[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SM was way too fucking linear. Not only we had little to zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: tiredasfuck.jpg (42KB, 297x260px) Image search: [Google]
tiredasfuck.jpg
42KB, 297x260px
SM was way too fucking linear. Not only we had little to zero freedom in exploring, but we also had constant cutscenes that were avoidable if they were actually competent to make people talk without interrupting the gameplay.

I mean, it was a better game than XY and ORAS but for fuck sake if this is literally the future for next pokemon games, I wont buy it. Those annoyances really are killing any complexity. There are no dungeons besides vast poni canyon and even that one wasnt that good. Sure, there were improvements, but overall gameplay was dumbed down a lot.

I dont want to be the one who says this, but I think remakes are the only option now to get that old school game design with new graphics. We will run out of them eventually though...
>>
File: 1480269545517.jpg (44KB, 480x489px) Image search: [Google]
1480269545517.jpg
44KB, 480x489px
>>30525261
>We had little to zero freedom in exploring
>>
>>30525261
>We had little to zero freedom in exploring
Have a (you)
>>
>>30525287
>>30525291
>you cant go there because kahuna or trials or my dog is looking for items
>literally the whole game
literally the most linear game to date
>>
>>30525261
It's 6 in the morning and this is what I wake up to. What a start to such a great day.
>>
>everyone i talked about this game said that this game was fun but cripplingly linear
>somehow it isnt an issue here

my mistake of talking with autists
>>
>>30525311
>>30525382
Go back to playing Fallout 4 faggot
>>
>>30525407
nice projection
>>
>>30525311
>my dog is looking for items
That is my biggest annoyance so far. Like, just control your fucking pokemon. You're practically holding reins for it. You can't block an entire street just because you're looking for hidden items. And even if you could, it doesn't take that fucking long to do.
>>
>>30525382
It is an issue. Every time I go to a new area I try to explore, and while there are nooks and crannies to venture into, the main paths are always blocked by bullshit until you've cleared the next Rotom flag.

I'm liking the game otherwise, but that shit is getting really annoying.
>>
>>30525287
>>30525291
But he's right? At most you get to backtrack once you unlock a new ride, only to find you only missed out on a small room, or a cave that takes 2 minutes to navigate. The dungeons sucked too, and the fact that there were basically no puzzles (except for the braindead ones in the tapu shrines) really killed any sense of discovery this game had.
>>
>>30525261
Funny thing is, Final Fantasy began focusing more on the story in its 6th game.
And ORAS, a game in the 6th generation of Pokemon, had a lot of focus on story.
Coincidence? Yes. But, seriously, SuMo opened up the possibility of us getting a Pokemon game that is all looks and NO GAMEPLAY.
>>
>>30525549
>But, seriously, SuMo opened up the possibility of us getting a Pokemon game that is all looks and NO GAMEPLAY.

Which would be a disaster considering that Pokemon is all about gameplay
>>
File: 1460152194359.jpg (17KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1460152194359.jpg
17KB, 384x313px
>liked XY/ORAS
>SM was better

I was satisified

Maybe you're just done with Pokemon
>>
>>30525632
Exactly.
>>
>>30525261
Except kanto wasn't complex either, it just had a lot of back tracking at the end of the day Pokemon is still a children's game and as we all know children are idiots
>>
>>30526557
Kanto wasnt good to begin with.
>>
>>30526557
Kanye is literally the most boring ass region
>>
>>30525485
I knew a great dane that had this compulsion to lick virtually every pebble between it's front door and the mailbox. The onwer gave up on trying to give it proper walks after awhile.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.