[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biggest SuMo disappointments?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

File: 1480825620074[1].png (234KB, 1012x547px) Image search: [Google]
1480825620074[1].png
234KB, 1012x547px
>>
Based alien mushroom
>>
File: 084.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>30520655
>What you wanted: A badly designed fan service fungus
>What you got: A cool dude and friend.

what's to be disappointed about?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (152KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152KB, 1400x1400px
>>30520655
What I was expecting
>>
File: 0b8.png (14KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
0b8.png
14KB, 256x256px
>>30521183
What I got
>>
>>30521183
>literally it gets bigger
Toucan is 10/10
>>
>>30521183
>>30521223
Proof that sometimes it's possible to be pleasantly surprised.
>>
>SuMo

Go back to /reddit/
>>
National Dex behind a fucking paywall
UBs don't actually fuck shit up in the story
>>
>>30521366
>>30521383

Toucan is trash. Boxed.
>>
>Battle Tree is just a shitty version of PWT. Only a handful of "battle legends" and a good amount of them are literally whos
>>
File: cmptr_chan.jpg (160KB, 747x521px) Image search: [Google]
cmptr_chan.jpg
160KB, 747x521px
>>30520655
>sumo lel
>y no qt mushroom waifu :(((((

I hope you're cursed with shit internet for the rest of your life so I don't have to suffer your horrible posts as often
>>
>>30520655
>SuMo
>>
>>30521183
I thought for sure it was going to be a Flying/Steel woodpecker bird thing, but instead i got some stupid fucking toucan. This was the first generation where I didn't use the regional bird
>>
>>30520655
I was hoping it just wouldn't evolve.

>Design a nice-looking Pokemon
>Guys upstairs say it needs an evolution
>Shit out something vastly inferior
>>
>>30521751
Uhh....alien mushroom is way cooler than your bad dragon collection.
>>
>>30520655
I was expecting a mushroom ring themed Pokemon and it would turn Poison/Fairy, but meh, this nigguh puts everyone to sleep, saps their strength, ingrains, and then eats their dreams. I still like it. But I want a mushroom ring Pokemon next gen!
>>
>>30520655
my name is mushroom fingers.
and i like rusty spoons
>>
>expect generic parasol mushroom waifu
>get qt bloomers alien mushroom pal
>>
>>30520655
>>30521183
>>30521223
>expecting Gamefreak to do what people expect
>>
>>30521183
I was really hoping for a Steel/Flying woodpecker
>>
>>30520655
>tfw you still can't look at it without seeing jigglysucc :/
>>
>>30520655
>8 million new waifus and you're still not happy
>>
>>30520655

I too was not pleased with diaper dreary.
>>
>>30520655
Lillie never go to catch any pokemon
and I was never able to fight her once she grew a spine
maybe in Stars she can be my new rival
>>
Tsareena's my biggest disappointment personally, design-wise at least. It's a pretty good mon stat-wise.

I don't even really mind waifumons but it's just so...bland.
>>
>>30520655
>Biggest SuMo disappointments?
I think that's the wrong board, here's Pokemon not Sumo
>>
>expected another waifumon
>got a creepy bromon instead

what's the problem here?
>>
>>30521223
>people actually hate the Touclear Device

Incredible, I wouldn't believe such shit taste exists. Then again this board also thinks gen 4 was good so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>30520655
The entire game.
>>
>>30524663
Hey, at least it's better than anything before gen 6.
>>
>>30524627
if you want sumo disapppointments it was letting Goeido and Kakuryu win the last two tournaments instead of cool dudes.
>>
>>30524682
Except it's not. I'd rather play through Diamond AND Pearl than sit through Sun and Moon again.
>>
>>30524723
Well yeah, that's because Diamond/Pearl were your first games so you have a shining rosy nostalgic view of them even though they're objectively the worst games in the franchise, followed narrowly by Platinum and HGSS.
>>
>>30524723
kill yourself
>>
>>30524738
>>30524733
>DUHHH xD UR DUM SUN N MOON R DA BEST GAEMS EVR even though i won't give a legitimate reason why
Give me a single reason why Sun and Moon are superior to anything before Gen 6.
>>
>>30524663
This desu. I'm only on the second island and I think I'm done.
>>
>>30524760
>Give me a single reason why Sun and Moon are superior to anything before Gen 6.
there is none, the games are a fucking slog, the first half is so god damn fucking slow I was thinking about killing myself. Instead I just stopped playing
>>
>>30524663
dunno stopped after the water trial, I just can't keep playing this fucking game
I even finished ruby and it was my personal worst until sm came along
>>
I thought Lillie would be an unimportant underling of Kukui.
Instead she's the driving force of the plot, if she just caught "nebby" like a normal fucking person Lusamine would have to go through Kukui to get to her.

Hell she could have just put Nebby in the goddamn motherfucking PC and made him inaccessible.

