[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuzlocke Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: nuzlocke.png (84KB, 248x436px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke.png
84KB, 248x436px
>Get my nuzlocke run to Koga
>all my mons are lv35 - lv40

Should I grind up to 45 just to be safe?

I have a Graveller that could probably wipe out Koga with ease, but poison damage hits hard, and I'm really afraid of getting TOX or something.

My current team
>Charizard
>Pidgeot
>Raichu
>Gyarados
>Graveller
>Porygon
>>
File: AD3.png (165KB, 273x283px) Image search: [Google]
AD3.png
165KB, 273x283px
>Tfw I bought 2ds, AS, Y and Sun to sorta Blind Nuzlocke them.
>Tfw I just defeated Steven and only lost three mons this whole run.
>All to crits.
Maybe I'm too used to Dray's hacks, but goddamn is this easy. Should I start with Y now, or complete the Delta episode first?

My victory team was;
Linoone (useful up until victory road, only used for shadow ballin' against E4.)

Dustox (Buzzin' and shadow ballin')

Magnezone (MVP, did everything since Winona. Best mon.)

Lunatone (Shit.)

Pelipper (Gave it Ice beam, he's actually pretty fucking awesome and survived at least 4 electric attacks.)

Sceptile (RIP) Got crit giga impact by M-Metagross. Currently grinding a Medicham as replacement.
>>
So what's the difficulty list looking like now? SM #1?
>>
>mfw replaying platinum nuzlocke
>Find a shiny Zubat
This is nice
>>
>>30485065
SM is really easy if you just battle every trainer in every route and have a well-rounded team
I haven't even done much grinding, just a lot of the regular route battles and right now I'm 6-7 levels above Lusamine's team (first time, in the Aether Foundation HQ)
>>
What do you guys think about potion spamming? Personally I hate it. I think it trivializes nuzlocke runs. Mainly because seeing people who aren't skilled at playing spam potions to compensate. This combined with not playing Set Mode adds to my feelings about this.
>>
>>30485065
It's been rough because most of the game I've had fairy and grass pokemon as most of my team. Toxapex has carried me through battles I otherwise would've had a rougher time with because so many teams use poison.
>>30485388
EXP share on?
>>
It's fine and you're an anal faggot.
>>
Started a SoulSilver one recently, about to face Whitney.

>>30485636
One of my rules I use not just in nuzlockes but every playthrough is a hard limit of 2 items per battle, as well as a full ban on revive items.
Works well enough without making items pointless, and it also ties it well with the fact that at most important NPC trainers will only use 2 items themselves.
>>
>>30485724
How in the FUCK did you get a Toxapex in a nuzlocke?
>>
>>30487231
Fished up Corsola as my first encounter in Melemele Sea. I SOS'd until Mareanie showed up. In Melemele Sea fishing near the rocks at the professor's house when the fishing spot is bubbling you have a 20% of finding a Corsola.

So if you find Corsola there you will get a Mareanie in the same battle eventually.
>>
>>30487540
Wouldn't only the corsola count as the encounter, though?
>>
>>30487540
I call bullshit, there's no way to be lucky enough to fish out corsola without triggering a previous encounter as you surf.
>>
>>30487730
>What are repels?
>>
>>30487687
it should so mareanie isnt a valid encounter. now if corsola AND mareanie showed up at the sime time via like double grass in gen 5 then he could choose his encounter but in this case it doesnt work out.
>>
>>30487781
And you tell me you got Corsola as your first encounter? I've been fishing there for 3 hours without getting jack shit.
>>
>>30487819
Unless he has dupes clause and already got a Corsola somehow. In which case it's still bullshit that he took the time to SOS until he got Mareanie.
>>
>OP grinded for the coins to get a porygon

for what purpose
>>
File: 250px-747Mareanie.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-747Mareanie.png
62KB, 250x250px
Didn't realize getting a Mareanie would spark such conversation. At least it makes the nuzlocke threads more active than they typically are.
>>30487730
Didn't encounter anything between the shore and the hole. Pretty close actually to each other.
>>30487781
Don't use repels in my nuzlockes
>>30487845
If the spot is not white then chances of finding Corsola is 1%. If the spot is white it is 20% encounter for a Corsola.
>>30487819
>>30487862
Admittedly when I first encountered SOS battles in Moon I didn't know that they were a thing beforehand. So I had to think what how to consider them if it happens during the first encounter in an area. I settled on it is okay to catch a SOS pokemon because:
1) Only allowed one healing item per battle
2) I have a clause where I cannot run from any battle
3) The longer I stayed in a SOS battle the more dangerous it could become. Most noted early on by SOS tentacools on the route before the fire trial

So with that I decided on if it's the first encounter in a new area then it's what I get. Any help called is still part of the encounter.

I heard a few times that there's been debate on how to consider SOS battles. I decided to do it how I described. Call bullshit on me if you believe that literally the first mon is only one catchable and any mons it calls is not allowed. I just go by the first encounter personally.

>>30487730
Here's what happened:
>lost a gyarados and needed a new water mon
>searching areas of where I haven't been yet
>the water in front of professor's house is considered new area
>look up rates
>went to melemele sea
>went to spot and fished
>a few nothings and then a pearl
>went back to profs house to reset bubble spot because bubbles disappear if you fish up an item
>Went back to bubbling spot to fish again
>nothing and then my first encounter in the Sea which was Corsola
>Took three corsolas and then Mareanie appeared
>I personally counted it because it was during my first encounter in the area
>>
>>30488518
i would allow it for SOS battles, sometimes you get unlucky and they go for 15+ pokemon, which if they are around your lvl could end your run. i've tried to catch the first one before and since you can't catch with 2 out i've had to KO 6 just to catch that first one.
>>
>>30485636
>>30485724

...you guys use items?? I've been playing under the assumption that items aren't allowed during battle no wonder this is hard af
>>
>Nuzlockeing Sun
>Fighting Kahuna Hala
>My Torracat, Mustachio, is fighting his Crabrawler
>Mustachio is 5 levels above it, full health vs it's 1 hp left, and even survived it's Z-Move
>Mustachio is killed by Pursuit
May you get that fire-wrestling belt in Heaven.
>>
>>30485636
I recently started forbidding buying potions (though you can use those you find on the ground). Revives can be excahnged for potions.
>>
>>30490856
My condolences. Pursuit is a bitch. Doesn't help that it's prevalent on the first two islands. Be careful going forward anon. Hope you survive your nuzlocke.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.