[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /vp/'s opinion on Pokemon refresh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 16

File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
What's /vp/'s opinion on Pokemon refresh?
>>
>>30478180
Better than amie but still gay
>>
Much better then amie, rainbow beans are super handy.
>>
>>30478180
I like it as much as amie, since its literally the same save rainbow beans and a lack of minigames. Being able to heal status conditions was pretty helpful during the maingame.

I'm just happy I can still get handsy with my waifus, specially with all the new amazing ones introduced this gen
>>
Casual trash.

It actually makes me miss walking around with status fucked pokemon, shitting my pants that I'll run by a trainer I didn't see.
>>
>>30478180
Pyukumuku a best
>>
>Same benefits as Amie
>Better backgrounds
>Easier to play
>No shitty minigames
It's a major improvement. On the other hand,

>Can't high-five pokemon anymore
I miss being bros with a Sneasel
>>
>>30478300
You dont have to heal your mons you idiot, or even pet them at all. Unless you want a sylveon you can ignore it completely

I bet you're the same kind of person who bitches about the low difficulty but plays in switch
>>
>>30478333
Literally the cutest thing in existence. I caught five and took them to the Elite Four.
>>
>>30478180
I miss that yarn ball minigame
>>
>>30478361
You can totally high five pokemon still, I just saw it in a video. You have to hover your hand out or whatever.
>>
>>30478361
You still can. I've done it with my starters, Rockruff, and Pikachu.
>>
Game breaking, i was hyped for a few seconds then i learned it made pokemon broken
>>
>>30478180
Boosted EXP gain makes getting level 100 less shitty. Also I love being able to guarantee crits for grinding Elite 4.
>>
>>30478366
All Set does is make you use a heal item after every switch, stop this meme.
>>
They really need to make a tamagotchi-like pokemon app for phones. Connect it with Bank, so you can transfer them in and out of the app with the games.
>>
>>30478366
>YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT

That doesn't mean it's not casual trash. By the same logic, I could choose not to use moves with a power higher than 30, but if it's available, then why wouldn't I use it?

Enjoy your casual trash.
>>
>>30478361
>>No shitty minigames
yes, i too love the removal of optional features from my video games
how the fuck do we raise enjoyment now? just pet the damn thing a lot?
>>
>>30478499
Then what the fuck is your argument?
"Fuck this thing that I'm using because it's really convenient. You shouldn't even use it."
>>
I didn't use it in the main game, but it's useful if you want to raise something postgame. Just feed a couple of rainbow beans, give it a pat on the head and you're done. A lot better than Amie. The Head-it music still gives me PTSD.
>>
>>30478180
>Nintendogs on my pokeyman game
Good shit
>>
>>30478530
beans, nigga
>>
File: 1479908818386.png (115KB, 238x326px) Image search: [Google]
1479908818386.png
115KB, 238x326px
>>30478300
>>30478499
>going to have status healing items in your bag anyways
>going to heal then with said items anyways

Literally the only difference is that you're partly saving money that could do to less wasteful things.

Buy your logic using a healing item is casual.

You probably thought HMs were good too.
>>
>>30478660
Yeah, that shit was super handy, I saved a shitload of money not using Full Heals or saving my berries so I could buy clothes.

Speaking of meds, Poke Pelago was the greatest thing to happen to my grinding. I LOVE having a shitload of Leppa Berries at my disposal.
>>
>>30478180
Does it still have that face recognition minigame?
>>
>>30478180
It would be great if it didn't force that fucking affection shit on you.
>>
>>30478963
I don't think so.
>>
>>30478180
All I want next are the minigames that boost EV and feeding pokemon berries when they need healing.
Love the addition of Fight-amie transition
>>
I wish there was an option to turn off its in battle benefits.
>>
File: That's cool yo.jpg (29KB, 474x595px) Image search: [Google]
That's cool yo.jpg
29KB, 474x595px
>Open first time
>Beans are like pastry except it makes crunching noises now
>ayy lmao
>Rainbow ones makes getting affection easy as fuck
>Cool

>Beans are easy to get after you get Pelago access
>Drowning in them

>No more mini-games
>Oh well the only one I liked was the yarn ball and berry ones

>No face detection expressions
>Not like I'll miss it that much since it was hard to get it working right, but it was fun looking dumb for your pokemon in privacy

>You can heal/clean up after your bros
>Neat

>It kinda makes the game easier though?
>But I'm not trying to make this playthrough Extra Hard 4U so

>Backgrounds change depending where you are
>Great

>Made switching more convenient
>Awesome

>In-game hovering petting hand thing from XY/ORAS days was replaced by legitimate quick Pokemon Refresh access after beating a battle
>Terrific
>>
>>30479013
Just don't press it when it pops up
>>
>>30478279
Fucking pokephilles need to leave.
>>
>>30479013
This should be a thing in the next
>>
>>30479059
What are you talking about? You get the benefits no matter how you increase affection
>>
Like most everything in this game, it takes too long to load and switch between pokemon.

This game is unoptimised as shit. Noticeable lag and chug during totem battles, and even just in normal 2v2s. A fucking chatting rotom interactive map instead of being able to have your pokemon menu up constantly.
>>
>>30478180
>no head-it
>no puzzle scramble
it's shit
just feed 2 or 3 rainbow beans to your mon and then forget it
>>
I like how they gave most of the Alolan mons cute gimmicks there.
Does anyone have a gif of Araquanid jumping out of happiness in the refresh?
>>
I like the ability to use rainbow beans as essentially free lucky eggs to make postgame grinding faster, but I wish that also didn't come with shit like "the pokemon hung on with one hp because it loves you!" Feels cheap to get a free focus sash for no effort
>>
>>30478531
It shouldn't be in the game. Those pants shitting moments only existed because I ended up with a status fucked team as I went through some section of trainers or wild pokemon without prepping properly, and the game didn't jump out to hold my hand and make sure that my mistakes had no consequences. It added a layer of depth to the game.

