[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 286
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_2830.jpg (59KB, 878x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2830.jpg
59KB, 878x864px
New thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread.
After I've caught all the UBs and whatever the black one is called that is but isn't a UB, what else is there to do other than the battle facilities? If there is anything to do.
Also I've created my living dex too.
>>
Start a new file with a different starter
>>
>>30475174
I'm going to start Sun and choose litten, then trade it to moon, restart after then get popplio as well (in Moon I chose rowlet) but only after I've done everything there is to do in Moon. Oh and I have both because I got Moon for myself as a birthday gift for me, then my momma got me sun as a late bday gift.
>>
Does anyone have the pastebin of all the trainer encounters and pokemon they use?
>>
>>30475423
Bumping for this and >>30475350
>>
Anybody got a good moveset/EV for making Arcanine viable? Really want one in my team, only have Mimikyu so far
>>
>>30475111
Can you buy more of those johto balls Samson oak gives you?
>>
Does munchlax learn anything at higher levels or should I juse evolve it as soon as I can?
>>
Can you local trade poke eggs?

>>30476046
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/446.shtml
Here you be the judge.

>>30475865
Nope.
>>
What is a good move set for celesteel?
>>
>>30475111
What's a good nature for Nihelgo and Buzzswole?
>>
Is there any way for Weavile to learn Knock Off in SM? if not, what's a good substitute move?
>>
>Charjabug level 40
>40 Speed
>Vikavolt level 45
>47 Speed

shit
>>
What is the CHS region/language that some pokes have?
>>
If I have my Pokemon's EVs maxed out, is it ok to use Rare Candies on it?
>>
>>30477425
Chinese Simplified.
>>
>>30477675
Rare Candies don't weaken your poke or whatever.
It's simply a level up.
Pretty sure you can still get EVs at level 100 as well.
>>
>>30476474
I like Modest Nihilego and Adamant Buzzwole.

>>30477154
I don't think so.
Night Slash and Throat Chop are pretty decent.

>>30477421
That's not a question.

>>30477675
Sure.
>>
How long does it take to use the TM technique for raising hapiness
>>
>>30478023
Until your fingers fall off.
>>
Is the TM technique even worth it?
>>
>>30479835
It doesn't work.
Just use the stat decreasing berries like most smart people do.
>>
Best moveset for Alolan Exeggutor?
>>
Its posible to catch a reckless emboar with the island scan
>>
>>30480209
As far as I know, no HAs for Island Scan pokes.
RIP Mamoswine.
>>
Now that we can change IVs with hyper training, is there any reason to soft reset for legendary Pokémon (other than to get the right Nature)?
>>
>>30480278
Only works for level 100 pokes and bottlecaps aren't the most common items.
The level 100 hurdle is pretty fucking annoying in this game.
>>
>>30480274
Fug, i just wanted my bro back.
Thanks for answering so fast.
>>
>>30477804
Where do I catch Alomomola?
>>
>>30480380
>The level 100 hurdle is pretty fucking annoying in this game.

Yeah but surely not as tedious as soft resetting and praying for RNG.
>>
How do I add the other version exclusive Ultra Beasts to my pokedex so I can GTS for them?
>>
File: 6404543.png (130KB, 618x657px) Image search: [Google]
6404543.png
130KB, 618x657px
how's cloyster doing competitively these days
>>
>>30480515
I dunno anon.
Leveling genuinely seems to be a complete pain in the ass in this game.
On top of that, you can reduce a lot of the RNG surrounding the catching.
You have 3 guaranteed perfect IVs and a Synchronizer can give you a solid shot at your desired nature. Having a full party will allow you to immediately check the poke's stats as well.

It's up to you, I guess.

>>30480559
You can just type in the name of the poke you want.
That's how people used to ask for digimon or whatever during the early days of XY.
>>
>>30480629
oh sweet, cheers anon ill go get me some omnimon
>>
>>30480708
I think they patched that out at some point, but I never tried it myself.
Follow your dreams, anon!
>>
I heard Malie Garden had a nugget bridge, but there are no trainers manning the bridges in there. I just got to the island.

Also, when do I meet Guzma?
>>
>>30480729
Nugget Bridge happens post-game.
Pretty soon.
>>
>>30480278
The Hidden Power you want might be a factor.
>>
>>30480576
He's alright, in smogon terms he's UU/OU because he has skill link and icicle spear, plus he can combine that with shell smash
>>
File: Thanks.jpg (145KB, 571x610px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks.jpg
145KB, 571x610px
>>30480756
>>
Is there any way to get a legit seismic toss Chansey before mawile is released via the bank?
>>
>>30480904
Don't think so, Mawile is the only poke in the Fairy egg group that gets Seismic Toss.
>>
>>30480960
Fug. Thanks for the quick answer
>>
>>30476200
You can trade eggs via local wireless
>>
Did any Pokémon from previous gens get any significant moves added to their level up/egg move list? Like how Gyarados got Crunch in ORAS.
>>
>>30481434
Flygon got Dragon Dance. Can't wait to try him out.
>>
Is there anything useful about Patterned Beans? Or do they just exist to be converted into Plain Beans?
>>
>>30481481
Oh shit that's awesome! Any more good ones?