This only bothers me because pokemon incessantly tries to tell stories but they can't, they don't know how and when they try it's awkward/ Especially with the motherfucking endless grin your character is sporting.
>>
>>30524801
One little thing that really bugs the shit out of me is that I'm forced to listen to my cutesy pokedex suggest that I look at the new pokemon. What, I have a choice all of a sudden? And if not, why are you throwing up another dialogue box between me and continuing the fucking game?

By no means is it the biggest problem, but it's one of many smaller stupid decisions that went into making this game tedious.
>>
>>30524817
To continue off of this, if she DID try this and Lusamine found workarounds, THAT would be fucking interesting.

But nooooooo Pokemon likes to add these little twists years overdue like the fuggin link cable and parallel dimensions

This franchise is so unaware of its world that people argue over if shit that happened onscreen is canon
>>
>>30524817

Lillie obviously dislikes making Pokemon stay in a Pokeball, especially after Nebbu was being experimented on. What about this do people not understand? Is Pokemon's un-subtle hints and quips throughout the game not enough? Underaged perhaps?
>>
>>30521223
wtf it's just my mom's toucan
>>
>>30520655
Male clothing and hair options.
>making some clothed version exclusives
>>
>>30524867
>No instead stay completely conscious in a bag
Kukui effectively studies pokemon capabilities. Lillie doesn't own Nebby, that animals fate shouldn't be her fucking responsibility if she's going to be like that

Not to mention she fucking plays matchmaker and deliberately creates a situation where Nebby is "Doomed" to a pokeball

Considering the stakes, Nebby shouldn't have a fucking say and Lillie shouldn't pretend as if she allowed him to have a fucking say
>>
Totems are a joke, the only hard one is Mimikyu and that is because the Haunters can put you to sleep.
>>
>>30524924
>mfw i boxed lunala i soon as i got it
>>
>>30524934
still a step up from gym leaders
>>
>>30524867
>This pet owner doesn't want to use sharp devices on her dog after it was stabbed, the surgery is off
Pokemon really stretches how far sentimentality can go before you start to question it. Fucking alien monster wormholes, son.

That's fine, basic lessons so that kids can learn to respect animals and not poke and prod.
But since that's the case they should stop caking on the fucking decorations because I could really do without the pretentious plot.

I happen to love subtle storytelling quirks such as endless fucking smiles, a villain who's plan devolves into harmlessly leaving and needing us to save them, and a fucking critter who could open wormholes in the wrong hands but is so easily subdued you'd have to be a complete retard to let them get anywhere near it
>>
>>30524990
Almost forgot to mention. Pokemon's amazing gameplay and story segregation goes far enough that shit's barely consistent.
Your adventure pals were fucking useless against pokemon created via generations of incest for 20 years before bottlecaps allowed modification of IVs after birth. How absolutely silly.
>>
>Too many new Pokemon are too slow.
>Encounter rate of new Pokemon are too low.
>Some new pokemon should've gotten an evo AKA Komala.
>frame rates drop tremendously in a Totem/double battle.
>Online features took a step down from ORAS.
>Some nerfs of past Pokemon were uncalled for.

Positives.

>Atmosphere is amazing.
>Music is top-tier.
>Story is very interesting.
>Totem battles are challenging as fuck if you keep the exp. share off.
>HM's are gone and replaced with a much more solid alternative.
>Pokemon Refresh is a very big improvement of Amie.
>Most new pokemon designs are awesome.

Honestly, a lot of ups and downs this gen. I still love it a lot for what it is and I'm enjoying it tremendously, but I would be lying if I said this is the best pokemon game yet.
>>
>>30524663
I wasn't even excited for it because they never showed anything that interested me in pre-release and I always expect the first of a generation to be mediocre, and I was still disappointed.

At least with all their flaws, DP had the novelty of online play being an exciting new thing, BW1 had a shit ton of new mons to play around with and new fun battle formats, and XY introduced bar none the best multiplayer functionality of the series yet. SM doesn't really have anything like those for me.
>>
>SuMo
>>
>>30520655
People calling it fucking SuMo.
>>
File: 60164268_p2.jpg (163KB, 1055x1144px) Image search: [Google]
60164268_p2.jpg
163KB, 1055x1144px
>>30520655
My biggest disappointment in Pokemon SM is that nobody's SuMo sized and you battle them in a hot and sweaty close quarters brawl.
>>
>>30521183
I just wanted it to stay a woodpecker and the toucan to be its own line.
>>
>>30525466
>Atmosphere is good
>Totem battles are challenging as fuck if you keep the exp. share off.
>HM's are gone and replaced with a solid alternative.
>Most new pokemon designs are awesome.
those are the actual positives
>>
>>30520655
>SuMo
>haha go back 2 /reddit/ lmao xD

do I fit in yet?
>>
>>30521223
I like all of them but I wish they'd been consistent with a theme.
>Pikipek is just my mom's woodpecker
>Trumbeak is a big woodpecker with a subtle musical instrument theme
>Toucannon is a toucan with a spicy beak(?)
Toucans are at least somewhat closely related to woodpeckers so I'll overlook that, but the instrument theme appears for one stage and then vanishes again. I noticed this kind of thing with a few lines this gen, seemed a bit weird.
>>
File: Battle Tree.png (591KB, 1014x543px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Tree.png
591KB, 1014x543px
>>30520655
>>
>/vp/ hating everything, again

