[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nothing but a damn circle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16

File: 250px-Unova_2.png (106KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Unova_2.png
106KB, 250x164px
>Nothing but a damn circle
>>
>>30506233
>Nothing but a Penis
>>
>>30506847
Thanks, now I can't unsee it.
>>
>>30506233
You say that but there are very pronounced offshoots from the "circle" (which is more like an oval btw)
>>
File: Manhattan-view-min.jpg (89KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
Manhattan-view-min.jpg
89KB, 950x633px
>>30506233
>>30506906
It actually does its source material justice, at least from a shape perspective
>>
>>30506233
Never really got this complaint. The route of progress never even makes a full circle or even 3/4 of one. And everyone forgets the path that leads to the "circle".
>>
File: Untitled.png (4KB, 536x251px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 536x251px
"""""circle"""""""
>>
>>30506847
And balls
>>
Alola was really good about routes.
They felt natural, not like straight paths
>>
>>30506233
It's an ellipse you stupid fuck.
>>
>>30506233
>Regrets selling Pokemon Black/White

I guess I'll just pirate it when I get my New 3DS.
>>
>>30508018
Just play it on desmume.
>>
>>30506997
What, yes it does, in BW1 you literally just traverse the circle starting from Nimbassa City.
>>
File: squidcircleone.jpg (17KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
squidcircleone.jpg
17KB, 512x384px
>>
>>30508038
My laptop is old and so the specs are shit. I couldn't even play B2/W2 properly.
>>
>>30507387
They were too small though.
>>
>>30508076
>it's only a circle when you're halfway through the game, bro!
>just ignore that lower part
>and ignore that you go upwards instead of completing the circle too, delet everything that says otherwise!
>>
File: 1479173164359.jpg (83KB, 350x598px) Image search: [Google]
1479173164359.jpg
83KB, 350x598px
>>30506233
>>
>>30506233
>people defend this circle viciously
>>
>>30508263
Too small and pokemon centers were fucking everywhere.
>>
>>30508705
>too many bridges
What? All 2 mandatory ones?
>>
Home to one of the best Elite Four battle themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnXhrCn9Yo
>>
File: Kanto.gif (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto.gif
96KB, 500x500px
>>
File: Johto.png (154KB, 474x426px) Image search: [Google]
Johto.png
154KB, 474x426px
>>
File: Unova.png (24KB, 451x306px) Image search: [Google]
Unova.png
24KB, 451x306px
>>
>>30509099
johto is shit
>>
>>30509128
People will defend this.
>>
>>30509128
Post the sinnoh one.
>>
>>30510070
I made these versions and I don't remember Sinnoh (or Hoenn) well enough
>>
File: Sinnoh map.png (15KB, 216x168px) Image search: [Google]
Sinnoh map.png
15KB, 216x168px
>>30510070
It's not the best map trail as Sinnoh requires backtracking or flying, but it goes roughly like this. Each color change represents a new gym leader challenge available. The trips back to the lakes also mess with the flow as well.
>>
>>30509129
del
>>
>>30508705
>too many bridges
First of all, there aren't. Secondly, no such thing as "too many bridges". There are never enough.

And there's also nothing wrong with Sinnoh.

Fuck Kalos though. Worst region.
>>
>>30510009
>europeans will attack this
>>
>>30510009
how though
>>
>>30510718
You know it's funny, DPP is probably one of my less favorite gens but Sinnoh was probably the most well-designed region
>>
>>30512553
Agreed. I feel like it did a great job at feeling like an actual place. I really hope we get Gen 4 remakes soon, so we can get Sinnoh remastered without any of the flaws that bring Sinnoh down (most notably, the slow as fuck battles)
>>
>>30510009
What am I supposed to defend?
>>
I'm all for non linear games to change shit up but Pokémon ain't the franchise to be looking for it at. When they have nonlinear maps they just block off all the side routes anyway, so what's the difference?
>>
>>30512553
>Sinnoh was probably the most well-designed region
It is. Platinum is my favorite game. DP had a lot of gameplay issues but the region itself and everything from music to new pokemon were fantastic imo. Also Cynthia.
>>
>>30506847
>Finish at the tip.
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>30512473
But there are too many when 3/4 of them are boring wastes of fucking time. There's the village on the bridge and it's the ONLY good one.
>>
>>30512625
The life bar thing was the biggest issue gen 4's battles had and that's obviously gone.

They've had the obnoxiously long battle entry animations for several gens now, though.
>>
File: 1306645970881.jpg (21KB, 243x263px) Image search: [Google]
1306645970881.jpg
21KB, 243x263px
>>30512553
>but Sinnoh was probably the most well-designed region
It would be pretty good without all the crappy HM requirements, I still think Hoenn is the best and has some of my favourite adventuring moments.

