[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the reasoning behind the starters having a 87.5/12.5%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: 1480510766282.png (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1480510766282.png
1MB, 1500x1500px
What is the reasoning behind the starters having a 87.5/12.5% gender ratio? Always thought it has to do with breeding but that would be dumb.
>>
It has to do with breeding.
>>
It is because of breeding, though Ditto's existence makes it somewhat redundant.
>>
It is breeding. Female starters are preferred for breeding purposes if a ditto isn't available
>>
Probably to breed them less. It's kind of bullshit though, because if I remember right there were ditto just outside the breeding area in G/S and if my dumbass kid self could guess that dittos can breed with anything I imagine it never really slowed down anything
>>
Lore-wise starers are rare creatures, so a low number of females just makes since otherwise how else could they be rare. Game-wise no clue.
>>
>>30513496
Every endangered species and Fossilmons also share the 87.5/12.5 gender rate. I guess that canonically, starter Pokémon are endangered species and most of them are domesticated and are very rare in the wild. Friend Safari is not included because is a manmade place.
>>
>>30513682
I don't think starters have ever been stated to be rare. You almost never see them in the wild which might indicate that, but it could also just mean that they just are normally found in some other regions
>>
>you will never eat chicken-chan soup
>>
Is that cauldron from that obscure Wii game that would predict your future or something?
>>
>>30513496
starters can (could? i havent tested for a while) interbreed with eachother.

for instance charizard can breed with blastoise, giving you a charmander with a water move from an egg.

that's why the difference, so this remains relatively unknown.
>>
>>30515241
are you retarded?
>>
>>30515069
Kirby's final smash in Brawl. He summons a pot.
>>
>>30515284
,ah, boil-up kirby, my favourite of all kirbys
>>
>>30515274
what's retarded about this? it's true isn't it?

I did it myself in gen 2
>>
>>30515274
no hes correct
http://pokemon.answers.wikia.com/wiki/What_happens_when_you_breed_a_Blastoise_and_a_Charizard
>>
>>30515411
>>30515470
charmander can breed with squirtle but it cant fucking get water moves, morons
>>
>>30515495
yes it can.

using this method i had a meganium with water gun or some other water move long ago.
>>
>>30515542
>meganium
>charmander
fucking hell the level of retardation on this board is astronomical
also meganium cant get fucking water gun either
i just realised this is probably bait so i'm done, enjoy being retarded
>>
>>30515241
>>30515470
Can't tell if Go kiddies or just baiting
>>
>>30515602
the point is whens starters breed they can end up with moves that werent there own type (or could in gen 2, i havent tried it since.)

you must be a newfag.
>>
>>30515631
I can actually confirm this as i did it back in gold but i can't find data about it on google.
>>
>>30515631
>>30515699
>>30515542
It could have been a glitch or unknown bug like duplicating items and pokemon during that gen. Somebody should test it in current gen.
>>
>>30515728
There was a glitch with ditto that copied Charizard's moveset into Flareon.
It was useful for once.
>>
>>30513496
It's breeding, but it's more likely so you can't just breed an army of starters off the bat.
And/or trade for your friends' starters and make an army of those.
>>
>>30515610
No, you are just an idiot.

Everyone I knew knew this.
>>
>>30515631
Every Pokemon can do that, they're calling you a tard because Charizard and Meganium can't learn water gun (or any water type moves at all) as egg moves
>>
>>30515834
only, they could. it's just not documented. I'm not even that guy.
>>
>>30515905
I can't remember what move it was but I saw it too
>>
>>30515932
I literally had a chimchar with some water move because of this. I remember this.
>>
>>30513496
>Always thought it has to do with breeding
It does
>but that would be dumb.
It is
>>
>>30515905
>I'm not even that guy.
Don't you mean that kid?
>>
>>30516021
I'm 29.

thats how i played gen 2. dumbass.
>>
>>30516042
don't worry, /vp/ is full of people who started in gen 3 and get all info from wikis instead of playing the non remakes.

I had a conversation with people here who didn't even believe the cable duplication methods of gold and silver worked because of a similar case, not documented on their site and they never played (but played the remakes).
>>
>>30516175
Also ppl who couldn't get mew in gen 1
>>
>>30515905
>it totally works there's just no proof
That's not how that works
>>
>>30516748
go try it yourself. that's proof enough.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.