[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun/Moon Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 26

How many SOS chains does it take for HAs to start appearing?
>>
Can someone give me a good example of a competetive pokemon team.

Also whats the best way to lv grind
>>
>>30485295
at least 20+ and they become more frequent at 40+
>>
>>30485295
20 = 5%
30 = 10%
40 = 15%
>>
>>30485396
>>30485710
>tfw no move tutors
>tfw no worry seed/spore/false swipe parasect for checking abilities and catching
>>
How do I cycle through my beans in refresh? I want to feed my little shits rainbow beans
>>
>>30487254
Drag to the left to scroll through. It's a bit finicky about it.

Is there no way to get vitamins in S/M other than through battle points?
>>
>>30487254
Scroll with the stylus?
>>
>>30487367
shop near league sells them for 10k
>>
>>30487367
thanks got it, and yeah it's so clunky
>>
>>30487367
You can buy Vitamins as early as the Mt. Hokulani Pokémon Center (the one outside Sophocles' building).
>>
>>30487367
>>30487432
It's not the league one, I think. It's the mountain where the electric trial is.
>>
>>30487432
>>30487488
>>30487506
much appreciated
>>
File: 1476107560499.gif (1MB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
1476107560499.gif
1MB, 394x297px
>>30485295
http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/UberTag/media/HA%20Confirmation.png.html?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
Here you go OP, good luck with this bullshit.
>>
how do you run a Kommo-o?
>>
What are people running Buzzwole with? I was thinkikng 252hp 252att, adamant, Leech Life, Ice Punch, Brick Break, and Bulk Up. BB because I see screens all the damn time lately.
>>
>>30487866
Attacker with sky uppercut
>>
>>30487918
Leech Life
Thunder Punch
Poison Jab/Earthquake
and Hammer Arm. Cause sometimes fucking a tanky cunt comes along and you gotta anal fuck it.
>>
Can I rematch Captains or Kahuna more than once? I know some show up in Battle Tree and others challenge you to a Championship fight but can I only battle Lana, Kiawe/Mallow, Iliama?
>>
I'm about to go UB hunting.
What are the recommended natures for each one?

I know it probably varies depending on your team, but limited availability Pokemon always stress me out. Any input on the best options for natures is appreciated.
>>
>>30486570
Just use a Smeargle and buff the shit out of it with items.

items like X-Defense and Guard Spec finally became useful thanks to chaining.
>>
>>30488009
why even bother with thunder punch? you're much slower than any bird worth a damn?

I'd rather run poison jab and Earthquake to shit on fairies and marowak.
>>
Would a Naughty 252 atk, 6 sp.atk, 252 speed Pheromosa with U-turn, HJK, Poison Jab, and Ice Beam work? People seem to love that same set but with naive and Naughty would make BB raise its attack.
>>
File: 1460628573108.png (191KB, 585x590px) Image search: [Google]
1460628573108.png
191KB, 585x590px
>>30488073
Well, if you have a really high defence with buzzwole. You usually fucking ohko them.
The next fucker comes out, leech life. Ohko again, full health.
>>
>>30488041

Timid for Nihilego. Adamant for Buzzwole. Naive is the big for Pheromosa but many work. Modest/Timid for Xuritree (reset for HP Ice and Hyper Train for I.VS, 3 perfects make HP Ice pretty common) Adamant/Jolly for Kartana, Celesteela has several options and Guzzlord is unknown since its crap.
>>
>>30488130
Most birds will OHKO Buzzwole with that x4 weakness.
>>
>>30488042
you know you can just spam adrenaline orb right? it fails and uses a turn, doesn't consume
>>
What's the best place to exp grind and gain attack evs?
>>
>>30488210
Idk man, most of the birds I verse usually do physical attacks. I survive them a good amount of time.
I would agree if it was Sp.atk then yeah.
Fucking battle-tree is retarded sometimes.
>>
Whats the best pokemon to use for sos chaining? Or does it really depend on the pokemon you want to chain for?
>>
Are only free battles dead, or do you not find people in rated battles too?
>>
>>30488447
"Smeargle"
>>
File: 1476475090077.png (94KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1476475090077.png
94KB, 600x525px
>>30488447
generally smeargle with false swipe/spore/entrainment

for ditto chaining, use a trubbish with only recycle, hypno with switcheroo and twave, and a level 46+ grimer with only memento (to make sure it doesn't learn new moves on level up).
send in trubbish, have opponent ditto transform. switch to hypno, switcheroo a leppa berry onto it. now it will spam recycle endlessly. false swipe it, adrenaline orb, then send in grimer. the new dittos will all transform and suicide with memento. just keep spamming adrenaline orb to waste turns. twave the ditto you want to catch so it stops calling for help.
>>
>>30488073
>you're much slower than any bird worth a damn?
PREDICTIONS
>>
>>30485295
FUCKING CORSOLA YOU PIECE OF SHIT STOP FAILING TO CALL FOR HELP

HA poisonhairwife better be worth this
>>
Best set for Alolan Muk singles?
>>
>>30488581
>>30488586

Smeargle sounds good. I already got myself a 6iv ditto but thanks for that though. I heard that syncing nature's are different with chaining pokemon in? I just got my shiny charm was hoping to get a decent competitive shiny but it's good I should just breed instead. Thanks again you guys.
>>
I just found a Litwick, what's the best ability for it? Also, where is the Day Care?
>>
Can you not upload videos from the Battle Royal in-game? I keep getting told I can't make my video public.
>>
>>30488923
What do you mean by Day Care?
There is no exact equivalent anymore.
The ranch is only for breeding, while Isle Evelup is for passive training.
>>
>>30489053
I mean for breeding. Also, is there an easy egg hatching route?
>>
>>30489148
You know that little fenced area right below the nursery? go there, summon tauros and run around. Yes, it seriously works like that.
>>
What the fuck are these encounter rates on these ultra beasts? I've been looking for Celesteela for 30 minutes.

