[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will you do if "Stars" will be the last Pokémon games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: TRIO.gif (548KB, 800x150px) Image search: [Google]
TRIO.gif
548KB, 800x150px
I was thinking about this then I realized I probably wouldn't cope well.
>>
>>30528171
Play a better a game, I guess. It's been years of fun.
>>
>>30528171
It likely wont. Nintendo would be stupid to drop the franchise that still makes them the most money.
I'm betting that they are either trying to merge their mobile/console with the Switch, or are having every third game be on their console.
>>
>>30528239
It's not Nintendo's to drop or have such control over
>>
>>30528171
Honestly, pokemon still has a huge market with a very loyal fanbase, I doubt any company would miss out on that kind of profit unless the sales tanked and the reception is very bad.

If it does, time to move on I guess, there would still be spinoffs and another games to fill the niche market anyway.
>>
I'll call GF stupid.
Pokémon is far and away one of the biggest cash cow franchises in existence, and they're not even close to running out of ideas for Pokémon (There's even really obvious shit left like dolphins). They'd have to be utterly retarded to end it just because "Well, it's been 20 years, that's enough of that".
>>
>>30528239
>>30528265

Welp. Thanks based anons for somehow giving me some hope that Pokemon probably wouldn't die out soon.
>>
>>30528293

Are you honestly retarded? Can you give me a reason why gen 7 would be the last games on the series?
>>
The main danger in Pokemon isn't dying, it's that America is now a bigger market for the franchise than Japan. Unlike the past 4 Pokemon games, SM sold 1.7 million copies more in America than in Japan. Pokemon GO was much bigger in America than in Japan as well. GF and Nintendo may begin pandering to western sensibilities and I could see a Pokemon game eventually having voiced cut-scenes or being open world like BotW.
>>
>>30528293
It's ok anon, Pokemon will probably outlast us

If there's money in it Gamefreak will do it, corporation values profit before anything anyway.
>>
File: b14[1].jpg (48KB, 300x345px) Image search: [Google]
b14[1].jpg
48KB, 300x345px
>>30528171
Don't like the direction this series is heading and I wouldn't want the franchise to be tarnished any further.
>>
>>30528326
No it won't, Pokemon so far has been rather conservative with their changes saves from a few things. They have a blueprint that works very well, it's likely won't change much unless it's a spinoff or that they are extremely desperate for a fresh take.
>>
It's not going to be the last game, but I wouldn't really care if they stopped making them. There are far better games out there than Pokemon, anyone who spends all their time playing games from this one series is a fool.
>>
I can only see Pokémon die if GF themselves decides to stop with the series but as it's still making a shitload of money I don't see that happening soon.
>>
>>30528326
Honestly a pokemon game with voiced cut scenes like professor layton would be fucking sweet
>>
>>30528320
Calm down, bro. I was just asking what if. :^(
>>
I would be fine with it if it meant the games were good as fuck
>>
Pokemon has literally resurged as a franchise, and it never really stopped being successful. Pokemon Go has revitalised pop culture interest, Sun Moon sold really well.

Now in the coming years, the generation that played Red Blue are having kids - and when those parents give those kids a Nintendo console, they're going to choose that Pokemon game because they understand exactly what it is, they know it's suitable for kids, and it's a really easy way to connect to their children which you might not otherwise do with shooting games, MobAs or Iphone games.

Gamefreak themselves have expressed a desire to make Pokemon a franchise that goes on for decades, there's nothing at the moment that suggests that's an unreasonable strategy.
>>
>>30528375
Pretty much this.
>>
>>30528690
This
Even made me shed a tear
;'^)
>>
>>30528171
Why would you think that? What lead you to this conclusion?
No, Pokemon is not ending. Not in our lifetimes.
>>
the original last games were Gold and Silver according to Ishihara but they changed their mind since Pokémon was popular

it's here to stay

/thread
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.