[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vgcg/ VGC 2017 General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 31

File: VGC series logo.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
VGC series logo.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
Sudden death edition

First Premier Challenge of the new format now live on libertygarden @Twitch.

Resources:
http://pastebin.com/DxtEkspZ
>>
kill you are selve
>>
Daily reminder that Celesteela is this year's meme killer.

But at least it isn't a shit design like the Genies.
>>
>>30475646
Celesteela IS the meme this year.
>>
is Venoshock w/ Toxic Spikes instead of Scald on Toxapex a good idea?
>>
>>30477575
No for several reasons.
The mains reasons are that Toxapex isn't a mon suited for double formats and hazards aren't suited either.
>>
>>30477007
Celesteela an cancerturtle
>>
>>30475646
celesteela is the reason every team needs an electric or fire attack. if you don't bring it you lose automatically
>>
Thread is kinda quiet compared to previous editions, anyone want to look at my team and give some feedback?
http://pastebin.com/qB38bCJ2
>>
so what big names are participating at the london tournament?
>>
>>30478154
Causality, Marowak is everywhere.
>>
>>30478428
marowak is not only good for that
it covers gyarados, wrecks bulu/tree cores, and much more
>>
This guy really fucked up by switching out Celesteela instead of Earthquaking again.

Also

>U-Turn instead of Parting Shot
>>
>Bug Z-Move into fucking Celesteela
Shit nigga what are you doing
>>
>>30478373
it's shit
>>
>>30479408
Parting Shot is banned.
>>
>>30479499
Yeah wtf man. I don't get it.
Also, how did he get a Dragonite with Thunderpunch?
>>
>>30479499
What are you guys watching?
>>
>>30479571
Level 1 level-up move.

>>30479606
Read the OP lad.
>>
OUT
FUCKING
PLAYED

What a read, this guy really learned from his previous mistakes.
>>
Oh, the tranny is playing at the event
>>
almost went to a premier challenge at kent state today.
>>
B+ for trying

The guy was clearly new to game but he was learning as he playing and applied it

Scizor and Gengar were total dead weights though. Should've used Fini instead desu.

>>30479752
Why didn't you go anon?
>>
>>30479771
i was looking at the schedule last night and its a little over an hour drive so i didnt really get a chance to prepare my schedule, but i think there are some other close ones coming up. sucks though i feel like most of them are really far
>>
>>30479752
Congrats anon
>>
>>30479874
>Prepare your schedule
That's for pussies, you should've just winged it. You'll have twice as fun that way.

>but i think there are some other close ones coming up. sucks though i feel like most of them are really far
How far is that far?
>>
>>30479934
next closest is 150 miles, PA state college

and by prepare my schedule i already had stuff to do today i couldnt get around.
>>
>>30479991
Jeez, that's far indeed.

>and by prepare my schedule i already had stuff to do today i couldnt get around.
What a shame. Best of luck for the next time anon.
>>
>goodra
>>
Holy shit this balding fatty
>>
Where are you watching it?
>>
>>30480088
Are you literally unable to read the OP?
>>
>>30480088
Read the OP
>>
>>30480112
The stream doesn't work so I thought it was somewhere else
>>
>Everyone playing as a guy
>Everyone playing as the brown guy
>>
>>30480133
>The stream doesn't work
It does. Try harder.
>>
That young announcer sperg is wrong. Aurora veil does not fade with weather changes. It only need to be hailing on the initial use.
>>
>>30474867
What's the meta looking like now? I haven't been paying attention. Last I heard, Drought Turtle was the hot new meme. Are Tapus as centralizing as we all expected?
>>
File: vgc17_meta_report_nov30.jpg (469KB, 1281x1633px) Image search: [Google]
vgc17_meta_report_nov30.jpg
469KB, 1281x1633px
>>30480285
turtle is a dead meme

>Are Tapus as centralizing as we all expected?
so far yes
>>
>>30480324
What makes Koko good?
>>
>>30479522
I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate on why it's shit
>>
>>30480355
Why wouldn't it be good?
>>
>>30480355
Really anon? Do you seriously need to ask that?
>>
>TB
>Not Discharge
This fucking guy
>>
Nice T-Bolt, lad.
>>
Is Gyarados pretty much the only viable booster right now?
>>
Aurora Veil clutching it up
>>
File: p03_01[1].jpg (42KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
p03_01[1].jpg
42KB, 400x240px
is it me or are more and more people picking up Z-moves? I am thinking of running Z-Dragon whatever its called on my Salamence.

A one time nuke with no Sp.Atk drop might be worth it.
>>
If not for Marowak surviving by a sliver that would have been an A+ turn. What a shame.
>>
>>30480598
Good luck doing that in Tapus The Game.
>>
>>30480598
Z-moves are super clutch for getting surprise KOs.
>>
Who's the stuttering commentator?
Even I can spill less spaghetti.

>>30480598
They're nukes who let pokémon oneshot stuff they couldn't otherwise, on top of that they semi-bipass protect.
>>
>>30480598
Thinking of trying a Flyingium-Z Tapu Koko. Between Z-Roost, Z-Mirror Move and Supersonic Skystrike depending on what I need, it seems like it could be pretty damn versatile.
>>
>My favourite pokémon is Gengar but now that's been nerfed it's not my favourite anymore so I need to find a new favourite pokémon
>>
>>30480695
Reminds me of the Karenfags who start to hate their favorite Pokemon when they get a buff and it becomes usable and good.
>>
>>30480598
I put electrium Z on my tapu lele to blow through celesteela. Almost nobody expects it.
>>
>>30480695
Filthy casual.
I liked Gengar back when it got OHKOd by Earthquake all the time in Gen 1 and 2, and I still like it now.