She better have the sync'd nature.
>>
>>30488210
Ferrothorn has a 4x weakness, less defenses than Buzzwole, and tells even the most optimized of attackers that they're going to have to at least invest 2 hits to kill him.

With Leech Life, being a 2HKO instead of a 1HKO will literally save a match.
>>
Asked in another thread but this one is much more fitting so I'll ask here too.

Hasty or Naive for a Solgaleo? I wanna go mixed. Should I sacrifice some physical bulk (which it can somewhat afford to spare) or should I just capitalize on it's less than perfect special bulk?

Asking because I'm sick of hunting Abra that are Naive AND have Synchronize. 26 Abra later and not one has the combo I need. Feelsbadman.
>>
If I breed a male HA mareanie with a female NA mareanie, is there a chance that my offspring will be HA? I'm trying but 0/10 eggs are HA so far.
>>
>>30490230
The only way for a baby to get a HA from the father is if you breed with Ditto. If they're the same species, it will always inherit the mother's ability/s.
>>
File: 1480140236219.jpg (45KB, 527x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480140236219.jpg
45KB, 527x450px
Making a hail team with Froslass and Snow Warning.

Froslass is my lead but I'm running Snow Warning ninetales, should I open with Ninetales always and then switch Froslass to set up spikes?

What would take priority?

I'm guessing Froslass open with spikes, switch out to ninetales for Hail weather.
>>
I'm trying to get my SOS EV training spots in order
>golbat for speed
>oricorio for sp. attack
>bounsweet for HP

Trumbeak for attack? Comfey for sp. def? And as far as I can tell there's nothing easy to SOS chain for defense since geodudes keep exploding.
>>
What's the best way to farm photo likes and how in the fuck do you get the rare Pokemon to show up for photos? I've taken dozens and dozens of pictures and have yet to see any ones the game considers rare.
>>
>>30490326
Trumbeak for ATK. Both defenses are kinda shit to chain for, honestly. Either the mon has a low encounter rate or does Geodude shit and constantly explodes. Bounsweet has a similar problem, though, where it's hard as fuck to encounter and can only be found in a specific spot anyway.

For the defenses, though, just suck it up and shove them in the Pelago for 13 hours each. Physical defense especially.
>>
>>30490326
Caterpie HP
Yungoos/Grubbin/Spinarak Att
Psyduck SpA
Exeggcute/Cubone Def
Ledyba/Drowzee SpD
Rattata/Diglett/Staryu/Fletchling/basically anything Spe
>>
>>30489882
Should only take a few battles, they tend to take priority over the normal pokemon in the area.
Some of the ultra beasts have 2 routes they can be at, and if you're at the right route the background music out of battle will change.
Maybe you're at the route that Celesteela isn't?
>>
>>30490324
I assume if the Froslass has the hail evasion ability, it'd be better to lead with Ninetales holding light clay and use Aurora Veil, then swap in Froslass?
>>
Does Synchronize actually work with SOS? I've tried it a couple of times and every time it's not the right nature.
>>
Can someone redpill me on Pokebank. Say I have some good pokes on ORAS could i get them other to Sun and when
>>
What's the fastest way to grind mons to 100?
>>
>>30490830
Pokebank won't be available until 2017 for Sun and Moon. Your choices are to wait or inject.

>>30490777
Nice trips. It's weird how it works now. The Synchronize Pokemon has to actually battle now apparently instead of being fainted in the first slot. A quick Google search will work wonders.
>>
>>30490777
Basically how it works is that for SOS battles the synchronize pokem on actually has to be conscious and participate in battle. It's because when you encounter a wild pokemon, the fainted synch pokemon is still at the front of the party, but once you send out your pokemon, the fainted synch gets sent to the back of the party.
>>
How are people running necrozma in doubles?
>>
>>30490944
Nah not gonna cheat
>>
>>30491072
...they're not? He should be banned unless you're going to Anything Goes.
>>
>>30490835
Non-cheating: Lucky Egg + Exp. Share + Refresh Affection (a single rainbow bean should be enough to get the xp boost) + E4 grinding.
Cheating: giving yourself 999 rare candies.
>>
I'm about to go catch the rest of the Tapu. After that, is there anything worth doing? I've got the UBs, and I haven't hit up the trial captains yet, but I'd like to level up my team a bit before I stop playing until January.
>>
>>30490686
thats a good idea, however i need to lay spikes down asap
>>
>>30491096
I feel you. I don't plan to cheat either.
>>
>>30491263
There's still Necrozma, if you haven't caught it.
Then you can start with the Battle Tree/Battle Royal.
How do you have rematches against the Trial Captains anyway?
>>
>>30485295
How can I scroll through pokebeans on refresh? Is it possible or do I have to get rid of all the other beans first?
>>
>>30491458
Just swipe to the left/right.
>>
>>30491404
Ilima: talk to him in his house
Lana: go to her house and battle her sisters
Kiawe (Sun): talk to him in his house and follow him to Walmart
Mallow (Moon): idk but I assume it involves going to the restaurant
Sophocles: E4
Molayne: E4
Plumeria: E4
Hapu: E4
>>
>>30491482
I swear I tried it and it doesn't work. I'll try when I get home.

