[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Tree Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 4

File: 885x.jpg (146KB, 885x438px) Image search: [Google]
885x.jpg
146KB, 885x438px
Post sets, advice, questions, everything about the Battle Tree.
>>
I raised a Bagon and now I have a Mega Salamence which I heard is pretty strong. Thinking of using it. What's a good set?

And what would be some good partners for it? I'm thinking Aegislash would be good to take on the Rock and Ice types I face but my third partner would need to be able to take on something like Weavile since that's strong against both.
>>
>>30505322
>Run ended due to Barbaracle getting two crits in a row with Cross Chop and Stone Edge
>Streak was at 39

I fucking hate how I can't make a good doubles team.
>>
Do you need to breed yourself perfect nature perfect iv perfect everything mons to stand a chance in the battle tree?

Still kinda disheartened about that challenge thingie in X/Y, so this time I'll ask before attempting anything
>no legendaries allowed at all
>three battles in the computer starts to throw Suicune and shit at you
>>
>>30506882
>Do you need to breed yourself perfect nature perfect iv perfect everything mons to stand a chance in the battle tree?

Correct.
>>
>>30507013
Fuck. Welp, two months of grinding shards for bottle caps it is.
>>
Use Komala and Oranguru in Doubles. AI don't know how to deal with Komala.
>>
>>30506882
>three battles in the computer starts to throw Suicune and shit at you
Every 10th trainer has the possibility of using Legendaries, Z-moves, and Megas.

Regular trainers don't use Megas and Z-moves up until about 30+ and Legendaries at about 40+.

50 is the battle with Red/Blue.
>>
I know my team isn't great but I think that the miss and freeze were bs. but possible
9QVG WWWW WWW2 ELHY
>>
>>30506882
Legendaries are allowed (same with the Ultra Beasts for that matter, whose stats and movepools are on par with Legendaries). Mythicals (event Legendaries) and the stronger Legendaries (the ones you see on the box covers usually) are not allowed though.
>>
Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Sky Uppercut
- Poison Jab

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe (normally you'd run Metagross with max Speed EVs and nature but with the Mega Evolution speed buffs this is no longer necessary)
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

If you're having trouble with the tree, try this team I've been having lots of success.

>>30507258
It's not hard at all to breed once you get your Ditto and Destiny Knot. I made the above sets from scratch in less than 3 hours.
>>
>>30507395
How do you deal with Ghost types? Metagross and Mimikyu are both weak and Kommo-o is only neutral at best, while its Sky Uppercut would be useless.
>>
>>30507395
>Thunder Punch
>>
>>30507395
>He has to cheat in a children's game just to win.
>>
>>30507507
Kommo-o after a boost can kill at least 2 opponents so if anything ever happens to him I just switch into Mimikyu and he can usually outright kill even without a boost. I would run coverage for Ghosts but I have Disguise so it doesn't matter to me.
>>30507602
I was going to use Zen Headbutt but having 3 moves with 90% accuracy is too risky. Also Thunder Punch hits really hard with a Tough Claws boost.
>>30507703
>cheat
explain
>>
I only just unlocked super singles, I can only imagine how much fuckery the AI is gong to throw at me. I swear from the start they were throwing poison/flying/steel types at me to try to put a stop to my Toxapex. Stalled those teams out and it seemed like they eventually gave up on trying to stack the teams against mes hard
>>
>>30507731
you cant have thunder punch without tutor move you idiot
>>
File: d4018.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
d4018.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>>30507805
Alright you got me. I took some recommendations from Smogon's XY Metagross page. I haven't actually trained my Beldum up yet so I didn't even know that. I was using Kartana in his place but it felt too fragile because of Quick Claw hax.
>>
File: 1480868767002.jpg (157KB, 850x713px) Image search: [Google]
1480868767002.jpg
157KB, 850x713px
Gonna use Mimikyu and Tapu Koko, what should my third mon be? my tapu is physical btw
>>
>>30507925
i inject too anon, just care because some moves and shit are illegal until bank its out
>>
>>30507972
MegaGross or MegaMence. No Megacario you fuck.
>>
>>30507925
Then I'd recommend Celesteela. It's just really good.
>>
>>30507322
>Regular trainers don't use Z-moves up until about 30+
I just started and already had a couple Z-moves used on me. Only statuses though.
>>
>>30507322
>Regular trainers don't use Megas and Z-moves up until about 30+ and Legendaries at about 40+.
Bullshit I just had some faggot's Salazzle a few hours ago use that Poison Z-Move on me.
>>
>>30506882
I beat Red in Normal Singles with my ingame team. Took me some tries, but now I have enough BPs to get all power items and start to breed properly.

Also, what pokemon you suggest for start to breed?
>>
it's quite bullshit how the AI gets to "scan" your team before every battle and either slot in a perfect counter for a perfect opening vs your team.

I have to suspend like every 2 trainers and swap something around just to fuck with the AI dammit.
>>
>>30508130
What battle were you on? They usually start using actual attacking z-moves on me after 10.

