[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 7 was perfect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 12

File: Chicken SOUP.png (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken SOUP.png
1MB, 1500x1500px
Prove me wrong

Protip: You can't
>>
File: 45.jpg (318KB, 675x750px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
318KB, 675x750px
I cannot best game since Emerald.
>>
>>30522516
Festival Plaza serves as a gateway to online features rather than just having PSS
>>
Festival Plaza is dogshit compared to PSS.

The post-game is even worse than ORAS.

The handholding/railroading is even worse than XY.

The story is still shit (although Pokemon has never had a good story so this isn't too much of an issue).
>>
>go to breed pokemon
>can send eggs straight to the box
>pc LITERALLY RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING LADY
>still have to jumble though party management instead of just being able to give the breeders the pokemon via the box itself

For fucks sake
>>
10fps
>>
>>30522606
Cry harder sperglord
>>
>>30522516
>It takes literally 5min to pick up three berries
why
>>
>>30522675
Over dramatic and incorrect use of litterally
>>
>>30522729
>litterally
>>
>>30522606
Still handles it better than your favorite generation.
>>
>>30522597
>Daycare also neutered
>Super training removed
>Region downsized
>Minimal new pokemon introduced
>Gen 1 pandering
>Shit battle facility
>Move touters removed
>Male character customization shit once more
>>
As mentioned before, Festival Plaza can fuck right off
SOS battles are a shit mechanic, unreliable when you want it to be and annoying when you're just catching stuff.
Having to be Lv.100 to Hyper Train when the best way to grind is from Lv50-ish Pokémon with the EXP system is terrible design. What made it tolerable in Gen 5 was the fact that you could find Audino everywhere and SM don't have anything like Audino grinding.
Stat distribution and encounter rates for all the new Pokémon are terrible.
The new fishing mechanic is annoying.
Two steps back in regards to EV training.
Lack of actual "dungeon levels". Vast Poni Canyon is really the only one in the game.
A lot of the locations fell flat, like Blush Mountain or Exeggutor Island for example.
PokePelago's F2P-esque model really killed the concept.

That's all that's really coming to mind right now
>>
>>30522516
You're right
>>
> Take two steps
Oh look ANOTHER cutscene to spam A through
>>
File: 1480651553949.jpg (743KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480651553949.jpg
743KB, 1200x1000px
I loved these games a lot, but there's plenty they could have done, should have done, and could have kept from games prior. Surely I'm not the only here suffering the feeling that these games are somewhat to extremely unfinished, right? I'd hate to say it, but I almost want dlc. Sun/Moon felt too much like an expansion pack themselves and desperately need more substance.

But, I mean, this gen gave us Lillie, tho, so obviously it's best gen.
>>
>>30522807
>Minimal new Pokemon introduced
>Literally more than XY

I loved SM, but it's not perfect by any stretch.
>>
>>30522516
Customization was utterly gutted.

Gamefreak idea of variety is 3 pants/shirts/hats and 10000 recolors and half of them are fucking version locked and the only way to access them is an RNGfest.
>>
File: 1480777142457.jpg (94KB, 864x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480777142457.jpg
94KB, 864x960px
>Lack of post-game options to level
>Too many cutscenes
>Trainers only having 1 Pokemon
>>
I could, but all the reasons wouldn't fit in the character limit.

>>30522807
Nursery is way better than the Daycare. No having to worry about overwritten egg moves, and it was always shit for leveling up.
>>
>>30523534

Everything good or bad I have to say about the games pales in comparison to this complaint. I know it doesn't make a difference for gameplay, but as immersive as they seemingly tried to make the games this time around, it killed me how little customization there was. That, and how my character stood there with unblinking eyes and a soulless smile through the majority of the cutscenes. Might as well have been in the T pose the whole time. Again, the games just felt unfinished.
>>
>>30522638
He's right you know
>>
>>30522516
Fuck no, it's far from perfect. I have a whole list of flaws and improves the game could make.