You just have to be creative about how it's used.
Sub/Disable with Black Sludge (or even Air Balloon), partnered with Tapu Bulu for example. Nobody's gonna use Earthquake during Grassy Terrain.
>>
>>30480695
I'm at the #1 spot on the ladder with a gengar opening lad
>>
>>30480809
>not using Aromatherapy Z on your Lele
>>
>>30480626
True. I am training up a chomp now. Z-poison worth it for the tapus? Also Mimikyu perhaps.

>>30480678
Very interested in trying a bulky Fini set with Nature's Madness/Guardian of Alola

>>30480809
That's also cool. Running Fire-Z on Celesteela itself to blow away other Celesteelas can work too.

Let's not forget about Z-status
Z-Morror move like someone already said
Z-Conversion is also hilarious
>>
>>30480896
z-conversion is a meme
z-destiny bond is the real shit
>>
>>30480133

DONT FORGET THIS PERSON IS REALLY STUPID
>>
So, after some playing around, I like MOST of this team comp.

Raichu-A just feels underwhelming at times.
>>
>>30480896
Poison Jab alone does a good enough job most of the time. Groundium Garchomp is what most people are using right now.
>>
>>30480943
A-Raichu is a mememon. Togedemaru is better than him imo.

How are you running your Raichu? All out offense?
>>
>>30480943
RAI-A is really not worth using
>>
>>30481003
Pretty much, but his move pool feels so restricted and his Physical Attack being lower than Pikachu's with a Light Ball means his Fake Out won't do shit if I decide to go Physical.

How does one run Togedemaru? I am still new to VGC and have been trying my best at it with Showdown, I had a few negative streaks but now am at 1200ish with this Team Comp and never find myself needing to run A-Raichu since it literally does nothing.
>>
>TFW I feel like this VGC would be interesting enough for me to take part in, but at the same time feel like my favourite Pokémon from S/M aren't as good as I hope.

That, and I don't know when/where VGC happens in Portugal. This sucks.
>>
so I know nothing about competitive Pokemon, why is the format in double battles? Is it just because the nips really like double battles?
>>
>>30481105
because single battles devolve into PP stall wars far too often
>>
>>30481105
doubles is a healthier meta in general, there are more possibilities every turn and battles aren't lenghty switchfests like in singles.
>>
File: 3333.png (45KB, 966x549px) Image search: [Google]
3333.png
45KB, 966x549px
>>30481105
>>30481105
>>
>>30481068
>How does one run Togedemaru?
Support.

You've got Lightning Rod, Nuzzle, Spiky Shield, Encore, Fake Out,

Only bad thing is that only Steel move is Gyro Ball.

>>30481105
It's faster.

>>30481122
t. someone who doesn't play singles at all and just parrots what he hears on /vp/ anti-smogon threads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15cqu1O4fbk&t=75s
>>
>>30481139
>doubles is a healthier meta in general
VGC is objectively and factually more centralized than Singles. I'm a VGCfag but don't delude yourself.
>>
Update to patch Z-Meme and Z-PS when?
>>
>>30481085
Some Portuguese top players are very active on Twitter, including the guy who got 4th at Worlds this year. It shouldn't be hard to contact them.

>>30481105
Prevents awful stallfests typical to singles and allows real life events to not go on for days on end. The game itself is also balanced (albeit not always well) for doubles. It inherently has more depth to it because of all the different elements at play at a given time.
>>
>>30481105
Because doubles makes you try to predict more, because you can't just safely switch with a physical or special wall and tank whatever you want and then setup.

Here you need to make use of protect, work about synergy and consider more stuff.

True answer: The meta is hyperoffensive and each match doesn't last much so events can go smoothly
>>
>>30481105
they were an adv meme that became tradition by default
and also they take less time than singles, or did before they added the chess timer this gen
>>
>>30481191
I'm guessing January.
>>
>>30481211
I still can't believe they added the chess timer but didn't kept the general timer too. Gamefreak truly is the embodiment of the "one step forward, two steps backward" phrase no matter what they do.
>>
>>30481174
thing is, VGC changes radically every year while somgon formats are pretty much the same thing for like 3 years and the only thing saving them from absolute stagnation is banning some supposedly "unbalanced" mons every once in a while.
Smogon is fun, but it's just not real pokemon.
>>
>>30481272
Speaking of, the last round of Swiss is literally still going on because of le Steel waifu mirror match
>>
>>30481338
having a pokemon that can leech seed its own species was a terrible idea, I don't know how GF didn't think of that through.
>>
>>30481105
A regular VGC match takes like 9 to 12 turns, a Singles one around 50
>>
>>30481174
I'd say one major contributing factor to that is that pure stallmons and frail sweepers are unviable in doubles. Hybrid mons and mons who generally fill in a few niches fairly well instead of being an excellent one-trick pony are more of a doubles thing, but it doesn't quite offset the former.
>>
>>30481365
I think it is a reminder to Game Freak to avoid things like allowing Sub-Legendaries into the competitive scene.

I doubt they'll ever learn from it, but I think it'd be a change of pace with the degeneracy that Genies brought with them.