Now you just get to recover all your pokes for free after every fight, this way you're never in any danger of actually losing.

It's casual trash.

>>30478660
>the only difference is saving money

The difference is budgeting for healing/status items and bringing the proper amount. It's the idea of setting out on a quest with your pokemon and making sure you've properly prepared for the journey. The poke petting bullshit is just casual trash. It removes a consequence of poor planning to make the game easier for children.

Again, enjoy your casual trash.
>>
>>30478180
I miss the puzzle game.

Rainbow beans are the shit, plus I do not miss that "SMILE!" shit since I had no way of getting perfect lighting to do that shit.
>>
>tfw I want to play with my pokemon without making the game easier/more annoying

fuck the critical hit, I want to catch pokemon, not crit them to death.
>>
>>30479361
false swipe
>>
>>30479399
Yeah, you get that shit REAL early on here.
>>
>>30479399
I only use false swipe if I'm trying to be careful with my captures. Most of the time I don't care if I faint the mon once or twice. I normally like having my in-game team in my party, but I would switch to a false swipe pokemon if the pokemon I'm trying to catch is determined to be difficult or if they're being a bitch to catch. Like right now I actually switched to my false swipe Snorlax in my hunt for catching Beldum. Originally my team either KO'd it or it struggled/poisoned to death
>>
>>30478361
You can High-Five Tapu Lele!
Try it now! It's cute!
>>
>>30478361
I high-five Mimikyu all the time
>>
>>30478180
Better than Amie. Very useful for levelling Pokemon in the postgame due to the Exp boost thanks to Rainbow Beans.
>>
>>30479263
You sound like a spoiled brat. Get your head checked.
>>
>>30480326
>Exp boost
Explain.
>>
>>30479263
>Those pants shitting moments only existed because I ended up with a status fucked team as I went through some section of trainers or wild pokemon without prepping properly, and the game didn't jump out to hold my hand and make sure that my mistakes had no consequences
Those never existed because lv100 Mewtwo swept everything.
>>
>>30478180
Cute and fun but kinda boring without the minigames returning.
>>
>>30478180
It's much more streamlined than Amie but that's fine since it's optional. Amie was a fucking chore with those shitty timesink minigames that forced your attention away from petting the Pokemon, which is the entire point. Now it's super-easy to max out a Pokemon's Affection and if you just wanna spend time petting your Pokemon that's fine too. It's a win-win.
>>
>>30480461
When you get 2 hearts your Pokemon gets 1.2 times normal experience.
>>
I fucking love it. my only complaint is that they removed the minigames
People who call it casual trash that should be removed need to go away. I've wanted my pokemon nintendogs game for years, they better not remove this shit anytime soon
>>
>>30480369
>saying the game shouldn't hold your hand is being a spoiled brat

Good job, retard.

>>30480509
>Oak gave me a lvl100 Mewtwo instead of a normal starter

k
>>
>>30480683
I don't give a shit about the maternal fags or the waifu fags stroking their pokemon.

Pokemon amie was fine because I could ignore it, or use it for an xp bonus while leveling. This new shit where you get to heal your pokemon after a battle for free is casual trash. It's the most hand holding bullshit that the series has done.
>>
>>30479263
>>30480693
>getting rumproasted over an optional feature

Why do you care? You're obviously aware that it can be ignored so it doesn't affect you at all. Unless you're concerned with other people's experiences with the game, in which case you're a faggot. Stop projecting your desire for a more difficult children's game onto little children.
>>
>>30480833
>this feature makes the game too easy
>JUST IGNORE IT

You're a fucking idiot. This doesn't change that the game is being made more casual, that the difficulty of the single player game is being made more child (retard) friendly.

There is no "just ignore it". It's there. It pops up and says "use me". It puts a hamper on the whole game knowing that it's holding your hand to prevent failure.

I also love this infantile idea that any criticism means someone is assblasted mad about something; you pack of petulant chucklefucks.
>>
>>30478530
Three rainbow beans will bring a Pokémon from 0 to max affection

OP as fuck
>>
>>30478180
The background fix alone means it beats the shit out of Amie

Hope they improve it even more in Gen 8.

>>30481006
>muh casuals
It's a children's game, who gives a shit.

If you get more enjoyment out of the challenge, then don't use it, or go play something actually challenging. Singleplayer is always piss easy anyway.
>>
>>30481006
It is still 100% optional, unless you want a Sylveon, you petulant child.
>>
>>30481006

Listen to yourself you stupid cunt

It doesn't hold your hand, it offers its own hand and you don't have to take it.

Pokemon isn't cattered to you. Or any of us. Get the fuck over it. We play the game because we have fun with what it is, if you don't like it, don't use or don't play it.

That's all there is to it. Play the game the way you think is best, or go find something else to play. Don't say "buhbuhbuhbuh I don't like! It's trash because I say it is! Casualization is objectively bad even though story mode has always been casual mode!"

