[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts about this feature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: poke-pelago-pokemon-sun-and-moon.jpg (405KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
poke-pelago-pokemon-sun-and-moon.jpg
405KB, 1280x720px
What are your thoughts about this feature?
>>
I like collecting beans
>>
>>30524358

For me...

It's not bad, but it's not used.
>>
It's alright. Nice side attraction, much better than the Festival Plaza's cancer.
>>
File: latest.png (89KB, 237x257px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
89KB, 237x257px
>>30524369
T. Mohn
>>
>>30524358
It's okay for the passive stuff it can do for you.
Isle Avue is trash, and I wish patterned and rainbow beans would give 3x and 4x time multipliers instead of just longer durations of 2x.
>>
>>30524358
It's alright and a neat concept. I mainly use it to get money and passively EV train while I breed for 30 hours.
>>
File: 6bf.jpg (36KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
6bf.jpg
36KB, 640x621px
>>30524358
>>
Makes me feel better about leaving pokemon in the PC. It's also nice to have a way to make money after beating all the trainers and EV train while you're doing something else. It's also got the most efficient berry growing system in the whole series
>>
>>30524358
Lore-wise I like that it addresses the fact that your boxed Pokemon aren't just frozen in stasis because they were born with the wrong nature/IVs.

Gameplay-wise it's a relaxing little minigame.
>>
Good:
The only remotely convenient and efficient method of farming berries in the entire franchise
Bad:
Berry farming is pretty much the only remotely useful feature, the stones are okay but it's not predictable and the EV training is only useful if you don't have time to actually play the game
>>
Not bad
I like the fact pokemon aren't stuck in PC hell.
Bean island gives beans so it's useful
berry island is a great convience since all the plots are in one spot.
Treasure hunting island makes getting evo stones not borderline impossible
The training island is nice when I'm feeling lazy
The hotsprings....ehhhh not all that useful honestly when I can force feed hapiness mon ev berries and it takes too long to passively warm up eggs.

Overall a great first attempt that can easily be improved.
>>
It's stupid. I barely use it. I would much rather go out and have to use things like thief or use Stoutland to find things rather than sending off Pokemon on missions and have to wait to see what they bring back.
>>
>>30524358
Holy shit what if life as we know it is just Pokemon Pelago for humans cause we aren't good specimens?

>Anon seems to really enjoy Pokemon Island
>>
>>30524358
>midday Lycanroc lusting after a bone like an uncivilized retard
>midnight Lycanroc happily picking up berries
I love this
>>
>>30524358
I like it, if only for immersion reasons that my pokemon do not need to rot away in boxes the whole time.
>>
File: 1480385746930.png (214KB, 460x443px) Image search: [Google]
1480385746930.png
214KB, 460x443px
>>30524908
>midday Lycanroc exploring and spelunking like a true high test male
>midnight Lycanroc picking berries and tending to the garden like the bitch she is
>>
>>30524908
>>30524949
Both of you get the fuck out.
>>
I like it. Could be better, but its a good feature.

The anime fan in me likes the idea that it can be viewed as basically our equivalent of Oak's ranch.

The only two I really actively use those, bean island aside, is the treasure and berry island.Berry island is perfect, but I wish the treasure island had a higher item yield.
>>
>>30524980
They really should just give us an updated My Pokemon Ranch. Make it Poke Pelago themed.
>>
>>30524358
I honestly believe most pokemon would go insane in pelago seeing as how they are wild animals and need that thrill of existence to function, like zoo animals that slowly go crazy from captivity.

Pretty sure Aether also does the same as Pelago.
>>
Ev training is underrated. Being able to train up 18 pokes at once with no input is an amazing time saver, especially if you're busy these days like I am. I have boxes of good IV legendaries from ORAS waiting for the shift to this generation. Yeah pokemon box will take a while but when it does work it'll be worth it.

Meanwhile, it's a great feature for my friends who are just now getting into pokemon again who don't know much about the inner mechanics.
Pic unrelated
>>
>>30524412
Kek I've been waiting for someone to do a shop with mohn here since I played the pelago
>>
>>30524358
It's good. Isle Avue needs to get fixed. Make it two islands, one for happiness and one for egg hatching.

Or make it a fug island where the mons that breed have a higher chance to make shines idk.
>>
It's comfy as fuck
>that music
>waking up and check what's happened overnight
>>
>>30524578
>the EV training is only useful if you don't have time to actually play the game

I like it because it allows me to continue breeding while the mons EV train on the isle.
>>
>>30524358
It's gonna get real fuckin lively when I export all 550 of my pokemon from ORAS to SM
>>
>>30524358
First time I've ever actively grown my own berries, so it must be doing something right.
Everything else is pretty meh though.
>>
>>30524358
Isle Evelup is inferior to super training. Isle ... whatever, the hotspring one, is inferior to actually hatching eggs or raising happiness yourself. However, taken as themselves, they're harmless. Just put your pokemon there while you're busy with other things so you can multitask. Only issue is the removal of super training, but that's another matter.

The bean island is okay, though I've never gotten a pokemon to stay. The berry island is very nice, I miss being able to customize the routes a little bit by planting berries like in Hoenn, but the island is very, very effective at putting out massive numbers of berries. And the exploration island is again very harmless, but not actually useful. Certainly no Sinnoh Underground, but it's not a replacement for that anyway since that's been gone forever. However, they should just let me buy fucking Ice Stones god fucking damnit I haven't seen one in a week of exploring that fucking cave.
>>
As someone who cannot dedicate 24 hours a day to pokemon this feature is amazing for EV training and leveling.
>>
I love isle Evelup, it's a direct improvement.