Still, I think it is probably the best pokemon game out.
>>
"Perfect" is definitely not the right word, especially considering there's so many little flaws and annoyances that weren't in previous games.

>>30523591
I feel like they planned on using the original mechanics for the day care but scrapped it late in development. Why do you need to know your pokemon's level while they're in the nursery if they don't level up while they're there?
>>
>>30522892
I like the idea of Pelago but the execution is pretty painful. If beans quartered the time necessary for Isle Evelup and Isle Avue, that alone would make them much better. Having the exp drink give 1000 per round would also be far nicer than what we have now.
>>
>>30522516
Never really been a big fan of Battle Tower and Battle Tree is the exact thing but a slight makeover. Is there anything else to do for the post game, or am I screwed until the next 1 or 2 years?
>>
>>30524042
Other than the UB quest, Elite 4 title defense and the other typical stuff like dex completion there really isn't. Have fun waiting like the rest of us.
>>
>>30522516
>perfect
no but it sure beats the hell out of anything from gen 6. Basically on par with the likes of B2W2 and Emerald. Gen 4's still the best having both Platinum and HG/SS
>>
>>30524092
I did the UB quest and the dex completion myself. The title defense is... disappointing. If the title defense actually worked properly I would've lost to Tristan on purpose and call it a day.
>>
>>30524121
Yeah, I hear that. I love the idea but they dropped the ball hard because of that alone.
There's also the Battle Royal to consider, but that's over with really quickly unless you're obsessive about getting the ribbon on everything you have.
>>
>>30524158
Not really too fond of the Battle Royale. Just sounds like an arena to gang up on a single person or be like "ayye earthquake lmao".
>>
>>30523512
I didn't mean in comparison to other generations, but in general the introduction of less than 100 new pokemon is disappointing.
>>
>>30524265
At least the designs are very good. I'd rather have quality over quantity, I can't decide more than one decent team with just Unova Pokemon but I can with Alola Pokemon. Good thing I'm not into competitive gaming either.
>>
>>30522516
Gen 7 is the tutorial gen of non-existent difficulty.
By far the worst Pokemon experience I ever had
>>
>>30524567
>I used the Experience Share
>>
File: 1478338513294.png (19KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1478338513294.png
19KB, 650x650px
>>30524567
>mfw this was unironically the hardest pokemon I game, objectively speaking

of course Gen 1 was hard, mostly because I was a retarded kid at the time. Nowadays I can sweep champion blue with a level 45 charizard
>>
>>30522754
ORAS did breeding better. You only had to hold the d-pad in one direction (as oppose to spinning the circle-pad, which strains both your thumb and the circle-pad) and you can collect your egg without leaving the path (while you have to dismount your Tauros and exit the autism box every time you want to pick up an egg).

The only thing SM does better is the ability to judge IVs from your PC.
>>
File: 1478003031034.png (486KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478003031034.png
486KB, 1067x800px
>>30524669
mostly because the pokemon selection sucked. Seriously, I didn't think it was possible to have all three starters be awful. God I can't wait until January
>>
>>30522516
No gen is ever the best because in true Game Freak fashion they stripped out two great features for every one they improved.

Pokémon could be so much better if they would quit trying to make every damn game "special" and focused on actually making it good.
>>
File: gay sex with hats on.jpg (113KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
gay sex with hats on.jpg
113KB, 1200x674px
pic related didn't happen
>>
>>30522892
>As mentioned before, Festival Plaza can fuck right off
You missed the 'imo'

>SOS battles are a shit mechanic, unreliable when you want it to be and annoying when you're just catching stuff.
Adreneline orb/use statuses
>Having to be Lv.100 to Hyper Train when the best way to grind is from Lv50-ish Pokémon with the EXP system is terrible design. What made it tolerable in Gen 5 was the fact that you could find Audino everywhere and SM don't have anything like Audino grinding.
I'll give you this one

>Stat distribution and encounter rates for all the new Pokémon are terrible.
Tapus, UBs, slazzle, toxipex, alolan muk, minior and mimikyu are all good to name a few. And the new pokemon are easy to find, i saw at least one of each in the wild exept marinie during the story.