Seriously. Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
>>30481006
>There is no "just ignore it". It's there. It pops up and says "use me".
no it doesn't, dick for brains
>>
>>30479016
>>In-game hovering petting hand thing from XY/ORAS days was replaced by legitimate quick Pokemon Refresh access after beating a battle
that was the most disappointing shit
I was expecting my bro would walk towards me down to the bottom screen for a quick post-battle jacking session and instead I got le ghost hand making vaguely petting-like movements while hearts fly around

regardless of the new features, the way they added that transition was excellent and made it feel a bit more natural
>>
>>30479263
This.
>>
>>30479263
>Those pants shitting moments only existed because I ended up with a status fucked team as I went through some section of trainers or wild pokemon without going back to the Pokemon Center

>Now you just get to recover all your pokes for free after every fight, instead of using Escape Rope, Teleport, Dig, or Fly to go heal up.

There, fixed the ACTUAL reality of the past games.
>>
>>30480693
What are you talking about? Trading is available since the start after you get the Pokedex in every game.

You're not gimping yourself by not using lv100 mons at the start.........right?
>>
File: 1435400432077.png (259KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1435400432077.png
259KB, 1198x1200px
>>30479263
>It added a layer of depth to the game.
>>
>>30479263
>Those pants shitting moments
who's the casual here again?

if you're not a shit player who can't even battle AI trainers without blacking out constantly you've undoubtedly already stockpiled a ton of meds that everyone and their dog gives you along your journey
or you've, you know, prepared for these situations already like non-casuals usually do if they're not dumbshits

>It added a layer of depth to the game.
why, by making you contemplate how much of a dumbshit you are for not even buying a couple paralyze heals for the road? if you seriously find singleplayer this difficult without refresh/amie "holding your hand" you're the casual trash, not us
>>
>>30481520
No one denied that that's the reality, you fucking dunce.

Escape Rope/Teleport means you have to start over from the beginning of a cave because you needed to heal. Bringing items means budgeting for them and making sure you have enough.

Fucking cute how you faggots try to defend this free healing shit as anything other than casual trash; or even to call it equal in difficultly to previous games.

>>30481763

Please, grasp at more straws. You missed a few.
>>
>>30478180
>How many genders, are there Pyukumuku?
>>
>>30479263
then just don't use ti man
>>
>>30478530
>introduce feature nobody gives a shit about
>makes it annoying as fuck to raise affection
>realize it was a bad decision
>take it out of the game
>people complain about removing content
>>
>>30478180
Never used it until post UB
didn't like it.
>>
>>30478482
>Play on set
>Switch in a mon
>It takes the hit intended for the previous pokemon
>Dump a healing item on them
>The opponent gets another free hit, maybe a super effective one now that you aren't switching and if they have the coverage
>>
>>30480744
>xp

put that tongue away reddit
>>
>>30482241
>people who use common abbreviations must be from "other site"

You newfags slay me.
>>
>>30481006
then just don't use it when it pops up

do you use the box legends because you have to catch them in the recent games?
>>
>>30478180
It's a step down from what Amie had (camera function) but it's otherwise the same shit with a new food type.
>>
>>30482268
aww look who's on full damage control!
>>
>>30481988
>Please, grasp at more straws. You missed a few.
please learn about logical phalluses beffore you namedrop them

it's not straw grasping to deduce that your inability to properly prepare yourself makes you just as shit as the casuals trash you're throwing a tantrum about

now back to /r/gaming, or better yet, put the DS away and actually challenge yourself at something that matters since you seem so obsessed with it
>>
>>30482356
This has to be bait.

Grasping at straws is a phrase. Strawmanning is a logical fallacy.

>logical phallus

Love it.

>>30482316
You're telling someone to go back to r eddit because they used "xp" as an abbreviation for "experience". Why "xp" is a r eddit term, I do not know. I'll just figure that you're at maximum autism.
>>
File: 1387992559628.gif (3MB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1387992559628.gif
3MB, 170x170px
It's cute, and since I doubt we'll realistically ever get following Pokemon again, it's the best thing they can probably do to make the individual Pokemon feel more personal to you, which for me is a very important part of the franchise.

There should be an option to use it but not see the rather overpowered benefits in battle though.

I personally liked the minigames from Amie, and hope they intend to replace them with something better at some point rather than just drop them.
>>
>>30482458
xp is a facial expression you idiot. and god look at you
>r eddit

haha you are pathetic. you really are a newfag from reddit
>>
>>30482509
You're retarded or baiting. Everything you're saying has become too stupid to be real.
>>
File: Cx_0TbvUsAAcT5h.jpg (91KB, 1024x994px) Image search: [Google]
Cx_0TbvUsAAcT5h.jpg
91KB, 1024x994px
>>30478180
i like refresh a lot
it's an upgrade from amie, with less swiping required to get affection boosts, super powerful beans and especially the post-battle sequences, but i really hope gamefreak eventually does something that would involve interacting with pokemon in the actual overworld again
>>
>>30478530
The minigames didn't add much at all. Removing features applies to when they're really fucking ass

It's better Game Freak focused on streamlining a system instead of trying to improve obviously inferior Mario Party minigames that really don't add shit. I love Pokemon Refresh for being a better Amie in practically every sense
>>
>>30478180
Annoying
>>
>>30482489
Maybe they could tone them down a bit, but the benefits aren't really that bad an idea. A team with a strong bond should work better together and have some advantages over a neglected team that are only used as tools to win battles. That idea is generally repeated a lot in the story, too.