>>30507333
Yeah, that was unfortunate. I actually had a match the other day where I only won because the opponent's Play Rough missed.
You should replace that Silvally asap
>>
Lost to a choice scarf guillotine pinsir after 78 wins because my meteor mash missed that one time he missed too, i'm close to killing myself
>>
>>30508396
I want to say this can't be true but

I remember running into a fuck ton of Fire types for a good few matches in a row. All because I have a Kartana on my team.
>>
>>30508396
Does that really help? How far have you gotten doing that?
>>
I've had a lot of luck with the following:

Mimikyu
Disguise // Jolly
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
@Lum Berry
Swords Dance
Play Rough
Shadow Sneak
Leech Life

If your opponent is a Pokemon that Mimikyu can kill, you can set up with a Swords Dance or two and then often you can sweep the rest of their team; otherwise just immediately switch to one of your other Pokemon. The Lum Berry prevents you from getting screwed over by status effects (which I've found to be more important and useful than any alternative item choice), and Shadow Sneak is there in case you get matched against something faster than you. Leech Life helps by giving some added coverage and regaining HP if you need to, although perhaps there might be a better move in its place.

As for the other two mons, I've been using a fast revenge killer with a broad coverage (I'm using Starmie with a Life orb, but you could use whatever fits a similar role).

For the third mon, I think you want a bulky Mega that can tank the types your other two can't. So for now I've been using Salamance, but I wonder if there might be something better.

In any case tho, Mimikyu is often enough to clear an entire team by itself.
>>
>>30508402
Will see what I can do about that silvally
>>
>>30507395
Replace shadow claw with wood hammer on mimikyu and it's a lot better.
>>
>>30508377
Toxapex. Toxi-stall is as useful as ever in the tower and you can usually see an earthquake coming a mile away and just switch to a flying type or something similar
>>
>>30508396
>>30508530
The best you can do is build a team around exploiting that by having good bulky fucks to switch between. It's the main reason why I don't really put any glass cannon types to use for towers/ maison/ tree/ whatever stuff
>>
I managed to beat Red in Super Singles with Cloyster-Togekiss-MegaMetagross. Cloyster's such a god, carrying me through Battle Facilities since Gen 5.
>>
>>30508737
>wood hammer
Do you have special needs?
>>
Does Red have a random team or a fixed one?
>>
>>30508885
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree/red.shtml
>>
>>30507395

>two life orbs
>>
>>30508952
muh sweeps
>>
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Facade or Double Edge
- Earthquake

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Grass Knot

What's a good teamate for these two? I was thinking a golisopod with poison jab for fairies or a sub/dance gyarados.
>>
>>30508983
you can't run duplicate items in the battle tree/battle royale
>>
>>30509112
got anything else then? i was thinking of a leftovers + sub bulk up set
>>
I haven't tackled this yet, but how does Tapu Lele / Golisopod / Bewear sound? I have a Quiet Celesteela I can run over Bewear, alternatively, but does Trick Room even happen on Battle Tree?
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>not waiting until January for QR rental teams to come out
>>
>>30509297
>waiting
>>
What are the fastest ways to EV train my UBs for the Battle Tree?
>>
So from what it seems if I want a good team of just pokemon I can breed I have to include
>Mimikyo
>some mega
>???
I don't like using legends (and UBs/Silvally since they're one-of-a-kind) to beat these things. For Gen 6's Maison battles I just copied someone who used Greninja, M-Khan, Talonflame, Gengar, Garchomp, and Rotom-W. So, who here can post they're team, abilities, IVs, EVs, and movesets to benefit all the non-competitive players like me?
>>
>>30509511

Use Pelago to get established, after that, it's power items, pokerus, and SOS battles.
>>
Is Battle bond Greninja with 252 spatk / 252 speed / 4 hp EV's any good?
>>
Wanna use Buzzwole for singles, what would work well with him in the last two slots?
>>
>>30509625

Go for naive with the 4 leftover points in attack so you can u-turn.
>>
Is A-Marowak independently good or is he only usable in meme formats like Tree Doubles with a Discharge lead like Xirkutree
>>
>>30509625
Yes, don't lead with it though. Have something in the front weak to fire. Switch in on the fire type and KO with Waterium-Z. Enjoy fun.
>>
>>30505322

>raise +Sp.A abra
>mega evolve
>easy streaks in Singles

That's literally all you need.
>>
>>30509625
>>30509730
>>30509907
It has a serious nature.
>>
>>30509937
>____'s Quick Claw let it move first!
And because Megazam is so frail it will die even on a neutral hit.
>>
WHY THE FUCK DOES TENTACRUEL HAVE 100 SPEED IM GONNA SHOOT SOMEONE
>>
>>30505322
Question about Doubles.

Chansey w/ Eviolite
Minimize
Defense Curl
Calm Mind
Softboiled

All other team members with Psych Up except maybe someone to put spikes/stealth rock/sticky web

Is this viable no matter how annoyingly slow it would be?
>>
>>30509987

>Not resetting for the nature.

