[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speculation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

So, we all finished SM, right? Now we're waiting for the next game... but something is funny: This is the first generation in a while where we don't have any idea of what could be next

I think its the first time they announced EVERY pokémon but one (Marshadow)... even Necrozma, the rumored "third" legendary (remember the filename from SM's website?) was announced on CoroCoro just a day before SMs launch...

Even in XY we had more stuff to discover, like Hoopa, Volcanion, Mega Latios/as, and a lot of easter eggs pointed to ORAS, and even to SM (Strange Souvenir)

We also know of the 7th gen codename: "Niji", that loosely translates to "Rainbow". I don't really think they would release a multi-gen game, but think it's more of a pun on the "7 colors" of the rainbow... still, something funny happens on the SM OST files...

As always, we have the files in the next format
"bgm" or "me" (for background music or musical effect) followed by "nj" or "xy" (determining if it's a niji song or xy song) and then the code or name of the file, usually a short description

but then, there are some bgm files called "bgm_nj_niji01" ranging from 01 to 05

bgm_nj_niji01 = (SM) Nanu's Theme
bgm_nj_niji02 = (XY) Trainer Battle Theme
bgm_nj_niji03 = (BW) Elite Four Theme
bgm_nj_niji04 = (ORAS) Wally's Last Battle Theme
bgm_nj_niji05 = (B2W2) Colress's Battle Theme

We could think these songs would be exclusive from the battle tree, right? but then, WHAT THE HELL is Nanu's theme doing there?

Have you found something interesting or some kind of easter egg for the next game? do you really believe Stars could be just a 3rd version?
>>
They didn't reveal the Alolan Geodude line prior to release.
Actually, Golisopod, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Mareanie, Toxipex, Crabominable, Dewpider, Aquaracnid, Shiinotic, and Salazzle were all unreleased until after the games came out.
>>
>>30509774
but they revealed them officially on the guides and stuff...

they also updated the website with all pokémon in aloladex when the games came out in EU, since they got the game one week after US release
>>
File: CvlB3aWWAAABm6R_orig.jpg (73KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
CvlB3aWWAAABm6R_orig.jpg
73KB, 800x542px
>>
File: mareanie.jpg (74KB, 540x383px) Image search: [Google]
mareanie.jpg
74KB, 540x383px
>>30509774
Mareanie was accidentally revealed on the box of the new TCG packs before release.
>>
>>30509677
One things for sure is the next games will be either Sun 2 and Moon 2 or Diamond and Pearl.
I don't believe the Stars rumor
>>
It'll probably be a trip back to Kanto with Lillie.
>>
>>30510036
>one thing for sure is a game i pulled from my ass
>i dont believe other people ass
>>
>>30510036
Stars could just be a codename for DP remakes or sequels you dipshit
>>
>>30510211
still, launching a remake game on a different console (Switch) doesn't make much sense
>>
>>30510036
The one bitch that said Stars is real also said femlink was playable in Zelda BOTW.

Thing is though, it seems like there is some female version of Link teased in the newest BOTW trailer.
>>
>>30510271
Switch is effectively replacing both the Wii U and 3DS. It makes perfect sense for the next game to be on it.
>>
>>30509677
>bgm_nj_niji02 = (XY) Trainer Battle Theme
>bgm_nj_niji03 = (BW) Elite Four Theme
>bgm_nj_niji04 = (ORAS) Wally's Last Battle Theme
>bgm_nj_niji05 = (B2W2) Colress's Battle Theme

>cant use these outside of battle tree matches

REE anon, REEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee
>>
>>30510370
yeah, as in NEXT GAME not REMAKE
>>
File: CysykiGWEAAPyxo.jpg (234KB, 1067x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CysykiGWEAAPyxo.jpg
234KB, 1067x1200px
SM2/Stars? idk expanded story plus gyms comeback (look at those empty places), rematch possibility, battle frontier AND maybe a few more mons/forms...
>>
>>30509677
>Even in XY we had more stuff to discover
Reminder that XY still has an event Pokémon that's not released.
>>
File: 1474712613823.png (276KB, 734x660px) Image search: [Google]
1474712613823.png
276KB, 734x660px
>>30510434
It certainly smells like we might get Sun / Moon 2
>>
File: CxT7X1CXcAAkNuY_orig.jpg (30KB, 680x504px) Image search: [Google]
CxT7X1CXcAAkNuY_orig.jpg
30KB, 680x504px
>>30510434
almost forgot about this...?

how many places like this are there in alola?
>>
File: xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw.png (515KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw.png
515KB, 640x451px
>>30510434
Don't get your hopes up.
>>
it's obviously going to be a kanto sequel or remake.

>alolan forms are all Gen 1
>playable characters are both from kanto
>lillie is going to kanto
>kukui got btfo in kanto
>red/blue both visit
>bill is mentioned
>nugget bridge is referenced

That on top of the recent Pokemon Go explosion and normie nostalgia boom, Red 2 and Blue 2 is definitely the next installment
>>
>>30510420
3DS already got it's remake with ORAS.
>>
>>30510797
As long as they are sequels and not a remake I could deal with it. With some luck we'll be able to visit Johto too but I wouldn't count on it.
>>
I want a Sinnoh remake but I worry if it would be done well.