The ability to shirk off certain status conditions like poisoning and paralysis are kind of ridiculous though, they should probably do something different, like lowering the amount of damage taken or the frequency in which paralysis actually kicks in (like they're trying to do their best to power through it for you instead of just magically expelling them somehow)
>>
one of the worst features in the game

retards use it and then complain about being overleveled/the game being too easy
>>
>>30478180
>instead of expanding amie let's remove things from it, change the name and call it a day
I guess it's nice that the background reflects the place your in but it's still a lazily ported feature
>>
>>30482550
nice to see you're on full damage control reddit

why don't you go to facebook if you want to type like xp XDD xpp :PPPp
>>
>>30482688
>A team with a strong bond should work better together and have some advantages over a neglected team that are only used as tools to win battles

You couldn't sound like more a faggot, but mechanically, EVs and pokemon level are the mechanics that push this idea. Adding some silly shit like "pikachu's bond with trainer keeps it from fainting" is retarded.
>>
>>30482716
Not Gamefreak's fault retards are fucking retarded and complain just to hear their own voice.
>>
File: 1476971885079.jpg (49KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1476971885079.jpg
49KB, 402x604px
>>30482745
>mfw I've been talking to actual retards this whole time
>>
>>30482688
I don't think the benefits are a bad idea, and I quite enjoyed them in my playthrough, don't get me wrong.

I've just seen people say that they'd like to pet/feed their Mons but not make the game easier. Which I can appreciate. The option to switch off the benefits would be nice.
>>
>>30482747
Did I not just point out that those kinds of benefits are retarded?

EVs don't push that for shit, that's just grinding.
>>
>>30482752
Don't blame retards for the overly loud voices of the waifufags who want a way to stroke their pokemon.

Although, it's more than likely that both groups are the same retard.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
21KB, 1280x720px
>>30482356
>logical phalluses
>>
>>30482785
I'd kill for that. I always felt guilty petting my mons and seeing all the ridiculous shit you get at 5 hearts like dodging, free focus sashes and crits was just too much.
>>
>>30482789
You asking for mechanics that push the idea of "a well bonded team that works together" without delving into the realm of "pikachu's love for trainer empowered his attack, 1-hit KO!".

That's what EVs, movesets, team comp, and pokemon level accomplish. It's why pokemon amie and this new shit are mostly for shithead retards and children.
>>
>>30482773
you talk to yourself? go get some help lol xp
>>
>>30478180
love that you can high five your mons. high fiving alolan raichu and the squeaks it makes are so adorable.

i do miss the mini games from amie.
>>
>>30482866
Impressive irony roleplay or a hopeless retard. Either way, thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>30482855
>EVs
Grinding to make certain stats of your Pokemon better than others. Doesn't require real thought after Gen VI
>Movesets
Knowing Flamethrower is super effective on a Grass type isn't love and affection
>Team comp
What did he mean by this?
>Pokemon level
>Playing the game means your team is well-bonded!

A lot of that is different from just casually playing with your Pokemon outside of the game, which works for world-building purposes to make the games feel less like a Simulator and more like an adventure
>>
File: 100% Niggered.jpg (13KB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
100% Niggered.jpg
13KB, 320x362px
>>30478660
>You probably thought HMs were good too.
Hol' up, I like refresh but FUCK riding pokemon.
Why do I have to look like a retard geared up for a trip on the short bus every time I summon a tauros, but the NPCs don't?
>>
>>30482924
Probably so GF doesn't have to have tons of visible clipping and animate all of the dresses for riding them. I would assume it's the same reason there's so many jump cuts for little things like crawling through small spaces
>>
>>30482873
How do you hi-five? I wanna hi-five my main man Buzzwole.
>>
>>30482919
I don't know what you're expecting. You can't have "team building exercises" be immersive, yet play no role in actual battle. That doesn't make sense, and causes whatever content where you play catch with shuckle seem all the more pointless.

Do you want what the pokemon game is, catching and training pokemon to best other trainers, or do you want to play a daycare center simulator where you play with pokemon so they make cutesy faces?

What the fuck?
>>
>>30482785
Sure, I definitely see why some people don't like the idea of having to chose between playing with their team and losing out on some challenge.

>>30482820
Why does the idea of wanting to do something in singleplayer other than grind and fight make you so upset?

>>30482855
>farming EVs and XP in repetitive wild battles, occasionally stopping to press a button to let it learn a new move is "bonding"
Yeah, you really don't get it. I'm glad GF doesn't pander to you.

And why again do you keep implying I'm in favor of the more outlandish benefits of it? I'm saying that fundamentally it's not a bad idea, not that the current implementation is perfect.
>>
>>30482924
The game was better when you had to rely on your pokebros to navigate difficult terrain.

All GF had to do was remove the "lol, go to move deleter" shit. HMs were only permanent to prevent players from trapping themselves way back in red/blue.

It's like the egg hatching shit for IVs. It's old "band-aid" shit that GF keeps transferring into new generations because "hey, it's how it was back then".
>>
>>30483033
You don't know what you want. Or you don't understand what you're asking for.

What you're asking for already exists in the "pet your pokemon" shit. GF has already pandered to your idea of what "bonding" would look like in the game by adding battle benefits for adequate pokemon petting; yet you dislike them.

Really, what the fuck are you on about? If you're after mechanics that benefit more time investment into pokemon over just catching a fresh whatever and using it immediately, that's what IVs are for, that's what deciding their movesets as they level up is for.
>>
>>30482991
>Do you want what the pokemon game is, catching and training pokemon to best other trainers, or do you want to play a daycare center simulator where you play with pokemon so they make cutesy facess
we just want to play a game about fucking pokemon you whiny bitch
we don't want to scrap everything you like and only implement things we like, we want more optional content that appeals to us and allows us to better interact with the characters we play the game for and have often become attached to

that's it, get the stick out of your ass and deal with it
>>
>>30483133
*EVs
>>
>>30483154
>you must have a stick up your ass if you disagree with MY opinions

You already have that shit. You're bitching about how that shit affects other shit.