The different colors don't mean shit this time around, do they?
>>
>>30491511
It doesn't always work.
because Gamefreak.
>>
>>30491511
Colors don't matter, but the beans are divided into three tiers, with increasing effects.
Regular, Patterned, and Rainbow.
>>
Saw a marowak build posted earlier, whats best for it?
>>
Is there a good leveling or trainer battling place in S&M like how X&Y had the Battle Chateu?
>>
>>30491404
>Battle Tree/Battle Royal
Nah. I really hate battle facilities. I really miss Black Tower/White Treehollow. You could still level your team, decent challenge, and an awesome reward.
>>
Is there any way to tell exactly what a pokemon's IVs are apart from 31/0? Or is it just better to depend on luck for hidden powers
>>
FUCKING HOW DO I CHAIN HA MAREANIE

I KEEP USING SPORE BUT IT WAKES UP IN ONE FUCKING TURN WHILE I CHECK HA AND KILLING CORSOLA

HOW THE FUCK
>>
Any QR codes for the 1,2,3,4 and 5th gen starters? All I can found is from Alolan pokemons and some 1st gen, I wanna breed some
>>
>>30488933
Bumping this. Also, does the Masked Royal ever appear in master rank? I've done dozens of them and haven't seen him once.
>>
>>30491711
At the breeding place, Paniola Ranch, the cowgirl to the left inside will tell you what HP type a pokemon has.
That, and the ace trainer outside the Battle Tree will give you a function for your PC to check pokemon IVs if you have hatched 20+ eggs.
>>
What should I name my Alolan Muk(female)?
>>
>>30491808
Glitter
>>
>>30491711
>>30491801
And when using the IV checker, the ratings go as follows:
31 - Best
30 - Fantastic
26-29 - Very Good
16-25 - Pretty Good
1-15 - Decent
0 - No Good
>>
>>30490944
>>30491038
Well this makes getting a Ditto of the right nature much more annoying.
>>
>>30491801
>>30491878
>Fantastic is always 30
That helps a lot, thanks
>>
XP share still shares EVs, right?
Is there an easy way to check how much EVs you have?
>>
>>30492035
summary, Y
>>
File: 1479107439169.png (78KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479107439169.png
78KB, 600x500px
>accidentally skipped the Haina Desert trial and am now starting in Poni island
This kind of game design should be condemned.
Anyway, thinking of created a quick team to go through it, about lvl 28-33 maybe.
What pokemon evolve around then?
>>
>>30492035
Yes it still shares evs. Press the Y button on the stats menu to see how your mon's evs are being distributed. The stat will sparkle if its maxed out, and the bars turn blue if the mon has maximum evs.
>>
>>30491785
nevermind, found them by myself, if anyone needs them mega:///#!UIlnRZSI!Hgzjsty9p1yosUUTbPDH_bE1qeZf2OMN_KoZcoNDamw
>>
So I got an Adamant Stufful one my first capture attempt and I really wanna use it but I got cucked by Klutz. How hard is it too get an ability capsule to change that shit tier ability out or would it take until post game until I could do it? Because if thats the case im just gonna use something else
>>
>>30492078
>trial

whoa hold the fuck up, what trial
>>
>>30491918
It does, but Abra can be caught in one Quick Ball and has a 25% spawn rate in Hau'oli City Shopping District. You can buy Quick Balls in the Pokemon Center in Route 8. It's tedious as fuck (aiming at a Naive Synchronize Abra myself, 4 hours later. Shit sucks) but it's really the only way aside from waiting for Bank or injecting.
>>
>>30492129
Yeah right after Ghost there's a FUCKING TRIAL right off of Route 13, completely missable.
>>
>>30492124
Ability capsule price was nerfed, now it's only 100 BP instead of 200. Granted, that's still a shit ton of points, but still.
>>
>>30492147
>>30492129
There's no trial; just a crystal.
>>
>>30492147
i can't find anything about this online

by trial do you just mean the desert opening up? that's not the same as a trial
>>
>>30492172
Oh fuck thank God. Thought I just skipped a big part. Got nervous.

ANYWAY. What pokemon evolve at the 25-35 range, going to make a whole team out of them just to get some spots filled in the pokedex
>>
>>30492156

Well ive never actually used the battle royal thing before and im sitting around lv25 with all my Pokemon so Im guessing its a long way away until I can get one?
>>
>>30492330
That looks to be the case. Sorry, anon.
>>
How do you get ability capsules?
>>
>>30492354
Wait, nvm, answer is higher in the thread.
>>
>>30492352

Oh well thanks for the info Anon. I can find other options and maybe even go back to it post game
>>
>>30492209
The Ice, Flying, and Psychic Z-Crystals are just on pedestals in odd places. We know there was a Flying trial planned, so it's likely that there were Ice and Psychic trials planned that didn't get made in time for deadlines.
>>
Will a move that's powered by the Technician ability still get the added 50% damage if it's then used as a Z-Move?
>>
>>30491132
Battle spot.
>>
>>30492740
No, the base power of any Z-move exceeds technician range.
>>
>>30493030
I thought I was on to something. Makes sense. Thank you.
>>
>>30492137
I got a full set of 25 synchronize abras (though obviously most of those natures will see no use) in an hour and a half by breeding. I don't understand why people catch them wild instead.
>>
>>30493230
This. Even if you have to breed for a while longer than you'd like for those last 2-3 Abra, it's easier to breed than to encounter something, hope it's an Abra, hope it's a Synchronize Abra, and hope it's a Synchronize Abra with the Nature you want.

