli Cemetery on Sunday you can find and talk to the Stufful's trainer. She's in the center of the cemetery at a gravestone to the left. She tells you about how she found her lost Stufful on Route 13, but it had already passed away. She says she brought it back to Hau'Oli Cemetery because she thought it would like to be buried next to the berry fields it liked so much.
>>
>>30536138
Damn, this game is full of sad moments
>>
>>30535357
>If you run off as an inexperienced child, the Pokemon world will shit all over you
>People think this implies Guzmas dad beat him
>Not that Guzma was beat black and blue by life as a shitty bug trainer and became a fucking villain
>>
>>30536026
Oh yeah! Right. She would. With what she's attracted to lighthouses in general cause of Amphy.
>>
>>30536138
>>30536461
Just imagine a dried little Stufful corpse sitting in that motel room. Poor guy
>>
>>30536795

>Has a mini breakdown and berates himself in third person when he loses
>That unusual attachment to Lusamine until she really goes off the deep end

Stop trying to deny the obvious.
>>
>>30528648
I honestly didn't notice this. I was pretty surprised when the golfer E4 appeared... sort of came out of nowhere. Then again, most E4 members have been like that in the beginning.
>>
>>30536138
What the fuck is up with this game and deep, sad or horrible moments like this? I think these types of things are a bit inappropriate in pokemon games, given the tone. Like that goddamn story about the accident which is just a setup to give you the TM for Fling. Like why? It's almost jarring.
>>
>>30537556
E4 is usually a pack of literally whos, but they've been gradually trying to make them more relevant in the main game since as far back as Gen 2. Khalil is more blatant in an E4 where you interacted with the other 3 on a semi-decent basis beforehand, though.
>>
>>30537775
Yes that's what I'm saying. Gen 2 doesn't count because everyone already knew Lance from the RBY.
>>
File: i dunno.jpg (84KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
i dunno.jpg
84KB, 492x492px
So... Is colress apart or once apart of the aether foundation?
>>
>>30531594
Americans are the last people who should call other countries shit you third world prick
>>
>>30538015
Colress is a freelancer. He may be shown to have ties to different villainous organizations in future releases as well, since he goes wherever he feels he can bring out pokemon's power.
>>
>>30537775
>but they've been gradually trying to make them more relevant in the main game since as far back as Gen 2.
Not really. Even then they were literally whos. Unless they were a returning character which meant they didn't have much relevancy either.
>>
>>30535110
I golf, you can break and bend clubs without more than a bad bruise, aka over the knee.
Hitting anyone with the head is a different story.
>>
File: phantasmagoria.png (304KB, 625x385px) Image search: [Google]
phantasmagoria.png
304KB, 625x385px
>>30535172

Have you played the sequel yet?
>>
File: lusamine mansion.png (358KB, 673x406px) Image search: [Google]
lusamine mansion.png
358KB, 673x406px
Will we ever know what was beyond the barred-off doors in Lusamine's mansion?
>>
>>30538559
I think they're there to indicate just how much control Lusamine had over her children. They weren't even allowed to wander around the mansion or even outside without her permission probably.
>>
Probably just her fancy house. GF was lazy and didn't want to design a whole mansion, which is fine, cause who cares.
Bedrooms, bathrooms, probably some more weird frozen mons. Shit like that.
>>
>>30536138
Holy fuck
Not only did you lost your stufful, which given it was not in a ball when you meet it which means that you should've immediately noticed its missing, but you managed to take a period of time long enough for the stufful to die. Add to the fact that you could've notified the bumfuck alolan police force, and somehow contact the innkeeper to make sure its well fed until you finally have time to meet it again.
>>
>>30538559
add the other two labs underground to that list.
>>
>>30533925
>Plumeria having the Poison Z-Crystal also seems intentional due to her team and theorized ties to Bulu which are admittedly heavily conjecture

Plumeria is tied to Tapu Bulu? How?
>>
>>30538128
That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>30538015
>For months everybody was putting the pieces and clues together that Colress is a part of Aether
>Fans have heaps of evidence for it
>Sudden hype when it turns out Colress actually is in the game
>Turned out to be complete coincidence, just a cameo like Grimsley, and he isn't even hinted to be involved with Aether.

What a fucking cocktease
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 632x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 632x337px
>>30536795
>YFW Guzma was once a Bug Catcher.
>>
>>30536795
Are you incapable of processing context clues?

It's extremely obvious Guzma's dad beat him.
>>
>>30537245
plus the dented golf clubs.
>>
>>30528619
So what happens if you faint Solgalio?