>I'm really attached to this pokemon

Get your head checked. If you're so attached to a video game monster that the current options (nickname, training, EVs, movesets, petting screen, affection beans, etc) aren't enough to satisfy just how much you want to express your attachment to this video game monster, you need to get fucking head checked.
>>
>>30483227
Go play a simulator you retard, it's obvious you don't actually like playing the game if you want difficulty and lack of fun mechanics
>>
>>30483064
I know that HMs were shit to 99% of /v/ but they really did make me feel SLIGHTLY more attached to my mon.
It also forced me to use Water and Flying pokemon, types that i'd usually avoid
When I was a dreamer as a kid playing GSC I hoped for a future where i'd surf and see a unique sprite under me, depending on the pokemon i'm surfing on. Instead i'm subjected to Lapras purgatory forevermore.

I hope that it's just a one-off feature like most pokegimmicks. At the least, I want my fucking bike back.
>>
>>30483264
>he want to remove stuff I like because I've assumed he doesn't want them there

Please, seek help. You're goddamn head case.
>>
>use refresh
>complain about refresh's effects

>use EXP share
>complain about being overleveled
>>
>>30483064
>All GF had to do was remove the "lol, go to move deleter" shit.

HMs only being deleted by the move deleter is important because you could create a scenario where you're trapped in certain areas.
>>
I don't understand why so many animations exist in Refresh, that straight up go unused in battles.
>>
>>30483360
I don't even think exp share overleveled teams, I think you just get more exp in these games than you did in earlier gens.

I have more fun playing the older generations because of moments where the game slaps me for ignoring members of my party rather than whipping out a mon I haven't touched for 20 hours of playtime and it's completely battle ready.
>>
>>30483227
you're not "disagreeing", you're whining and throwing a childish tantrum because we're not all overcompetitive faggots only obsessed with winning battles so we can feel good about ourselves

>Get your head checked.
???
half of the fucking point of these games and most forms of entertainment in general is their characters, if you don't feel anything for them then either you need to get your head checked or the writers have failed at doing their jobs

just go play an RTS or something if all you want to do is win cockfights
>>
>>30483284
Surf and Fly are at least viable moves. Going six generations with Cut was utter ass

What bothers me the most about ridemons was how fucking redundant they are. Did we really need Mudsdale or Sharpedo?

>>30483360
At least they never force Refresh on you. EXP Share needs to be turned off when you first get it or actually optional like it used to be
>>
>>30483417
A problem that couldn't possibly exist because HMs aren't consumable items.

It helps to think before you post.
>>
>>30483360
>Can take off my EXP Share
>Can't turn off refresh effects
Listen buddy I really like petting my pokemon and all, but I don't want a free focus sash every battle.
>>
>>30483440
You know that can still happen in newer generations if you don't use EXP share, right?
>>
>>30483417
>GF for the first time ever puts the move deleter in one of the first pokecenters you come across
>removes HMs
No seriously what did they mean by this
>>
>>30483446
Holy shit, this much projection.

Listen, faggot, you're bitching that there aren't "team bonding options" which don't also cause effect in battle, like boosted exp and crit chance.

I'm pointing out that any content about "team bonding" would just be pointless if they didn't actually make your long held team more effective in fights than catching six fresh pokemon at the right level.

I don't know what you want. You don't seem to know what you want because GF has already given you ways to pet your pokemon and simulate "oh, he's not just a pokemon, he's my FRIEND" type of shit; but you're bitching about it anyway.

Go get your head checked, or order a body pillow with you favorite pokemon on it and just descend into madness.
>>
>>30483475
You can put HMs in the PC, go in between some cut trees, and overwrite the move and be trapped forever.

This is a game for kids, they do retarded shit all the time. Game programmers have to consider every possibility.
>>
>>30483549
>They change the Move Relearner so you can learn new moves your Pokemon hasn't gotten to the level for
>Put it right before the Elite 4

Dumb faggots, having to wait that long for Shadow Bone fucking sucked
>>
>>30483594
PC hasn't stored items since Gen IV due to the Palkia Brand Bags never running out of Space

The more the games improve in terms of capabilities, the more Game Freak themselves show they have no idea how to work around those improvements
>>
>>30483598
>not just going to /wfg/ and getting someone to do it for you

I evolved my crabrawler on the first island doing this.

Use your brain, kids.
>>
>>30483485
Don't rope me into the "bahh, exp share is so lame" crowd. I'm just mentioning that exp share isn't really the problem; the item has existed since red/blue after all (even if buggy in red/blue).

The games really have just become easier. Part of that is more typing diversity earlier into the singleplayer game, as well as better movepools for pokemon and better moves added for each type.

In general though, you seem to get more exp in newer generations and end up with at least a couple of pokemon who seem to always be 5 or so levels ahead of whatever you're fighting.
>>
>>30478180
Love it. Any gameplay that lets me bond with my Pokemon is a welcome feature in my eyes. Refresh and Poke Pelago are great additions and I hope they remain/improve as the series goes on.

PokeRide, on the other hand, needs some serious improvement.
>>
>>30483594
That could easily be solved by making HMs key items you can't get rid of.

A more realistic issue is if you're surfing and then overwrite surf... Now what?
>>
>>30483684
>The games really have just become easier.

nigga you can beat every single pokemon game with just your starter without getting KO'd once
>>
>>30483765
I don't disagree, but what's your point?
>>
>>30483667
>I have to trade to make the single player experience better

Yeah no. Having others fix Game Freak's fuck ups because they're further in the game than me is a waste of our time

>>30483684
EXP never drops below 50% gain, so that's true. The balance has been pretty fucked, but the single player campaign is still more difficult than Gen VI at least
>>
>>30483818
It's not a fuck up, dumb ass. GameFreak wants you to trade. They put tons of shit in the game to incentivize just that.
>>
>>30483598
>learn moves you haven't gotten yet through leveling up
>wanting this earlier

No, go fuck yourself. They've already added feature upon feature to make the game easier. Putting Hydro Pump on your starter from the get go is just retarded. That move relearner exists for the battle tree/online battling where you get locked in to level 50 anyway, so now you can grab a move that your pokemon doesn't learn until a higher level and not bother with grinding them to that point.

