[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did they fuck up so bad? This is the worst thing ever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (47KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 400x240px
How did they fuck up so bad? This is the worst thing ever.
>>
I actually kinda like it. It's a neat novelty thing. I'd much rather have a place full of trainers I can repeatedly battle when I can gain xp. But Battle Royal is at least a neat idea. And you can pretty easily farm bp, so there is that. Maybe I'm just a fag. I dunno.
>>
>>30527290
I fuckin love it as a new multiplayer mode. Can't wait to see how the meta develops for it.
>>
I love it because smogon set shitters don't know how to win. You try winning Master rank with a bunch of sweepers or stall, you get your shit pushed two feet deep.
>>
>>30527430
Earthquake on everything it's the best move ever.
>>
With friends it can be pretty fun but against computers it's pretty cancer.
>>
>>30527473
How to spot someone who hasn't beaten Master rank. Earthquake deals less damage on multiple targets, and you'd be hard pressed to get a singe kill that way.

The way to easily beat BR is to tank it until someone's about to die, and then snipe the kill with priority. Set your course for second place, and make sure the guy in first dies while you survive. Boom, first place even though you don't have the most points.
>>
>>30527290
>muk
>minimize
>protect
>sub
>knock off to snipe low hp pokemon

Enjoy free BP. You're welcome
>>
>>30527454
I beat masters with my in game not properly trained Lycanroc, Snorlax and Mega Alakazam.
>>
>>30527290
I love it
>>
>>30527430
Meta isn't going to develop for it when it's not available on a ranked ladder. I don't know why GF only intended it to be a casual mode.
>>
>>30527290
Any battle with more than two pokemon is a fucking lagfest on my 3ds
>>
>>30527498
Looks cool, would try

Any other good mon for this?
>>
>>30527567
Clefable
>>
>>30527525
this 100%
>>
Sent out Nihilego, opponents are garchomp, mega garchomp, and kingdra with dragonium Z. Let's just say I took three dragon dicks at once.
>>
>>30527290
I just realised, wasn't the supposed reasom behind why there are no triple battles because of frame rate and yet in both triple and BR battles you would have 8 pokemon on field at a given time.
>>
What if you use Sneaky pebbles?
>>
>>30527633
>protect
>dazzling gleam because you're 103 base speed vs 102, 92, and 80
>three dead dragons
>>
>>30527667
This is exactly why Lycanroc is on my team. Fast Stealth Rock setter. Should probably invest in a focus sash for him though, he's frail as fuck.
>>
>>30527673
Except they'll most likely survive because the damage is split.
>>
>>30527654
8 3D models I mean. Also do we have a set time frame for when It takes place. If the game take place before b&w then that could explain it.
>>
>>30527654
in triples and rotation you have 6 or less pokemon visible at any time, other modes like doubles or battle royale have 4 pokemon or less
i assume they removed the gen 5 modes because with new unoptimized battle background and visible trainers it would become a 5 fps fuckfest
>>
>>30527290
It's the best thing actually.
I thought i would be a gimmick, but it's so brainless to join hop into a online battle with it and have fun.
It's also as strategic as the other mode, if you really understood how to win.
>>
>>30527290
I love how it runs at 5 fps on my old 3ds. Especially when theres big models that move a lot.
>>
The concept is fine. The framerate is unforgivable though.
>>
how do you win this shit?
>Protect Turn 1
>Protect Turn 2 and hope it worked and something died
>Explosion or something

how the fuck do you win this? Getting a streak of 50 in the Battle Tree wasn't this hard
>>
>>30527290
Just don't use it.
>>
>>30529087
Bullshit, beating masters is so much easier than maintaining a streak in a mode that will create teams with the sole purpose to counter yours.

just carry pokemon with immunities, high str and priority moves and you're golden. Goliospod is fucking king since his ability makes it hard for him to die and he has THREE priority moves, mimikyu has 3 immunities and is immune to the first hit. These two alone should be enough to win.
>>
>>30528241
The thing is this gen introduced trainers being in the background meaning in battle royal there are 8 3D models on the field. I have to ask If you think its worth losing a battle format to have trainers in the background especially since the NX is around the corner.
>>
>>30527290
Not being last man standing killed it. Last man standing promoted attacking the threat, but now it's more in your interest to try to KO whatever is free.
>>
>>30527290
how did they fuck it up?

they made it some bullshit limited round thing where the only strategy is the use protect and minimize ect to not die at all while letting everyone else do the work.

it would have been way better if it were a normal pokemon battle but 4 way, that way you would have to actually stategize about other players actions instead of stalling

also im not 100% sure its not since i cant use any online features until 3ds hax r released but it needs to be an online mode rather than just an offline mode
>>
>>30529301
Pokémon models are insanely high-poly. They're not even comparable to the trainer models.
>>
>>30529301
>Beast Lusamine has almost as many polygons as Volcanion
fug
>>
>mfw running AV Mudsdale tanking all the hit while the AI kills each other

I wonder how it'll be like with Eviolite chansey
>>
They only had to do one thing: make the winner last man standing instead of a point based knockout system mixed with "the first person to lose all of their pokemon loses the match". Because you could be leading the charge by a good margin then the computer decides to gang up on you. Not just the current pokemon you have out mind you, your whole team. They'll team up against your whole team and once you're the first guy to inevitably lose all three of his pokemon, you lose. Doesn't matter how many K.O.s you get or how big of a lead it was. You lose all your pokemon, you automatically lose the entire match.