Besides, you're gonna use maybe 6 of those Natures? Definitely not the Neutrals, so that's already 5 out of the way. You're not gonna use a defense/sp defense down Nature because you like living, so that's another 10 natures you won't use except to go for a Mixed Attacker. Speed down is also a no-go unless you're gonna run a Trick Room comp. That leaves
>+Attack; -Sp. Atk
>+Sp Atk; -Atk
>+Speed; -Sp. Atk
>+Speed; -Atk

I don't really play competitive, so I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of Natures.
>>
I got no luck with fucking SOS chaining
>Toss Adrenaline orb
>Just spam non-damaging moves
>They call for ONE guy at most
>>
>>30490549
>>30490326
Those EV trainings share through exp share, right?
>>
>>30493333
Yes. Power item +8 boosts do not pass through exp share though, only the pokemon holding the item gets the benefit of it.
>>
What's the best nature for a Pyukumuku?
>>
>>30493368
Thanks for the confirmation
>>
>>30493369
I imagine you want low defense coupled with good ev investment into hp, unless there are pyukumuku strats with a bit more finesse than just dying as hard as possible.
>>
>>30493310
mons that are paralyzed or asleep call far less often, what non-damaging moves have you been using?
also certain abilities like pressure and unnerve increase the chances of SOS calls too apparently, though pressure's bad since it makes them struggle to death sooner. i think intimidate might do it too now, not sure though.
>>
>>30485295
HAs?
>>
>>30491773
No idea. Maybe swallow your pride and ask someone for a breedject? Anons of /vp/ seem friendlier overall than on other boards I visit.
>>
>>30493440
HA stands for Hidden Ability.
>>
>>30485295
HA? Hidden ability?
>>
Can mons just stop SOS chaining for whatever reason? Ive had a 1hp dragonair here just sitting with its ass still for about 15 turns now and it's not even trying to call for help.
>>
>>30490152
I can give you that abra if you want, if you're still there
>>
>>30493775
Nope, you're just rolling bad. Investigate whether or not you've invoked the wrath of the RNGods, or Gamefreak. Maybe you said something stupid and forbidden? Any of these phrases will get you in trouble:
>I won't catch them all.
>Fucking Gamefreak stop making shitty games.
>Khalil is a byproduct of SM being rushed.
>Pokebank is a scam.
>I won't buy Pokebank.
>ORAS was a bad game.
>Serena is the canon love interest.
>Fuck Pikachu.
>>
>>30493871
Nah, my luck took a 180 and the next dragonair it called had wonder scale and 4 IVs including attack.

ORAS was a bad game tho.
>>
what are all the post-game rematch battles and where can i find them?

i've already fought: ilima, mallow, lana, and guzma
>>
File: 1405233818374.jpg (103KB, 883x691px) Image search: [Google]
1405233818374.jpg
103KB, 883x691px
>jolly 252 atk Kommo-o with bad IVs has 170 attack stat
>go on showdown to use teambuilder to see what his attack could be with 31 IVs
>"162"

What will it really be?
>>
>>30495440
go to serebii and add 63 to the neutral stat cap
>>
>>30495459
actually, i dont know exactly how much attack 252 ev gives. i think it's 63?
>>
>>30485295
How do you know gor sure if a pokemon has its hidden ability if it's not something that activates right away ?
>>
>>30495512
use an ability change move on them, you will see what their original ability was

good choices are: exeggcute (worry seed) and entrainment (pangoro)
>>
>>30495459
225 doesn't sound right to me, but I'll have a bottle cap 15 minutes from now, so I can just savescum to check once he's 100 I guess.
>>
>>30495468
Yes, it's 63.

>>30495512
The best way to do it is what >>30495530 said and use a move that changes their ability.

Depending on the ability, you can sometimes figure it out. Bagon, for instance, gets Sheer Force as an ability, and knows Ember when encountered in the wild. All you gotta do is wait for an Ember that doesn't burn you and deals more damage than the others deal.

Alternatively you could Trace. Mega Alakazam has Synchronize (for Nature farming) and gets Trace when it becomes Mega.
>>
>>30485295

What is a good move set for Mimikyu?

I figure I will just breed one with good sp attack, attack, and speed ivs.
>>
>>30495615
I use SD, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Play Rough
Jolly 252, 252
Red Card

Got me to Super Singles round 65 almost completely on its own.
>>
>>30495646
Pkay Rough got me through the elite four by itself.

Only stumbled when I hit kikui's snorlax.

It was at that point I realized I had no fighting pokemon and the rest of my team was underleveled.
>>
>>30495646

So attack is the way to go I guess?

Swords Dance worth the slot? Honestly I never really bothered with stats boosting moves before.
>>
>>30495761
Disguise gives you a free turn to use it.
>>
How many chains would it take to EV train something fully without the bracers?
>>
How hard it is to get Destiny Knot from Pickup ?

Trying to get one with Lvl 30~ Lillipup and no luck yet

Fuck Battle Tree
>>
Is it possible to breed Bullet Punch for Machop before Bank?
>>
>>30495787

I was OHKOing things without it. Though I guess it is a good idea against equal level and ev trained stuff.
>>
>>30495804
AFAIK Chaining doubles the EV. So if you're chaining with 1 EV mons then you'll max out after 126 chain.
>>
>>30495835
So I suppose it is really worth it to lose Battle Royal on purpose 64 (sixty-four) times to get the Attack, Sp Attack, HP and Speed bracers, huh
>>
I see people saying Torkoal is a Monster now in VGC
What set?
>>
>>30495933
Protect
Eruption
Heat Wave
Solar Beam

use Trick Room setter as ally
>>
>>30495980
Defensive or offensive evs?
>>
>>30495994
offense
>>
Can the island scan mons SOS chain?
>>
>>30496211
No
>>
Can I use a mega evolution as well as a z move? On different pokemon. Or am I restricted to just one of them?
>>
>>30496211
>A bunch of decent mons with good HAs
>Can't get a single one of them, turning the Island Scan list from "goodstuffs with some classic faces mixed in" to "almost complete garbage outside of 3 guys, and only one of those if you dislike stunshit".
>>
>>30495808
The problem is you're using A level 30 Lilipup and not 5.
Catch Meowth at Maile Garden, they're 25ish then just go murder some shit at Poni for a while with EXP share.
>>
>>30496378
Well duh, I used 6 of them killing everything in first route.

