[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: huh.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
Heya fellas, what's the best PMD in your opinion? I'm thinking I'm gonna get Super, but is there another one I should check out first?
>>
>>30521127

I played Exporers of time and loved that shit, it gan get VERY annoying and unfair sometimes, specially with post-game content (which is a lot btw, is like half of the entire game).

So you should play explorers of the sky, never played it but it's an enhanced version of TIME/DARKNESS AFAIK.
>>
>>30521127
Super has the best gameplay by a fair margin. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

While Gate's gameplay is pretty weak, it's the only game in the entire pokemon franchise that has a good story (melodrama and other little nagging flaws aside)
>>
File: 1449126214168.jpg (73KB, 376x404px) Image search: [Google]
1449126214168.jpg
73KB, 376x404px
>what's the best PMD

Super is the best.

If you're looking for a good entry to start playing PMD games, start with Blue Rescue Team, then Explorers of Sky, then Super Mystery Dungeon. If you play Super first, it'll be very difficult to go back and enjoy past entries.

Red Rescue Team is just an inferior Blue Rescue Team.
Explorers of Time/Darkness are redundant because Sky is both of them combined + additional features.
Gates is a joke gameplay-wise, but the story's not bad. Check out a Let's Play or something.
We don't talk about the Wii games.
>>
File: Zdy3iV5.jpg (59KB, 854x648px) Image search: [Google]
Zdy3iV5.jpg
59KB, 854x648px
>mystery dungeon after Explorers of Sky
>>
>>30521872
>If you're looking for a good entry to start playing PMD games, start with Blue Rescue Team, then Explorers of Sky, then Super Mystery Dungeon. If you play Super first, it'll be very difficult to go back and enjoy past entries.
This. Plus you don't want to waste your money on Super if you aren't sure you like the gameplay yet. And that way you'll appreciate the improvements each sequel brings (along with the references to past games in Super).
>>
>Rescue Team has the largest amount of meaningful content
>Explorers has the best overall package
>Gates has the best story and some neat side attractions
>Super has the best core gameplay
>>
I personally liked sky the best. The stories were just perfect. Super is next fav.
>>
>>30521872
This x100
You HAVE to play them in the order of
Rescue, then Sky, then Super
Do NOT play Super first; it will spoil you too hard, and both Rescue and Sky absolutely deserve to be played
>>
Red/Blue were solid all around. Red is easily the most gorgeous game on the GBA. Plot is decent. Balance was also decent - it was a simpler time with fewer move possibilities and less bullshit, so the balance was pretty fair.

Time/Darkness is the same as Red and Blue but highly refined in almost every way. Plot is better, characters are better, art is better, music is better, gameplay is better. And the game is long as fuck, too - when the credits roll, you're only like half done. There are lategame and postgame moments where the game will just shit on you, though. Some say they're two of the best Pokemon game ever made, let alone just PMD games.

Sky is exactly same as Time/Darkness but with some extra plot padding. If you were considering Time/Darkness you might as well pick this one up instead.

We don't talk about the shitty Japan-only Wiiware shit.

Gates feels unfinished. It reeks of experimentalism where the devs were clearly trying to shift the game into 3D and making it more casual accessible and built for short play. Characters and gameplay are pretty weak, but the plot is actually really solid. It's basically what X and Y were to the main series - fresh, flashy, 3D, but super unpolished.

Super is the polished answer to Gates. They perfected the gameplay, making it much more rapid and challenging while still being fun. Characters are good again, plot is still pretty great.

If you can't play them all play Super and Sky/Time/Darkness. Red is really easy to emulate if you don't want to buy it. Gates isn't great but it's not bad. The order you play them doesn't really matter, though Super does make nods to the ones that came before that you won't catch if you play it first.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.