It's good that it only exists for the end of game.
>>
>>30483789
The game can be easy or challenging depending on how you play. That's how it's always been.
>>
>>30483659
>Palkia Brand Bags

lol'd
>>
>>30483931
The newer generations are much easier, and that mostly has to do with typing diversity and expanding the movepools for more strategic options; as well as generally more exp as you play through the game.

The best example of this is comparing a Charmander start in red/blue to a Charmander start in Fire Red/ Leaf Green. Simply adding Steel Claw to Charmander's early movepool makes Brock much easier in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

A lot of difficulty from the early games came from a lack of access or a lack of options to combat trainers at certain points in the game.
>>
>>30483846
Game Freak has shitty evolutions for that, they don't need to be shitting on learn sets for the Pokemon too now. Otherwise why not just ask for a goddamn legendary or something to make the game trivial?

>>30483904
I should've probably made myself clearer on that. I don't think they should've made you learn future moves and I don't know why they did
>>
>>30484012
>and I don't know why they did

Because it's a feature for the post game, not for the singleplayer game. Picking your moveset is part of the singleplayer experience. Fucking up that moveset is also part of the single player experience.

Games shouldn't have a safeguard of features that nullify player error.
>>
>>30484004
difficulty in the early games was because you were 9 years old

i played yellow on VC the other week to get ready for bank and I didn't get KO'd once. I blacked out at a few totems in SM, and had to face Kakui 3 times to beat him.
>>
>>30484100
There's the point I'm making, and then there's the shit you say that's totally irrelevant.
>>
>>30484087
Then maybe have Marowak learn its goddamn signature move upon evolving instead of a level before and having to wait until endgame in order to have a Ghost move on it that isn't total ass instead

If you can't have the Move Relearner to fix fuck ups like that then don't fuck up the moveset in the first place. Hell, Exeggutor learns Dragon hammer upon evolution. Same with Tsareena and Trop Kick
>>
>>30483133
>If you're after mechanics that benefit more time investment into pokemon over just catching a fresh whatever and using it immediately
This isn't what I'm talking about at all.

>that's what EVs are for, that's what deciding their movesets as they level up is for.
In the context of what you said before that? Hell yeah it is, kind of, though those aren't as personalized.

>Really, what the fuck are you on about?
It's not a fundamentally bad idea that taking care of your mon outside of battle has some kind of impact on battling, aesthetically or performance-wise or whatever, that's literally all I said. I wouldn't even really give a shit if they removed the benefits or greatly toned them down, personally. Some of them are just plain unrealistic.
>>
>>30484136
>the newer generations are much easier

I'm saying in my experience, this is so laughably wrong.
>>
>>30478398
Greentext pls. I named mine Larry after the Cucumber in VeggieTales
>>
>>30483592
>Holy shit, this much projection.
not the one who responded to OP's question with a rant about dirty casuals and waifufags

>Listen, faggot, you're bitching that there aren't "team bonding options" which don't also cause effect in battle, like boosted exp and crit chance.
no I'm not, do you think I'm someone further up in the chain or something?

>I'm pointing out that any content about "team bonding" would just be pointless if they didn't actually make your long held team more effective in fights than catching six fresh pokemon at the right level.
so? maybe we just want some fun pointless shit to do, there's nothing wrong with that, it's just a game

>You don't seem to know what you want because GF has already given you ways to pet your pokemon and simulate "oh, he's not just a pokemon, he's my FRIEND" type of shit [rambling continues]
jesus fuck what are you even on about anymore
the point of pokemon is pokemon, we want to do things with pokemon, we play the game because of fucking pokemon

why is it such a horrible act to praise and wish for more features that facilitate that better? why must we only cater to those who don't actually care about the game beyond the competitive component?
>>
>>30478530
poke pelago is a better alternative than those stupid as fuck mini games
>>
What the hell does Enjoyment do? Is it just a empty stat?
>>
>>30484772
in pretty much governs whether or not you get affection from petting

might do some other stuff, but I don't know off the top of my head
>>
>>30483748
You would keep surfing till you reach land, where you would be unable to resurf till you gave it to the pokemon again
>>
Wanna fix the HM/PokéRide problem for the next game? Transforming Sonic Screwdriver Tool that "downloads" HM programs once you reach the appropriate area in the game or buy to reach optional areas.

Cut - Machete
Rock Smash - Sledgehammer
Dig - Shovel
Surf - Canoe
Strength - Wrecker Bar
Flash - Flashlight
Fly - Paramotor
Dive - SCUBA gear
Waterfall/Whirlpool - Jetski
Defog - Giant folding fan

Optional animation of one of your party pokemon helping, riding with you, or following close by when using the SuperTool. Obviously size/weight restrictions will be applied according to what is noted in the Pokedex - you can have a rockruff in a chest rig while in the paramotor but not a mudbray.
>>
>>30478279
The lizard loves getting her inner thighs rubbed.

Also having her chest grabbed, and hips caressed.
>>
the ashnime tier retarded battle effects make me not want to use it.
>>
Do all of the gen 6 and older pokemon have new animations?
>>
>>30484581
No, faggot, the point of pokemon has always been catching, training, and battling pokemon. You don't get to magically add "the magic of friendship" as a major feature of pokemon games. Anything having to do with "bonding" with your pokemon will have an effect in battle, because that is the focus of the game.