So just leave it to luck and keep going then ?
>>
>>30496257
You can use both in same battle
>>
How does EV training even work now with SOS? Assume I don't how power bracelets or pokerus. Is it 1 2 4 8 etc per KO?
>>
>>30496556
It's just double the normal amount, so if the pokemon has a 2 EV yield, you will get 4.
This doubling happens AFTER the increase of the power item, so for a 1 EV pokemon, (1 + 8) * 2 = 18, meaning you can fully EV train in 1 stat in 14 kills.

Don't try to EV train without the power items. It will take fucking ages.
>>
>>30496608
So if you were to kill a mon on the first turn before it could SOS you'd get 1ev, but if you killed it then the next one before it could summon a third you'd get 2+2=4
>>
>>30496641
yes
>>
>>30496641
I'm not certain if the original encountered pokemon will give double EVs after SOSing.
I've always just left it alive and made it the 15th kill, just to be sure.
>>
>>30496666
Nice try Saran
>>
>literally have to wait for a walrein to use all its goddamn rest charges and start struggling before i can finally poison it and end the battle

fuck you, computer
>>
Why do the Tauros rocks come back as soon as you reload the area?

Why does the SOS system kick in right after the first challenge all but forcing players to level up the pokemon they catch with and exclusively with exp. share?

Why are all the pokemon so goddamn slow?

Why does Kadabra not get confusion upon leveling up anymore, and more to the point, how the fuck are you supposed to get it since it's not longer given upon evolving?

Why did they fuck up wild pokemon levels yet again forcing you to grind for hours if you're already defeated all the trainers in the area?

Why is it that early on "alolan" means that they just slapped a dark type on it or outright replaced its type with dark?

Why am I being bombarded with fucking cutscenes like I'm playing a metal gear crossover?

In what way is this NOT the blunder of the century?

What did he mean by this?

Did I like it?

Bane?
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to get a HA Phantump?

It keeps healing itself, rarely ever summons help, and is immune to false swipe. Plus there is no way to ceck wether it has the HA or not.

Kill me please
>>
>>30496864
>there is no way to check
Switcheroo a berry onto it and use sunny day?
>>
>>30496834
2/10
Made me give you a (you) and say that spamming same shit turns stale after first 200 or so threads.
>>
>>30496930
First time I've posted here since the b/w hype, m80. Maybe if people made a shitload of threads on the subject then it's because that's the way it is.

Please though, justify some of that shit. Justify how Gen 5 got HMs and movable world items so right while this game gets it so wrong. Show me the obscured brilliance in fucking up Kadabra. Let me know just why I should love the fact that grinding a pokemon at or around the level of those of the wild pokemon nearby inevitably degrades into calling for help until I lose the war of HP attrition and need to run back to a pokemon center (or use a potion) after every battle.
>>
>>30495646
Is Jolly better than Adamant? I thought maybe with Disguise, the extra power might be preferable.
>>
>>30497014
You already got the extra power from Sword Dance, Jolly + max Spd EV to outspeed enemy mons
>>
What's a good partner for Alola Raichu in doubles? I know Tapu Koko is there to setup the Electric terrain but aside from that I don't know where to start
>>
>>30498658
Xurkitree is also good, since it can also set up Electric Terrain and is a powerful contender itself.

You can also use Ground Silvally so that you can spam Discharge or another AoE move with impunity. Just watch out for Surf.
>>
Can Sylveon learn dig this generation?
>>
>>30498729
After checking, they took out dig as a tm. What the hell? Is GameFreak retarded? Yet another move locked in past games for some inane reason.
>>
>>30498810
If you can transfer backwards in PokeBank you could teach any mons dig from BW2/XY/ORAS, and then transfer them up.

I dunno how pokebank works, though, so somebody can correct me on this.
>>
>>30498834
>If you can transfer backwards in PokeBank
You can't
>>
Can any pokemon spawn a SOS weather exclusive, provided that the weather effect is active? I've been trying to a get a goomy for 20 minutes now
>>
How do the wild pokémon in pelago work? Is there a way to guarantee that they'll want to join the next day?
>>
File: __acerola_pokemon.jpg (68KB, 700x979px) Image search: [Google]
__acerola_pokemon.jpg
68KB, 700x979px
Aside of beating E4, which is the fatest way to level up Pokemons to lv50-60?
>>
>>30499016
from what I've heard, mons outside of the battle tree.
>>
>>30499016
Battle Restaurant. Quit before you hit 10 turns, and the counter will reset but you'll keep everything else and will be able to do it again that day.
>>
>>30498958
No, but you can increase the chance by putting pokebeans in the basket
>>
>>30499049
quit how
>>
>>30499073
Literally just walk out.
>>
>>30499073
Just walk out the door, man.
>>
>>30490326
The Lillipup and Mudbray at Paniola Ranch are great as they show up 95% of the time. Aside from that, Tauros also appears and gives 1 Attack, 1 Speed
>>
Why did they make so many pokemon ridiculously rare. I've spent 3 hours trying to get a Feebas in Brooklet hill. Don't even want to try for Dhelmise anymore at this point.
>>
>>30491263
If you're gonna stop playing till January, you might wanna toss some Pokemon into Isle Evelup for the levels.
>>
>>30491511
try touching the space between the beans near the bottom of the row when you swipe
>>
>>30491589
Battle Tree and Battle Royal Dome
>>
Whats the best place to grind exp. Im trying to fill my dex and have a lot of shit to evolve.
>>
There was an image showing what pokemon appear in each island, can someone post it again please?
>>
>>30496864
smeargle with soak, worry seed, spore and false swipe
>>
Reposting again

When can you battle the trial captains?

