[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Route Gates Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: belleroute4.png (14KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
belleroute4.png
14KB, 256x192px
Holy shit, I genuinely forgot these even existed until 5 minutes ago. They're not in S&M, and I can't remember if they were in XY since those games were so forgettable
ITT: post anything about gates
>>
>>30495620
They hide loading screens.
>>
gates were a thing
>>
>>30495620
They were definitely in XY, not in RSE/ORAS though.

I like them because they're comfy.
>>
>>30495620
I forget, what was the point of gates besides dividing routes from towns? Doesn't seem like it was that useful especially since it never made a return.
>>
>>30495647
Easy "Whoa, you can't come through here!" spots that didn't have to be as contrived as an old man passed out in the middle of the road
>>
>>30495647
See >>30495634
Also, helped with finding the genies in BW/2.
>>
>>30495678
Even though Unova could've used gates as a simple and easy excuse to block people off, it still had the most ridiculous example of that. Remember the group of men dancing?
>>
>>30495642
c: they also had interesting people in them from time to time!
>>
>>30495647
Basically just loading/transition screens. They can't have the whole overworld rendered at once because the game would lag shit. But rather than actually use a loading screen, they made these in order to disguise them in a way.

They actually talked about this in one of the Red/Green interviews from back in the day. I'll see if I can find it.
>>
File: 1422862674656.jpg (52KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1422862674656.jpg
52KB, 500x378px
>>30495620
Gates were a thing and they fucking sucked
>>
>>30495745
I like how the gates made the world feel alive, I could imagine talking up one of the trainers resting there.

also
>that gatekeeper whose spearow you can totally steal without penalty
>>
>>30495802
Ir also explains how towns aren't infested with wild Pokemon. Seriously, how do towns not normally get ransacked from being so close to routes with no barriers around them?
>>
Dude the Gate OST in BW are so fucking chill

XY's not so much, but still alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUJGVWbkXXs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Itp7uCsjw
>>
The gate music in the Unova games was amazing.
>>
>>30495802
me too, i used to save there back in the day when i was on adventures around the world.

>>30495934
>>30495942
yeah, which made them even comfier. I love that shit
>>
I liked the random swarms.
>>30495934
And the music was so nice
>>
>>30495983
fugg, yeah i miss the details about the weather and the swarms.

one day gamefreak will give us all the good lil things we want... one day...
>>
>>30495732
The men were meant to be a joke on how gf makes road blocks anon.
>>
>>30496080
What I want is the dexnav from ORAS to come back. It was nice to know that I got every Pokemon in a specific route, and be reminded of which ones are there for future reference just by looking at the bottom screen.
>>
>>30496112
yeah, that kinda 4th wall joke gave me a chuckle.

>>30496132
i want that too. Really badly. There's also a decent lil list of other things here and there that gamefreak ought to put into their next game, QoL stuff - really hoping they will.
>>
Gen one gates were the best.

- Pokemon Trades
- Prof Oak Aides giving you cool shit
- MOTHER FUCKING BINOCULARS TO LOOK AROUND THE REGION
- Gee sure is thirsty around here

Whats not to love?
>>
>>30496197
>Whats not to love?
The last one
>>
>>30495870
They cut the fucking grass, man
>>
>>30496319
tfw back in the earlier games you could actually use teh HM cut in fields of grass and it would cut the grass around you.
>>
>>30496334
Exactly
>>
>>30495768
"Today, we're dancing for no reason.
Someday, we'll disappear for no reason."

fucking deep desu
>>
>tropical regions don't have any gates

What did GF mean by this?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.