Berry farm is also godly, they finally realised that Berries should not be so fucking tedious to amass.

Hot Springs are also really good for a more specific but also useful reason, but unlike the other isles it can sit there being redundant if you don't specifically need to use it - it should have had another extra function like raising Refresh affection or being a slower way of raising EVs.

The item hunting is trash, it just gives you Hard Stones, Float Stones and the 7th Leaf Stone in a row because it's the fourth gen in a row where Dusk Stones are arbitrarily difficult to get - even though THREE, T H R E E families use them this gen AND you can catch Litwick from QR scanner.

Abeen's summons rare, useful pokemon to tease you, then deletes them the next day and offers you the leftover Zubat. Why the need to tease players with stuff they won't get?
>>
I love it.

That means it won't be in Gen 8.
>>
>>30524358
I;m thinkin about thos beans
>>
File: 1e7.jpg (45KB, 428x480px) Image search: [Google]
1e7.jpg
45KB, 428x480px
>>30525529
>>
>Isle Abeens
great way to get shinies passively

>Isle Aplenny
growing berries without the fucking hassle of actually going to certain areas

>Isle Aphun
great way to get shards and stones passively

>Isle Evelup
want to EV trains but aren't in a hurry? this is your island

>Isle Avue
pretty useless compared to feeding your mons rainbow beans, but i still use it

overall great addition, I hope they remove the charizard flying animation and replace it with the festival plaza transition in stars
>>
>>30525055
You do fine without the thrill of existence.
>>
Love/hate it
>spa is really useful for happiness evo mons
>but didnt find this out till last 3 I needed
>cave gives evo stones and maybe other neat stuff
>but tons of junk with 0 value
>rainbow beans make affection/leveling a cake walk
>but why would you ever try this without this knowledge
>berry farm is great
>0 qualms
>training isle is great for people who can't EV train because work/school
>not sure about actually leveling
>charizard fly is cool the first time
>but fucking stupid every other time

Better than the festival plaza which was 30 steps back.
>>
It's pretty good, only problems are the extremely slow egg hatching (takes several days, what the fuck) and the low shard yield from the cave (been using it since I started playing and I still don't have enough for a single bottlecap)
>>
>>30524358

it's got nice potential.

the access to evolution stones (and high-value treasure) is useful.

the ability to EV train up to 18 pokemon is nice (especially since you can train a specific number of EVs)

the springs are a nice, hands-off way to raise happiness.

and the berry fields are some of the easiest to date.
>>
>>30525076
>Isle Fug

I lost.
>>
>>30525068
there is one, I didn't save it though
>>
comfy music
>>
Absolutely love the berry island, so much more convenient than previous games
>>
I like the idea a lot, but there are a few improvements I'd like to see made. I really don't like how you have to remove all of the Pokemon from Isle Evelup once the training sessions are complete- you really should be able to just leave them there if you want them to follow the same procedure. I also feel like you should be able to interact with the Pokemon on the isles more. Maybe you could feed them beans outside of Refresh, or some of them will want to give you items or something- just a small thing that gives them more personality. I say that because Digimon Cyber Sleuth had pretty much the same feature as the Poke Pelago, and while there wasn't as much to do there, it still felt like your Digimon were more active.
>>
>>30525574
>shinies
Wh-what if they don't stay?
>>
>>30524358
Kind of hope they take the opportunity to make a spinoff set of mini games where you could take parties of your pokemon through and find stuff for your main game
>>
Did anyone get any good Pokemon from Isle Abeens?
>>
>>30525574
Avue raises friendliness, not affection
>>
>>30524358
Not bad. I do like how pokemon finally get to do something other than being stuck in the PC box after six generations.

Plus, imagining the daily lives of the Pokemon in Pelago makes for a more interesting spinoff story moreso than Lillie
>>
Having to do a Game Sync every time I go online is annoying. Can't I turn that off?
>>
What's the best way to use the treasure island?
send them out to explore the whole cave or just do the shard hunting to eventually get bottle caps?
>>
>>30527943
Eh I ignore the shards since bottle caps can be fished up on poni island occasionally. I stock up on evo stones.
>>
>>30527896
Got a Lapras. Saved me a bunch of time looking for one to finish the pokedex.
>>
>Chuck all your pokemon in there
>The intelligent psychic types become aware they are in a Matrix-like simulation
>They look around at the common plebs happily munching away on computer generated beans
>Become horribly depressed
>The seeds of the uprising are sewn
>>
>>30524358
It's good, and most people complaining about it, will regret it, when they will remove it from the next game.
>>
>>30524400
so much this
>>
Evelup Isle is exactly what I needed.
>>
>>30524358
Berry island is the best thing.
Treasure island is fine.
EV island works for when you're sleeping/want very specific EV spreads
Bean island is beans. Also got a pyukumuku and trevenant from it, can't complain.
Hotspring island is for ditching excess eggs into that you don't care to manually hatch because you've got better eggs to hatch, but no sense discarding because might be shiny or something.
>>
>>30528013

The islands are real though
>>
>>30525595
>TFW slowly dying inside after childhood
>>
File: unlimited laughter.gif (2MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
unlimited laughter.gif
2MB, 800x600px
>Be lazy as fuck
>Get passive auto-training, auto-capturing, auto-berries, auto-eggs, and auto-stones
>People raise a bunch of shit over easy, harmless, STILL VERY USEFUL things
>And I'm just sitting here, being lazy
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.