>The new fishing mechanic is annoying.
You forgot to add 'imo'

>Two steps back in regards to EV training.
What, and the 2 fps horde battles were good?

>Lack of actual "dungeon levels". Vast Poni Canyon is really the only one in the game.
Po town, aether paradise, most of the trials

>A lot of the locations fell flat, like Blush Mountain or Exeggutor Island for example.
Imo imo imo

>PokePelago's F2P-esque model really killed the concept.
Your opinions are shit
>>
Game is a 4 hour cutscene fest about a moeshit nadeshiko, her pet fart and her psycho botox lipo mother. Also for some reason there's a bouncing monkey parroting the word malasada.
>>
File: 1480932579912.gif (381KB, 800x835px) Image search: [Google]
1480932579912.gif
381KB, 800x835px
>>30526477
>>
>>30526477
also it's a hallway simulator
>>
File: well.jpg (14KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
14KB, 407x286px
>>30526010
>Unironically thinking festival plaza isn't trash
oh no anon
>>
>>30522516
I'd say it was during the main story, best music, most engrossing atmosphere and most charming characters and the most solid Pokemon designs in a long time, but the lack of post-game and extra places to explore makes it fall off really hard after the main game.
>>
>>30523954
As nice of a harebrained crackpot theory as that is, perhaps they instead removed levelling up at the daycare because of the potential for move deletion as a result of breeding as anon suggested, and because it's entirely trivialized by Isle Evelup's ability to level up 18 Pokemon simultaneously even while not playing the game.
>>
Possibly beat gen but not perfect. Plenty of things that could have been changed for the better imo. Still best gen in 10 years if not of all time.
>>
>>30524042
Battle Royale, breeding, and competitive Pokemon battling.

Has there ever been long-lasting postgame in a Pokemon game ouside of battle challenges, Dex completion, breeding, some more exploration and postgame quests, and competitve battling? Seriously, what are you looking for? SM at least has postgame exclusive areas and two battle facilities that are more intriguing than the Maison, in addition to better storyline and postgame quests.
>>
>>30526477
>moeshit nadeshiko
The fuck kind of weeb terminology am I reading?
>>
>>30523595
further on the topic of lazy model use, whole lotta re used skins in this game. I went to the gamefreak room and battled morimoto; he had the same fucking chunky blue suit skin as the dude who sells shit in festival plaza and the dude who battled me on some random route and then that one dude who was standing in a pokemon center.

Was it always this bad? Obviously I wouldn't count the oldest games of course they're going to reuse a ton of shit.
>>
>>30522807
Who gives a shit about Gen 1 pandering? Vp/ needs to get over Gen 1 already.
>>
File: wow.png (181KB, 480x347px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
181KB, 480x347px
>>30522516
The story ripped off Kirby :^)
>>
>>30522516
It was good, but there were a few things I didn't like
>Serious lack of refightable trainers
>Trainers needed around 1-2 more mons in general
>Nowhere to really explore
>No move tutors
>Pelagio is a bit too slow
Still a huge step in the right direction from 6
>>
>>30522516
PSS was miles better.
Fishing is fucking shit, both in Pokémon selection and that you can only do that in certain spots now.
SOS can be potentially annoying.
Trainer rematches look to be officially dead now bar the restaurant.

