[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Freak has alienated me and I can not go on!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

All this Kanto pandering is killing me and what little fun this game offers. Congratulations Game Freak, if your objective was to throw every other fan who started out with any other generation besides generation 1 under the bus then you've succeeded.
>>
>>30482629
Nice blog. Can you give me a link to subscribe to after you leave?
>>
It must be very hard for you
>>
But what is Kanto pandering really? I'm curious about what people think.
>>
>>30482629
I started with Gen 1 and still don't like the Genwun pandering. No point in complaining though, it's something you just have to tolerate because it's never going away.

>>30482750
To me, it's shit like SM having more Kanto Pokémon than new Pokémon, or XY having Kanto starters, or Santalune Forest being a carbon copy of Viridian Forest, or putting a sleeping Snorlax in the middle of the road that needs to be woken up with a Pokéflute, or Game Freak recreating Nugget Bridge in Malie Garden complete with the rosters of the five trainers being identical to what they were in RGBY.

Alolan formes get a pass just for some of them being super high quality, though.
>>
>>30482629
Everyone seems to have a blind love for gen 1. They don't seem to realize that it's the smallest region with the most simple design and most basic, uninteresting pokémon--it's so bad in fact that the only way that Nintendo could make the Kanto region worth it was by combining it with Johto in the other games. Yet, everyone still acts like Kanto was some sort of paradise.

That said though, it still deserves respect for being the first generation. All of the Kanto Pandering is likely setting up for Kanto games on the Switch. Nintendo and GF aren't stupid. They know how small Kanto is. That's why the next time we see it, the region will be revamped and likely use a new game engine. Kanto being the smallest region with the smallest number of pokémon also makes it the easiest (relatively speaking) to model into a open 3d world. Right now, Kanto pandering just exists to hold over the Gen 1 fans until around 2020 when the Kanto switch game hits.

2017: Pokémon Stars on the Switch HD port of current game engine
2018-2019: DP/Pt Remakes/Sequels on the 3DS (Last games on the console)
2020: Kanto Switch game with new engine and new, better graphics targeted at fans of Gen 1
8th gen and forward will use the new engine.
>>
>>30482629
>company makes small gestures to fans who've been with them from the beginning
This is common and literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>30482822
You mean little references that are barely any impact to the game? The only real issue is too many gen 1 Pokemon in sun and moon and not enough alolan forms
>>
>>30482750
Do me a favor.
Play Sun/Moon and:
1) Count how many time someone mentions Kanto
2) Count how many other times any other region is mentioned
3) Count how many Kanto Pokémon are in the Alolan Pokédex
4) Count how many non-Kanto Pokémon are in the Alola dex (that aren't Alolan Pokémon)
5) Count how many NPC's come from/have family in Kanto
6) Count how many NPC's come from/have family in a region that isn't Kanto/Alola
7)Count the number of references to Gen 1 games there are like the elite 4 types being the same and like the nugget bridge thing
8) Count the number of references there are to any other regions like the ones mentioned in number 7
9) Count the number of Kanto Pokémon that get Alolan forms
10) Count the number of non-Kanto/Alolan Pokémon that get Alolan forms.

This is Kanto Pandering.
>>
>>30483157
I've been with them from the beginning and I'm fucking sick of seeing the same mons each time.
>>
>>30483169
>Nugget bridge
Boy was I pissed when they pulled that shit in Johto town.
It's not enough to get cucked out of any npc representative right? Gotta do this stupid Kanto throw back in a place that was supposed to be about Johto.
Couldn't they pull the Bellsprout tower in the garden? Maybe some slowpoke tail reference?
>>
If Sapphire was your first Pokemon game, Geodude, Abra, Machop, Zubat, Tentacool and the like all appeal to you as much as they do to genwunners.
>>
>>30483512
>Maybe some slowpoke tail reference?
There is though, twice even. The first time in the first Aether building there's a slowpoke you're told is recovering from having it's tail chopped off, the other time Team Skull trying to steal one for it's tail.
>>
>>30483407
So why are you still playing? There are plenty of other games.
>>
>>30482629
Man, those are some pretty good looking anime tiddies
>>
>>30483843
Not really. When I think Hoenn, I'm taken back to Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Taillow, Trapinch, ect.

And even if those Pokémon did appeal to me, I know that GF isn't doing it to appeal to me. They're doing it to appeal Kanto fans and I may just happen to like some of those Pokémon. It would be like a hot person getting paid to date you. Yes a hot person is dating you, but they aren't dating you because they care about you. Their main objective is making money--you just happen to benefit from that.
>>
>>30484176
This is true.
>>
>>30482629
In theory when we were learning about sun and moon, yeah it was Kanto heavy and seemed like it had a fifth of real content. But have you tried actually playing the game? Shit is bananas.
>>
>>30484138
Yes but people can't angrily blog about that anon
>>
>game has Colress from black n white 2
>Driftveil reference from Aether Grunt and Sinnoh references in the books in Aether Foundation
>Johto Town and Slow Poke Tail reference about Team Skull on Route 8
>Kalos Professor mentioned
>black and white 2 interdream professor Burnett is in game
>non Kanto pokemon availale to catch, you get given a Rotom pokedex, Rotom is from Sinnoh