I mean, the Tapus aren't so bad as they don't seem so heavily mandatory to a battle as sometimes I don't use Koko in my Four depending on the match-up, but things Celesteela dragging things out is a problem, not degenerate, but indeed a problem.
>>
>>30480841
t. liar
>>
When's the next match? The stream's been just filling time for a while now
>>
>>30481303
>thing is, VGC changes radically every year
Fair enough point.

>while somgon formats are pretty much the same thing for like 3 years and the only thing saving them from absolute stagnation is banning some supposedly "unbalanced" mons every once in a while.
You are completely deluded if you honestly believe that's all that changes through the years in Smogon Singles.

Smogon Singles like any other meta of ANYTHING changes and evolves as time goes with periods of things becoming popular and then things appearing to counter that popular thing and the popular thing going back to obscurity and repeat endlessly. If anything Smogon Singles evolves further than VGC because it runs for longer rather than being cut short one year into it's lifespan.

>Smogon is fun, but it's just not real pokemon.
Who died and made you Authenticity Police? Are little kids who play with their own made-up rules not playing "real pokemon" too? How about local communities who do the same too? VGC is the official format? Fair enough, no one will deny that, but putting down what other people may prefer just because it's not "official" is absolutely ridiculous.

>>30481403
Bulky offense has always been king in VGC. Being able to take a hit and then hit back has always been the most important thing on it. It's the reason why more defensive spreads start to appear as the season gets more advanced.

>>30481365
>Gamefreak
>Thinking
Pick one and only one.

>>30481444
People are extremely overrating the Celesteela problem. She's literally Ferro 2.0. Pack a fire or electric move and that's it. If you are that scared Celesteela mirrors then pack Flamethrower in your own Celesteela.
>>
>>30481444
as many people in the stream are saying, Celesteela wouldn't be as cancerous as it is with the old timer.
I have no problem with legendaries, especially this year in which none of them seems to be as universally splashable as the genies, but turning battles into long stallfests hurst the game a lot. It basically goes from a test of skill to a test of patience, or simply sheer time-wasting. Maybe in the future people might learn to just forfeit when a celsteela mirror match happens and they have the lower PP total.
>>
File: 1477972831404.jpg (61KB, 423x408px) Image search: [Google]
1477972831404.jpg
61KB, 423x408px
>>30481338
>>30481365
>>30481444
>>30481531
Remember when people were praising the chess timer and saying stallfests would be over? Good times.

Leave it to Gamefreak to fuck up their supposed fix to the point it's even worse than before they "fixed" things.
>>
File: 1480803253553.png (147KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
1480803253553.png
147KB, 457x457px
>breed legal team
>record video
>VGC 2017
>sweep furry retard
>tell him about hacked pokemons
>he will praying for disqualification
>show recorded video to judges
>>
>>30481486
Starting soon
>>
>>30481444
Most sub-legendaries are far from unhealthy, and, if anything, GF or TPC banning or allowing things according to ingame status is part of the problem, not the solution imo.

>>30481486
The Celesteela mirrors were dragging on a bit so they sent the players who'd already made top cut to have lunch.

>>30481516
Re: bulky offence, this is what I was implying.

>>30481516
Celesteela is basically an excellent glue mon in the vein of Landorus, and making it better in mirror matches makes it worse at doing its main schtick

>>30481590
Most of those people probably never knew too much about VGC to begin with. Top players were overwhelmingly suspicious of it, if not outright hostile to the idea, from the beginning.
>>
File: 1471700221505.jpg (459KB, 551x837px) Image search: [Google]
1471700221505.jpg
459KB, 551x837px
>Tranny didn't top cut
Wonder if the freak is crying again for not being gud enough
>>
>>30481590
Well, chess timer makes you avoid cheap timer stalling people do when they're going to lose if they keep fighting but have overall more HP than the opponent.

What GF should have done was having two timers, the chess and the general one. So we can avoid Celesteela lesbian sex going for hours.
>>
>>30481516
smogon being not real isn't a bad thing per se, it's just a completely different game from the one GF has been doing for the past 5 or 6 years.
And honestly I can't take singles that seriously after the whole baton pass fiasco. Banning a strong pokemon is fine, but crippling an entire strategy (while doing virtually nothing to stop stall teams from happening)? c'mon
>>
>>30481665
>Most sub-legendaries are far from unhealthy, and, if anything, GF or TPC banning or allowing things according to ingame status is part of the problem, not the solution imo.
The only legends that I believe can be considered a real problem are the primals.

I seriously have no idea who the fuck thought it was a good idea to allow Primals alongside Megas. Mega Ray balanced itself because if you picked him you couldn't another Mega. With Primals you pretty much had a free mega on top of your real mega. It was super dumb. VGC16 would have been a pretty nice meta if not for that in my opinion.

Genis are a "problem" in the eyes of the casual player who's watching Pokemon for muh bro rather for the competition itself. I kinda agree with them at times of how tiring it gets to see them but even then I feel Cresselia and Heatran are better and more troublesome than the genies.

>>30481688
That's what I thought we were getting. I was utterly baffled when it turned out it was just the chess timer. So damn dumb.
>>
>>30481590
sometimes I forget these are the same people that wouldn't think people would use special aegislash despite giving 150 SpAtk and a perfect movepool.
>>
>>30481688
The chess timer would be meaningless together with a game timer unless the game timer was so long as to defeat its own purpose. There's a good post by NailsOU about it on Smogon somewhere, shouldn't be hard to find.