I really wanted Machamp to get Drain Punch and Mach Punch, especially Mach Punch though since his pokedex entries describe how quickly he can throw punches.
>>
So, I was trading on GTS and a communication error occurred. This is the first time that's happened to me in Sun and Moon. Does anyone know how long it will block me from using it?
>>
With the new IV Checker, it has new phrases. "No good" "Decent" "Pretty good" "Fantastic" "Best"
Best is obviously 31, and Pretty Good nearly fills out the space at times. What I want to know is, is "Fantastic" exactly 30, or can it be lower and still be called "Fantastic"?
>>
Can I get a Razor Claw aside from wild Jangmo-o?
>>
How do I view and upload battle videos?The battle video button only lets me view my own battles,mock battle,or delete them.
>>
>>30481658
About half an hour. Maybe more maybe less. Definitely less than an hour.
>>
>>30481545
Patterned Beans give more affection points in Refresh than Plain Beans
1 Patterned Bean = 1 hour in the bean bins on PokePelago, which is the same as 3 Plain Beans but more compact and you could fit more in the bin at a time
Rainbow Beans give 2 hours, but trade for 7 Plain. Rainbow Beans also max out a Pokemon's affection with just 3 Beans eaten.

I trade in all my Rainbow Beans so I can afford to build the other islands sooner, but I use the Patterned Beans for rushing berry growth or cave exploration.
>>
When's the best time to evolve pikachu? I evolved Pichu at level 13, so I could get both Nasty Plot and Electro Ball, but is it even worth waiting for TBolt?
>>
>>30481737
Yeah, it actually started right after I asked. Good timing, I guess. Thanks though, Anon!

>>30481760
I know the TBolt TM is post game and that it doesn't learn it by level up until in its forties or something. So, that's up to you.
>>
Best way to farm razor claws? Making Weavile seems to be the only way to trade for the hardest to obtain pokemon like Slowking, Politoed and Porygon line.
>>
>>30481832
Get a Butterfree, level it up, and teach it Thief. Compound Eyes doubles the odds of getting a Razor Claw from wild Pokemon.
>>
>>30481792
It's actually easy enough. I just chucked it in Pelago and left it to train for a couple of days.
>>
What am I supposed to do after catching Necrozma? Looker doesn't say shit
>>
My team are all in the mid to late twenties from dicking around exploring and filling the Pokedex, and I haven't started Lana's trial yet.

How badly am I going to wreck this island?
>>
What's the best ghost counter pokemon among the new SM mon?
>>
>>30482053
You're gonna crush it.
Although I'm impressed you managed to actually explore anything without beating Lana's trial.
>>
>>30482113
By "exploring", I mean obsessively hunting hidden items.

Guessing I should probably get a weaker team if I want an actual challenge.
>>
is ledyba day only or just a low encounter?
>>
>>30482346
According to my dex, it says day only
>>
>>30482058
Incineroar is good. Physical super effective STAB and immune to will-o-wisp. Resists ghost.
>>
really dumb question but I hatched 20 eggs and talked to the IV guy where on the PC does it tell me about the IV's
>>
Is there something about Cleanse Tag I'm not getting? I put it on my lead Pokemon which has a higher level than the wild mons in the area, but I'm still getting wild encounters out the wazoo.
>>
>>30482543
nvm found the judge button
>>
Where do I get sun stones and moon stones?
>>
>>30475111
What's are some good EVs to train for a Metagross?

Attack is an obvious one, but I'm not sure what the second stat should be
>>
File: 1480593688188.jpg (60KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1480593688188.jpg
60KB, 1200x675px
When should I use my Thunderstone on Pikachu? Apparently, Raichu doesn't learn any moves when leveling up from what I see.
>>
>>30482804
Pikachu learns Thunderbolt at 42 which the TM for isn't until postgame
>>
So I just hit the Y button while looking at my pokemon's summary and it showed a different stat diagram

whats that?
>>
>>30483597
EV.
>>
>>30480848
Kinda late with this but it's not post-game, just after you finish what you have to do there the first time around
>>
>>30482638
Mining island in Pelago
>>
When EV training with the exp share, who holds the power increase item? The one fighting or the pokemon in the party not fighting?
>>
>>30475803
Depends on what you want from him. I usually go with this set for him, it's worked pretty well for me.

Arcanine @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

You can change extreme speed for crunch, but I've found that the priority is sometimes needed.
>>
>>30483967
The one who holds the item is the one who gets the 8 bonus EV.
>>
I want my arcanine to have Flame Blitz and Extreme Speed.

