[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will the anime screw up the Aether Foundation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

How will the anime screw up the Aether Foundation
>>
>>30517087

I doubt they'll even show up. SM seems to be going the episodic comedy route, and Anime!Lillie is compeltely different from Game!Lillie.
>>
>>30517087
They'll hype up Skull and Guzma as the villains and pull a switch last second. Then after that they'll have an Ultra Beast Movie.
>>
>>30517087
Theyre good there, end
>>
>>30517152
she is literally the same the only difference is that her mother hasn't become insane yet and she is a little bit younger.
>>
>>30517202
Does she even have Nebby
>>
>>30517087
They're not going to appear at all.
>>
>>30517202
They're "the same" in the same sense that anime and game Bianca are the same. The character's main bulletpoints are there, but they're obviously very different.
>>
>>30517224
he/she is in the bag
>>
>>30517293
Barry's another good example. Both versions have a short attention span and threaten to fine people, but without his relationship to the player and the other rival, he's missing a big part of what his character was about. Lillie is a very similar case. She has a similar personality, but in the games the core of her character comes from how she reacts to the situation she's in. If you take away the whole bit about running away from Aether with Nebby, then you're taking away she made her who she is.
>>
>>30517202
Game!lillie was never afraid of pokemans.
>>
>>30517087
I bet they're gonna change the lusamine part and just show that something happened during an experiment in Aether and that's how ash is going to meet the UBs

Gladion is going to appear in the anime and probably Mohn just for the you look very similar joke
>>
File: blurred limes.jpg (289KB, 1378x2039px) Image search: [Google]
blurred limes.jpg
289KB, 1378x2039px
>>30517739
Really, I can see Gladion being the Paul of the season. There's really no reason for him not to be, given Plumeria will almost certainly be ignored entirely.
>>
>>30517087
How will the anime screw up everything more like. Can't wait to see how they butcher Gladion.
>>
>>30517530
She was afraid of Spearow at the beginning of the game
>>
>>30517949
I think he's going to be the joke character that tries to be mature and dark but he ends being ridiculed by ash or his friends
>>
Honestly the game already fucked up the Aether Foundation.
It can't get any worse. I hope Wicke the thicc shows up though.
>>
>>30517987
Because they may have attacked her, does not mean she's just straight up afraid of them.
>>
>>30517987
Only because she didn't have other pokemon to fight them off.
>>
>>30517987
She was afraid of heights, not Spearow.
>>
>Sun/Moon has some of the deepest, serious, most interesting plotlines in the entire series, with some of the more considerable character growth of the series
>they focus on making the anime a cartoony SoL

WHY.
God, they did this with B/W too, yet XY's shitty villain team gets portrayed 100% seriously.
>>
>>30517987
I assumed she was afraid of walking on the rickety old bridge, considering she said her legs were shaking too much to rescue Nebby, and the player character continually stumbles on the way out.
>>
>>30518436
Deep? How is it deep?
>>
>>30518436
Ash would've ruined it anyway. Look at Best Wishes.

Seriously we need a new protagonist, not Ash.
>>
>>30518535
I'll admit I used that more as a buzzword, but in comparison to, say, the original games, the writing is certainly less superficial.
>>
>>30518535
Gladion and Hau, also Lillie, have actually decent character development, or at least come out of their shells.
>>
>>30517328
That can't possibly be the same Nebby.
>>
>>30517202

The general framework is the similar, but Game!Lillie is shy and reclusive due to her bad relationship with her mother.

Aside from her fear of touching Pokemon, Anime!Lillie is less shy than her game counterpart.
>>
>>30518748
Game!Lillie isn't afraid of Pokemon, she's afraid for them.
>>
File: astro_flannery_and_ub04.jpg (146KB, 540x584px) Image search: [Google]
astro_flannery_and_ub04.jpg
146KB, 540x584px
>>30517087
I'm more concerned about how they'll handle Ultra Beasts.
>>
Both Lillies are generic anime girls there isn't shit to ruin

Game Lillie put the planet in danger by not keeping a weak as fuck pokemon in a ball like a functioning human being
>>
>>30519169
I thought it wouldn't stay in.
>>
>>30518825
Guzzlord better be a huge asshole
>>
>>30518825
Ideally, the Ultra Beasts would be incorporated like regular Pokemon, perhaps preceded by a small arc in which the threat needs to be taken care of, first. They could come up with some wacky antics with the UBs.

Of course, that depends on how they'll handle the whole "parallel timeline" aspect of things.
>>
>>30519422
Cosmog is fucking weak. It would
>>
>>30519169
It's established that Pokemon can escape their Poke Balls if they really want to. Remember Yellow? Pikachu doesn't like being in a ball and so it gets out as early as level 5.
>>
File: shrugging_johto_astronaut.jpg (169KB, 628x872px) Image search: [Google]
shrugging_johto_astronaut.jpg
169KB, 628x872px
>>30519449
D-do you mean for the anime?
>>
>>30518825
Buzzwole and Luchacat will have a manly rivalry.
>>
>>30518825
They'll be relegated to movies.
>>
anime is a prequel
>>
>>30522053
Likely scenario, actually.
>>
>>30518436
And they still screwed up with Flare because instead of the whole thing with the ancient weapon in the game, they just went for brainwashing Zygarde to apocalypse everything.

And for some reason a giant stone Zygarde thing showed up
>>
>>30522205
It felt like OLM fucked the Flare plot because they weren't sure where to go with them in terms of legendaries. Once Masuda revealed Zygarde's "true" form, they went with that instead and kind of rushed things.
>>
>>30518535
Tbf he said deepEST
>>
>>30518436
It's comfy as shit and perfectly captures the hawaiian theme rather than some generic greenglowing grassland over and over tho. I never knew i'd say it, but what we got is probably what works best for the pokemon anime
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 611x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 611x320px
>>30518825
Every body take your bets right now.
Movies or Show.
>>
>>30518825
most likely movies, but it would be funny if they make the UB movies into some sort of parody of old monster/alien movies or something of the sort
which most likely never happen
>>
>>30517224
probably that egg
>>
>>30523026
I wanan say "show" but I can't rule out the potential they have for movies completely.

>>30523029
Guzzlord is movie material, but he's the only UB that's destructive enough for it. Nihilego might be too much for show or movie. The others could go either way but aren't QUITE nefarious enough for it.

Above all, I don't qualify Necrozma as an UB (mostly) and think it deserves a movie first as a friend of Marshadow
>>
>>30517202
Are Anime!N and Game!N the same too? They both love Pokemon, so they must be, right?
The fucking anime ruined Lillie. She's cute and all, but she has no character.
>>
>>30522053
SM movies are gonna be weird. For the most part, they're mainly serious. I can imagine a Marshadow movie being mostly comedic/cute, but shit involving Necrozma, Kartana, etc is gonna feel awkward in comparison.
>>
>>30523103
Nihilego, Buzzwole and maybe Pheramosa all seem like they'd fit into the show. I like the idea someone said about Buzzwole and Incineroar being rials.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.