Serebii lists each captain as a trainer you can battle in each trial area at an appropriate level for where you are in the game but none of them have challenged me since the first captain.

Am I missing something here?
>>
I'm at Rank 41 in the Festival Plaza, when should I start seeing 5 star shops from the fat fucker
>>
What should I do after completing the dex?
>>
Is special or mixed Kommo-o worth using?
>>
How does one actually get dittos with good ivs without hax?
>>
I'm trying to clean my UB blaster in Pokémon refresh and even though I've gotten all the dust off of the bottom of it it won't move up to his head area so I can clean the top part. And I've done so successfully before, this is the first time this has happened.
Anyone else have this issue? And if so is there a fix for it?
>>
Which nature is best for Lele? I feel like Timid is the way to go.
>>
>>30503697
>worry seed

Entrainment is better since Worry Seed would give the mon Insomnia
>>
Where do you get Return?
Apparently you get it in Malie City from an Oranguru, but i just went and its not there
>>
I'm trying to register a friend I did a link trade with as a friend, but when I click on the "I'll register you as a VIP!" option, it says "Registration failed". Why is that?
>>
Is there a way for me to farm PP UPs in this game? I remember being able to do so in White.
>>
File: Untitled-1 (3).jpg (295KB, 687x840px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 (3).jpg
295KB, 687x840px
Which is a good team, moves and tactics for the 3v3 battle tree?

I must be really retarded, but I don't matter what I pick I kick my ass kicked every time
>>
how many pokemon are in alola
I have 292 pokemon
>>
>>30504686
The Oranguru appears at night.
>>
The alt world portal opens at in-game time day in moon, correct?
>>
Anyone know a good way of finding a HA Alolan-Grimer to breed with? I tried using Trace on a Porygon to check each new Grimer during my chain. But idk if that will work since The Power of Alchemy picks up another ability w/o telling me firsthand.

The method I've come up with to try and test so far is spamming False Swipe and hoping the poke has Poison Touch from The Power of Alchemy, since it'll tell me if it would have poisoned me if it was Alchemy or not. Any better ideas?
>>
Does the TM trick really work for increasing happiness enough to evolve in about 10 minutes?
>>
Can Honedge and Driftloon breed? And if they do who is going to be the Egg Pokemon?
>>
>>30505829
no
TMs do not increase happiness
>>
File: screenshot_00015.png (244KB, 507x574px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_00015.png
244KB, 507x574px
This will be my first Pokemon game where I'll get into breeding and nature and need some help.

What'd be the best natures for these 5 and EVs I should focus?

I have two 6IV Dittos of Adamant and Jolly natures, a everstone and destiny knot.

Also, I'm not into competitive a lot but I want the best natures for in-game only.
>>
>>30504379
>his
>>
>>30506148
>EVs, nature
that largely depends on the team and moveset itself

alas...

Golispod will almost definitely want Adamant
Mimikyu Jolly or (if doubles) Brave (Trick Room)
Arcanine runs Adamant (physical offensive) and Careful (WoW/Morning Sun tank)
Braviary usually Adamant or Jolly
No idea what Vikavolt runs in all honesty
>>
>>30505880
No, they don't share an egg group.
Also adding:
Genderless pokemon can only breed with ditto if they can breed at all.
The egg is always the same as the female (Or the non-ditto) And nidoran is kinda special

>>30505427
Simple beam/ worry seed/ entrainment will also tell you the ability they have.

>>30505295
It's not depending on the game version. It's the box legendary you have.
Bat can open it during the day, Lion during the night. When you have both you can open it whenever.
>>
Why is Marowak good now?
>>
>>30506397
I guess I can replace Vikavolt with Lapras, I need a SpA after all.
Too bad tho, I love its design, it's a shame I have to leave it outside just because GF wanted it to suck.
>>
File: Sasha-Grey-ppcorn.jpg (82KB, 1300x650px) Image search: [Google]
Sasha-Grey-ppcorn.jpg
82KB, 1300x650px
Any recommendations for Battle Tree?

I'm running LO Lele, SpDef Marow, and Pain Split Bewear but I keep getting my shit pushed in by the random hypnoisis gengar or any other type of bullshit like that around round 17.
>>
best way to levelup the festival plaza?

What are the must-have stalls?
>>
File: 1445199624347.jpg (44KB, 438x336px) Image search: [Google]
1445199624347.jpg
44KB, 438x336px
How do I get more missions to start appearing?
Is there something I'm doing wrong? It seems like I hardly ever get any missions.
>>
A Raichu or Magneton for a playthrough?
>>
>>30506799
Literally running in circles with your Tauros in front of the egg girl
>>
>>30506720
doing the type match up tests

cafe/restaurant and drifblim baloon apperentely, the more stars the better
>>
>>30506864
>>30506799

Shit, I fucked up, it was meant for a post in another thread.
>>
>>30506799
raichu tbqh
>>
>>30507183
>tfw Defense down, Speed up nature
I accept this
>>
Is it true that if your Synchronize pokemon is dead, it won't work for natures in this gen?
>>
Just wondering what can I do with a Klutz Bewear competitively? Just hatched a shiny bewear but it has Klutz of all things. Will ability capsule work for Klutz?
>>
>>30507363
Fluffy or nothing
This might as well be inarguable
>>
>>30507363
You poor thing, I'll trade you an ability capsule. FC?
>>
>>30507363
ability capsule will work. HA's are the only things that it doesn't work with
>>
>>30507515
What are you looking for in return? I can trade a destiny knot if you don't already have one?
>>
I just realized I said I hatched a bewear lol derp moment glad you know I mean stufful
>>
Is it normal for your team to be like 10 levels lower than your opponents when you first reach the Elite 4?
>>
>>30504476
Pls respond. Also what investments do people prefer on Araquanid?
>>
where the fuck do I get a petaya berry?