Can I wait until he's level 45 to evolve him for Flame Blitz, then go to the Move dude and make him learn Extreme Speed? Or does he have to be Arcanine at the right level to "remember" it?
>>
>>30481645
I don't know too many. Only thing I remember now is a new move called Burn Up that a few older things got. Moltres, Cyndaquil line, and Growlithe line are the only users, iirc.
>>
Are people building Milotic differently this gen or is it same old same old?
>>
Does frisk detect items SOS mons hold? For example, if a Magby with a magmarizer gets called and I have a Frisk mon will frisk go off?
>>
File: Scizor.jpg (137KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
Scizor.jpg
137KB, 1131x707px
Any reason not to evolve my Scyther right away?
It is a freshly bred Adamant.
>>
New to competitive Pokemon and i know a decent amount about EV and IV's.

Can someone tell me a bit about it and how to build a good team from scratch and some good guides would be appreciated and examples of a good team
>>
who are on the list of pokemon for EV training?
>>
Fossils are not only version exclusive, but you can only get one of a pair on each version right? ie. you would need 2 Suns and 2 Moons to get them all instead of just one of each version, correct?

Also, what are the distributions and when are they available?
>>
>>30475111
explain qr scanning plz
what does it do?
>>
>>30486295
adds data to your dex as if you had seen one in battle, gives you 10 points towards island scan. When you have 100 Points you can activate island scan which spawns a Pokémon on the island you are on depending on which island you are on and which day of the week.
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/dailyevent.shtml
>>
So I was replacing the battery on pokemon yellow and one of the metal tabs you have to pry off came off the board. Is it alright if I just super glue the cocksucker back on? Or do I really have to go through the process of getting a solder for one measles metal tab
>>
>>30486369
that's neat
can they have their hidden abilities?
>>
>>30481928
This
>>
Does the portal to the different version of the game give you the exclusive mons to that version?

I'm mostly just curious if it affects anything outside of the time (and getting cosmog).
>>
Are you meant to get the Pink Nectar from those pink bushes in the centre of Royal Avenue? Does it only appear at day time?
>>
Is there no National Dex at all? I just got cyndaquill and it didn't even register in my pokedex
>>
>>30486946
No nat dex until January or something.
>>
>>30486933
It doesn't.
>>30486946
Not yet, will probably be added in Jan
>>
is it normal to finish the game and instantly want to start over?
>>
>>30486990
So does it do anything other than changing the time? I think it's still pretty cool regardless.
>>
File: IMG_4884.png (19KB, 271x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4884.png
19KB, 271x274px
How much does it cost to buy every clothing item?
I might actually have enough money since I haven't found a super-expensive "designer" shop like in XY
>>
>>30487031
Nope
>>
>>30487065
There's a designer shop in Hau'oli
>>
>>30487065
>I might actually have enough money since I haven't found a super-expensive "designer" shop like in XY
There's one that has "special" versions of some of the clothes, but I don't even know if they look visually different from their "normal" counterparts, I haven't checked.

>>30487073
That's a bit of a bummer, though I still think it existing is cool.
>>
do different berry trees give out specific berries or is it all RNG crapshoot?
>>
>>30487134
route 10 (I think it's 10, maybe 9. Whichever one is below the mountain with the bus) gives the EV lowering berries
>>
Is there a place to buy evolution stones from?
>>
>>30487094
>>30487106
Fugg
>>
When I went to Poke Pelago, the dude said he's gonna have to work harder because I got 150 pokemon.

Does this give any benefit? I.e quicker beans from the trees?
>>
>>30487250
I think it's just a marker for how many mons you have, the same message happens at 90 (and if you go under 90, interestingly).

It could do something though, I dunno.
>>
when a pokemon is to big in pokemon refresh what do you do?
>>
>>30487177
just the shitty ones, from Olivia's store.
>>
I got a litwick as the rare Pokemon from the island scan from the qr codes. How good will it be for my team as I progress through the game? I currently have a Popplio, Munchlax, and a lvl 32 Coxyclaque from WT
>>
>>30489236
Chandelure was OP as fuck for me as a special attacker back in Pokemon White, I imagine he's still pretty great, especially when he gets flamethrower
>>
>>30489236
>Coxyclaque
...pardon?
>>
What's a team you can cheese the battle royale with?
>>
>>30484035
Why the expert belt? It seems like a wasted item slot to only do extra damage for super efective moves.
>>
>>30489643
Kamikaze Snorlax usually works for me. Nets me at least two kills assuming it isn't Protect-central and/or a Ghost type
>>
>>30489795
>Kamikaze Snorlax
What's the setup?
>>
>>30489328

Not him, but it looks like Coxyclaque is Crossaint Nigger for Ledian
>>
Is there any trick to finding prankster sableyes? I cant do much because it always kills the carbink when I try to chain it...
>>
If I give a Pokemon in the back a lucky egg will it affect exp is gains from exp share?
>>
Is it possible to disable auto-sync to Pokemon Global Link? It's making the going-online process take alot longer than necessary.
>>
>>30486481
So you guys just don't even know
>>
>>30490459
This is the "small gameplay questions about Sun & Moon" questions thread, not the "How do I solder wires in a gameboy game" thread.

