[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>establish mega evolutions >1 gen later its almost irrelevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1480026045991.jpg (7KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480026045991.jpg
7KB, 187x250px
>establish mega evolutions
>1 gen later its almost irrelevant

fuck them, megas have more potential than just a boosted move. The worst thing from this is that we are probably going to get ultra evolutions soon or whatever, which leaves lots of pokemon underdeveloped
>>
To be fair GF changed them so the speed and abilities change on the same turn intsead of the one after.
>>
Don't worry anon megas will be back.
>>
>>30503511
>all that advertising
>nah here's z moves instead :^)
>>
File: 1477131452116.jpg (69KB, 716x616px) Image search: [Google]
1477131452116.jpg
69KB, 716x616px
Outside of competetive they were even irrelevant the generation they were introduced.
There are a whole 3 Trainers capable of Mega Evolution before postgame in both XY and ORAS.
Makes me wonder why they even bothered introducing it if they weren't going to use it to make the games more challenging.
>>
File: 1478813365347.jpg (25KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
1478813365347.jpg
25KB, 467x350px
>>30503511
What, some simple flavor text isn't enough for you?
>>
>>30503847
shit like
>megas were cool but Z MOVES ARE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE AN ULTIMATE TRAINER

makes me mad. Its literally a special move, its not on the same level as a mega evolution.
>>
No. Fuck off. Megas were overpowered cancer. You're literally complaining that Z-Moves aren't overpowered cancer as well.

That being said, I'm sure megas will return. They have more marketing power than z-moves.
>>
>>30503903
>megas were overpowered cancer
you fucking retard, pokemon were never balanced to begin with. The point is that ifyou establish such crucial mechanic as megas, you dont dump it for something worse.
>>
>>30504038
How the hell were megas crucial? They were hardly used in the main story. The only thing megas really did was turn a bunch of old pokemon into overpowered cancer
>>
>>30504086
they were crucial because the whole story not in 1, but 2 games were revolved around it. Also it was far more groundbreaking than typical formes, because every pokemon could get a mega then. New ability, new stats etc.

As I said before, there is one missing game here between ORAS and SM, that would give us proper closure on megas. Instead we went into Z moves that are obviously one time gimmicks with no new megas.
>>
>>30504153
>I need closure on megas
You have autism.

Megas and Z-moves are both dumb, but at least z-moves aren't overpowered and will only see average usage online.
>>
>>30504177
>you have autism

Its not like we got heavily bombarded with mega merchandise like it was a permanent gimmick or at least a long one. 1 gen and its almost gone.
>>
>>30504242
>we

you

only retards care about advertising and merch
>>
>>30504252
if you think that absence of mega evolutions means better balance, you are mentally challenged. We will get something even more broken but i guess you didnt think about that.
>>
>>30504286
you were literally just complaining that z-moves aren't even good

make up your mind, fatass
>>
>>30504373
i wasnt talking power-wise. I was talking about a heavily marketed mechanic thrown away for something that is one time gimmick. Z moves are okay for being one time gimmick, I just dont understand why megas got suddendly dumped.
>>
Mega's aren't a form of bonding, it's literal torture.
>>
>>30504443
Megas weren't thrown away. You can still use them, and the stones that aren't available will most likely be given out for events or over the PGL.

Just because there aren't new megas doesn't mean it was thrown away. Masuda said megas are only made if they come up with a good design or concept for it, they don't exist to be pumped out every generation. Most likely GF already has some new megas, but they're waiting for another gen or two so they can release a whole new batch of them rather than just a few.
>>
>>30504533
Like the rock/electric Golem mega!
Oh...
>>
>>30504469
battle bond is the same, but the torture is for the trainer
>>
>>30504568
Why do retards keep saying this? His alolan form only has +10 BST. That's not a mega.
>>
>>30504636
Because it looks like a mega that got repurposed as an alola - it looks too much like regular golem colorwise, while its prevos don't, and yet other than its main colors is the alola that is the furthest from the original in appearance.
Yes, it doesn't have mega stats. Once they decided it was going to be an alola form, that obviously meant it wasn't going to be a mega anymore. But it looks like it was originally created to be a Mega Golem, and then shelved for whatever reason and repurposed.
>>
>>30504857
probably seeing how absurd his design is
>>
>being happy that megas are "done and gone because too OP
>all the megas that are in SM are the ones known for being OP
>mega stingulor not in seventh gen
:'(
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.