[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: hau.png (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hau.png
98KB, 500x500px
What went wrong?
>>
Absolutely nothing.
Best Rival.
>>
>>30494426
This. Hau is great, starts off slightly annoying and actually grows as a character through the story unlike every other rival in the series.
>>
>>30493716
He's the best rival ever, definitely the strongest, and the most relevant to the story since rby.
>>
>>30493716
the only thing that ever bothered me is when you team up with him he kept using Psychic on a Hypno. Come on I thought you were my rival
>>
>>30493716
Thought I was going to hate him, but I never did.
>>
>>30493716
Nothing. In Comparison to X/Y hes actually a rival that has character and is three dimensional, hes nice but not smart and is always the one to realize things dramatically and is mocked for how he acts sometimes. Hes the perfect example of what a non asshole rival should be
>>
>>30493716
I was lied into thinking I was getting x and y tier. His raichu surprised me until I learned that it died to a breeze. Then his flareon revenge kills me with quick attack before I can even get my dying hit off. Then his brionne z moves my last useful pokemon and bubble beams my Salandit.
The game just made him walk off like nothing happened after that.
The raichu was also a monster in Aether paradise. I was surprised that he was a more useful battler than Gladion and even me when I tag teamed with him. His raichu was doing most of the work, his flareon went for a revenge quick attack the one time it got sent out, and his primarina's z move was one shoting.
It's the first time in one of the rival double battles that I've felt like the less competent one.
>>
>>30494479
Gold/Silver rival learns to stop being a fucking asshole

is probably a top tier trainer by the time Sun/Moon takes place because he's not a piece of shit to his pokemon anymore
...now I want to see Hau and a grown up Gold/Silver rival have a battle
>>
File: surge.png (1MB, 1543x3183px) Image search: [Google]
surge.png
1MB, 1543x3183px
>>30493716
I haven't finished the game yet, but from what I've seen so far, there seems to be actual character development. Plus his "let's battle" animation is on point. It's annoying how he always "hurr let's have fun!".
>>
He's overly enthusiastic but Hau is a bro. I find it hard to dislike the guy and he keeps giving me free drugs.
>>
>>30493716
He's an annoying piece of shit, one of the worst rivals with the ones from Gen VI. Gladion was okay but Hau can fuck off.
>>
>>30494655
This. Hau is a well-done friendly rival, which is a rival tier introduced yet failed in XY.
>>
File: 200px-XY_Serena.png (61KB, 200x376px) Image search: [Google]
200px-XY_Serena.png
61KB, 200x376px
Nothing? He was fine...Hell you don't even black out for losing to him aside from one battle or would you prefer pic related again and the 3 stooges?
>>
M A L A S A D A
B O Y S
>>
File: bruh.png (4KB, 92x115px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
4KB, 92x115px
Nothing, Hau is based

He's smug and sarcastic and he feels like Barry minus the head damage. He likes to call out other characters on their bullshit and tries to make everyone happy.

A few of the scenes that stand out to me is when you go to Aether base with Gladion and he starts grilling Gladion on not having a plan and being a fucking idiot in general. Another one is where the dialogue choices let you fuck with him and he gives you "the look"

He's also wicked strong considering how quickly he sweeps the trails and spends all his time eating malasada
>>
>>30497012
>Nothing? He was fine...Hell you don't even black out for losing to him aside from one battle or would you prefer pic related again and the 3 stooges?

Pic related?
Yes.

Three stooges?
No.
>>
File: thumbsupcomputerkid.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsupcomputerkid.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>30493716
Absolutely nothing. Hau is a legit bro. The way he and Gladion played off each other was fantastic. I expected him to suck when we raided Aether, but he went shitting on kids just as hard as I did. He actually KO'd 2 of my dudes on the final battle and made me carry my ass right back to the pokemon center.

I gave snarky answers to everyone the whole game and he had some of the best responses.

>Hey did you know?
>Of Course!
>I haven't finished the question yet

Him, Gladion, and Lillie ended up being best story party. Lillie was annoying at first but got her shit together really fast

Best rival IMO. Can't wait to fight with and against him in the battle tree
>>
>>30493716
He chooses the starter weak to yours.
>>
>>30497349
This. The characters were fantastic this gen. A huge step up from XY's stupid ass crowd, and they finally did the "multiple rivals" thing correctly. Gladion and Hau each felt like good rivals in their own right.

Kinda wished Lillie had hit her stride sooner, though. Felt like when she was saying goodbye I was finally to a point where I was seeing her as more than a walking Pokemon Center and Nebby Antics Dispenser.
>>
>>30493716
he's a discount Barry, with a way worse team
>>
>>30497432
>Kinda wished Lillie had hit her stride sooner
I do too, but then again, considering what it took for her to actually get in gear, I can't be too mad at her.

