[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Karenfag General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

File: tumblr_n01cvlNOVT1qlvlsho1_500.jpg (88KB, 463x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n01cvlNOVT1qlvlsho1_500.jpg
88KB, 463x750px
Post about your pokebros, your favourite weird teams, and how you're trying to make them work in the current meta.
>>
Trying to go all out offensive with my bro Decidueye.
Fuck the haters, I'm having so much fun with it.

HA never ;_;
>>
I'm gonna miss my Sylveon Ubers team for ORAS. :(
>>
>>30528209
Trickroomfag here. Having the time of my life.
>>
File: 1480819633777.png (922KB, 824x2072px) Image search: [Google]
1480819633777.png
922KB, 824x2072px
>tfw Lycanroc (Day) is my new favourite mon and is just one coverage move away from being genuinely great
Probably gonna be sticking with UU for now, OU looks like it'll be absolute cancer once its finalized and nearly all my bros will be below it. Will probably be running a Sandstorm team as well, to try make Lycanroc work. Maybe Rain or Hail too, though I usually only do one weather team ever since Gen V nearly fucking scarred me for life with how many of them I fought.

Also, does anyone else find this gen has an abnormally large number of bromons? Besides pic related I'm loving Wishiwashi, Alola Ninetales, Decidueye, Vikavolt, Mudsdale, Alola Muk, Comfey, Alola Raichu, and a few others ain't half bad either.
>>
>>30528209
> tfw I actually like a lot of the stronger mons out there(Like garchomp)
> tfw no-one believes you because apparently you can't like a strong mon.

;_;
>>
>>30528247
Tell us about it, anon. What was it like?
>>
>sub 1200 elo general
>>
>>30528359
Liking strong mons is fine, fuck the haters. What's important is that you don't like them BECAUSE they're strong for the meta.
>>
File: 1480089618024.png (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480089618024.png
48KB, 300x300px
>>30528209

G A R F E I L D B O I S

I have both an offensive and defensive one and have been testing them on my hail team, the idea is to get alolan Sandshrew in safe with parting shot and SD on the switch. With z parting shot to keep my sweepers and ninetails healthy
>>
>>30528360
The catch of the team was to build with Sylveon in it as a Wish passer and a status clearer, while also being a special wall, but apart from that the rest of the team looks very Uber-like, and very Kyogre weak. MMX / POgre / Bronzong / Arceus-Ground / Yveltal.
>>
>>30528292
I'm in the same boat, anon. All we can do is hope and pray that it gets Earthquake either next gen or in the D/P remakes.
>>
>>30528209
I love alolan Ninetales and I'm trying to run a veil hail team.
Sometimes it's really hard to set up, but if I get it off it works pretty well.
I'm currently around 1400 which isn't too terrible.
>>
>>30528386
Im trying to use him so badly, sucks that tons of the meta is life orb uturn spamming sexyroach.
>>
>>30528665
I'm having good success using her as a dual screen setup lead and then boosting M-Gyarados for an easy sweep.
>>
File: 1480439996496.png (143KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480439996496.png
143KB, 565x600px
>>30528692

On the bright side everyone is doing turn 1 stealth rocks again (I missed you gen 4) so our boy is great at out speeding and nailing them with a taunt. Pair him with a white herb minior and try to get an early game sweep vs things like toxapex.

For extra gimmicky stuff throw hp fire on a technition set with nasty plot and a sash to catch rocket waif off guard

Keep the dream alive
>>
>>30528931
>mfw pairing it with A-Muk in doubles
> mfw Fur Coat A-Muk
>>
>>30528931
That sounds fantastic. I'll give it a go.
Annoying how "Special Pokemon" don't include the fucking UBS
>>
I really like using the nuzzle-electroball combo.
>>
Trying to figure out the best set for Mimikyu. The current one I'm using goes okay, but I need to run more calcs and test battles in order to make sure.
>>
>>30529246
a free z-splash + shadow sneak will reck shit in UU at the least
>>
I always try to make Leafeon viable. Even with that laughable HP, 130 defense and 110 HAS to be worth something. I managed to nab some kills with it on showdown but as soon as anything special comes around it dies

I'm not a fan of SD setup, I'd rather slap a Life Orb, how viable can I make it?
>>
File: 1475753850119.gif (465KB, 464x280px) Image search: [Google]
1475753850119.gif
465KB, 464x280px
Got to master rank in Pokemon Royal with my (Alolan) Ninetails, Decidueye and Espeon the other day
>>
>>30529736
Impressive.
>>30529686
When in doubt, Sun team. Just load it up with coverage moves and a good STAB, and you can probably do alright with it in UU.
>>
>>30529801

Might as well give it a go. 252 on HP, then 126 split on attack and speed?

Usually I run Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace and Yawn. Nobody expects it.

Although maybe I could go with Synthesis
>>
>>30529884
Synthesis would be preferred if you're going life orb. Other than that, that set seems fine - though if you're going for Chlorophyll, I'd personally put the Speed EVs into HP since you'll already be running circles around everything.
>>
>>30529967

Even with uninvested base 95 speed?

I'm always confused by the "doubles x stat" abilities. So If Leafeon base speed is 100, under sunlight it'd go up to 200?
>>
>>30530026
It's essentially the same as boosting your speed by two stages. At UU/OU level nothing is gonna outspeed you unboosted.