You fugged up.
>>
Have only come across Anabel two times and Colress once, do all trainers have the same chance of appearing or are some of them more common than others? 'Cause I swear fucking Grimsley keeps showing up with his faggot attire as well as Plumeria, but at least she's hot
>>
>>30510060
>>____

Stop that.
>>
>>30509987
Delete the demo save data and delete the wonder card data for Greninja.
>>
>>30511068
I've only seen Anabel once. Colress is always the one that shows up when I lead with SW AV Ninetales.
>>
>>30511068
I've got that problem with Wally. Kid won't leave me alone. Sometimes I go up against him 3+ times in a row, it's ridiculous. I just want to fight Guzma so I can scout him, but he never appears.
>>
>>30510473
Man, timid LO tenta was my jam back in ORAS. Nobody ever saw it coming.
>>
Having trouble with deciding on a team for battle tree. So far I have a dragonite I chained for with 5 max IVs and scale as an ability. and a metagross with alright IVs and both trained up of isle evelup. What is a good third pokemon?
>>
I've yet to be able to beat Colress

Every time he shows up I get fucked by megagross
>>
so I thought there were only like 6 bosses in the Battle Tree but I've been finding Trial Captains being a 10th, 20th, ect. floor boss. Is there a list of the actual people that show up?
>>
>>30511381
Not him but I'm going to do this, will it keep the old Greninja?
>>
Whats the preferred ev spread for primarina? Full hp and special attack right
>>
>>30511827
Gay NU Seal-1 and Milotic+1 are the spreads I use
>>
>>30511068

It gives you someone it thinks can beat your team. Swap your team up if you want new people.
>>
>>30511891
252 def and 252 spec att?
>>
I just finished a perfect Mimikyu but I put its extra 4 EV points in Defense not HP. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>30511967
kek no, you're fine
>>
Is turtonator any good for this?
>>
>>30511420
>>30511429
>>30511940
Well, based on this and knowing how bullshit battle facilities are maybe if I go with a team consisting of only Water and Fighting types Anabel will finally show up with Raikou and Mega Alakazam
Also If you're on Sun Guzma won't ever appear, Mallow and Dexio are Moon exclusives along with him, or so I assume because I'm yet to come across any of them and some guy who had Moon on a previous thread said he also had never come across Kiawe, Sina or Plumeria
>>
>>30505351
Dragon Dance
Return/Double Edge
Earthquake
Facade

Facade becomes your main attack after the tree starts burning and paralyzing you first turn every chance it gets. You'll probably want something to handle Mamoswine and Eviolite Piloswine since they are way more common than Weavile in my experience.
>>
>>30507258
If it makes you feel better you can do okay without iv/ev training depending on your team.

I run life orb mimikyu, assault vest araquanid and choice band koko and I can complete the normal singles, and do okay in supers.

Colress destroyed me with his metagross though.
>>
>>30511987
i tried timid shell smash and it wasn't very good. disappointing bulk when uninvested, even with a parting shot meowth. maybe i should have use life orb instead of white herb, hard to say.

as a defensive pivot or revenge killer, a-marowak probably does a better job.
>>
Do hurricane and thunder still get 100% accuracy in rain? Same question for rockslide/sandstorm, and blizzard/hail. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>30512069
What's a good counter to Mamoswine and Piloswine?
>>
>>30512191
>rockslide/sandstorm

that has never been a thing
>>
Is Buzzwole useful?
>>
>>30511812
Yeah.
>>
If I fought Blue when I first arrived at the Battle Tree instead of Red can I still run into Red in the tree?
>>
>>30512330

Red is the singles boss so yes.
>>
>>30505351
Every water type from now on now has Blizzard, so take something to murder bulky water types.
>>
>>30512020
>Guzma is Moon exclusive
FUCK. That explains that. I'm playing Sun.
>>
>>30505322
Anyone else getting fucked over by Plumeria's Mega Gengar?

Any time I decide to bring counters for it she never shows up but the second I decide to not use my Muk or something she shows up and sweeps
>>
>>30507395
>Swords Dance
Kommo-o ain't got the speed for that homedog.
>>
>>30512233

first time through the tree I went 32 wins with him using an AV set.
>>
>>30512204
Water is good, I had Primarina nuking them with its Z move and then the tree started giving them the berry to reduce water damage or a sash. Balloon Marowak might actually be a legit check for them but then again it's still a Marowak.
>>
>>30512448
What is an AV set
>>
>>30508402
Somehow in the first five battles, my own Silvally had nearly 80% flinch rate with Iron Head

But I can't seem to find the ideal type because the tree will adapt to it.
>>
>>30512601
Assault Vest. It's costs BP to get but you can get that through the Battle Royal
>>
>>30512623
Cool thank you
>>
>>30509297
By that point, I might as well just port forward my AS team
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.