I swear if they make a D/P/P remake and don't include the ride pager I'm going to scream.
The dexnav also needs to be back, that thing was a godsend.
>>
>>30512473
Nah, Unova is by far the worst region
>b-but muh postgame
Region as in how bland and linear it is.
>>
>>30512760
Does anybody else play with the battle animations turned off? I honestly can't play with them turned on anymore. It takes up too much time and there's not really enough spectacle to warrant watching them

Unless Game Freak combines the impact with the HP bar going down instead of having it drain after the attack is done or something
>>
>>30512830
Kalos is probably worse with how straight of a line it is despite being larger and having more branching pathways. Unova's a small straight line, but Kalos is just a long one with even worse pacing

Black/White 2 was a little better with fucking around on where to go and it's a shame we'll never get those kind of variants for Kalos
>>
>>30512839
I really, really wish there was a quick toggle during battle to turn animations on and off so I could check out attacks I've never seen before without having to see Water Gun for the 200th time.
>>
>>30512839
I always have them on no matter what. I like seeing the moves.
>>
>>30512830
Every legion is linear though. What pokemon game wasn't linear? The least linear would have to be Kanto and Johto, and that's only for a small part of them.
>>
>>30512869
I never understood the praise BW2 gets for being "non-linear" when it's almost as linear as BW is, except with the order all scrambled.

FTR I don't even mind linearity personally.
>>
>>30512936
>legion
region*
>>
>>30509070
>not getting giovanis badge before elite four
>>
>>30512869

Kalos had way more optional places to explore. Through Unova's mains story, there were 3 places. The optional route left from your hometown, the cave near of that electric cave and that small path right from Nimbasa.

Kalos had a route right from Santalune, the optional water part on Kalos west coast, thr Azure Bay, Route 16, Terminus Cave and there were more forks, while Unova was a straight line.
>>
What made Hoess such an unmemorable and boring region despite the map layout having a lot of potential? How the hell did they manage to fuck up Fortree City? It's a city built on trees! How do you mess that up and make it as boring an pointless as humanly possible?
>>
File: 1415592303517.jpg (48KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1415592303517.jpg
48KB, 500x369px
Speaking of linear games, why didnt they make it so there were three different paths on the second island of Alola? It would have been perfect, if you have, say, Litten, then you could challenge the grass trial, and so on and so forth. Then after you beat the type youre strong against (grass in this example), you can challenge the type you're weak to. Then you crank out the last trial, beat the kahuna and you're golden
>>
>>30513132
Because that would require them to distribute levels and trainers differently or they'd have to make a system finally that scales the game to your level. Pokemon is linear. To make it nonlinear core changes need to be made and GF isn't willing to do so.

Still the amount of roadblock in SM was retarded. Especially considering how gameplay intrusive they made them now that HMs are no longer in the game.
>>
>>30513118
Half of Hoenn's routes are sea routes, but half of the sea routes are optional so there's no reason to explore most of them but the shittiest and most barren of the sea routes in the game. Plus they're all the end-game as well

As for the rest, they were clearly experimenting what they could do with GBA hardware. That's why Fire Red and Leaf Green are a massive jump in quality when compared to Ruby and Sapphire. Just look and compare the graphics again sometime, Red's sprite is insanely more detailed than Brendan's

You can really chalk a lot of it to system limitation since Game Freak didn't know what the fuck to do with the GBA. While things look visually impressive compared to Gens I and II, the world design is still the exact same as those games and doesn't branch out too much. Just bigger and visually more interesting, which is enough for some people
>>
>>30512717
Start at the balls too
>>
>>30513132
It would take effort on gf's part, why do that when they can play it safe.
>>
>>30513237
I feel like there's something of a contradiction here. People around here constantly defend the games being easy as fuck because you can handicap yourself, yet a less linear game would be a problem because not adding in level scaling would screw up "balance"?

If they made the second island in SM free-roaming and just made all the trials the same levels as the current first ones it really wouldn't change much if we're going to go with the "Pokemon is easy as fuck anyway so who cares" thing. Wishiwashi and Lurantis are only like 4 levels apart in the game we actually have.
>>
>>30513345
>but the shittiest and most barren of the sea routes in the game. Plus they're all the end-game as well
Confirmed for not exploring. There's a ton of items and secret areas in the sea routes, dipshit.
>>
>>30513488
Oh you were specifically talking about the second island. Sorry, brainfart then. I somehow thought that you were talking about islands themselves not being linear. Yeah, I'd love for you to be able to do island 2 for example any way you choose. As I said, the roadblocks in SM were so intrusive and unnecessary. They definitely went overboard with restrictions this time.
>>
>>30513770
>All these Stoutlands blocking you out of parts of the city just because.
>>
>>30513729
Cause getting that Iron really means that much in the long run

Also Route 127 has to be one of the lamest routes in Pokemon history
>>
>>30509129
You shut your down syndrome whore mouth.
>>
File: 1467303476793.jpg (96KB, 483x411px) Image search: [Google]
1467303476793.jpg
96KB, 483x411px
>>30512769
>Ride Pager will be a one off gimmick like every other Pokemon """""""innovation"""""""
I can only dream
With Latios/Latias in ORAS I still felt like a trainer with freedom, and it removed the need for HM Fly at the same time. In Alola i'm forced to wear a fucking gimp suit every time I need to get somewhere.