>>30481676
The irony of this pic is Trista said she didn't blame Michael for timerstalling, and iirc would've done the same. Btw, timerstalling in general wasn't even that common in 16', and was mainly possible due to all the long animations (Primal Reversion, Mega evos...), and I doubt GF are flexible enough to have introduced the chess timer just because of YT comments on Worlds with less than 3 months before release.
>>
>>30481826
More than genies, I think the main problem is fucking Landorus-T.

Specially since prankster now got nerfed.
>>
I have no fucking idea what to add to this team. I was considering a Water Absorber like Lapras or Lanturn to combo with Primarina for Sparkling Aria, and maybe Raichu, but Steel absolutely destroys me, especially Metagross, plus Koko scares me a bit. Arcanine also seems like it'd help with Celesteela. The fuck do I do?

>>30481676
Kek, when did this happen?
>>
>>30481365
This is why I run Celesteela with Firium-Z. Just to BTFO other Celesteelas.
>>
>>30481968
waifu teams don't work well in vgc retard
>>
>>30481968
More waifus faget
>>
I watched Cybertron's teambuilding video and he stressed the importance of having 2 methods of speed control. He seemed like he was suggesting having "contrasting" methods of speed control, for example running fast pokemon but then also having the ability to run slow pokemon with TR. Isn't it hard to do that in 1 team? I don't even know how to begin designing my team that way.
>>
>>30481968
Gardevoir and Delphox obviously.
>>
I wish Pikachu could be bred to learn Knock Off, he'd be pretty nasty this meta.
>>
>>30481840
Sometimes I wish I could play whatever game Gamefreak plays to see how do they reach their decisions because I'm sure that what they play and what we play are completely different things.

>>30481862
>The irony of this pic is Trista said she didn't blame Michael for timerstalling, and iirc would've done the same
Pretty much. But people like to whine about it nonetheless because they obviously know better than the people actually playing the game and that made it to worlds. I always got a giggle out of all the whiteknights who kept saying that they would have lost "with honor" and would have preferred that to "winning dirty" if in that situation.

>Btw, timerstalling in general wasn't even that common in 16', and was mainly possible due to all the long animations (Primal Reversion, Mega evos...),
Honestly, Worlds 16 was the first time I saw 16 battles going to timer.

>and I doubt GF are flexible enough to have introduced the chess timer just because of YT comments on Worlds with less than 3 months before release.
Well, look at what happened with Spore and power moves in general after Arash won for daring to spore the hell out of his opponent at 13 finals because the dumb fuck thought it was a good idea to set up Trick Room in front of Amoongus while having zero-countermeasures towards the mushroom. Remember all the people whining because of that and how Arash didn't "play fair" and "only won Worlds by sporing everything"?

Heck, just look at pretty much all the nerfs this gen. They all are kneejerk nerfs to what little timmy complained about the most to his soccer mommy who then complained even harder to TCPi and Gamefreak. Just look at how they murdered poor bravest bird.

>>30481890
Landorus-T is the same as Cresselia. They both are SO GOOD at what they do that they completely overshadow everyone else who does a similar role. Heatran more or less is the same in that aspect too as the premier fire type.
>>
>>30481968
glaceon, nintendo's approved waifu eeveelution
>>
>apologies for the sore throat here
>>
>5 Mons

MADMAN
>>
>>30480324
> all these shitmons in VGC

Laughable.
Post bank can't come soon enough.
>>
>>30482022
You're only bringing 4 out of 6 of your duders into a match, so it's a lot less of a deal then you might think. Just adjust your loadout from what you think your opponent's running.
>>
>>30482110
>Still made Top Cut
Damn son
>>
>>30474867
Top cut starting rn!
>>
File: panick.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
panick.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
>5
>>
>More guys
Are all these faggots gay or what?
>>
Tapu Bulu with Bloom Doom is such a nuke, I use it to destroy every Oranguru I meet myself.
>>
>as he gets the boost to grass attacks
>as we get the bloom doom

Fuck Cybertron.
>>
>>30482007
Like what, Salazzle? I guess that'd work, not sure if a Toxic/Venoshock combo would work, though, unless I actually got someone else that could Toxic as well.

>>30481996
Pheromosa with Top Lel is a combo I've been wanting to see for a while, because only priority seems to be Pheromosa's bane. Tsareena's speed is her only downfall, otherwise that 120 Atk is great. Plus decent coverage. The only problem is who exactly she'd synergise with.

>>30482036
I'm not waiting until 2018, man.

>>30482085
>Eeveelutions.
>>
whats the standard gyarados set thats going around now?
>>
The spiders was at -2

Wasting Bloom Doom on that instead of Porygon-2 feels like kind of a waste desu.
>>
>>30482204
I'd say Celesteela, while it only makes you weaker to fire it is the Supreme Waifu at the moment.
>>
>>30482205
@waterstonethingy
DDance
Waterfall
Protect
Ice fang/coverage

You basically DDance first turn and then nuke whatever you want with hydro vortex
>>
Where do I input the 16 digit codes to watch uploaded videos?
>>
>>30482125
Is oranguru + marowak a good TR core? I don't want to bring a TR-only sweeper that won't contribute anything without TR
>>
>>30482271
Computer at Festival Plaza.
>>
>>30482271
PC in the castle in festival plaza
>>
> Heart scales are easily obtainable in restaurants.
> Move re-learner can teach Pokemon moves from higher up in their level up list