Does he just sit there and wait like some of the other legends from past games?
>>
>>30538511
Nope. Didn't even know it was released until today. I remember seeing the trailer back in September, but I figured that was still like 6-12 months away from release, not 6-12 DAYS.

Guess I know what game I'm buying next.
>>
>>30539259
when I fainted Lunala there was not even any special text afterwards or anything like that. you get to talk to it again and that's it
>>
>>30528648
That would put 5 trails including the grand trial on one island. They may have gotten rid of it in order to not over-centralize the second island over the others more than it already is.
>>
>>30539506
Counting the grand trial is silly considering it's barely anything more than "go get the Kahuna; kick their ass".

It's a mile marker if anything.
>>
Could these be gyms? what do you think? Does this theory hold any water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVPiY1yVk
>>
>>30539838
Yeah, all the empty building spaces will be Gym in Stars (which will act as a sequel)
>>
>>30534094
>ten carat hill has more content in the fucking demo
>>
>Yungoos was imported from another region
>Clearly not Kanto, Johto, Hoen, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos

Though I wouldn't put it past Kanto. Fuckers were too blind to notice fire breathing skull dogs running around outside during the night.
>>
>>30530541
>we never got to go back into the cryo room to explore
So disappointed in that. I was hoping we would rescue the other Nulls and that's how we aquired ours.

Sucks that Gladion just hands it to us.
>>
>>30536138
I didnt know there's only one Stufful in existence.
>>
>>30531885
No it doesn't. FR/LG belongs to the same universe than ORAS, supposedly. RSE belongs to the Old Timeline along R/B/Y and G/S/C, or so I understood.
>>
>>30539118
>>30539118
kekd 9000
>mind=blown
>>
>>30540079
Well I mean Kanto didn't even have night for the first two years... imagine the first nightfall of G/S to an NPC in Kanto.
>>
>>30538559
They are portals to the Kalos Power Plant.
>>
>>30532899
I'm still curious as to the boat in Konikoni Cities purpose is. It has the appearance of something you could ride on or would play a role in the game but it never happened.

Could it be the Team Plasma ship since Colress is in Alola?
>>
File: 20 - fuAthU5.jpg (351KB, 1335x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20 - fuAthU5.jpg
351KB, 1335x1920px
>>30533394
>>
>>30539838
It's just a theory...

A GAME THEORY@!
>>
>>30537556
There are NPCs constantly talked about genius-born golfer from Alola whom travelled the globe, in the motel near Wimpod's nest iirc.

Much like Fairy kahuna was the daughter of some NPC whom Snubbull ate her artwork and consequently her smile and optimism.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>30539838
What was his problem?
>>
File: 1476931564057.png (14KB, 394x437px) Image search: [Google]
1476931564057.png
14KB, 394x437px
>>30540700
>Dragon guy died and his spirit manifested as Rotom and haunted your Pokedex
>>
File: de4.gif (800KB, 268x340px) Image search: [Google]
de4.gif
800KB, 268x340px
>>30541520
>lumiose ghost girl and acerola were sisters
>>
What happened to the ghost girl from XY and ORAS
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>30541636
Am I the only one who thinks Acerola is literally just Phoebe 2? She's even part of the Elite Four.
>>
>>30541351
>hey, I know this guy who has a Sharpedo
>you should go ask him if you can use it to get past this one section

>was totally going to give it to you
>doesn't want to look like a pushover
>here, guess the coinflip
>no wrong answers
>gives it to you even if you lose on purpose

Grimsby doesn't have a Skarmory, he has a Honchkrow.
His Honchkrow and Sharpedo are both in his rematch team, but GF is *generally* pretty good about keeping teams together.

I use that as proof that he gives you the coinflip.
>>
File: 1466435209616.gif (700KB, 245x306px) Image search: [Google]
1466435209616.gif
700KB, 245x306px
Guzma is 6'1".
>>
>>30541994
I think slavs generally are tall
>>
>>30541669
My guess is that the secret message in Lumiose train station: "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place."

Are related to her past, as in ghost girl was in danger and wrote message so that her friend should be coming for her aid in their "usual place" but her friend never showed up and ghost girl died due to the mysterious danger. Then her spirit just wonders around, even across regions (ORAS), to find her friend ever since and saying: "You are not the one."