GIVE ME BICYCLES OR GIVE ME DEATH
>>
>>30514155
>tfw no Unova remake where the fly gimmick is you getting sucked into the Light stone and crashing wherever you wanted to go
>>
>>30506233
And yet it still felt less linear than Kalos and Alola.
>>
>>30507002
Yeah anon you clearly posted a circle didn't you take Geometry?
>>
>>30514155
Get over it. I don't see why people even fucking care about the riding suit so much
>>
>>30514367
Because it means you don't have to waste a slot on HMs you fucking dipshit.
>>
>>30514393
I rather doubt they're going to bring back HMs. It will probably be a different way to go about it. Maybe means of transport, maybe the overworld use of HMs is unlocked automatically for all eligible pokemon after a badge or some kind of other check.
>>
>>30514393
What? I'm talking about the "gimp suit"

I love the Ride Pager more than HMs or Soaring.
>>
>>30514459
Because the suits look stupid.
>>
>>30514367
It's a Pokemon game, a pokemon game with customization. I think it's a great idea that we're able to ride Pokemon "freely", but I don't like how it completely overrides whatever i'm wearing at the time. Feels like a step back from XY/ORAS, like a lot of features in this game. It's better than HM's but that's not hard to top.
Wearing specialized gear to ride a POKEMON completely takes the journey out of the game for me, it's autistic I know. But it feels more like i'm at a fucking petting zoo every time I summon a Pokemon instead of on an adventure.

The most criminal thing about all of this is that you see NPCs all over the game riding Pokemon without wearing the "gimp suit"
>>
>>30506847
No wonder why /vp/ thinks this was the best generation!
>>
>>30514730
Gen 5? Gen 2? Hell, gen 7 has higher chances to be it if we could somehow have a proper vote on /vp/. Hoenn's rep got damaged way too hard by the shitshow of remakes it got. They also gave people a wake up call that the love for Hoenn was just nostalgia.
>>
>>30514638
I'll take the suit looking stupid if I get to not waste either a move slot or a team slot for an HM move/HM slave. The usefulness of it completely beats the suit looking like shit.
>>
>>30514730
The population of this board is growing older. Babbies that grew up on Hoenn are moving on, expect popularity to decrease now that the Hoenn remake hype has died down. Kids that were ~10 when DPPt came out are most likely adults by now, and gamefreak definitely knows this.
Expect more Sinnohfags on the march
>>
>>30506233
fuck that awful, terribly made map. Unova fucking sucked in that regard.
>>
>>30515032
Why defend Gamefreak's lazy habits when we all know that they can do better? You don't actually like the suits as you said, you just prefer it over the decades old alternative. Nobody misses HMs, but there are plenty of people disappointed with the only mode of transportation that negates the point of customization entirely.
>>
>>30515171
They probably can't do better though, it took 10 years for certain types to have both physical and special moves rather than the whole type itself being physical or special

They really need outside help
>>
>tfw no more "Your pokemon is at critical health" music.
Literally the funnest battles I've had involved freaking out because if I got hit I'm fucked.
>>
File: 1478135855727.gif (861KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1478135855727.gif
861KB, 300x169px
>>30515698
>Actually liking having music during battles like N's battle or Ghetsis' battle getting interrupted because of a Pokemon getting on the red
>>
>>30515800
They should remix those battle themes into danger mode instead. Would be pretty neat to have dynamix battle music in general
>>
>>30515800
>struggling on story mode N
N has the shittiest lineup in the world.
I only had a real problem with that fucking Hydreigon with ghetsis.
>>
>>30507002
This is a circle according to /vp/ and /v/.
>>
Considering you see NPCs not wearing suits while on ride pokes, I have a feeling that the suit is more of a software limitation right now. I expect that your trainer is actually part of the ride poke model and they didn't want to program in every single clothing customization option to bloat the game size, instead opting for a single suit that's shared by all characters. That explains the hair style changing as well. Skin color is just a texture change, much smaller and easier to squeeze in than full clothing customization.

TL;DR I expect the ugly suits were just because the game is already quite large and they haven't managed to program a cleverly lightweight method of showing your custom gear yet; we might well see that in Eclipse or whatever the third game ends up being.
>>
>>30514640
You're on the Pokémon for like a minute, is it that big of a deal
>>
File: circle.png (4KB, 536x251px) Image search: [Google]
circle.png
4KB, 536x251px
>>30507002
For context, I like what B2W2 did to Unova a lot. They're some of my favorite Pokemon games. Just trying to illustrate what they mean by circle.
It's also 'worse' in BW.
>>
>>30510718

I can't follow the colors.
>>
>>30517212
Is breeding on foot the new meta?
>>
>>30517312
We all know what everyone means by circle. Which is still wrong since it's omitting over half the game and includes post-game content in order to complete the shape.

That's like calling Hoenn a circle because you go from Mauville up and all the way through Meteor Falls. Or going from Mauville up and down around to Sootopolis.
>>
File: autismbox.gif (2MB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
autismbox.gif
2MB, 560x430px
>>30517409
>>
>>30517494
Pretty close, yes. The only difference is a minor one, in that the circular nature of Unova in BW is much more readily apparent
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.