[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>remove ranked matches >online battles earns you BP depending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Ashthumbsup2.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ashthumbsup2.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>remove ranked matches
>online battles earns you BP depending on your how well you did
>use BP to raise your Pokemon and other conveniences
>have your number of battles displayed when you play online
>amount of players playing online doubles

That one's free, GameFreaks.
>>
^
>>
You forgot one
>6v6 singles at level 100
>>
>>30494010
>no ranked
Wait what? Why?
>>
All I want is 6v6 singles.

I am baffled and a little upset that 6v6 singles with strangers is not supported in Pokemon unless I challenge random people. I'd play online twenty times more than I do now.

I'd also love for nicknames to be displayed on Battle Spot but that might be getting a little greedy.
>>
>>30495522
>new player tries out online
>new player loses 3 three matches
>new player has a lower rating than somebody who never even tried
>new player got nothing to show for it
>new player stops bothering

Pokémon does nothing to incentivate people to play online with randoms, even though casuals are the vast majority of the playerbase.
>>
>>30494010
Why not make ranked vs unranked two separate modes, where you need to play X amount of games to unlock ranked? Seems a decent compromise.
>>
>>30496534
Dude...
Dropping rank means higher chance to win and is a sign you need to get better. You can use other people's teams now so it comes down to persistence in learning the meta.

The whole point of ranking isn't to glorify the winners, it's to match you with someone of a similar skill level. If you remove this, there is no point in making a good team because you're more likely to come across people's in-game teams than something actually competitive.

If you get dropped down in ranks, it's because that's where your level is right now. You drop until you get to a level where you can win about 50% of the time and start earning stuff.

Your idea can have 5-year-old newbies against 30-year-old competitive veterans at any moment since they're not separated by rank in matchmaking. Don't be daft.

also
>incentivate
what
>>
>>30496638
>it's to match you with someone of a similar skill level

It's been failing to do that since BW
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.