[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"change the meta" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ferrovasion.jpg (196KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ferrovasion.jpg
196KB, 500x500px
Acid and Acid Spray are now super-effective on Steel-type.

Aside from Ferrothorn and Mawile also Klefki but who cares he got nerfed already, who gets hit?
>>
>>30472109
The STAB you get from your secondary type is 1.33x instead of 1.5x and when checking type effectiveness, the secondary typing is only checked if the attack is neutral to the Primary typing.

So a Grass move hitting a Fire/Water type would be ineffective and that same grass move would be super effective on Water/Fire. If the Pokémon was Normal/Fire, it would be ineffective.
>>
>>30472654
>Nerfing STAB
I hope your testicles swell up and explode.
>>
>>30472654
Well done, you made the worst possible suggestion as the first post, impressive
>>
>>30472654
>nerfing type chart like that
Still can't ThunderPunch a Ground-type even though it's just a regular punch that is charged with eelectricity
>>
Ice resists fighting and steel. Ice is super effective against steel.
>>
Moves with 100 Accuracy always hit, regardless of the opponent's evasion modifiers/your Pokemon's accuracy debuffs. Only moves with <100 accuracy are affected by evasion/accuracy
The "never miss" moves like Aerial Ace, Smart Strike, etc are buffed to literally never miss, they can now hit through Protect/King's Shield/etc, bypass Substitute, can hit Pokemon who are digging/flying/etc, and byass screens.
>>
>>30472109
Ice resists water and ground, hail buffs ice type attacks and gives ice types a 50% boost to physical defence
Fire loses ice resistance
Poison now super effective against water
Bug no longer is resisted by fairy or poison, bug instead resists fairy
Bug loses grass resistance
Grass is no longer resisted by other grass types, though grass is still immune to grass status moves
Taunt now works on magic bounce
Auto trickroom ability
Paralysis is back to a 75% reduction of speed but no longer causes full paralysis
Sleep as a status is always 3 turns same as rest
Misty terrain activates immediately on switch in so are no longer affected by toxic spikes,
>>
>>30473083
That's just stupid
>>
>>30473845
Why? Solves the evasion hax problem, and makes the weaker never miss moves actually usable.
>>
>>30473690
Good, good.
10/10 would play
>>
>>30473873
Well first of all most forms of evasion boosting are banned in smogon. I know it's not the only meta there is, but it's still a significant one. I also think that distinction is kinda arbitrary. A move with 100 accuracy would always it someone with 6 evasion boosts but 99 accuracy would only do it 1/3 of the time? What we need is more never-miss moves that have decent base power and aren't gimicky shit.
>>
>>30473690
Makes grass resist fairy and it's perfect.
>>
>>30473962
They're banned by Smogon because they're annoying as shit the way they are now. The purpose of this fix is to make them much less annoying, while still being useful.
Buffing never miss moves is also meant to help deal with stallers who rely on blocking damage via protect/sub.
>>
>>30474090
I agree with your sentiment of bufffing never miss move, I just think you're going the wrong way about it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.