If want Nintendogs, go play Nintendogs. Hell, if you want a pokemon version of Nintendogs, I'm pretty sure someone made it. You can catch and play with pokemon and evolve them through affection or some stupid shit.
>>
File: 1448767930262.jpg (99KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
1448767930262.jpg
99KB, 600x560px
>play with my pokemon in refresh
>give it a rainbow bean
>"___ is awaiting your command"
>gets to red
>"___ is in a pinch, it looks like its about to cry"
>heal it
"___ is happy to be back at it"
It's pretty fucking cute.

Giving my pokemon a high five is amazing.
>>
>>30478498
Pokewalker 2.0: getting handsy with brionne edition.
>>
File: mari.jpg (63KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
mari.jpg
63KB, 225x350px
>>30485832
>You don't get to magically add "the magic of friendship" as a major feature of pokemon games.
>When the games shill the power of friendship and bond between your Pokemon each game

Did you miss Silver's character development? or the entirety of the point of Gen V?
>>
>>30486002
Did you miss the gameplay? You fucking idiot.
>>
>>30486031
No, I didn't, because the gameplay's still there you autist

Again, if you don't want story in your RPG, go play the Pokemon simulators
>>
>>30486062
You goddamn moron.

You get both. You already have a story to put context to your gameplay and give all those feel good moment with your pokebuddies.

All the gameplay is significant to the core of game, meaning that everything you actually do serves the core of the game: battling pokemon. This is why pokemon amie has battle benefits for using it. The story gives you context around the battling and makes you feel attached to video game creatures.

What S/M has given you is everything your little faggot heart could ever desire in "pokemon bonding". If you're looking for something more dedicated to playing little games with your pokemon as if they were pets, or children (you fucking psycho), then YOU need to go find a simulator.
>>
File: 1424062003362.jpg (36KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
1424062003362.jpg
36KB, 600x421px
>>30486225
Okay, so you're complaining that you don't like thing?
>>
>>30486249
How completely retarded do you have to be for that to be the takeaway of what I posted?
>>
File: 1426721613969.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1426721613969.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
>>30486270
>What S/M has given you is everything your little faggot heart could ever desire in "pokemon bonding". If you're looking for something more dedicated to playing little games with your pokemon as if they were pets, or children (you fucking psycho), then YOU need to go find a simulator.

And this is bad?
>>
>>30486325
Didn't say it was bad, said it was already there.

Everyone is bitching that there isn't more "pokemon bonding" shit in the game. The game is about petting your pokemon on the head. The game is about battling with your pokemon. Everything you do revolves around battling pokemon, even the shit where you pat them on the head.

So if people are looking for a more "pokemon bonding" focused experience, then they can go get a body pillow of their favorite pokemon friend and cuddle it on their descent into madness.
>>
File: 1472808196027.png (147KB, 700x659px) Image search: [Google]
1472808196027.png
147KB, 700x659px
>>30478180
I was getting soundly whipped by totem Mimikyu and his Hypnosis/Sucker Punch minions because I was underleveled. The only reason I got through it was because he affection missed and didnt cave in my head Play Rough style.
>>
>>30485832
> the point of pokemon has always been catching, training, and battling pokemon.
the point of it is the pokemon, that's the entire thing that holds it together, the entire thing that attracts a lot of us to the games, not grinding and button mashing your way through an otherwise shallow, linear snorefest of a single-player story

>You don't get to magically add "the magic of friendship" as a major feature of pokemon games.
did you just put tape all over your upper screen while mashing A through everything not battle-related? it's a major theme of the entire franchise that's frequently re-iterated over and over again both in gameplay mechanics and dialogue
>>
>>30486393
>So if people are looking for a more "pokemon bonding" focused experience
Why the fuck do you seem to think that wanting some extra fluff means we want to gut everything competitive out of the games that you seem to take so seriously? Calm the fuck down and stop throwing an autistic hissy fit over someone liking different aspects of the game from you and wanting some more features catering to them.

It's just fucking the fucking single player mode of a children's game.
>>
holy shit the amount of autism, anger and overall butthurt in this thread is great.
>>
>>30479148
The minigames were fun at first but became super tedious when you just HAD to play them for cupcakes.
>>
>>30478499
>>30479263
It's like people complaining about EXP Share all over again
>>
>>30487150
>telling faggots to reign in their "pokemon bonding" bullshit is an "autistic hissy fit"

The irony is astounding. The game isn't Pokemon Petting Zoo. It's Pokemon, and the focus on pokemon is catching, training, and battling with your pokemon. That other shit only exists to serve the main purpose, which is battling. There isn't a single bit of extra content outside of battling that doesn't directly affect battling in some way. That's the game.

Any themes of friendship or bonding is purely from the narrative. Expecting some side content where you play Pokemon Preschool and coddle your pokemon for the payoff of cutesy faces and floating hearts is fucking ridiculous.

All Pokemon Refresh does is act as another feature to make the singleplayer run even easier. Between that and the return of exp share, the single player game is mindless easy mode. They even added reminders of what moves will be super effective when used. There's no more trial and error for pokemon you've never seen before. There's no more having to remember type advantages or pokemon typing, the game literally says "use this one", then after the fight, the game comes back and says "heal up your pokemon for free" as if petting the fuckers on the top of their head extracts poison from their bodies.

The game effectively killed the theme of being a pokemon trainer. You're now just a chimp who can check a variety of screens instead remembering anything about the game.

