[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Region Draw Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: pokemon region.jpg (357KB, 1181x709px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon region.jpg
357KB, 1181x709px
What do you want in region 8?

Draw it
>>
File: map.png (32KB, 1487x1200px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
32KB, 1487x1200px
Might as well post a concept I have.

>towns with numbers have gyms
>dark green is forests, blue is caves
>everything outside the purple barrier is postgame
>region is based on chugoku and shikoku regions, it's in between hoenn and johto
>the path that leads offscreen to the east leads to the area in hgss west of cianwood
>6th gym is set in a war-torn region inspired by hiroshima
>the cave in the northwest that kinda looks like a dick is really big and connects to one of the earlier caves, but ledges prevent you from going back

Basically I want a game with a huge postgame and lots of areas you can get lost in.
>>
I actually wouldn't mind if the games goes back to Japan again, it's been awhile
>>
>>30520584
is that supposed to be similar to the baltic region or something? looks nice desu
>>
As someone in the UK I'd be very pleased with something similar to western/northern Europe with UK being more grass based as an island, Spain being fire, Ice/water for the Nordic countries in the north, France/Germany as a mainland.
If you had it like Gen 7 with Island gods, Spain would be a Fire type Bull pokemon, Nordic would be Ice type Viking inspired and UK would probably have a pigeon or a fucking umbrella.
>>
File: Choku Region Map.png (84KB, 1203x892px) Image search: [Google]
Choku Region Map.png
84KB, 1203x892px
>>30520584
Small Region, maybe not large enough to support a league but it's North of Hoenn so trainers could go there instead. Capital is the second City (red) from the left. The region is temperate although humid, not as much as Hoenn but definitely warmer than Kanto or Johto. Directly South of the region is Hoenn and there is another island Region South-East of it, in addition there would be at least one region East of it that is also west of Johto, whether a connection should be formed depends on what you'd want.
>>
I see a lot of people on /vp/ shilling for a Scandinavian region, I think it has some potential
>three formerly warring kingdoms currently in a golden age of peace and prosperity
>9 gyms and 3 mini-leagues split equally between them, with a grand regional league in a neutral territory in the far north
>can't travel to another kingdom until you've beaten the mini-league of whichever one you're in and get a special visa stamp in your passport
>villain team is a nationalistic faction that wants to take over the kingdoms and rebuild an ancient poké-kalmar union
>postgame iceland
>good blend of modern urban sprawl and cozy traditional snownigger villages
>johto and sinnoh regional variants
Am I at least getting somewhere with this?
>>
Italy or Greece
>>
>>30523353
>villain team is a nationalistic faction

Fuck off with this dumb shit loser, can you just leave pokemon alone at least? Fuck.
>>
>>30523353
this is really really good
>>
>>30523777
But anon, the New York Times an The Guardian told me nationalism is the evil of our time :^)
>>
>>30523777
Get the fuck out faggot.
>>
>>30523777
I'm not really talking about /pol/-tier 1488 horse shit, but I couldn't think of a better description off the top of my head. Besides, retarded popular political movements far-right or otherwise are a pretty big part of modern European history and it creates a somewhat plausible source of conflict in such a region that doesn't sound like contrived bullshit while being benign and broad enough that you can easily dumb it down and defang it for a general audience.

What would you propose as an alternative, anyway? I think the biggest snag would be integrating battles into it that don't feel weird and forced like a lot of previous games have them.
>>
File: Kino Region.png (67KB, 1218x788px) Image search: [Google]
Kino Region.png
67KB, 1218x788px
Is this region-kino?
>>
File: 1473417619807.jpg (2MB, 1150x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1473417619807.jpg
2MB, 1150x1500px
>>30521081
sounds dope to be quite honest family. what would the starters be?
>>
>>30523985
>it's china
b-but anon, we already had a region based on shanghai
>>
>>30524270
It's not sideways.
>>
>>30523968
Why?

>>30523973
Well if SM didn't already do it, I'd say some insane old lady with a fucked morality trying to flood the region full of dangerous beasts that could destroy everything would be the most suitable parallel to current European events. I get that you were trying to draw parallels to major events in European history. I'm just sick of people going all "OMG le evil far-right racists" like that's the biggest issue of our time when in reality they are just average people trying to protect their home from a bloodless invasion that has occurred. I'm sure some fucking redditor will voice his objections like he's some hero for parroting the brainless view presented through the mainstream media though.
>>
>>30523777
Whats wrong with nationalism? Its the only way countries have continued to exist to this point, once a country loses its sense of being it collapses into nothing.
>>
>>30524525
Yes I know, I share your sentiment
>>
File: xbreed.png (34KB, 884x806px) Image search: [Google]
xbreed.png
34KB, 884x806px
A crossbreeding mechanic for one family.

Suppose there's a Pokemon with three different forms, each with different stat distributions and abilities (so each is viable) - one poison, one ice and one electric. Breeding one form with another will result in a "mule" - a separate species (also with three forms) that itself cannot reproduce (put it in the undiscovered group)

Electric + Poison = Electric/Poison
Electric + Ice = Electric/Ice
Poison + Ice = Poison/Ice

You'd basically get six pokemon for the price of two.
>>
>>30524486
Liberal idealism. That's good villain material.
>>
>>30524486
It wasn't really my intention to convey it that way, as I said it just sounded like a plausible source of conflict that can be easily converted into a pokemon story while not triggering the shit out of autists like me that can't really stand the kind of shitty simplistically motivated teams of previous games without making the deeper side of it painfully obvious.

I don't know if such an idea would even be "nationalistic" considering their goal is creating a unified state, you could probably take it both ways depending on how you look at it. They want to create a utopia for three broadly similar peoples, or annihilate their unique identities altogether in their pursuit for a naive, unreachable ideal.

we actually pretty much agree with each other, by the way

>>30524606
That would be a pretty sweet gimmick with a lot of room for expansion, I like it.
>>
File: FovonRegion.png (58KB, 637x320px) Image search: [Google]
FovonRegion.png
58KB, 637x320px
Sorry it's not a drawing but I did plan a pretty neat region based on south-west England for a fangame I probably won't ever finish. Fortune Terrace is the pokemon league expy. Cornwall area is postgame. A few towns aren't named yet.
>>
>>30525406
This is incredibly detailed and the use of Gen 5's map styling is rather impressive, how do you do it?
>>
>>30525406
Pleases the shit out of my autism, pretty good.
>>
>>30521081
>Bridges
No plz no, make a continental region that has no bridges like Sinnoh.
>>
>>30525436
Lots and lots of sampling. All the textures are basically just stolen from the Unova map and from deviantart tutorials. They're then layered together in paint.net. For the detailed outlines, I threw in a map of south-west England and literally just traced over it. The fancy water effect uses paint.net's crystalize effect to get that uneven feel.

Hope this helps. Gen 5 maps are honestly easier than gen 4 maps once you have the techniques down.
>>
>>30525528
I can see what you did now, you did a pretty damn good job with the mountains though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.