[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason to use this thing over protoninja?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: ashgreninja.png (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ashgreninja.png
119KB, 500x500px
Is there any reason to use this thing over protoninja?
>>
>>30520379
You can re-enact your favorite episodes when you eventually lose a battle to a Charizard X with blast burn
>>
>>30520379
late game cleaner with stab special priority water shuriken, it's a niche I guess
>>
>>30520379
Fucking this right here >>30520399
actually i've heard it is a good late game sweeper but i always fucking murder it before and after it BATTARU BONDU so i literally don't know if they are lying or everyone they fight are fucking retarded try it out yourself to truly know
>>
It's perfectly viable. You just need to time when to switch it out and kill something weakened to activate its ability, get the boosted stats, and proceed to sweep everything.
>>
>>30520379
You hit harder with Protean Greninja but this thing has stronger priority and is faster.
>>
it's a mega done right since both versions are equally good
>>
>>30520750
You'll only hit harder on non-water/dark attacks. Water/Dark attacks hit harder.
>>
Going full
>MOTTO MOTTO STUYOKU
>>
>>30520379
To force people to remember that Ash sadly still exists
>>
>>30520379
It counts as a separate Pokemon Forme from Regular Greninja (In the code, This form of Greninja can only have Battle Bond), so when Protean/Torrent Geninja becomes banned, you still have a usable Battle Bond Greninja.
>>
>>30523107
That's interesting. That wasn't the case with other Pokemon that got unique abilities, like those Basculin in BW, right? I wonder if it's because the ability itself also makes it undergo a forme change. Does the Zygarde with Power Construct also behave like that?
>>
>>30520915
I will never understand why the fuck they didn't just make this thing a Mega.
>+100 BST bonus
>rainbow light appears in both Mega Evolution and Battle Bond animations, only difference is BB is obscured by the ball of water so you only see glimpses
Just handwave some shit about how Ash is so special because he can transform Greninja without a Mega Stone and call it a fucking day.
>>
>>30520379
can battle bond be passed/bred?
>>
>>30523227
no
>>
>>30523227
>>30523243
In fact, it can even breed at all if I recall correctly.
>>
>>30523243
can it breed at all?
>>
>>30523281
>it can
Fuck. Can't, I mean.
>>
In the demo, it always had a Hardy nature, but when I received it in Sun it has a Naughty nature, so does that mean that players can soft reset for the nature that they want?
>>
>>30523349
Yes, you can soft reset for a viable nature.
>>
>>30523349
Yes. It's locked in the demo though.
When I was softresetting, I must've gotten a Hardy nature about 10 times in a row, so I thought it was all bullshit about the natures and almost gave up
>>
>>30523371
Fuck, I wish I knew that earlier. I just got it because I thought it would also be Hardy locked like the demo. Shoved it into my PC box two weeks ago without even looking at it again till today.
>>
what's a good moveset for it?
>>
>>30523298
It really is like Ash.
>>
>>30523468
bump
>>
>>30523468
Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Water Shuriken, Extrasensory
>>
>>30524641
isn't that for protoninja though? (replacing hydro pump with water shuriken)
>>
>>30523205
Actually it is +110 BST
>>
>>30520379

640 bst vs normal protoninja 530 bst
>>
>>30524641
Go hybrid with Night Slash instead of Dark Pulse, imo. Helps you hit special walls. Psychics usually have shit def anyway. Also crit hax.
>>
>>30524822
I sr for a Naive nature and noticed the iva were always the 3 maxed out in attack special attack and speed. And the evs are full speed and attack and spec att split right in the middle. Leave like that or reset on of its attacking stats?
>>
>>30523468

Water Shuriken
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Coverage as needed for your team

It's basically the same as Protean Greninja, you just trade a little power for speed, and gain a powerful priority move.
>>
>>30524822

Night Slash is a fucking terrible idea, anon.

> Base 95 attack before transforming
> A physical contact move in the current meta
> Night Slash has only 70 base power
> STAB Dark Pulse is crazy good, very spammable, has the 20% chance to flinch
> Between Water Shuriken and Night Slash, you have no good STAB moves.

The only reason you'd use a physical move is Gunk Shot for Fairies.
>>
>>30524978
Good point, anon. Thanks for your insight

Brb TM'ing Dark Pulse
>>
>>30524846
So timid was the way to go. Damn i went naive just in case
>>
>>30524846
would giving it Hydro Pump as the 4th move be wise? i already have a psychich type mon and don't want to give Greninja Extrasensory.
>>
>>30525026
Boosted Water Shuriken has virtually the same power.
>>
>>30525559
still?
>>
>>30525559
90 bp stab vs 175 bp stab
Not really. Hydro is far more powerful.
>>
>>30520379
One of the best late game cleaners? Fast as fuck with strong priority, hit almost as hard as protean?

Granted, you need to kill something first, but it's not hard.

It's a medium risk high reward. And basically mega with item.
>>
>>30523202

Correct.
>>
>>30525026
>>30525559

Well, Dark Pulse and Hydro aren't as important to Protean Greninja because it gets STAB on everything. Hydro Pump is used because it's Greninja's strongest attack.

It's more important to Battle Bond Greninja because the loss of Protean doesn't affect it, and it gives you a good neutral coverage option before transforming.

It's up to you whether you want it. You already have Water Shuriken though, so maybe go for some coverage moves instead.

Battle Bond Water Shuriken has 58.5-ish base power. Always hits 3 times, 30% damage boost. Hydro is roughly twice as powerful, but lacks priority.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.