Lusamine is a complete bitch btw. I was actually glad for Lillie when she put all that effort to get to her JUST to give her a "Reason You Suck" speech
>>
>>30497485
It was incredibly satisfying to hear Lillie give the G-Rated version of "Fuck you, You're a crazy bitch, and I'm dragging you home whether you like it or not!"

It made me feel like Lillie was trying to be the mom in the situation, especially with Lusamine throwing a Nihilego-fueled temper tantrum.
>>
Nothing,he's my favorite rival up to date.He's always trying his best to be positive and cheer everyone when the situation is dire.I also love how he grew as a character and is actually relevant to the story.Although he's that "LMAO SMILE EVERYONE XD" type of character,I like how they showed that he can also feel sadness at the end when Lillie went to Kanto.All in all,he can cheer up everyone without being too annoying.
>>
Hau is fine but Gladion should have shown up more often to balance him out.
>>
Prove Hau isn't a fuckboi, go.
>>
>>30497677
I don't want to fuck him.

What good's a fuckboi if I don't want to fuck him?
>>
>>30493716
They made him a nigger
>>
>>30497793
>Nigger

But he isn't.
>>
>>30493716
He went on to kill Masuda so he could take over with his Malasadas Method.
>>
>>30497980
>A guaranteed shiny after eating 40 Malasada in a row with no breaks.
Would you do it, /vp/?
>>
Hau seems like the kind of bro that would spend all night hanging out with you and being super chill and friendly. And when you start talking about relationship stuff and girls you're both into, and you let it slip that you're a raging virgin, he'd help you out like a bro. But not to the point of outright bending over and spreading himself for you, nothing that wild and kinky. Hell, he probably isn't even into dudes. But he'd stroke you off with a smile on his face while giving you some tips to get with that girl you like.
>>
He's a weird type of optimist. I don't know why gamefreak decided to keep his backstory a thing till after you beat the game, but despite coming off as naive, he's pretty mature about it all.
>>
>>30493716
>Use bulldoze with dugtrio to take out his raichu and the opposing pokemon in the first double battle with him
>the second double battle he uses his z-move to take out my pokemon

Did this happen for anyone else?
>>
File: 1477190737495.png (258KB, 394x602px) Image search: [Google]
1477190737495.png
258KB, 394x602px
>>30498706
Is this a joke? Of course I'll do it!
>>
>>30500181
Goddamn it Anon, that was adorable. I love it. I'm personally adopting this take on his character now.
>>
He turned out to be great, and Hau shitters like you, OP, made me like him even more.
>>
I liked him until he used his z move on my pokemon during double battle. This guy's retarded.
>>
File: 1480479814762.png (375KB, 896x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1480479814762.png
375KB, 896x1078px
Nothing. He is a "HAPPY FRIENDLY RIVAL" done right as Gladion is a welcome call of Silver's style of rivalry. They both grew as a character and they're pretty powerful by the time you become champion and challenge you for the title.
>>
>>30493716
Gamefreak didn't let him have a full team by the time I fought him before going to the E4. Other than that he's a pretty fine character
>>
>>30494426
Green is better, he's an actual rival, this faggot is just a friend.
>>
>>30493716
shoes
>>
>>30500755
Green is also your friend, just that cocky one you have to deal with because you both set off on a journey at the same time
>>
He's ok. Not as bad as XY but definitely a step down from Cheren and Bianca as a friendly rival. His team is a pushover though.

>>30496976
Friendly rivals have been a thing since May wanted the dick in Gen 3
>>
>>30493716
It went wrong when he tries to c u c k you.
>>
>>30493716
Friend done right, unlike Lillie.
>>
he was annoying at first, and I wish he would shut up about malasadas (I've never had one so I have absolutely no frame of reference for their taste) but by the end he was alright.
>>
File: kahuna hau.jpg (1MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
kahuna hau.jpg
1MB, 2480x3508px
One of the better friends/rivals in recent history. He's happy, upbeat, strong, and wants to eat malasadas. Hope he becomes a kahuna.
>>
Worst character ever made, annoying attitude.
>>
>>30500825
Yeah that is where friendship end with Hau and Gladion is my new mate.
>>
>>30501358
He follows in his grandfather's footstep while his dad ran away cause of it (or implied as if). Sadly they just dropped that in the last minute.

But it might a hint for a sequel hooks aside from the bigger ones like Kanto being mentioned a few times.
>>
Dude malasada lmao

Gladion was a lot better
>>
>>30501358
>tfw no sun and moon 2
>>
>>30493716
Literal cuck
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.