Jesus chris this is a godsend for egg move breeding, holy shit.
>>
>Sub Celesteela
DEVILISH
>>
>>30482314
>Move re-learner can teach Pokemon moves from higher up in their level up list
Really? That's great
>>
>>30482314
Can they really learn moves from their later level ups because I've been wanting to start breeding toucannon but getting brave bird was being a royal cunt.
>>
>>30482238
I actually wonder if a Special Celesteela would work, sacrificing Heavy Slam for more coverage like Fire Blast doesn't seem like a bad option.
>>
>>30482077
idk, the Spore nerf makes sense thematically - and remember competitive design often comes after flavour in GF's priorities - especially when you consider all powder-based moves got the nerf; they might have decided to buff Grass-types regardless (and it also made Amoonguss even better, as was seen in gen 6). Then there's the Prankster nerf, which was oddly specific, and doesn't make much sense unless for flavour reasons. The bravest bird nerf was coming for a very long time, so it's different in that regard, as well as being a bigger problem in singles, which is what almost all little Timmy's play anyway.

>>30482022
There are a lot of viable mons in middle speed tiers in this format, so it makes controlling speed both ways very viable too, and, in return, makes middle-speed mons even better, since they can outspeed/outslow a lot of things both under Trick Room and with Tailwind.

>>30481890
The main problem with it imo is fast, strong Rock Slides even when mostly invested in bulk, and that it has the stats to run more offensive sets and screw you when you don't expect it. Otherwise it's a perfectly fine tactical tool.
>>
H e a l t h y

M e t a
>>
That's game. Celesteela has him completely locked.
>>
File: 250px-371Bagon[1].png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-371Bagon[1].png
38KB, 250x250px
>>30482358
>>30482372

Yep. Although, if that species doesn't learn it you can't. Easy example: Bagon can't learn fly.
>>
>>30482245
jolly or adamant? im not sure with this meta, maybe adamant because it'll already be faster than most?
>>
>>30482469
With Jolly you outspeed Tapu Koko after DD
>>
COUGH
>>
god damn, that cough made me jump
>>
>>30482533
My ears
>>
>Celesteela crushed that cool battle by ending it with cancerstall
>>
Araquanid is either the mvp of the team or utter shit depending on who you're fighting.

I don't think he's a wise choice here.
>>
File: eegs.jpg (29KB, 605x379px) Image search: [Google]
eegs.jpg
29KB, 605x379px
>Marowak: base 45 speed
>Celesteela: base 61 speed
>>
someone please give me a cookie cutter team for retards
>>
File: Untitled.png (6KB, 317x315px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6KB, 317x315px
>>30482423
>There are a lot of viable mons in middle speed tiers in this format
That makes sense, then what would you consider to have middle tier speed? Anywhere from base 70 to 90? Or maybe even up to base 100 with a negative speed nature?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that TR would make (example pokemon) Gyarados outspeed tapu koko, but tailwind could also potentially make him outspeed tapu koko as well, and then you have the choice of bringing your TR setter or your tailwind setter, whichever one is more beneficial against the enemy team?
>>
Pick 6 from here
>>30480324
>>
File: Thank you Princess.jpg (160KB, 954x721px) Image search: [Google]
Thank you Princess.jpg
160KB, 954x721px
Fresh OC from the oven.
>>
>>30480324
Ok so I can understand about everything on that list

EXCEPT

Fucking golduck

Ok, swift swim, speed doubled in rain cool.
But golduck literally has nothing else. Its stats are shitty, its movepool is pretty generic outside of having cross chop I guess

What does duck bring to the table.
>>
>>30482778
>What does duck bring to the table.
A swift swimmer. This year has pretty much no good swift swimmers. Says a lots when Golduck is the preferred one.
>>
wow they mustve had no time to play the game so they could breed and train competitive teams for vgc like this.
>>
>>30482796
Yeah, I'm sure they all trained and breed their teams. R-Right guys?
>>
File: 1407990208244.png (509KB, 692x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407990208244.png
509KB, 692x720px
>>30482796
>breed and train
>>
SUPERIOR NIPPON PAPER

FOLDED OVER A THOUSAND TIMES
>>
>>30482795
I'd argue that poliwrath and seaking are better then golduck
Plus theres carracosta
>>
>>30482778
Swift Swim Encore bro. Seen it win a few matches. You go first in the turn and encore a Protect user. On the final 2 this is a game winning play.
>>
>>30482828
Yeah, they even spent time with them in pokémon refresh!
>>
>>30482871
I'm partial to Poliwrath myself as well too. Z-Belly Drum is rather helpful.
>>
>>30482871
Wait, scratch CC, his swift swim is transfer only
>>
>>30482871
The duck is special, that's why it's picket over Poliwrath.
>>
If this dude gets in the top4 with just 5 pokémon I'm going to laugh my ass off.
>>
>>30482700
I was thinking 60-80, but I guess that works, too (although 90 is rather on the fast side for this meta). But yes, you're right. There's also the fact that bringing a Trick Room user is useful for negating opposing Trick Rooms as well as punishing opposing Tailwinds; it helps Oranguru is very useful regardless with its bulk and Instruct.
>>
File: Nice..jpg (46KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Nice..jpg
46KB, 550x400px
>Kartana going full hero against stall

gureato.
>>
>>30482948
>special
Hahaha
>golducks spatk is 95

Wait, I thought it was 85, did it get a buff at some point?
>>
>>30483024
He's referring to how Intimidate is fucking everywhere right now.
>>
>>30482979
>it helps Oranguru is very useful regardless with its bulk and Instruct.
That pokemon is horse shit. It has porygon2-levels of bulk and actually does insane damage with instruct.
>>
FAIRIED
>>
Well that Draco was certainly Devastating...
>>
File: it's fucking nothing.jpg (40KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
it's fucking nothing.jpg
40KB, 498x306px
>Devastating Drake gets podraced into Bulu
>>
>check out the twitch vgc battes
>trainer models in battle
BAAAAAAAARF
>>
So sorry Salamence
>>
>That fucking miss
Ouch
>>
who /chris/ here
the 5 mon hero of FUCK STALL
>>
>Draco meteor misses