Try /g/ or some shit.
>>
>>30481684
No good is 0, fantastic is 30.
>>
>>30481832
Why not trade a kings rock poliwhirl? People like you are scum.
>>
>>30482682
Special attack, to abuse that sweet steel/psychic special moveset. Mixedagross.
>>
>>30490752
Because King's Rock is not exactly easy to obtain either, and good luck trying to find someone kind enough trade your Poliwhirl with King's Rock for a Politoed.
>>
>>30490791
Trade it for something else (like Slowking), then trade that back for a Politoed.
>>
Alright any of you faggots noticed how they didn't even bother finishing the flyanium z move? Your poke doesn't even animate, it just rotates 90 degrees on the y plane and hovers. It's jarringly lazy.
>>
>>30486216
Late reply, but I was able to buy both fossils in Moon, surprisingly. The lady made it sound like you could only choose one, but I guess the text is about only getting one of each fossil.
>>
>>30491207
Nigger what made you think anything that didn't get a trial is good? Fly is even worse because they clearly wanted Kahili to be the captain with the trial involving golf but couldn't do it. so they gave her an elite 4 spot cause her model and animations were already done.
>>
>>30491477
For what it's worth, I'm okay with how it turned out. It would have been boring if the E4 was just the kahunas, so having two wild cards in there was a nice surprise.
>>
File: 1480694929646.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480694929646.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
Kind of a dumb question, but will Synchronize work with the UBs? I remember reading that it won't work on Pokemon that you talk to on the overworld, like Solgaleo/Lunala.
>>
>>30491693
As an addendum, do I HAVE to catch them in Beast Balls?
>>
>>30491693
It works on both UBs and interactable pokemon. And no, you don't need to use beast balls if you don't want to. They're just cool looking.
>>
>>30491751
Oh, and fun fact: it also seems to work on gift pokemon if the synchronizer is in the front spot on your party. Either that or I got REALLY lucky resetting for Type: Null.
>>
>>30491943
That's weird, I read the exact opposite before. And it's too late, I just nabbed Null. It was Adamant, but has single-digit Special Defense and Speed, but I don't mind because I'll use bottle caps if I really want to use Silvally.
>>
>>30490013
Yes
>>
Am I able to pass down Hold Back and Happy Hour when breeding Snorlax?
>>
File: 1470111754722.jpg (90KB, 765x390px) Image search: [Google]
1470111754722.jpg
90KB, 765x390px
I've been trying to get a decent nature Tapu Koko. The last three attempts I've done have all been netting me a relaxed nature. I'm pretty sure that the nature is set since I saved inside Tapu Koko's room. Is there anything I can do beyond killing him and beating the E4 again or am I fucked?
>>
Where do I need to evolve sliggoo? I dont even remember there being rain anywhere in the game overworld
>>
>>30492384
Permanent rain outside Po town (Place where Team Skull took over)
>>
>>30491730
no, but it's a lot easier to use the beast balls
>>
>>30492371
It isn't actually saved; you've just gotten unlucky. If you really want to, you can kill him and re-clear the E4 to reset. Honestly, you will save yourself a ton of work if you use a synchronizer. Breed abras (using a female with synchronize gives the babies an 80% chance of having synchronize) until you have all the useful natures.

To make it even more worth your while, take all of the trash abras you breed, and kill something in Poni plains. They'll all jump to lvl 16-18 and evolve. Then put the kadabras on the GTS to fill your pokedex.

>>30492384
There's rain on Executor Island and Malie Garden, but only sometimes. I think move-created rain also works?
>>
>>30492465
>>30492497
I cant believe I forgot about Po town, thanks anons.
>>
>>30492497
>It isn't actually saved; you've just gotten unlucky.
are you saying I've just happened to get a relaxed nature 3 times in a row?
>>
>>30475111
Are the UBs and legendaries shiny locked?
>>
>>30492553
UBs are shiny locked but I'm pretty sure you can get shiny legendaries
>>
>>30492545
Yes, unless you've got some kind of odd bug. I saved one step in front of his statue and reset repeatedly for IVs, with occasional different natures.
>>
so if the ditto has the hidden ability and the other pokemon doesn't could I still get the hidden ability from the egg?
>>
>>30492465
That's not rain. It's the collective tears of Lillie fags over her leaving for Kanto [Spoiler]It's salty. ;_;
>>
>>30492586
well shit, I'll keep trying then. thanks anon
>>
>>30492599
What you think?
>>
>>30492715
no idea,I've seen that both parents give hidden abilities now but I don't know if it applies to ditto
>>
>>30492745
Ditto is a mirror.