"oh we know you had a 6 point lead by the end of the match but since the A.I. decided to collectively buttfuck you, you lose to youngster Anthony because he had 3 K.O.s and 1 pokemon."
>>
>>30527708
Triples exists in Hoenn, which takes place at the very start of the timeline. So no, that doesn't explain it.
>>
It's just an inherently bad idea. Multiplayer free-for-all games are ultra-casual because they boil down to a popularity contest.
>>
>>30527473
Its animation is hideous and thus I refuse to use it
>>
>Ultrabeasts get 1-hit KO'd by anything
>CPU's keep stealing your kills
>CPU's gang up on you as soon as you're at ANY type disadvantage or score advantage
This mode is pure SHIT
>>
>>30527290
Ahh yes silky smooth 10FPS, thank you GF
>>
>>30529399

That last clause is only true for the threat. The scores are still based on individual performance and such.
>>
mimikyu is the real MVP
>>
>easy BP farm
>triggers 1v1 smogonshitters
>ingame opponents don't appear to outright cheat
This is the best battle facility since gen3 battle pyramid
>>
>>30537604
No, it's based mostly on kills. In case of a tie, it goes by remaining pokemon, and then health% of remaining pokemon.
>>
>>30537891

Oops meant to say between those who have remaining Pokémon. Thanks for bringing up that bit lol

I was mostly implying to others that ganging up on the weakest player usually doesn't help if he had a bad start or sum'n'~
>>
File: The Third One.jpg (316KB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
The Third One.jpg
316KB, 4288x3216px
My first Battle Spot video ever! :D

3E3W-WWWW-WWW2-6NL2

Plus these other 3~ ;3

ZGDW-WWWW-WWW2-C5AJ
VKKW-WWWW-WWW2-GYTV
ZAXW-WWWW-WWW2-GYUD

I'd upload my Super/Hyper/Master ones but they can't upload for some reason, perhaps it's due to all the currently unavailable stuff the other trainers use. Can't wait to though!~ x3 (Hopefully it's fixed when the bank releases~)
>>
My only problem is in singleplayer, everyone fucking targets solely you or only aims to make sure someone other than you wins, even if they lose.
>>
>>30538688
get a heavy ball ditto and just spam earthquake my dude
>>
>>30537836
>easy BP farm
The tree is MUCH better and the Battle definitely outright cheats even more than the BT
>>
>>30527430
Protect on everything. Bulky Priority/Stall. Golisopod is actually good.
>>
Anyone else have videos?

I'll say this much: I beat Super, Hyper, and Master Rank without using Legendaries. Remember that there are times when low HP is more attractive to CPUs than weaknesses~
>>
>>30538769

One of my Master vids has a Heatran okhoking a contrary Serperior~

Gets crazy at times lol. Lots of tight scrapes to be honest.
>>
>>30538688
nope you're just a retard.
>>
>>30527454
But stall works pretty well ,protect 12/7 and priority snipe shit that you can.
>>
>>30538743
Literally what? What does a Heavy Ball have to do with anything, how do you ensure the Ditto has Earthquake, why Ditto and not something that already has good stats, what if an opponent has a Flying type or something with Levitate?
>>
>>30538769
Battle is definitely faster early on though because of the loser rewards. Once you have your shit together maybe not.
>>
>>30541979
Seriously don't let this thread die, someone please explain this shit to me.
>>
bump for best addition
>>
~ Smeargle and friends! :3 ~

E62G-WWWW-WWW2-GVCR
4RNW-WWWW-WWW2-GVD7
>>
>the match ends when one pokemon faints, not when there's only one pokemon remaining

for what purpose
>>
File: 1480044398095.jpg (73KB, 376x404px) Image search: [Google]
1480044398095.jpg
73KB, 376x404px
>beat all ranks in one go
>got the pose in no time
>>
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-sm/spotlight.shtml

So, how badly can this move be abused in Royale?
>>
>>30546098
>Give KO's to other players
Not well.
>>
It's just multi battles, except your teammate attacks you too. It's shit
>>
>>30541921
>>30538743
If you two actually believe this, you've never actually played Battle Royale.

It uses the same methods of putting out counter-builds to whatever team you pick, and as soon as they see a type advantage they lunge at it. 90% of the time, the type advantage is against you. And several times Pokemon will use AoE moves and the other two will conveniently fucking know Protect.
>>
>>30533059
autism
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.