Whatever the danger that was threatening her life is still unsolved, perhaps the whole tragedy was supposed to be a reference to some obscure ghost tale.
>>
>>30541957
No, Acerola is actually a good character
>>
>>30541973
I just assumed the Japanese-esque garden was supposed to be his property that made public for Alola people. He may even helped developing the whole City, too.
>>
File: 1453438778847.png (214KB, 717x472px) Image search: [Google]
1453438778847.png
214KB, 717x472px
>>30528619
>Mimikyu is peeking for a split second at the end of the cutscene
>>
File: 1480973046886.png (38KB, 358x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480973046886.png
38KB, 358x288px
>>30528648
No it isn't fully textured. You see that little brown speck on the golf course? It cuts out from there.
>>
>>30533877
I need to see tthis pls, how can I unlock it
>>
>>30533133
Have you seen American horror Story: Murder House? Because that might answer your question.
>>
Is it only me or was this generation much darker than x and y?
>>
File: IMG_1561.png (341KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1561.png
341KB, 1334x750px
>>30540700
Dude Ryuki is one of the possible challengers when you defend your championship. He's definitely not unused
>>
>>30543211
He looks like a million burgers
>>
So is Necrozma a UB or no?
>>
>>30543211
I wonder what the odds of the different challengers appearing is. I've almost only gotten Hau and Gladion
>>
>>30543468
Completely random out of a pool of 10.

I keep getting Hapu and Molayne
>>
>>30543410
Officially no, according to the International Police and the Aether Organization. Although it's like Solgaleo and Lunala where it toes the line.
>>
>>30530371
Newfag
>>
File: 1477573859622.jpg (16KB, 255x171px) Image search: [Google]
1477573859622.jpg
16KB, 255x171px
>>30543211
>tfw actually believed Ryuki haunted your Pokedex all this time
>>
>>30542911
Sorta? I mean, the villain in X/Y wanted mass genocide. This one just wants to capture her precious beasts, which inadvertantly could have caused mass genocide. Also, pokedex entries man. No Escaping Gengar. Also genetic monstrosity created specifically to kill the UB's
>>
>>30541973
I picked neither, and expected some sort of nod to his quote. Instead he just bullshitted about a Skarmory.
>>
>>30539182
It's really not. Muh Japanese is the fucking same but people think it's different because they don't really understand it.
>>
that pokemon star mem guy just posted fatamine stuff

>fourth enemy
>lillie is supposed to be a trainer
>fucking more evidence of mohn
wtf
>>
>>30528889
>>30528926
Keep in mind Nanu saw a friend and colleague get killed (presumably eaten) by Guzzlord. The man's definitely got PTSD.
>>
>>30528648
Yeah seeing the kahunas in the elite 4 and then a "who the heck is this person" appear was kinda disjointing. I wouldn't be surprised if she was supposed to have her own golf centered trial or whatever.
>>
>>30544530
She did get a mention by some NPC as foreshadowing, though.
>>
>>30537638
I noticed this too. It's bizarre as it plays into no overall theme of the game or anything. There's just dark moments that happen to be everywhere. For a game in fucking sunny Hawaii aimed at a young market this shit is bizarre.
>>
>>30538559
Probably Lillie's and Gladion's rooms
>>
>>30538811
Some people where theorizing that Plums wants to take down Bulu, Posion is the perfect typing for that.
>>
>>30535110
No the line is about Guzma kicking his dad's ass after he came back to his house I think. I don't remember what the dad says prior to Guzma revisiting because I never went in there. But I think it's positive development for Guzma, he went back and stood up to his dad, kicked his ass when the dad tried to punish him for running off. Possibly this is why the dad is staring away or something, I feel like it happened before you arrived.

Hard to gather all this from a few lines though.
>>
>>30545360
Pokémon is becoming less and less "aimed at a young market" each year. The ones that grew up with the game are all in college or have jobs now and modern kids would much rather play some shitty pay to win iPhone game
>>
>>30528648
>People think this is cut content and not just changed content.

You know Kahili is one of the toughest E4s with the confusion moves I feel. Maybe they just upgraded her as they felt there were enough trials already. It's not always muh content cuts. I imagine Ryuki could be some rejected rival design or something also.
>>
>Acerola is a ghost

Bets on the next EBIN THEORY VIDEO
>>
>>30542163
People STILL don't understand the Lumiose station thing after all these years?

It's a City Hunter reference. Writing XYZ and sometimes a short message (like a phone number) on the message board in a train station is how you got in contact with Ryou to deal with problems.