These hand holding changes should be enough for you faggots; you even get to pet your pokemon for the refresh, there's your "bonding" time. Yet you faggots want more side content that amounts to nothing more than hugging and cuddling your pokemon until you get a message along the lines of "pikachu's love for trainer is overflowing". What a fucking joke.

>>30486914
Hey dumb faggot, the narrative can narrate all your bonding with your pokemon. That's why the story is there, for the illusion of comradery.
>>
>>30492199
maybe it's time to play a better game, and hangout on a different website or board, anon. chill the fuck down.
>>
>>30492199
autism
>>
>>30479263
>Budgeting

Nice joke, those items literally fall out of the sky and cost pennies.

On top of that status berries are given to you early game every game.

Have you played a Pokemon game like at all?
>>
>>30492269
>berries
>endless money

Which gen did you start? 4 or 5?

>>30492253
>>30492262
>don't talk to me or my pokemon's son ever again, you autist!

k
>>
>>30492297
I started in Gen 1 friend and my Pokes dying from random poison was rare and inbetween because I'm not retarded as fuck.

It sounds like you just straight up suck at this game though.
>>
>>30492340
I like the logical leap from "you should be made to plan out your pokemon adventures" to "he sucks at the game".

Only on /vp/ will you find faggots delusional enough to link "the game should be harder" with "I suck at this game".

Just keep fapping while you pet your salamander.
>>
People bitch about how EXP. Share and the Trainers having few Pokemon makes the games casual, but no one complains about Pokemon Refresh and that it allows you to cure status ailments for free.

ayy
>>
>>30492681
X/Y was so shit that S/M fanboys will defend every feature in it to the death.
>>
>>30492199
>>telling faggots to reign in their "pokemon bonding" bullshit is an "autistic hissy fit"
pretty much since you're now crying strawman-filled literal essays into your keyboard about the fact that some people like an aspect of the franchise you don't

like why the fuck are you even still playing this game if you hate absolutely everything about it? you need to go outside and maybe find a productive outlet because it sounds like you have some real major issues if you're taking the single player mode of a pokemon game this seriously

>>30492386
there was no logical leap, we were saying this from the beginning
I mean were you really expecting us to jerk you off because you were so hardcore you forgot to buy a couple antidotes at the pokemon center before going into a new route? man that's some real depth and challenge right there
>>
>>30492681
This whole thread is full of people complaining about it, there are just a lot of other people calling them faggots because it's not hard to figure out how to use an amulet coin and sell shit. Story mode is easy as fuck and only retards take it seriously.
>>
>>30492802
Keep at it. It's not that pokemon has been made into a hand holding bullshit game. It's that everyone who can realize it is total shit at the game. Repeat it until you're sure it's true.
>>
>>30478398
I swept Kakui's with just Pyukumuku. He is truly the best!
>>
>>30493032
>b-but handholding
nobody ever contested that, nobody cares, just throw your DS into the trash already and be done with it if reality makes you so angry
and no, you're still total shit at the game no matter how much you delude yourself, you have no excuse to black out against shitty AI trainers more than once or twice if you're actually trying
>>
>>30478975
this
I want to use it but I don't want any of that bonus shit like extra exp and random endures
>>
File: DEXATI20161204024209-1.png (438KB, 1439x1439px) Image search: [Google]
DEXATI20161204024209-1.png
438KB, 1439x1439px
>>30478180
>>
>The beam menu is just as fucking finicky to scroll through as the puff menu

I really thought this would be the first thing they would try to fix...
>>
>>30492199
>They even added reminders of what moves will be super effective when used. There's no more trial and error for pokemon you've never seen before.
The reminders are only there for Pokemon you've seen
>>
>>30478180
I'm glad they got rid of the fucking the minigames you had to do to get pokepuffs.

Anyways, can you still rub 4+ heart pokemon after they win a battle in in XY/ORAS?
>>
>>30478180
I miss the minigames. I miss minigames in general. Europe sucks
>>
>>30492681
I guess using Pokemon Centers makes the game too easy
>>
I like it a bit more than Amie. I enjoy feeding them despite not needing to. Some Pokemon are really sexualized, though...make me feel weird.
>>
>>30478482
Switch is casualfag mode that lets you have the constant upper hand. It should never have existed
>>
>>30494140
Afraid not. I liked that feature. Always felt like you were giving your <insertpethere> a scritch behind the ears when you did.

But I can also see how some people could be annoyed by getting a free Scope Lens, Bright Powder and Focus Band when they just want to pet and interact with their 'mons in a non-battle setting. I agree the effect can be a bit overpowered, and should be left as an option or toned down quite a bit if it's not left on a toggle.
>>
>>30495438
From my observations it's toned down from X/Y.
>>
>>30478180
great concept. hate the bonuses. love everything but the bonuses.
>>
Anyone have a link to that video with every pokémon in refresh?
>>
>>30495633
Hows the Pokemon Souls 7 threating ya? Fainting after every 100 steps?
You are so cool, because you play the mega hardcore game like Pokemon Souls. People shod drop on their knees and suck you off where ever you go.
>>
>>30495661
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFa99PCD1O0
>>
>>30478180
I just ignore it since it takes so much time.
>>
File: shiny ruff.png (283KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
shiny ruff.png
283KB, 400x294px
Cute as heck. Bonus can make things too easy or save me when I really need them
>>
>Can use It on any Pokemon
Damn Mimikyu is so adorable.
>>
>>30478180
wouldn't mind it if it didn't give you that exp boost.
But since it does I don't use it
>>
>>30478366
>>30478482
>>30482176
>>30494375
Is it OK if I use Switch, but never use heal items in battle?
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.