Unless the other pokemon has the HA, the offsprings will never have HA abilities.
>>
>>30492775
figures. guess I'm stuck trying to get a specific nature a little longer
>>
I collected 1,500 festival coins to get Rare Kitchen 5 from one of my VIPs, but the game keeps saying I need more FC even though I have enough. Is there something else I need to do before I can get it?
>>
>>30487134
http://serebii.net/sunmoon/berrytrees.shtml
Fighting Crabrawler gives the rarer berries on the list (ie Ganlon/Liechi)
>>30492242
No
>>30484244
Frisk only happens on the one with the ability being switched in. If it's like gen 6 it should show both items if both pokemon have some.
>>30481928
>>30486911
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/800.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/alola/tencarathill.shtml#xy-farthesthollow
>>30490089
No
>>30485365
???? http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/ev/hp.shtml is a list of pokemon that give HP IVs and has links to the lists of other stats.
>>
>>30493006
Make sure you're looking at your current festival coin count and not how much you've collected in total. When you earn coins, it tells you how much you've collected overall and NOT your coin balance.
If your current count is higher than 1500 probably a bug.
>>
File: 1395665152098.jpg (50KB, 407x385px) Image search: [Google]
1395665152098.jpg
50KB, 407x385px
>>30492697
follow up on this, I've gotten 3 relaxed natures, 2 brave natures and a quiet nature

can I please just fucking get something that isn't minus speed /blog
>>
>>30493143
Did you go get a synchronize pokemon yet?
>>
File: Aegislash.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Aegislash.png
62KB, 250x250px
What nature, EVs and movesets do I give this fucker?
>>
>>30493251
EVs really depends on the set. Generally minus speed nature is good for him
>>
>>30493251
Literally any of the 4 speed hindering natures. Some kind of toxic set for Relaxed/Sass. Lefties with phys/spec moves for Brave/Calm. Always run King's Shield. EVs are HP/whatever is boosted by nature.
>>
>>30493251
-speed is ideal because you'll probably stay in Shield Forme when the opponent hits you, because you're slow as balls.
Quiet or Brave, IMO. Depending on how much effort you want to spend, getting max Attack and Special Attack can be really useful for giving it a more mixed set.
Always max HP, I'd say. 60 if fucking low.
Just finished training my own Smogonsword, Quiet, max HP/SpA.
>>
>>30493635
Is quiet the preferred nature for a mixed set?

I'm actually planning to breed for a shiny, but I'm not sure exactly how I want to run him or which sets are the most useful or successful. I don't want to start breeding until I know which nature(s) are great on him since that's the only thing I can't change about it once it's hatched.
>>
Does compound eyes work even if the pokemon is fainted? It just has to be first slot on the team?
>>
>>30493695
I think so?
It used to be, at the very least, but I was always pretty bad at keeping up with the meta.
It's probably better to read the Smogon page on Aegi, rather than listen to me, who only sorta knows what he's talking about.
For what it's worth, I've had some good experiences with Quiet. Shadow Ball wrecks things pretty hard, Sneak is great at picking off weakened stuff, Shield is shield and the last slot is currently being occupied with Flash Cannon because fuck fairies.

>>30493794
It certainly used to. Unless they changed that in SM, and fainted Synchronizers still do their job.
>>
Is what people are saying about it being necessary to actually EV train and worry about IVs to be successful in battle tree actually hold merit or can I get away with bs'ing my way to some bp?
>>
>>30493844
You could probably get some wins early, but it ramps up and starts cheating early, so.
>>
>>30493844
The battle tree goes bullshit very quickly, but it can also depend. I haven't done any EV or IV training myself and managed to get to only 6 with UBs on my team.
>>
>>30493844
It seems like they removed XYORAS's pussy mode. No more people with NFE pokes, but actual teams from the very start.
Annoys me a bit, because there's no easy way of getting all the Power items now.
>>
>>30493897
>>30493915
is there any hope for me getting the mega stones if I'm not willing to put in work for ev training?
>>
>>30493931
All of them?
RIP in pepperonios, anon.
You could probably get one or two, if you keep re-challenging after getting wrecked by some asshole, but I don't think it'll be very fun.
>>
who's the best grass type pokemon?
>>
>>30493996
Lurantis!

...I wish, I think tsareena is pretty good, or roserade if you need special over physical or speed over bulk
>>
If I breed Minior, will the Minior that hatch all be the same colour as the one I breed with Ditto or will they all be random?
>>
What's a good set for mixed Tapu Koko
>>
>>30494397
Same color.
>>
Where the fuck do you get a Porygon? I've seen people with them on GTS, so I know they're available somewhere.
>>
>>30494709
Post E4, at the Aether house on route 15.
>>
>>30494736
Oh, never would have looked there. Thanks!
>>
WHAT HAPPENED TO TCGO GENERAL?
>>
>>30494709
>>30494752
You also get the UP-grade inmediately and the dubious disc from Faba if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>30494842
Also thanks!