I think serebii has it wrong I'm soft resetting at this tree like a motherfucker and not getting it

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/berrytrees.shtml
>>
>>30507552
Any of the 5IV stuffuls you have left over would be great! FC is 2251-8924-5444
>>
>>30507679
timid is fine. you already do a good amount of damage with psychic while your terrain is up

I'd say max hp and attack on araquanid
but I haven't used it much yet
>>
File: 1471709392122.png (17KB, 200x94px) Image search: [Google]
1471709392122.png
17KB, 200x94px
>>30507599
>derp
>>
>>30507778
Unfortunately berries can't be soft reset. I had the same problem with poni island berries as well.
>>
>>30488224
Near the battle tree, chain bewears
>>
Can you get mons with HA with the QR scans?
>>
>>30485295
What the fuck does HAs mean
>>
Ay way to read Pokemon memories in this game?
>>
>>30507614
Did you turn off Exp. sharing? If so, yes.
>>
How can Torkoal learn Eruption in SM?
Do I need a Cyndaquil from Island Scan and breed it?
>>
File: IMG_2852.jpg (152KB, 1024x1151px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2852.jpg
152KB, 1024x1151px
So since this thing is a physical attacker, what's the best set for it?
>>
>>30510482
Nothing, use it special. That's the meta since it gets no physical fairy stab and wild charge as its only good physical electric stab.
>>
>>30510056
Yes, either cyndaquil or smeargle
>>
Are the Jangmo-o's that attack you in the trial pre-determined?

Just wondering, since this would be the perfect time to farm a Claw if they aren't.
>>
>>30500010
Feebas' entire gimmick is being rare.
>>
File: 1457606849036.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1457606849036.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>30500010
You abusing the "rustling spots? If not, go down to the wishiwashi totem site and enter and exit it. 1% is complete bs, but 5% is completely manageable, IMO.

Also, looking for a concensus here:
I'm looking for an HA gabite; but because this fucker only shows up in weather, I gotta chain sandiles or dugtrios to get it. Can I just kill the sandiles off and start chaining gabite as soon as one shows up?

In another thread, I was told that I can get HA gabite through sandiles (or other mons in Haina); just want another opinion, because google is shit.
>>
>>30511149
I've been farming Dhelmise's spot for like 6 hours total his "rustling" rate is 10%. RNGsus has yet to smile on me

Got like a dozen Sticky Barbs though
>>
Where's a place to do double battles post game? If you want to use Sketch to learn moves.
>>
Does it still work where if you have a pokemon with Compoundeyes fainted in the front, it still has its effect?
>>
File: 1477533910820.png (90KB, 336x258px) Image search: [Google]
1477533910820.png
90KB, 336x258px
Redpill me about the pokemon league,i should prepare my ass?

Quick ways to level up before going to the pokemon league?
>>
>>30512332
just battle tree.

use wild smeargles on route 2 instead. have them sketch the move from your mon, then switch in your smeargle and sketch it from them.

if it's a killing move, have it SOS another one.
>>
What's the Shiny rate for SOS battles? I'm about 70 Wishiwashi in, does the Shiny rate cap after a certain point?
>>
>>30512428
I beat it underleveled using items. It's up there in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>30512547
Can i beat it with only 4 mons and using items?
>>
>>30512603
if you were only leveling four mons they're probably higher level than they need to be.
>>
File: 1479332547417.jpg (124KB, 600x664px) Image search: [Google]
1479332547417.jpg
124KB, 600x664px
>>30485295
I want to beat Moon, then start over as a gril and do some kinda crazy nuzlock-style runthrough. How bad of an idea is this
>>
>>30507344
I tested it and it does work.
Still won't work on chained pokemons though.
>>
>>30507344
it works on encounters but not chains, because during battle it sends the fainted mon to the back of your party instead of the front.
>>
>>30508169
Hey sorry I just saw this message. Still open for a trade? Post FC plz
>>
>>30513011
Damnit I can't read my bad lol adding you now will be online soon! Do you want a 5IV or 6IV and which stat do you want that'll be 30 or lower?
>>
Can anyone give me any bounsweet with play rough since I'm lazy?
>>
File: 1477698153842.png (66KB, 913x581px) Image search: [Google]
1477698153842.png
66KB, 913x581px
Best nature for Guzzlord?
>>
>>30513069
Adamant
>>
>>30513069
I got mine as modest and bulked him up with max Sp.A and half HP half defense

You wanna get anything that leans towards special attack though
>>
>>30493777
Fuck, I went to sleep just before this message was posted. Feelsbadman. If you're somehow still around I'll definitely take you up on that.
>>
>>30513089
Why not Brave? He at least gets Flamethrower, that could be worth going mixed for, right? And he's not losing that much speed since he hardly has any to begin with.

>>30513116
This on the other hand, I dunno. It has a lot more physical moves than special.
>>
How many EVs do all the new methods of getting them give? Trying to min-max my UBs but don't want to accidentally give them too many EVs in the wrong stat.
>>
File: 1395103173422.png (2KB, 124x182px) Image search: [Google]
1395103173422.png
2KB, 124x182px
Best nature for Necrozma?
>>
>>30513159
Oh damn I actually did read his chart wrong, your totally right. Confused special attack with attack.