I also would not mind a Kanto return but not a remake, instead a sequel. Taking place at the time that Lillie goes to Kanto, the region also has changed since a lot of time has passed. They could even expand upon it. It could be pretty good.

I don't see any direct sequel taking place in Alola ala B2W2.
>>
>>30510797

I would be up for a new red and blue.
Just don't make it the same game from the original or the johto rework and I'm sold
>>
>>30510434
hopefully pokemon contests
>>
>>30510370
>Switch is effectively replacing the 3DS
I don't see it happening. /vp/ can't shut up about it, I see it as bullcrap.
>>
File: 1457543779745.png (171KB, 378x314px) Image search: [Google]
1457543779745.png
171KB, 378x314px
>>30510820
Is that supposed to be a """pattern"""? Tell me more about it...
>>
>>30511022
If you are gonna pull that card then I can pull it too towards your argument.
>>
Sun/Moon 2 isn't happening. Black/White 2 are the worst selling games in the series.

Diamond/Pearl remakes aren't happening yet. It'll have been only 3 years since ORAS.

It's going not going to be named Stars but it's going to be a 3rd version for 3DS and Switch.

Just accept it already.
>>
>>30510975
Nintendo said exactly the same thing they said regarding the DS and GBA about the 3DS and Switch: That the DS would totally not be replacing the GBA and that GBA support would continue. We already know that the Wii U is done for and that production has even stopped.

Furthemore, SM can't even run on the 3DS properly without risking the damn portable to explode when more than 3 pokemon models are on the screen at the same time. Do you seriously think they will keep at it like that? C'mon. I know Gamefreak is dumb but not THAT dumb. You can easily tell all the signs of rushing and totally not for you to explore in the next game in SM too. Look at the 8 totally not for gyms squares with nothing in them for example.
>>
>>30511211
Holy fuck I didn't even notice there were 8 construction squares
I knew there were some around the islands but I never counted them
I'm not the same person you replied to btw
>>
>>30510699
8. It's gyms.
>>
>>30511211
I just don't think that the Switch will capture the Nintendo handheld market. It's a hybrid, it's comparable to the failure that was the Wii U, it's not comparable to the DS-GBA transition. Sure gamefreak will probably release spin-offs for it, but I don't see it becoming the main nintendo platform. But that's all speculation, it will all really depend on how successful the Switch ends up being. At the end of the day, if Nintendo decides to give up on continuing a pure handheld console line, I think they will relinquish a huge part of their market fully to mobiles.
>>
>>30511361
Nintendo just like Gamefreak keep thinking that their biggest competitor is the phone market without realizing like anyone with half a brain that people who play with their phones don't give a shit about consoles and vice-versa and therefore the markets don't overlap.
>>
>>30511164
>Sun/Moon 2 isn't happening. Black/White 2 are the worst selling games in the series.
Not true, Emerald and Crystal only sold somewhere in the low 6millions

>Diamond/Pearl remakes aren't happening yet. It'll have been only 3 years since ORAS.
You probably said the same thing about RS remakes faggot, try again.

>It's going not going to be named Stars but it's going to be a 3rd version for 3DS and Switch.
Again, just as much of a speculation as Stars.
>>
>>30510358
>it seems like there is some female version of Link teased in the newest BOTW trailer
Wouldn't be surprised if it was just Zelda
>>
>>30511437
I don't think it's about veterans or older people that play on their phones. It's more about little kids that eat phone shit up like nothing else that are actually overlapping. The mobile market is also bigger in Japan as well. There's an undeniable overlap in smaller ages. Kids just get into phone games early on with mom's or dad's phone and GF want to capture that audience like they did as 20 years ago.
>>
File: IMG_20161027_164345.jpg (21KB, 530x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161027_164345.jpg
21KB, 530x284px
What about DLC, guys? We already have a big patch coming with the whole national dex, right?
>>
>>30511642
>What about DLC, guys?
GF doesn't do DLCs. Thank fucking god. DLCs are cancer.
>>
>>30511679
Not necessarily. For example Rockstar Games releases decent DLC (GTA IV: TLAD and TBOGT). It depends on the type of dlc, the cost, and the studio producing it.
>>
>>30511642
Yeah, just like XY got a Z DLC and ORAS got a Emerald and Battle Frontier DLC. I'm looking forward to the Eclipse DLC too anon.
>>
>>30511728
Yeah, some DLCs are great. New Vegas was an example with fantastic DLCs. Sadly, those are the very few exceptions. The success of the DLC model has damaged the industry as a whole. Hell, these days no one even blinks at day 1 DLCs and fucking Season Passes.
>>
>>30511573
zelda was in the trailer too and didn't look like the girl
>>
>>30511361
>Nintendo kills the Wii U
>3DS is reaching the end of its life
>Switch is a hybrid with portable features
>I don't see it becoming the main nintendo platform

Come the fuck on, anon.
>>
>>30512052
The wii U was dead on arrival anyway. And as I said, I just don't see it. Personally, I'm only going to buy one for pokemon if it sadly does fully replace the pure handheld line. And I'd never take it anywhere. It's fucking huge and uncomfortable for a portable console.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.