Unless you're really worried about getting setup on, there's not much to fear besides priority in that regard.
>>
>>30530082

Guess I'm going to try to meme on people with sunturtle and Leafeon, then. much appreciated anon.
>>
>tfw 1500 elo by memeing with A.Golem suicide lead and Pyukumuku suicide revenge bombs.
I'm semi-reliably clearing out 3 pokemon with them per match now. Nobody expects boosted Z-Explosion and Explosion, or the 314 damage switch.
If I could just find a way to make Vikavolt work my life would be complete.
>>
>>30530290

Any way you could baton pass some speed buffs into thunderbug? Because that Sp. Atk is monstrous and even though electric and bug STAB ain't the best combination it will probably still hurt plenty of things. Add Flash Cannon to sneak in on faeries
>>
>>30530336
I've found that even with a speed boost passed on it still isn't quick enough to outpace top tier threats that I'm seeing since a single priority move is often enough to fuck it sideways.
>>
File: Cbf_t1uUkAANk-j.png orig.png (995KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Cbf_t1uUkAANk-j.png orig.png
995KB, 750x1334px
>VGC17
>Everyone kept telling me that Garchomp would be shit because it'll be Tapus The Meta
>He's still excellent and splashable as fuck
>All he needs to do now is run Poison Jab
>Forever top tier, no matter what, he adapts and becomes king again

Feels good man.

inb4 butthurt nuh uh you can't like Garchomp because he's good unlike muh bro Ledian who deserves to be good more than your bro jelly faggots
>>
>>30530395

Well then I'd suggest trying to invest in Bulk, at the very least it has no 4x weakness and that HP could be worse

Give it an Assault Vest and HP Rock to deal with Fire types. It's probably viable to not invest much in Sp. Atk since it's already very high even uninvested, just give it a good nature

Of course, if you want to go maximum meme there is always Iron Defense. But that is some serious meme magic.
>>
i always want to do some tec shit with aquarchnid.

but nver sure team to make him work
>>
>>30530527

>Bullshit high special defense
>decent defense
>Shit HP

Might be kinda crazy, but how about as a Reflect lead? It has special defense covered and reflect could take care of the low defense. Just make sure to run leech life to not get fucked sideways due to that low HP

Also, I feel like it'd do well in a rain team. STAB Water Bubble rain boosted Liquidation has gotta hurt.
>>
>>30530527
Why the fuck you wanna use it as support? All this thing is supposed to do is hit hard as fuck.

Do you also wanna use Infernape as a wall?
>>
>>30530656
I once used it as a shitty Toxapex counter with Scald and Aqua Ring.
>>
>>30528292
>>tfw Lycanroc (Day) is my new favourite mon and is just one coverage move away from being genuinely great
This so much

Great taste anon
>>
>>30530692

>Not Soak and Toxic

You need to meme harder, anon.
>>
>>30528209

My quirk is to have my Hall of Fame teams collect ribbons from winning in other leagues too.

My ORAS and XY teams have both Kalos and Hoenn ribbons
>tfw my alolan bros will never get to see kalos and compete in their league

Fave mon - my pokemon catcher Scyther. Always loved this mon and was genuinely happy to see it got evo in Gen II and mega evo in Gen VI.

Got some random french Scyther in Wonder Trade and started using him as my False Swiper. Even though there are better mons like Gallade.

Traded him to ORAS as well as turning him into Scizor.

Now he's lvl 100 M-Scizor False swiper bro. Can't explain why I got so attached to this one guy in particular.
>>
>>30530656
For the record defensive infernape completely cockblocks some hazard offense archetypes without having to resort to quaggy.

Dont shit on defensive infernape, it's actually good.
>>
File: Wait...what..jpg (15KB, 369x406px) Image search: [Google]
Wait...what..jpg
15KB, 369x406px
>>30530958

I'm curious now

What the fuck sort of defensive set infernape runs? Taunt lead?
>>
>>30530983
Not him, but I used to run a sorta defensive lead Infernape back in late Gen IV/early Gen V sometimes to deal with suicide or setup leads. My set was Taunt + Protect + U-Turn + Fake Out, then pump speed and defense and slap on a life orb.

You use Fake Out for free damage, and Taunt them afterwards to stop them from setting up. If they're a suicide, you use protect if they've not already tried to blow you up to see if you get lucky. If not, U-Turn out on them instead.

It worked wonders back then as a memey build before weather wars entirely consumed the meta, but I doubt it would be effective at all now. Still, it was always fun to entirely shut down an Azelf suicide lead before laughing when they blew themself up in frustration and then take a chunk out of their swap in as I U-Turned out.
>>
>>30530983
There's a fucking neato build on Smogon that uses Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, Slack Off, and Low Kick
>>
>>30528209
Nobody expects choice specs surf from linoone ever
>>
>>30530397
I only really started to like Garchomp when Pokken turned him into Bryan Fury, right down to the crazy laugh
>>
>>30528292
> X
> mega altaria
>>
>>30530983
Slack off, WoW, taunt and the move of choice, I prefer vacuum wave, yet many run eq, wow, Mach punch or Flamethrower.

The ivs are pretty customizable to be honest, I just outspeed base 81 timid and dump the next in physical defense.

Infernape is the only true counter to bisharp after it SDs and it's also a good anti meta mon.
>>
>>30535410
I'm retarded what does the attack WoW mean
>>
>>30535135
That was doable if he started Gen VI late.
>>
>>30535443
WoW, you can also use low kick on the attacking move if you really gave issues with heatran Ttar and ferrothorn, I prefer the special priority niche or Flamethrower.
>>
>>30535443
WoW means will o wisp.
>>
I don't get the hate, golisopod works for me fine and I love the design.
>>
Help what is the best naturr for ash greninja
>>
>>30536888
Timid :^)
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.