Just because ur only dumb enough to notice obvious Kanto references doesnt mean there wasn't other references to other games.
>>
/vp/ are the only ones who hate Gen I so it's no loss if you all drop off.
>>
>>30487859
>non Kanto pokemon availale to catch

Wow, amazing
>>
>>30488354
Type: Null and Silvally are based of Arceus, being synthetic versions of it. From Sinnoh
>>
>>30488354
Type: Null and Silvally are based of Arceus, being synthetic versions of it. From Sinnoh
But way to ignore the rest of my post, just like how u ignored all the other references ingame :^)
>>
>20th anniversary of Red and Blue
>surprised by the Kanto pandering

We're lucky we got Sun and Moon instead of a Red and Blue remake.
>>
>>30488457
>But way to ignore the rest of my post

Most of the things in your post are correct, I'm just pointing out how silly it is to list "hey, there might be 87 Kanto Pokémon but there are ~30 Pokémon from each other region too!" as a bullet point for non-Kanto pandering.

>>30488486
I think people are just disappointed because XY and SM were heavy in pandering back-to-back without a "new" generation like Gen V with very little pandering to space them out.
>>
>>30482910
>They don't seem to realize that it's the smallest region with the most simple design and most basic, uninteresting pokémon--it's so bad in fact that the only way that Nintendo could make the Kanto region worth it was by combining it with Johto in the other games. Yet, everyone still acts like Kanto was some sort of paradise.

Or perhaps they actually played Gen 2. If you're going to talk about the smallest region with the most uninteresting pokemon, that'd actually be Johto. Johto had more "pandering" to Kanto than any other region and more or less rides off its coat-tails, down to having Lance as the champion. Kanto introduced mons that are mostly recognizable; Johto introduced a little over half of that. Most of it amounting to boring knockoffs or Gen 1 rejects, down to the starters who are the most similar to Gen 1's. People love Gen 2 because they get to use all of their Kanto favorites again with all of the new features introduced. Not because Johto, with its massive horde of shitmons like Delibird or Dunsparce, was memorable.
>>
Boo fucking hoo.
The series doesn't cater to you, crybaby twat.
Fuck off and don't treat this site like your personal blog.
>>
Kanto is literally the one region worth continuing on. The game went niche after Kanto.
>>
File: Meanwhile-at-OPs-house.png (190KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile-at-OPs-house.png
190KB, 400x266px
>>
File: 1478995447943.png (2MB, 1031x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478995447943.png
2MB, 1031x1000px
>>30482910
>Imagine a saffron city that actually looks like modern Tokio. In the switch.

>>30488655
I agree with your claim but at least Johto had more of a lore and mythology going on
>>
>>30482822
>To me, it's shit like SM having more Kanto Pokémon than new Pokémon, or XY having Kanto starters, or Santalune Forest being a carbon copy of Viridian Forest, or putting a sleeping Snorlax in the middle of the road that needs to be woken up with a Pokéflute, or Game Freak recreating Nugget Bridge in Malie Garden complete with the rosters of the five trainers being identical to what they were in RGBY.

Who fucking cares? They should stop making it turn based too because gen I was turn based.
>>
>>30483169
Kanto had a Rock and Flying E4 members?
>>
>>30489145
Awful comparison.
>>
>>30482629
as someone who started with Hoenn

literally who cares
>>
why the fuck are y'all calling Malie Garden a remake of Nugget Bridge

last I checked, a japanese garden you can walk all around in is kind of different from literally a bridge?
>>
>>30489145
Wow, you really punched that bag of straw hard, anon.
>>
>>30489402
If you go to the garden after fighting Guzma, there are five trainers lined up in a row at the bridge calling it Nugget Bridge, complete with a guy at the end asking you to join Team Rocket. Then they outright state they're staging it in rememberance of what happened in Kanto years ago.
>>
The Kanto Pandering wasn't even that bad this time around. It didn't get in your face until the "postgame" so there really is nothing to whine about. (Well not exactly, the way they had more Kanto pokemon than Alolan was really shitty, and that kind of counts as Kanto pandering)
X/Y is Kanto Pandering done poorly. They shoved starters and mega evolutions in your face.

Overall however, let us be thankful this Gen had the last amount of Lucario pandering ever since Gen 4.
>>
>Bitching about the place based on Kinkaku-ji having a Kanto reference
The Golden Pavilion is in Japan's literal Kanto region you fucking babies.
>>
>>30482629
If your favorite gen isn't the first one that's completely fine but if you didn't start with gen one you are objectively worse than anyone who did.
>>
>>30488655
But anon, I actually liked gen 2 as a game. Legends were dope. Ampharos is dope. Story is dope. Fuck out of here.
>>
Pandering to Kanto is least offensive thing they can do since it's basically original pokemon. It's like making new MGS game and saying there can't be any solid snake anymore because having snake in the game is pandering to original game. Get fucked OP.

And before you call me genwunner, my favourite is Sinnoh, then Unova. Kanto is 3rd.
>>
>>30483169
>like the elite 4 types being the same
When did Lance train birds?
>>
>>30488538
Gen V has a veritable shitton of Kanto pandering, just in a different way. Lots of locations are clear references, and lots of the new mons were reiterations of Gen 1 monsters.
>>
>>30488981
Of course Johto had more lore, it was all about ancient legend and history while Kanto was all about science and the future.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.