Inb4 people call this reaching
>>
File: 1480619657172.jpg (140KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480619657172.jpg
140KB, 1200x1200px
>>30539838
this actually isnt that crazy, all those characters who dont have trials (dragon type, Mina, Khaili, Guzma, Plums) Become the gym leaders and want to go against the tradition of alola because they don't believe in it?
>>
File: u.jpg (607KB, 648x881px) Image search: [Google]
u.jpg
607KB, 648x881px
>>30545891
I believe you
>>
>>30529982
>Doesn't Mallow mention they have to retire once they hit 20?

I'm desperate to find the Japanese script of this because I was playing in Japanese and I don't remember her saying this. Then I hear people in English saying it. Maybe I just missed it. I thought for sure she just said she herself was going to when she hit 20, not that she had to.

Is the game script dumped somewhere?
>>
>>30528648
There were only meant to be 7 trials, that's why the game was code-named rainbow
>>
>>30529367
SM Anabel came from a Hoenn that had a Battle Tower, which doesn't exist in the Hoenn Looker washed up to.
>>
The unused construction sites.
>>
>>30529413
Fake Stufful, not real ones.
>>
You guys are overthinking what's already given, Acerola and Nanu straight up say her parents are dead
>>
>>30547269
They do?
>>
>>30545891
Not talking about the secret message exchanging routine though. Talking about the ghost upbringing.
>>
>>30544261
>bent golf clubs
>>
>>30547242
>Olivia
>>
>>30529227
Her house is the Team Skull mansion. That's why she moved all of her dad's books into the Library.
>>
>>30536795
>>30535357
Okay let me just arrange all the puzzle pieces.

Guzma was once a passionate Bug Catcher when he was young. His bromon is Golisopod.
>One of Team Skull password: Golisopod

When he was young, he often secretly ran off from his house to catch Bug Pokemon and dreamed of becoming Kahuna, acknowledged by the Tapu.
>One of Team Skull password: Tapu Cocoa

But his father did not appreciate that behavior of him running off from home and so Guzma was often got beat down by his dad when he got home.
>One of Team Skull password: Beat Down

Despite his sacrifice, Guzma never won in competitive battle because he overreliant on Bug team. His rival and possibly sister, Kahili has always outskilled him with her Flying team in both Pokemon battle and life. Felt broken inside, Guzma took revenge by beating his dad on the skull with one of Kahili's golf clubs until it bent and ultimately ran away from home as selfmade outlaw leader of Team Skull.
>It's the boss that beats you down, beats you down and never lets up.... Oh yeah. Big bad Guzma is here!
>>
What if the Distortion World is actually Ultra Space?
>>
>>30548975
wasnt it beat up? not beat down?
>>
>>30549735
It was definitely beat down. The weird phrasing was what made that line stand out.
>>
>>30548993
I actually feel like this is the case.
It may be just the name whoever discovered gave it in a certain region.

I find kinda confusing to think there are n dimensions instead of just one big "another" dimension with different parts.

I kinda want them to be the same because when Pokemon Generations end they could wire it up like a big reveal.
>>
File: 1472472035577.gif (168KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472472035577.gif
168KB, 600x450px
>>30549855
I thought that password was named after a pokemon TM? also Khaili isnt related to guz, she has parents who own the big hotel
>>
>>30528635
Well iirc you get the TM for Sludge Bomb in there and Plumeria's a Poison expert so it's probably hers.
>>
>>30544530
>Yeah seeing the kahunas in the elite 4 and then a "who the heck is this person" appear was kinda disjointing.
Literally every E4 has at least one "You've literally never appeared in the game before outside of this room, who the fuck are you"

Prove me wrong

Protip, you can't
>>
>>30550129
Marshall blocks the path to that mountain in BW2 before you even reach Victory Road.
>>
>>30550192
>Shauntal out of nowhere
>Grimsley out of nowhere
he said at least one, not all
>>
>>30541351
who WAS this douchebag anyway

Did he do ANYTHING?
>>
>>30536795
Nigga he literally smacks himself and yells "GUZMA WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU" every time he fucks up, alongside doing the old abusive parent quote of saying "If a machine doesn't work, I beat it until it does"

This is a game where a major character watched a young girl get eaten alive, how the fuck is it that the idea of parental abuse alludes you?
>>
>>30550445
>a major character watched a young girl get eaten alive

wuh
>>
>>30550423
That's Grimsley, one of the elite four in Black/White.