Another thing, I noticed that the Normalium Z gave Normal status moves some extra effects. Does this extend to all types and status moves? Is there a list of all these effects anywhere?
>>
So what's the most effective way of Sketching certain moves?
Is there any easy, repeatable doubles fight you can do?
>>
>>30494917
yes, but most effects are negligible, like increasing your stats by one stage, a one turn haze, etc, on top of their regular effect. Certain move get much better effects, like splash-Z being essentially a physical tail glow, but I haven't been able to find out a complete list of all moves with good effects, so you'd be better off individually looking up moves you think might be different enough to get boosts.

However, on the subject of porygon, conversion-Z increases every stat by one stage upon use, like ancient power's effect.
>>
>>30494951
I've heard of people encountering an enemy Smeargle, letting that enemy Sketch the desired move, then bringing in your own and Sketching off the enemy Smeargle. Haven't done it myself though.
>>
>>30495021
SOS Smeargle seems to be the way to go.
Annoying how there's no other way right now to get Thunder and Ice Punch on Bewear.
Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>30494976
Wow, Splash actually became useful? Neat!

Now I kinda wanna teach my Tsarenna splash again and use Z Splash for that buff. It'd be funny to me, at least.

Also, what the fuck, this is the fourth time tonight I've gotten a captcha with store fronts.
>>
>>30495086
>Splash actually became useful?
its a meme move, you must take into account you are wasting one slot in a useless move, you waste an item slot AND you cant use any more Z moves afterwards. But yes, it can lead to hilarious results with tsareena and gyarados
>>
>>30495141
I'm not a competitive person, so I wouldn't worry about that, but I just love how they made a great meme move like that.
>>
>>30475111
Did these general question threads exist (and for this long) when XY was released?
>>
>>30486481
Just tape it back on. I don't think super glue conducts electricity.
>>
>>30494976
Just looking through the list of status moves, apparently Z Belly Drum restores HP. I wonder how much? That could be pretty great if it fully restores it and maximizes attack.
>>
>>30495257
Fairly sure it heals first, then cuts the HP.
Otherwise it'd be broken as fuck.
>>
>>30495267
>broken as fuck
>Literally anything used Clear Smog!/Haze!
>>
>>30495267
Aw, didn't even consider that, that's probably exactly how it works. Oh well.
>>
>>30495282
Haze is rare as fuck, Clear Smog is pretty uncommon as well and often on slower things like Amoonguss.
Most people rely more on phazing moves, but those have the obvious negative priority.
A free +4 attack would be completely ridiculous and you know it.
>>
Slowbro or Slowking?
>>
I played ORAS very casually with a lot of breaks over like 2 years so I'd forgotten about a lot. Where was the in-game hint to start looking for the regi's and their in-game clues? I know I can just look up exactly how to start the encounter but I'd like to experience it instead of just being a checklist in my pokedex.
>>
>>30495447
Bro, unless you want to Plot.

>>30495501
Go west of Pacifidlog.
>>
>>30495543
One of the trainers on the route is like oh hey I heard about x?
>>
File: 1479567974822.png (1MB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479567974822.png
1MB, 1000x800px
>>30495543
Thanks. Guess I never found it cause I already had my dex for that route.
>>
>>30496531
You're welcome.
>>
File: 1480654579327.png (109KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
1480654579327.png
109KB, 640x423px
where is a good place to level up mons?
>>
>>30495282
Does anything have prankster clear smog/haze? Sub baton pass into a scarfer from a ninjask then sweep.
>>
File: Misty_and_Psyduck.png (344KB, 522x391px) Image search: [Google]
Misty_and_Psyduck.png
344KB, 522x391px
Best Lunala nature? I can't decide between Timid or Modest.
>>
>>30496882
Murkrow.
>>
>>30496889
Timid for speedy sets, modest for bulkier sets.
>>
>>30496909
What are the actual odds of someone running a prankster honchkrow?
>>
File: brave this.png (247KB, 539x500px) Image search: [Google]
brave this.png
247KB, 539x500px
>>30497325
>he doesnt run memes
>>
>>30497325
Close to zero, I'd wager.
It's Murkrow only, Honchkrow doesn't get Prankster and neither are particularly good Hazers. They don't have the bulk to switch in on anything.
>>
File: 1479570617043.jpg (38KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
1479570617043.jpg
38KB, 1024x676px
>>30497341
Unownx6 or death represent
>>
>>30475111
Can you manipulate your 3DS clock to time travel in the pelago? Completing dex is hell.

Also, can I put a mon with frisk up front and chain if I know a certain other mon holds items in the wild? Will it register?
>>
I finally got the Shiny Charm today.
How does it work, anyway?
Does it reroll a Pokemon's ID if it's not shiny?
How does it work for eggs?
>>
>>30497454
>Also, can I put a mon with frisk up front and chain if I know a certain other mon holds items in the wild?
Just use compound eyes (it increases the odds of finding items on wild pokemon by a lot) and thief, so you can kill and chekc items at the same time. Butterfree is your best option.
>>
>>30497526
I've been doing that, but man does it suck for mons with low encounter rates.
>>
>>30497543
Chain for SOS encounters, I've had to do it twice. Once with grimers to get black sludge, then with beldums for a metal coat.
>>
>>30497543
Why on earth did they think removing the dexnav was a good idea. There's some 700 pogeys, just let peopel get shit and get on with the game.
>>
Anyone use Gastrodon? I need some good water types. I have an Araquanid but I like to have more than one choice. Other suggestions appreciated.
>>
Does the attack stat matter at all when you use a weight based move like Heavy Slam?
>>
>>30498056
Competitively or for fun?

