[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon_go_logo.png (119KB, 608x370px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_logo.png
119KB, 608x370px
What went wrong?
>>
>>30485098

western character designs
>>
>>30485098
NIANTIC
>>
>>30485098
Literally no gameplay
>>
>>30485098
>no battles
>gen 1 only
>not much to do ingame
>>
>>30485098
No tracker
No pvp
No trading
No gens beyond 1
The entire game being a fucking Safari Zone sim, except the food item does fuck all to keep shit from fleeing
>>
>>30485098
Very shallow, repetitive gameplay, combined with slow updates. It was fun while it lasted, but it just couldn't hold people's attention for that long.
>>
pokemon equivalent to stamp collecting. Normies got bored, and now that summer's over they've all moved on and even if a perfect update came out they won't come back
>>
>>30485098
Boring after a week or two, seriously it's bad.
>>
Instead of restating what everyone else said, I'm gonna add some reasons why it's bad even for people who still enjoy the game and it's concept

>Winter
>Gyms are still imbalanced as hell, and right they're the main appeal of the game
>Winter
>Too much grinding required
>Winter
>The game is meant to promote going out and seeing the sights around you but it doesn't reward you nearly well enough to be fun, especially in rural places where the interesting landmarks still aren't documented as Stops
>Winter
>>
>>30485620
Meant to say
>right now they're the main appeal
>>
Everything
>>
>>30485098
Early lifetime of the game had too many problems, got too repetitive too quickly, and was riddled too hard with the same 2-6 pokemon all over the place. The EXP curve was stupid as hell (although that's a Niantic thing in general; ask Ingress players). The game routinely dropped your GPS signal and had other problems on all but some of the latest phones, even ones that fulfilled the minimum requirements to play the game. Gyms fucked up constantly. Numerous glitches that could make it difficult to play the game, with no compensation given for these unlike every mobage on the market. Servers couldn't support the playerbase for a good week and a half after initial release.

All of these problems made it hard to reel in and more importantly KEEP the casual crowds. Arguably the best things to come out of Go were more publicity for Ingress (and good luck getting your foot in the door in THAT game) and Pokemon (SM sales have been some of the highest-selling in years).

Also this >>30485620
It's fucking winter, and places are cold. Only place you're going to still be getting routine traffic is Florida, and that's about 60% old people.
>>
Terrible grind, shitty HORRIBLE mechanics, basically just collect game that's it.
>>
>tracking is still ass
>speed restrictions on finding pokemon, pokestops
>reduced catch rate at higher levels
>are you a passenger? are you a passenger are you a passenger?
>keep adding "features" to reduce and control gameplay
>battles restricted to gyms only
>gym system in general
>>
>>30485098
They didn't anticipate how well the game would do and created something with very minimal features that they thought they could just slowly update over time.

It became a quick fad and with almost nothing to do and Niantic failing to realize quick enough how quickly they need to update, people moved on.
>>
It was released with like three features and they removed two of them. The battling sucked. It needed PVE and PVP to survive.
>>
>>30485856
To be fair to Niantic, last I checked they were literally a dozen or so guys in a well-furnished and professional-looking basement.

Still, I don't think they should've dropped Go without having some updates premade and ready to ship, just in case shit went awry.

The game's surprisingly popular among parents, I've found. Easily a third of the parents of kids I teach talk about the game. Caught a group of them chatting up the Halloween event and discussing good places to get a lot of stops quickly.
>>
File: candice.jpg (78KB, 513x576px) Image search: [Google]
candice.jpg
78KB, 513x576px
>>30485620
>not hunting for pokemon in the dead of winter

christ you fucking casuals are pathetic
>>
>>30486000
>Complaining about casuals in regards to a game for casuals.
If you aren't a casual you're at least playing SM right now, not Go.
>>
>The game is supposed to be dying, and I tried to capitalize on this by taking gyms that I expected would never get taken back now
>They still get taken down in like 5 minutes somehow

Die faster please so I can enjoy the game
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.