The rest of the games are great, I agree.
>>
>>30524705
>Seriously, I didn't think it was possible to have all three starters be awful
This already happened in BW
>>
>>30522516
>males getting worse customization options than last gen
>most of the new pokemon that aren't regional birb and mouse are 10%-5%
>Festival is a good idea on paper but executed poorly
>Still fps drops due to GFs incompetence
>only 1 of each apricot ball per run through
>Fishing is shit
I mean don't get me wrong it's still better than Gen 6 in most aspects
>>>30526793
Morimoto has always used the veteran model to represent himself.
>>
>>30527423
fair enough on the morimoto thing. However I feel like I've seen that particular veteran model and that fucking blue shirted fisher guy EVERYWHERE
>>
>>30522807
I agree with everything but the male customization. Why so many dudes getting salty over that, are you all gay? Do you want to dress your male character like a little princess?
>>
>>30527578
I wanted guzma's jacket
>>
>>30527698
so did I.
that jacket was damn good.
>>
SM is so close to being the best, but it's flaws hold it back.
Hopefully IF they make Stars, they iron out all the flaws.
>>
>>30527578
I want to dress my male character like an action figure, with long trousers and a damn jacket

>>30522807
>>Region downsized
The path to Elite 4 is just shameful. The snow muntain Its just one damn corridor you can cross literally under a minute.
>>
Trials were fun but I missed Gyms both for the experience and gameplay.

For experience because when you beat gym leaders you feel like you are a badass trainer beating veteran players and growing up in ranks, with trials you feel like you are doing turism. They even say literally that several people complete all the trials every year. You aren't special at all, just one kid more that beat all the trials, and despite that you have the chance to become champion.

In gameplay because the trials aren't a challenge, unlike with gyms where you have to beat several trainers and manage your assets properly so you can get to the leader in good health.

Trials should have been an addition to the gyms, not a replacement.
>>
File: catdisgust.gif (1MB, 255x143px) Image search: [Google]
catdisgust.gif
1MB, 255x143px
>>30526010
>this whole post
>>
>>30527578
God forbid a guy take an interest in aesthetics.
>>
>>30526010
your post is one big, irredeemable pile of shit. Literally everything that was said by another anon was an issue, lesser or bigger. Making apologies for every mistake GF has done makes you look like a complete retard or a drone, cant tell which one is worse.
>>
>>30528083
>it disagrees with my completely subjective views therefore it's wrong
>>
>>30528134
>game clearly, undeniably takes few steps back in some areas like lack of dungeons and forced handholding
>but its all okay because everything is subjective

i was away from /vp/ for a long time and came here after finishing the game but holy shit, autism is strong as ever. No wonder this board is a laughing stock.
>>
>>30528093
>>
>>30528175
You are right, we should praise 100% of the game, to hell with people who have any complaints. Everything is perfect and nothing can be done wrong, based japs, literal gods among men
>>
> They intentionally made breeding more difficult than it was in XY. No Friend Safaris for good starting points, and Destiny Knot is BP-locked.
>Hyper Training is more troublesome than its worth, seeing there is no good way to grind Pokemon to Level 100. It also doesn't change IVs so if you're a breeder you're shit out of luck
>SOS doesn't let you check EV gains until you break the chain yourself, and its boring to boot. Resetting EVs is also awfully tedious since Super Training is gone.
>Most new Pokémon that aren't Legendaries or UBs are too frail for their slowness
>Railroading kills any interest to explore uncovered corners of the region. The Bus Ride to Hokulani is especially stupid as fuck.
>Festival Plaza is awfully counter-inituitive like Pelipper Island in PSMD. PSS was an amazing system and they just scrapped it.
>The game framerate tanks in double battles, even on N3DS.
>PokeRide music is awful and disruptive. Very few areas remedy this.
>Trial Captains not being mandatory battles after Totem Mons is a mistake
>>>Egg hatching is still based on steps rather than time. Come the fuck on its the 7th generation.
>>
>>30528284
> They intentionally made breeding more difficult than it was in XY. No Friend Safaris for good starting points, and Destiny Knot is BP-locked.

I remember lot of people compalining in XY because breeding was "too easy" and anyone could breed pokemon now.