>>30498119
Yes http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Damage

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:DamageCalc.png where base is the power of the move
>>
How do I get whiscash to learn Tickle?
I'm trying to breed it onto another mon but need a god damn whiscash with tickle first. Unsuccessfully evolved 2 so far, it doesn't learn it through evolution.
>>
>>30498143
For fun mostly, doing fun doubles with a friend and stuff. It's resistances look decent across the board except it gets shit on by grass. I'm pretty new to taking all this shit like IV and EV seriously but I'm having fun building teams. I never really used water types so I don't know what is good or not.
>>
File: 1459199022949.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1459199022949.png
317KB, 796x712px
>tfw can't win a single battle royale with my story team

i guess i'll make a battle royale team

Who should go on it? I was thinking Tapu Lele, Mudsdale and... I dunno, Turtonator for Explosion cheesing?
>>
>>30498162
What game you playing? Find the move relearner and relearn it. It's a level 1 move for him.

>>30498233
Water types work just like anything else. For gastrodon you can pair him with something that has a hit all water move and it'll raise his spA while not harming him if he has storm drain.
>>
>>30498305
Moon, just beat the ghost trial site and haven't come across the move repeater yet, will have to google where that is, thanks anon.
>>
>>30498298
Just get a Kartana with life orb and do the battle tree for BP. I used Kartana, Garchomp, Mimikyu to get the first clear. Unless you are just trying to get a clear there for the trainer styles and stuff then just ignore me.

>>30498305
Thanks I think it will fit in somewhere with my friends team then. Seems like it would make a decent wall if they don't bring any grass types.
>>
>>30498406
I didn't know that BP carried over from both so that's good to know, but I do want the styles.

In that case, I guess I'll try Celesteela, Golisopod, and Lele for Battle Tree singles for now.
>>
Should I be using
a 5IV with the nature I want + 6IV with knot or
two 6IVs + knot but not the nature I want
to breed a 6IV with the nature I want?
>>
File: Tucans.jpg (157KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
Tucans.jpg
157KB, 640x428px
Can you breed Bullet Punch for Machop without Bank?
>>
>>30499380
Pangoro can pass it down to human-like egg groups
>>
>>30499218
OK nevermind, I got a 6IV with the nature I wanted in two eggs after using everstone on my 5IV.
>>
Wondering, do you stll get BP from Online battling, of ao which ones? I haven't completed the game so i cant win anything with my team
>>
>>30490523
Is it really because it just says questions that don't deserve their own thread which this question fits the criteria. Bunch of worthless scum around here.
>>
File: all pokemon gen6.png (271KB, 809x948px) Image search: [Google]
all pokemon gen6.png
271KB, 809x948px
Does anyone have a list of all the sprites for the new pokemon?
>>
Doas changing the day on the 3ds affect the island scan?
>>
Best method to gain levels fast?
>>
>>30500904
beat the E4 over and over again. That's the best you can do
>>
How the fuck do I get Tauros to call for help? It's at 1hp with no status
>>
>>30501055
Adrenaline Orb.
Have something with Pressure/Intimidate/Unnerve out.
>>
>>30500904
grind the shit out of festival plaza and pray for a 5* kitchen.
>>
Is there a way to get more beast balls after catching the last UB?
>>
How to SOS battles work with EVs, exactly? Is it that all SOS-ed in pokemon automatically grant a flat x2 multiplier to EVs, does the multiplier start somewhere and get higher as you progress through the chain?
>>
I just started messing around the Festival Plaza after completely ignoring it on my first playthrough. Are the buildings offered to you randomly by Sophocles or can they be created by the NPCs like in Join Avenue in BW2? Also, which buildings are generally considered to be the most useful? I don't feel like I need 2 fortune tellers that much desu.
>>
>>30501870
Sadly no. You need to stock up before finishing Guzzlord.
>>
>>30502436
>As you progress through the chain, the Effort Points yielded from each Pokémon are multiplied by 2 which results in the Effort Values you receive getting increased. As such, with this, a Power Item and PokéRus, you can get 36 Effort Points from one Pokémon being defeated and max a stat out in 7 KOs in a chain.
>>
>>30502470
It's completely random and shit.

Most people get multiples of the bouncy house and the restaurants.
>>
>>30501870
If you have exactly 0 Beast Balls in your bag, go talk with Looker and he'll give you one. If you want more, give the Beast Ball to one of your Pokemon and ask again, since the game doesnt check for held items.
>>
Anyone playing pokemon sun/moon on citra? I'm using the latest bleeding edge build and it's a bit slow.