It was just a cameo, anon. Same with Colress.
>>
>>30550544
Looker post-game missions. Nanu and Looker are revealed to be former partners for Interpol and they had used a Faller to try and stop Guzzlord. Looker, for some reason, hesitated and before Nanu could do anything about it, the Guzzlord ate the Faller.
>>
>>30550544

did you just not pay attention to the UB missions?

Nanu quit the police force because a few years back they went on a mission and one of their squad got eaten by Guzzlord
>>
>>30550548
Oh I didn't recognize him without the Honchcrow look

Man B/W were such phenomenally uninspired games to me outside of N. I don't think I ever even finished 2
>>
>>30550588
>>30550601
Oh, I haven't done the UB missions yet. And I'm playing the game in French to practice so honestly I probably miss a few things.
>>
>>30536138
Why did GF fucking put this in?
Couldn't we have at least been given a chance to go there once in a while to keep it healthy and alive? Just to accompany it or something?
Fuck
We got to give the old man from XY one of our own Pokes to keep him company, so why couldn't we do something similar to Stuful?
>>
>>30550129
I decided to compile a list based on gen to check your claim:

>Gen 1:
Lorelei, Bruno, and Agatha never appear outside of their respective rooms before you encounter them

>Gen 2:
None of the Elite 4 appear outside of the Indigo Plateau before you first encounter them in that gen specifically.
If you include Gen 1, then Bruno and Koga were both encountered.

>Gen 3:
Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake are all encountered for the first time in Ever Grande City, though Phoebe and Drake in Gen 6 can be re-encountered in Mt. Pyre and the SS Tidal respectively.

>Gen 4:
Aaron, Bertha, Flint, and Lucian are never encountered before you first see them in the E4.
Flint, however, does reappear post-game in Platinum.

>Gen 5:
Shauntal, and Grimsley are never encountered before you first encounter them in the E4.
Shauntal, however, can be visited post-game in Cynthia's villa.
Marshall is referenced at Twist Mountain in Pokemon BW, and appears in front of Twist Mountain in BW2 if you attempted to go there early.
Grimsley reappears in Pokemon SM.
Caitlin appeared as early as Gen 4, where she oversees Castle Valet Darach, and reappears at Cynthia's Villa.

>Gen 6:
Wiksfrom and Drasna are never encountered or referenced before you first encounter them at the E4.
Malva is first seen on the Holo-Caster, long before you encounter the E4.
Siebold is mentioned offhandedly in Restaurant Le Yeah.

All four cna be re-encountered at the Chateau.

Gen 7 is the outlier, where you know and interact with three out of 4 of the E4 long before you face them there (and of those, you battle two of them beforehand!), four if you include the "Champion" Kukui. And even then, Kahili IS mentioned in the Hano Grand Resort.
>>
>>30550588
>>30550601

Isn't the Faller just Anabel who is totally fine and not eaten
>>
>>30550933
No, Nanu flat out says a Faller was eaten by Guzzlord when you do that mission, and Looker begs you to be careful when you encounter them.

Anabel was told to keep AWAY from Guzzlord, to the point they gave her misinformation about its location.
>>
>>30550972
What is a Faller anyway
>>
>>30550980
Someone from another dimension
>>
>>30551011
That can't be right, there can't be a bunch of people from another dimension. There's not even humans confirmed to live in UB world
>>
>>30551129
It's someone that has one through one ultra portal.
>>
>>30550980
>>30551011
>>30551129
A Faller is anyone who's been in or through an Ultra Wormhole. The protag of SM is a Faller, for example, as are Lusamine, Guzma, and Lillie.

Basically, Ultra Beasts are legit just trying to go home most of the time, so they follow the Ultra Energy that Fallers are soaked in from being in or through Ultra Wormholes in hopes they're portals home.
>>
When Koga gave you the Toxic TM back in Red and Blue, he explains that it is a ninja technique 400 years old which explains why basically all pokemon can learn it.
Magearna can't because it's 500 years old.
>>
Does PokéSpe mentions in any way that Anabel disappeared?
>>
>>30550911
You meet flint in gen 4. He tells you to battle volkner when you go to sunnyshore city
>>
>>30535002
It's DLC in the most literal definition.
>>
>>30536138
Literal fuck. The motel manager knew and let the thing die in a room. Fucking logic.
>>
>>30545508
I doubt this. Why? Because the story becomes more casualized each year. With each passing year, you are guided more and more and there is more and more handholding. If the games were directed at people who grew up with it, they would not have included a 2 hour unstoppable trial in the beginning of the game and called it the first island.
>>
>>30551276
1. Why would the age of a technique have anything to do with the Pokemon that can learn it?
2. Why would the age of a Pokemon have anything to do with a movie it can learn?