SOMEONE CALL THE SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>30474867
Why does this guy on libertygarden stream have 5 fuckin pokemon???
>>
>>30483164
new 5 mon meta
he erred when filling in his team form and had to give up his tapu lele
>>
>>30483164
Forgot to save some changes and his Lele didn't have the same set as what he wrote down in the form.
>>
>>30483164
He's the fucking madman

As soon this tournament finishes he's going straight back to his asylum
>>
>>30483164
Fucked up at writing down his Lele moveset, can't use her because of that.
>>
Time for Milotic stall
>>
>>30483197
Why didn't they allow him to change the set?
I mean was it EV's or was it just an attack it had because that seems like a super easy fix.
>>
>>30482882
>Swift Swim Encore
Not only Encore, it also gets Disable.
I had to learn that the hard way.
>>
>>30482777
THANK YOU PRINCESS nice trips
>>
>>30483256
Rules are rules.

>No Recover on Milotic
He's done if so.
>>
These players are really mediocre. There is little to no tactic involved and the teams just feel built around making it as balanced as possible rather than working towards a wincon.
>>
>Recover

Rip, the madman died to stall
>>
>Tried to go for a double protect

The BALLS on that man.
>>
>>30483306
Balance is good for that reason. It's win condition is destroying yours.
>>
>Sudden Death
The what now?
>>
>>30483306
This happens in literally every early VGC tournament. It's more of a scout tournament more than anything.
>>
What the hell?

Which rule is that? Source
>>
File: fuck yeah.png (409KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.png
409KB, 720x480px
>chris won in the end

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
I don't get it, Araquanid has no recovery, Milotic would have won.
Where did these HP calcs come from?
>>
How is it a question of which side had more % if Araquanid had a full bar?
>>
>>30483432
I don't know what happened, the match was still going and they went lol percentage out of nowhere.
>>
>90 hours in game
>spent 11 on breeding shit
>8 no stats Cleffas in row
Everyone inject their mons, right?
>>
>>30483439
It's the percentage of every pokemon's HP combined.
With that other guy only having 5 pokemon, it was basically an autowin for him.
>>30483459
There's a 50 minute total timer.
>>
>>30483493
>Everyone inject their mons, right?
Haven't breed a Pokemon since Gen 4 and never will again.
>>
>2 fairly defensive water types
>neither were packing toxic
??
???????

What the fuck was the rest of that milotics moveset?
>>
>>30483493
Yes.
It's not even against the rules now.
>>
>>30483439
It depends on the hp of the other 3 pokemon. It's a rule that hurts you if you have a fainted Blissey/Guzzlord.
>>
>>30483532
>Using toxic in a meta where a match usually lasts less than 10 turns
>>
>>30483507
>>There's a 50 minute total timer.
This is the first time I've heard of this. Wasn't chess timer the only one now?
>>
>>30483532
>Toxic
>In VGC
??
???????
>>
way too many white people here. where's the poc?
>>
>>30483564
>>30483585
It has uses. It's perfectly viable but obviously not something you use every match and on every team.

>>30483532
>The spiders
>Defensive
Nigga what
>>
>>30482777
Thank you princess

(nice trips btw)
>>
>>30483576
They had a panic attack about 3 hour long celesteela mirror matches
http://support.pokemon.com/FileManagement/Download/07294296edc545bca57c76266cef60fe
>>
>>30483600
They lost like the bitches they are. They probably are whining about how not letting them in the top cut is racist and shit.

But on a more serious note, there's really no black pokemon players at all, or at least I haven't seen even on playing at stream ever. Maybe they are all karenfags.
>>
>>30483607
>68/92/132 defensive stats
>not defensive
??
?????

Hp's kinda low but its pretty bulky man
>>
>Puff team
Pretty cool one.
>>
Anyone have a good 6th mon? I was thinking an intimidate user just don't know which.
http://pastebin.com/2MDqAexc
>>
>>30483585
btfo?
>>
>>30483493
>Everyone inject their mons, right?

Pretty much anon, don't waste your time with breeding.
>>
Now it really is a christmas tree
>>
Quick question, should I really bother trying to soft reset for these legendaries or just ask people to inject them? Shit takes longer than expected and it really isn't fun especially when Synchronize isn't work as much as it should.
>>
>frozen
rng removal when, lol
>>
BOOSTED POPSICLE
>>
Nice Christmas Tree.
>>
>>30483877
If you really have to ask then you already know the answer. Just inject lad.
>>
>>30483905
Alright, fair enough! I'll just box these fucks and proceed to go request them.
>>
watching a battle with legendaries is so boring..........
>>
>>30483985
Why are you here there instead of your safespace?
>>
TRICK

R
O
O
M
>>
KAGUYA DOES IT AGAIN
>>
>>30484013

t. ass-blasted 15 year old white male
>>
>>30483530
>>30483537
>>30483802
> Not breeding while getting your matches in on Showdown

Y'all niggas is lazy
>>
>>>30484049
t. pol
>>
>>30484049
Try again, I'm latino.