Using it to start a new game without having to delete the one I have on my 3ds. Wondering if any of the previous builds ran better.
>>
>>30502508
Thanks.

I know the bouncy house is for rising EVs but what does the restaurant do?
>>
>>30502483
Yeah, I read that, but it's not clear if it's a flat x2 on every SOS, i.e. SOS #1 == SOS #25, or if each additional SOS gets multiplied by x2 subject to some cap, or what. The phrase "as you progress through the chain" is ambiguous.
>>
>>30502583
Resets EVs and also the super-rare candies
>>
>>30502602
I think it's *2 for every mon up until a cap, someone posted about it a little while ago
>>
I'm going to grind some lucky eggs with my second game. What other hard to get or limited in amount items should I send back? I'm planning getting the apricot ball set, master ball, soothe bell, maybe some evolutionary items and stones.
>>
What do you need for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon? Max Poke Refresh affection?
>>
File: 15046914_p0.jpg (601KB, 1300x916px) Image search: [Google]
15046914_p0.jpg
601KB, 1300x916px
>>30475111
>>
When can you battle the trial captains?

Serebii lists each captain as a trainer you can battle in each trial area at an appropriate level for where you are in the game but none of them have challenged me since the first captain.

Am I missing something here?
>>
File: 1480822660437.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480822660437.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone have the encounter tables for Sun?
>>
>>30503500
3 hearts, and she has to know one Fairy move (she should have babydoll eyes already or whatever it's called)
>>
Is there some trick to getting Castform to spawn? I can't find it anywhere. I just keep getting Goomy.
>>
Is my GTS feature fucked?
I tried doing a same 3DS trade (deposit in one game, turn off, put another game and do the trade), but my deposited Pokémon doesn't appear in the other game while deposited Pokémon in the later appear in the former.
I also deposited a Vulpix for a Sandshrew and it was there for hours while any other is immediately traded.
>>
>>30507844
I remember doing that on ORAS, if the poke was too common, like Zigzagoon, it doesn't appear due to the fact that it's basically drowned out by the other garbage.
Either narrow your search down with level/gender restrictions or deposit something less common.
>>
>>30507960
I did try that and it still didn't appear while without any of that it still is visible if I do the same but with the other game.
I thought it was because I was trying to do a trade using the same 3DS, but the fact that Vulpix was there for hours without being traded has me questioning if my game has a bug or whatever.
>>
I've got a mediocre nature on Solgaleo because I didn't discover Synchronize abuse until after I caught it. If I released it and beat the E4, would it reappear?
>>
>>30508089
Then I don't know either, I'm afraid.
Those tricks have always worked for me.
>>
>>30475111
Where are the Liechi and Salac Berries?
>>
File: 1480633760887.jpg (140KB, 899x907px) Image search: [Google]
1480633760887.jpg
140KB, 899x907px
I'm looking for an HA gabite; but because this fucker only shows up in weather, I gotta chain sandiles to get it. Can I just kill the sandiles off and start chaining gabite as soon as one shows up?
>>
>>30509759
Chains don't continue if the surviving mon is not of the same evolutionary line, so no.
>>
>>30508781
According to Serebii, both are in Poni Wilds. Salac comes from the west tree, Liechi comes from the east tree.

>http://serebii.net/sunmoon/berrytrees.shtml
>>
Is pink Gastrodon available? or only blue?
>>
>I don't know how math works.
So the capture formula uses Max HP and Current HP as part of the formula. Does this mean a Level 1 Beldum at 1 HP is harder to catch than a Level 100 Metagross at 1 HP?
Are 2 or 3 levels or better HP IVs enough to make a percentile difference?
>>
>>30511259
Try Exeggutor Isle.

>>30511336
Catch rates are unaffected by level. Better HP IVs might mean better catch rates at low health, but I'm not sure about that, and if that is the case, it's also not really going to be a big difference.
>>
>>30511655
>Catch rates are unaffected by level.
Directly yes, but 1/356HP Vs 1/13HP does that make a difference.
>>
>>30475111
Has anyone found out how minior's color is determined? Randomness, IVs?
Also best way to complete the dex?
>>
Does anyone actually find breeding enjoyable? I can see people doing it to get things they can't get any other way. But it's such a fucking boring and tedius fucking system full of the most arbitrary bullshit that I cannot find it anything other than completely unpalatable.
>>
>>30477425
"China"
-Donald Trump
>>
If I use Leftovers + Aqua Ring will each restore less health than it would if used alone?
>>
Anyone know how to disable auto game sync with Pokemon Global Link whenever you try to go online? It's making the process much slower than necessary.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 430x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 430x470px
Is it even worth running choice scarf on pic related? Mine is timid with wonder guard, so it doesn't care about prankster status and already outspeed most mons anyway.
>>
>>30513215
Said wonder guard but obviously meant magic bounce
>>
>>30513099
You can't.
Thread posts: 286
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.