What's new
>>
>>30520943
>cool dude
You could almost call him a fun guy
>>
>>30528109
>>
>>30524898
>making some clothes gender exclusive
>>
>>30524662
>Then again this board also thinks gen 4 was good
Wait last year gen 4 was trash according to /vp/ what happened
>>
>>30528178
Wait didn't you know? /vp/ is one person.
>>
>>30528168
Now you'll tell me you wear skirts?
>>
>>30520655
We didn't need any more waifus. And wouldn't need a split-evolution for Morelull in the future to pander to the thirsty sector of the fanbase. Based Shiinotic wasn't a disappointment. You know what's disappointing here? Your wasted dubs.
>>
>>30528196
You don't?
>>
>>30527922
I agree with this, but even then the Totem difficulty varies wildly from person to person. I beat every trial and trainer up to Olivia first try with nothing but a Wingull before I decided to slow down and try actually using the shit I caught for a change.
>>
Gen 6 had the best online and they ruined it in this Gen.
>>
>>30521223
Another Pidgeot
>>
>>30525466
>Online features took a step down from ORAS
What does this mean exactly? I mean, I only used a few features myself, and what I used is back, so the online features are ok to me at least, but what did they cut out?
>>
>>30521601
this
>>
>>30524990
>a villain who's plan devolves into harmlessly leaving and needing us to save them
You make such a post and then fall on writing this retarded part?

Would you like your loved mom to go into an unreacheable, dangerous planet via portal and never see her again?
>>
>>30520655
The BST, Distrubution and Movepool of the Alola Pokemon
>>
>>30530219
>loved
If Lusamine were my mom I couldn't be happier than she literally went into another dimension.
>>
The size of the dex, how many pokemon don't fucking evolve, and the few alolan forms that were included. They could have done much more and been wildly creative but noooo.

Honestly, I'm more pissed about the non evolvers. All these unique types and movesets but the stats will never compare to the evolution powerhouses we all abuse. It seemed like every time I picked up a poke from this gen, I would learn this is all it will be forever. I mean, cmon, here's two pikachu knock offs in one game and they don't evolve. Here's the first normal and psychic type, doesn't evolve. Here's a hp fish that rapes face, doesn't evolve. Here, have all these mons who don't do anything at all, like a hula Lei and a sea cucumber. AND, we are gonna FEATURE THEM OVER AND OVER. LOOK HOW IT DOESN'T CHANGE, ISN'T IT FUCKING GREAT.

Okay, that's it.
>>
>>30530414
Yeah dude all Pokemon that evolve are great
>>
>>30530571
Okay, I understand what you mean. And I definitely agree that not all pokemon that evolve are great. I just really liked the wonder factor when playing pokemon as a kid. Seeing all the new beasties and having them randomly turn into something was my favorite part. That's why I get butt hurt when I catch something that doesn't evolve. I guess it's petty, but the surprise and wonder was the key factor that made me love this game. Started to get more difficult to surprise myself when they started making more convoluted ways to evolve but I digress. (Looking at you inkay)
>>
>>30527790
>tfw no sumo Hau
>>
>>30520655

How can you hate Shiitboii?
>>
File: boringlizard.jpg (171KB, 1012x547px) Image search: [Google]
boringlizard.jpg
171KB, 1012x547px
who needs personality and design concept when you can just give an evolution decorative markings and giant hands?
>>
>>30531011

P U S S Y W H I P P E D
>>
>>30530219
I didn't know you played as Lillie
>>
>>30521417
>National Dex behind a fucking paywall
I'm pretty sure the national dex is just a free DLC and you can get the pokemon through GTS

>UBs don't actually fuck shit up in the story
Yeah, i'm pretty dissapointed that you didn't have to go to the islands to protect them from the UBs mid game and fight along side with the tapus and kahunas to push them back to the ultra worm holes... but at least we still got a quest chain for them post game i guess
>>
My biggest disappointment was:

>still Zubats in every cave
>Magikarp still a blight on fishing
>Tentacool still all over the oceans
>new Pokemon still pretty rare
>several old Pokemon still all over the place yet most of the new ones are in one location

It's the Johto problem. Everything else I can take or leave, but the distribution wasn't always great.
>>
>>30520655
>wanting even MORE waifub8 over a unique ayy lmushroon
No, fuck you.
>>
>>30520655
>actually wanting ANOTHER waifumon
>>
>>30530414
The dex really falls flat on type diversity imo
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.