>>30484073
Sorry for not wanting to waste my time on Tauros Riding RNG Simulator 2016.
>>
i usually use oranguru but it looks like maybe i should be using one of these porygon2s?

anyone throw me a cookie cutter set ?
>>
>neutered
>>
>>30484116
TR, Instruct, Protect, Psychic. Pretty simple.
>>
File: 1480634729309.jpg (1MB, 2483x2013px) Image search: [Google]
1480634729309.jpg
1MB, 2483x2013px
How the fuck did people have time to put this competitive shit together so fast? I'm just now finishing my team and I've got 50ish hours on log.
>>
>>30484116
recover/trick room/ice beam
>>
>>30484158
Oh, my bad. I misread.

TR. Toxic. BoltBeam. Tri Attack. Recover. Your pick.

>>30484174
Injecting lad. Do you really think people breed their stuff?
>>
>>30484116
Assuming you mean P2, I use the following:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

It's fairly straightforward at what it does, tanks well, sets up TR nicely, and can deal some decent damage. I use Discharge for coverage and double hitting, i'd recommend using it along side a Ground type or Marowak-A
>>
>>30484184
>>30484158
>>30484199
>>30484210

really appreciate the feedback anons
>>
>>30483685
>Anyone have a good 6th mon?
Porygon2
Also, what do the EVs on Milotic do?
>>
File: 7fuiOTc[1].jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7fuiOTc[1].jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>30484174
By not being a fucking loser and churning the butter in the autism box.

Inject your mons if you want to be competitive or gtfo

> he breeds his mons

Even Brock realized that breeding is fucking stupid.
>>
This guy is getting played.
>>
>>30484261
Literally why does it matter? I'm going to just bottle cap anything that isn't perfect, and I've already got 10 different 5 IV pokemon. No real need for me to inject.
>>
This guy doesn't learn does he
>>
>>30484312
>No real need for me to inject.
And yet you came here to complain about how everyone has their shit fast while you don't even have one team ready yet.
>>
>>30484340
>Implying that it was OP
>>
>>30484320
And people say switching is not important.

Too bad the tree has the worstest luck ever. This guy really need to step up his game though. He's really getting played like a fiddle.
>>
>>30484259
I don't remember I got the set from someone else. It can probably be optimized better
>>
>>30484340
I just asked a question and responded to your assertion that injection was mandatory to be competitive, when this gen makes it even easier to breed than ever imo.
>>
How good is Tapu Fini in VGC? I'm wondering if having Araquanid entrain Water Bubble on a bulky one would be good, or if that's just gimmicky.
>>
If its not bred or caught normally, it's cheating.
>>
>>30484426
Call the cops
>>
>>30484426
No, if it doesn't get caught by the hack check, it's not against the rules.
Read them:
http://support.pokemon.com/FileManagement/Download/07294296edc545bca57c76266cef60fe
>Only hacks outlined in the Manual Hack
Checking Appendix or uncovered through the electronic hack check may be penalized.
>>
Jesus, Celesteela's bulk is actually disgusting. What do people run on it and against it?
>>
>>30484404
>when this gen makes it even easier to breed than ever imo.
And injection is still easier.

It's most certainly not mandatory but if you'd rather breed your shit you have no right to complain about the time invested on it. You are getting into that hole knowingly.

>>30484409
>or if that's just gimmicky.
It is.

>>30484426
Prove I didn't breed it or inject it :^)

Oh wait, you can't

And Jesus Christ this guy has the shittiest luck. I kinda feel bad for him.
>>
>>30484462
Z-Firium Celesteela :^)
>>
>>30484426
As long as there is competition, there will be people trying to gain the upper hand on their opponent.

Its nothing new and will never go away.
>>
>>30484480
But I'm not complaining and I haven't complained. yet.
>>
>>30484502
Your original post made it sound that way or at least it seemed that way to me. My apologies if I misread your tone.
>>
>>30483642
Joke's on you, one of the finalists is black af
>>
>>30484524
It's fine, I was just surprised and didn't even stop to consider how widespread injection was. Figured that some people were just madman speedrunning fiends.
>>
>>30484490
>Upper hand
There's literally no difference between a breed or caught Pokemon and an injected Pokemon. So no, it does not give the upper hand in any manner. If you are shit at game you'll still lose even if you injected your team.

>>30484539
Well shit.
>>
>>30484073
>got right nature
>"They don't seem to like playing together"
Well
>>
>>30484381
Tbf Chuppa Cross is a very good player
>>
Make sure to thank the princess for these finals!

>>30482777
>>
>Nearly a mirror match
Wew
>>
>>30482777
thank you princess
>>
Celesteela mirror in the final, dis gon be gud
>>
>topu
>>
>>30484740

link?
>>
WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO USE HACKED POKEMON?!!!