So, even if we disagree breeding being a hassle again was something that lot of people asked for.
>>
>>30522516
Good game? Yes
Perfect? No fucking way, there are so many flaws it's hard to count them all
>>
>>30528284
>Egg hatching based on time
That sounds completely abysmal for mass breeding nature/IVs/Egg Moves
>>
>>30528284
Hyper training makes sense to me, if you could train your pokemon ivs in a real way with an easy method then breed with them, then breeding would be pointless.

Hyper training is an alternative to breeding, instead of the hassle of opening 6 billon eggs you have to go the the hassle to kill enough shit to get lv 100 that sure lot of people consider less of a hassle than opening eggs.
>>
>>30527173
To be fair every first entry in a generation lacked move tutors. It's a stupid practice but it's not SM's fault per se
>>
>>30528205
so by your logic, XY and ORAS are good as SM
>>
The music is cool.
The plot, while the narrative is simple af, it's effective and kinda emotional.
The new gen doesn't suck.
Starters are cool.
The champion battle is actually hard and rewarding.

I actually haven't felt this good with a pokemon game since the original Silver, 9/10
>>
>>30530250
Forgot to mention:
EV Training isn't a hassle or annoyance anymore (unless you're impatient and literally have nothing else to do except to play pokemon)
Judge judging in your PC takes away the annoyance of seeing him everytime
You can gather eggs while having a full team so you can pick them later and hatchem all at once

Seriously, they addressed a lot of annoying and tedious things from the last games and improved them dramatically.

Anyone else not realizing this just likes to whine just because.
>>
Hardest Gen ever to level a mon to lv100. What's the fucking point of hyper training if its so damn hard to lv to 100
>>
>>30530315
And lastly:

Ride Pokemon objectively ERASE the concept of "hm slave"

THANKS, GF
>>
>>30530250
>>30530315
>implying sun and moon is flawless
every pokemon game is perfect if you ignore it's blatant flaws.
>>
>>30522516
I'm really just disappointed they always insist on skipping tutors, all it really does is make the new Pokemon miss out on good coverage moves.
>>
>>30526801
How do you expect people to do that when it keeps getting shoved down our throats?
>>
>>30530486
>9/10
>flawless
Anon in charge of fractions.
>>
>>30530585
>a few gen i pokemon are given alolan forms
>samson oak, who is related to these alolan forms
>several kanto z moves to keep gen i pokemon competitive
What other Gen I pandering is there in these games? This isn't XY, where we had literally Viridian Forest, Mewtwo in a cave, and the birds.

Keep in mind that Gen VII panders just as hard to Gen V and VI as it does to Gen I
>>
>>30530871
>Only Gen I Pokemon are given Alolan Forms
>>
>>30524669
>Hardest
you had problems with Lurantis and Wishiwashi huh?
I can accept those where hard battles but those weren't anything else than gangin up two against one with boosts on the foe.
Lusamine, the dragon trial and the league (barring sturdy users) aren't even worth of mention as proper playing is enough to be overleveled with your main pokes with exp share off.
If anything level grinding is harder than Jotho playing without it on and that's it.
>>
>>30524669
Objectively, it is easier than RBY/GSC/RSE but harder than the rest.
>>
>>30522748
got em
>>
>>30531350
Uh yeah, mentioned that. Really can't think of another form of Gen I pandering?

My theory is that they only gave Gen I Pokemon Alolan forms because they are making a sequel of Kanto this generation. It would be a good way for new players to get non-Alolan forms.
>>
>>30531649
Bullshit. I had exp share off the entire time and didn't grind and was around seven to ten levels underlevelled by the end of the game. Hala, Lusamine, Hau, and Mimikyu all whipped me.

They actually designed the game around exp share this time around, it seems.
>>
>>30530871
You also forgot there are more Kantomons in the dex than any other region, including Alola, but I agree it's not overly bad as it was in XY.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.