I retract what I said lmao lean towards attack. I guess I gotta somehow make mine work
>>
>>30504379
Anyone?
>>
What's there to do in the alternate world?
>>
>>30513196
Isle evelup gives 4 evs per session. Dunno about Plaza meals, tho
>>
How can I get Aegislash to learn King's Shield/Sacred Sword?
Evolved Doublade at lvl 41
>>
>>30496834
Holy crap Kadabra was such a chore. Didn't learn any offensive moves until like level 23, and wasn't compatible with any TMs the game gives you up to that point. I can't believe I stuck with it for as long as I did. On top of never killing things in one shot except the ones directly weak to Psychic.
>>
>>30513038
Hey, I'm here now. Well, 6IV would be ideal, actually, just wasn't sure if you had one. Otherwise, 5 is fine.
>>
>>30514617
Cool just send link invite whenever your ready I'm online now. I also have 5star battle table for my plaza recomd. just letting you know
>>
>>30514657
Perfect, that'll be super useful! Thanks anon, enjoy!
>>
>>30514617
Hey I forgot to mark the 6iv so if that wasn't a 6iv let me know. Forgot you can't check IVs in link trade
>>
>>30514759
Looks like it's missing some in Sp. Def, could we swap?
>>
>>30485295
What influences how often an SOS mon actually appears when help is called?

I'm tired of waiting 10+ turns for something to actually show, god damn it.
>>
>>30515861
I believe Intimidate, Pressure, and Unnerve cause the likelihood of a wild Pokemon calling for help to increase, if that helps.
>>
>>30515861
amount of damage the mon has taken + status conditions increase the chance
>>
>>30515951
>>30515970

I know how to boost the call rate, but it seems like help only shows up 10% of the time for this mon. Is there a way to boost that chance?
>>
How do I get an HA Gabite?
>>
Does the Battle Royale lag really really bad for anyone else? im using a regular 3ds though. its making grinding for bp rly obnoxious and not worth it.
>>
>>30516053
I have one if you wna
>>
File: 1480216010059.jpg (90KB, 750x751px) Image search: [Google]
1480216010059.jpg
90KB, 750x751px
Im building a battle tree team using only alolan shinies, what would be a good third member to round things off.
So far i just have.

Dewpider- Water/Bug

Dhelmise- Grass Ghost
>>
>>30515990
adrenaline orbs
>>
>>30512672
Why not wait until PokeBank is available?
>>
>>30516169
Minior
>>
>>30516246
Exactly what i was thinking, i was split between Minior, Komala and Kommo-o. But it sounds like mini has the best typing for the job.
>>
>>30516180
Doesn't that only boost the rate that pokemon call for help at?

I'm asking specifically, is there a way to prevent "its help didn't appear" from happening? I think the target's level factors into it.
>>
File: 1361417789536.gif (612KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1361417789536.gif
612KB, 500x333px
>>30512358
Bumping this
>>
>>30511149
You can't swap the species in a chain. You have to chain sandiles until one of the gibles that pop up happens to have HA
>>
>>30516114

I'd gladly take one or a breedject, if you're still there. What do you want in exchange?
>>
>>30516839

Nevermind, just got one off of GTS.
>>
>>30514997
Sorry I just saw this! I was fishing through all my stuffuls and I can't find any max. I thought I had a few but I mistaken the fantastic for it being 31 but i found one where it's 30 in hp and 31 in every other stat. Or a one where it's special attack is very good compared to every other stat being best (it's adamant so you don't want any special attack anyway) I'll throw a bottle cap on whichever one you want for the inconvenience. I'll be online for awhile
>>
>>30506148
I am having fun with a modest Vikavolt with HP/SpA EVs, with the little remainder into speed.

I gave it agility for when I know I am going to have a a turn to "waste". It can take some pretty decent hits, and it can hit back even harder.
>>
>>30516966
Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it!
>>
>>30517141
No problem bro sorry for the mishap. I just wish we could check IVs in link trade. Enjoy :)
>>
Which Festival Plaza facilities are the desirable ones and why?
>>
>>30517326
Any version exclusive shop is desirable, but dye shops are among the top because fuck gamefreak for making clothing version exclusive
>>
W/out spoiling myself by reading ahead in a guide or somewhere, just beat Olivia, can I start using the Greninja from the demo?
>>
How many times does Necrozma appears? Just once?
Looker seems not convinced the mission is over.
>>
TWO QUESTIONS
ONE how do you activate solgaleos radiant sun and lunaalas full moon phase?
TWO why is no one talking about the above question already?
>>
Best natures/stats for Kommo-o?
>>
File: Solgaleo IVs.png (69KB, 786x739px) Image search: [Google]
Solgaleo IVs.png
69KB, 786x739px
Worth keeping? Or try again? I don't wanna use my bottlecaps on it so I'm trying to get a decent one off the bat. Aiming at Mixed Sweeper
>>
Where can I find a moon stone?
>>
When can I catch a ground type that isn't alolan diglett?
>>
>>30519670
Mudbray's early into the second island and he will become your bro for life if you get one with Stamina.
>>
Help /vp/

If i train up the Cosmog i got post-game to a Cosmoem, trade it over to a friend with Moon with a rare candy and have them use it, will it become a Lunala? Shit would be dope. I'm 5 Pokemon short of a complete Aloladex, and Cosmoem, Lunala, Silvally and the two moon exclusive Ultra Beasts are the only ones still missing.
>>
>>30485295
took me forever to get an emolga with Motor Drive

little shits fail often to call for help
>>
>>30512358
>>30516551
yes
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.