MY PACK AND I ARE HUFFING AND YIFFING
>>
>>30484780
>yiffing
It makes you horny?
>>
What kind of nightmare mirror match is this
>>
File: Untitled.png (587KB, 837x475px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
587KB, 837x475px
Healthy meta
>>
Just arrived to watch this shit. Has anyoned used Nihi and done well?
>>
THE SAME PLAYS
>>
HEALTHY
>>
HEALTHY
M
E
T
A
>>
File: Untitled.png (549KB, 869x557px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
549KB, 869x557px
HEALTHIEST META
>>
>>30484807
Tapus are better than genies and primals imo
>>
>>30484835
>not screenshotting the first turn
>>
>>30484866
Look a little up
>>
File: 5436547657657.jpg (67KB, 648x536px) Image search: [Google]
5436547657657.jpg
67KB, 648x536px
Is this fine for dealing with marowak on battle spots?
>>
>>30484764
see OP
>>
File: 1474749834413.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474749834413.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>30484780
Weak bait anon
>>
>>30484894
Depends on what's supporting it. A super way to know? Using the damage calculator.
>>
>>30484948
Why do so many people in these threads like Love Live
>>
File: So surprised.jpg (84KB, 504x960px) Image search: [Google]
So surprised.jpg
84KB, 504x960px
> Enjoy breeding my mons
> Can imagine a lot of people would rather dip their balls in acid than do this

Can't we all just get along here?
I mean, I don't care if my opponent injected his mons, I just like breeding and get an odd sense of satisfaction after finally seeing my perfect little monster emerge.

What I don't get is the shit flinging against breeders. It can kinda get to me sometimes. Like, Pokemon is the only game where I can feel like a fucking loser for "playing by the rules"
>>
File: 60177263_p0.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
60177263_p0.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>30482777
Thank you, princess!
>>
File: Untitled.png (666KB, 849x477px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
666KB, 849x477px
Look at this meta!

>>30485014
>What I don't get is the shit flinging against breeders. It can kinda get to me sometimes.
You say it like if breeders don't like flinging shit either.
>>
>>30485014
looks like breeders are mostly buttmad, not hackers
>>
>>30485087
>>30485091
Neither of you read what he said.
>>
>>30485087
Look at those teams.
Not much has changed this season.
>>
>>30485173
I did read what (You) said.

Go back to your wifi circle jerk, chump.
>>
>>30485173
I did. And cool for him for not caring about people who inject. Sadly, he's the minority.
>>
>>30485211
Most of the streamed matches had only 1 or 2 shared mon desu
>>
You'd think Taunt would see more use desu.
>>
File: 1478905891810.gif (2MB, 152x241px) Image search: [Google]
1478905891810.gif
2MB, 152x241px
>>30485228
I don't go to wifi gen, chump. Why don't (you) stop getting your balls in a twist.
>>
THERE'S ONLY FUCKING ORANGURUS WHY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>yeah sure, we can interview the loser
>hell, let's interview the mailman while we're at it

wow what a cunt
>>
That was a pretty underwhelming finals.
>>
What is Chuppa's porygon2 set? I haven't been watching. I see the marowak and I'm wondering if the porgyon2 knows trick room to speed control and sweep with marOWAK
>>
>>30485284
roar is better for separating cores. rn i think the best plan is to have interchangeable cores that have synergy team wide as much as possible.
>>
>>30485360
i dont think there was much TR usuage during this PC actually
>>
>>30485356
AV Chomp is mildly interesting. I guess.
>>
EV Spread for toxapex? I was running 252/252 on defenses, but now I changed the ones in Def for HP
>>
>the fourth
>>
>>30485400
av steel waifu is better.
>>
>>30485421
AV ruins the point of cancerwaifu
>>
>>30485421
>Celesteela without Protect or Leech Seed
Enjoy losing scrub
>>
>>30485421
No it isn't
>>
>>30485367
I was thinking more about stopping Celesteela
>>
Is it worth it to try and slide Fire Blast into Cancerwaifu?

I want to make a team based around keeping it alive at nearly all times while being able to handle waifu mirrors
>>
do they win travel vouchers or do these people just have the money to travel to london to play pokemon?
>>
>>30485535
Both.
>>
>>30485535
>do they win travel vouchers
People who topped the CP rankings last season are getting travel prizes to London.

Everyone else has to pay from their own pocket to get there.
>>
What did chuppa just say is bad without Trick Room? Tapu Lele?
>>
>>30485563
wonder how it's going to be for future internationals
>>
>>30485535
The top x players at worlds get paid trips to internationals and worlds, maybe also the CP leaders at some point in the season
>>
>>30485567
Marowak
>>
>>30485563
so pay to win almost?
>>
>>30485567
I think he was talking about marowak
>>
>>30485613
pay to play.
>>
>>30485613
Pretty much. Granted, you can go to all of them but if you suck at game you won't be doing anything but wasting your many, but if you are good and have money like for example PokeAlex who has done things like going to all European Nationals every year then you'll have greater chances than most. Many people are pissed about this.
>>
>>30479544
It's banned officially?
How come?
>>
>>30485563
>Everyone else has to pay from their own pocket to get there.

truly gives a new meaning to pocket monsters
>>
>>30485677
it's glitched
>>
>>30485613
Money won't help you git gud but we get what you mean.
>>
>>30485647
>>30485647
>>30485647

new thread
>>
>>30485677
It crashes the game.
I hope the patch comes out before london.
>>
>>30485691
yeah im glad you see what i mean, its not about being good, its about getting the oppurtunities
>>
>>30483877
>get the synchronize mons
>reset for nature
>level up and use caps
profit?
>>
Should I troll and have Pikachu as my 6th mon but never use it?
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.