For example, the Pokedex states that if you see a Wartortle today, it is 10,000 years old... much older than Magearna. And Wartortle can learn toxic.
>>
>>30547095
>yfw the missing third police member is croagunk.
>>
Nanu started Team Skull
>>
>>30534037
thanks for making me watch for 5 minutes and there was absolutely nothing to do with ghosts in this video.

dick.
>>
>>30551620
Magearna predates Toxic.
>>
>>30551620
It's entirely possible that's true, and they simply went with the idea to justify the fact the last thing we need is another fairy/steel type that can learn Toxic.
>>
>>30551638
Oh man I can't believe I forgot about Croagunk. My friend came up with a theory the third person was Megaverse Anabel which is why Nanu and Looker are trying so hard to keep Anabel safe and distant from all this. They see it as a chance to fix their fuck up and save this new Anabel.
>>
>>30551620
>actually believing the pokedex
>>
File: 1478742250210.jpg (482KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1478742250210.jpg
482KB, 1080x1350px
>>30531261
>tfw no Emraul of pokémon universe
Or is that Nihilego?
>>
>>30552072
Nihilego doesn't start destroying reality with it's presence
>>
>>30529663
Funny, because the ghost argument works just as well

>Liliʻuokalani (Hawaiian pronunciation: [liliˌʔuokəˈlɐni]), born Lydia Liliʻu Loloku Walania Wewehi Kamakaʻeha (September 2, 1838 – November 11, 1917), was a composer of Hawaiian music, author and the last reigning monarch of the Kingdom of Hawaii

>Both have similar styled clothes - no sleeves, undershirt, dress cut same way, pin in hair
>Acerola's dress looks torn to the back as if attacked
>Her lips do something no other human character in the series does, but which ghosts would be able to do due to illusions
>Those books of her father's are pretty old, it seems
>Why would a ghost have a house? Could have been destroyed a while back
>>
>>30552072
Last I checked they didn't need to lock Nihilego inside a moon top stop it from eating the universe.
>>
>>30549944
Also if you check the shelves and stuff it says it's full of make-up, which Plumeria uses HEAVILY on her ugly mug.
>>
>>30551697
Does that mean Nanu can drop some dope rhymes?
>>
>>30552222
>Why would a ghost have a house? Could have been destroyed a while back
Acerola's house is the mansion in Po Town. She moved her father's books to the library after it was sacked.
>>
>>30552222
Just because the books are old doesn't mean the owner of the books is.

I have a copy of Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, does that mean I'm actually from Ancient Rome?
>>
>>30551129
The idea is that Ultra Wormholes link many dimensions, and that the UB world is just one of those dimensions. They also link to other Pokemon 'universes' e.g. the RSE universe which is where Annabel came from.
>>
>>30548993
>>30549909
Considering Giratina was hurled into a pocket dimension where it was the only living thing, in order to preserve creation from it's apparent unending violence, I doubt that's the case.

It kinda depends on if one Arceus made all the dimensions, or if each dimension has its own Arceus. Each dimension might have a different version of the Arceus myth then, and Giratina might technically be an UB.

But as it is, he's more or less trapped in hell, not space.
>>
>>30545470
I recall the dad mentioning Guzma beating him up before the post-Game. I only realized it was Guzma's house in the post game and then made the connection between that line and it being Guzma the dad was talking about.
>>
most of the Faller ideas are made up, i.e. not fact, off the idea that pokemon has multi universes... starting in ORAS. by A. Zinnia suggesting that there are different universes, and B. a theory that the Hoopa holes brought the legends from a different universe.

it is possible that everyone is from the mega universe, but the ones that lose memory, (Looker, Anabel, Prof Mohn) time jump, as opposed to the ones that come out at the present time (PC, Lillie, Lusamine, Guzma)
>>
>>30548993
i wouldnt be surprised... i could see it like, the old universe is the aftermath of Cyrus recreating his world... aka going to the Distortion World. I would bet all my pokedollars that Cyrus will be a faller in the DPP remakes. my question for the people that claim fallers are from a seperate universe... where are the mega universe Looker and Anabel?
>>
and now that i think about it... is it possible that AZ isnt immortal, but is a faller and time jumped to XY time?
>>
>>30536138
Wait, is it the same woman who has you finding all her missing Stufful on Route 10?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.