[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Player Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

File: Characters.png (186KB, 820x462px) Image search: [Google]
Characters.png
186KB, 820x462px
Let's talk Protagonists, the design of these seems criminally overlooked often.

Who is your favourite? Do you usually play as male or female? Do you like the redesigns of characters over remakes / sequels? Was Lyra a mistake? Why do some look late teens (Hilda, Serena) while others look 10? (Moon, Leaf) Why don't the new protags have canon names yet?

Personally I'll never forgive them for what they did to Brendan and May in OR:AS
>>
Rosa is my waifu, Hilbert is my husbando and Dawn is my daughteru.
>>
File: paint.png (19KB, 161x156px) Image search: [Google]
paint.png
19KB, 161x156px
>>30471205
Hilda / Hilbert a fucking best

No idea how they managed to make them looks so simple yet incredibly urban and also somewhat older. They really fit the theme Unova was going for. Hilbert seems like the closest thing we've had to another Red since literally ever.
>>
>>30471205
Were you one of the retards that thought his hair was the hat?
>>
>>30471252
No

But they made his hair brown when it was black and also gave him the creepiest fucking thousand yard stare.

Colour scheme for both of them sucks too.
>>
>>30471205
we still don't know the knew MC names?

also, I literally can't decide between red/ethan/hilbert
>>
File: 1476345643222.png (171KB, 467x527px) Image search: [Google]
1476345643222.png
171KB, 467x527px
>>30471205
Seriously though, will we ever get canon names for the Sun / Moon protags?

I don't even know what to call them. I use "Chicken-chan" and "The boy one" mostly.
>>
>>30471266
So you mean the did what they did with Red and change his hair color and you got pissy over it?
>>
>>30471313
Hell yeah I did
>>
I like gen 5 protagonists most. Mostly because they were older. Hilbert did justice to the "Older Red" theme
>>
>>30471205
I like kris better than lyra.

I just play whatever mc i like the design of better. Like in oras i played male, but in bw i played female.

Im just glad i can finally take my hat off.. but the male in sun has the shittiest hairstyles except the ceasar cut.. but thats too basic. So i just wear a hat anyway.

I hope next time they let us customize characters they give us better hairstyles and more colors. Npcs can have blue and green hair but i fucking cant?

If it was up to me I'd implement a system where when you defeat a trainer you have a chance at unlocking a piece of their style.
>beat guzma, unlock his goggles
>beat him again, unlock his shoes
>beat hau, unlock his shorts
>etc
>>
I play as female in all games except HG/SS. Lyra is trash.
>>
>>30471205
Friendly reminder that...
>May, Leaf, Dawn, and Serena are objectively the best female protagonists
>The only people that care about Hilda and Rosa are Gen 5 contrarians
>Kris and Mario Girl are the worst female protagonists
>Chicken/Luna/Moon was a massive step back from Serena
>People that genuinely hate May's new design should take the nostalgia goggles off. Her Emerald outfit was easily the worst.
>>
>>30471235
>>30471247
>>30471292
>>30471345
My Hilbert bros though Red will always have my respect. I really like Ethan after they updated his shitty clothes from Gold and Silver.
>>
>>30471427
Emerald may > ORAS May >>>>>>>> RSE May
>>
>>30471430
Ethan is probably one of the only good redesigns in history

They turned him from an angry chubby manlet into an actual kid with colours and a smile
>>
>>30471427
Friendly reminder to kill yourself. Hilda and Rosa are perfect. Serena is a shitty normie roastie
>>
>>30471427
die
>>
>>30471443
Wrong. Green and Orange do not go together.
>>
>>30471464
>>30471479
You first. You lads have shit taste.
>>
File: 2zciY4C.jpg (137KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
2zciY4C.jpg
137KB, 543x405px
>>30471507
>Liking gen 3 designs at all
>>
Best male = Hilbert
Best female = Platinum Dawn
Fight me
>>
>>30471205
>Who is your favourite?
GSC Gold/Ethan. Hilbert is a close second.

>Do you usually play as male or female?
Only if a female MC is canon (Gen 3 Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos).

>Do you like the redesigns of characters over remakes / sequels?
Only redesign I liked was Platinum Dawn, everything else is shit, especially Emerald redesigns.

>Was Lyra a mistake?
Yes. Their excuse was that GS didn't had a female MC even when HGSS use all the things introduced in Crystal.

>Why do some look late teens (Hilda, Serena) while others look 10? (Moon, Leaf)
Game Freak acknowloging that most Pokéfans are past 18.

>Why don't the new protags have canon names yet?
Erm... Gen 1 reference?
>>
>>30471507
Don't call me "lad" boyo
>>
Always liked ethan as I'm gay sorry not sorry
>>
>>30471653
Don't call me "boyo" senpai
>>
SM Male protag is I think named Elios or something in promo material. Can't remember what they called the female one.
>>
>>30471306
Isn't the male protagonist called Sun in the Sun/Moon demo?

Do people not consider that canon?
>>
>>30471781
So?
>>
>>30471781
Nope, ORAS demo was called Orlando
>>
>>30471642
>Only if a female MC is canon (Gen 3 Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos).
What the fuck are you talking about. This canon meme needs to end
>>
>>30471205
>male favorite
Hilbert
>female favorite
Lyra
>>
Nate is easily my favorite, despite the ridiculous AF hair. I always prefer the protags that wore shorts, except for that goofy ass Capri wearing HGSS Ethan, that was bottom of the barrel character design. But yeah, Nate. I dunno, I just like the idea that he has this kick ass swimsuit underneath a comfy pair of shorts and that short sleeve jacket, and the sling bag he has looks like the type made for travelling, unlike Hilbert and Calem's flimsy ass bags.
As for redesigns, I accept most of them, except HGSS' protags. Ironically unlike ORAS, they got everything else right in that game(from gym leaders to important characters) but they completely botched up Ethan/Lyra. The art has no depth to it, the lighting is completely flat, and there is no redeeming quality at all to how they are drawn. Which is surprising, cause iirc its drawn by Ohmura, who is excelling in Character design and art these days, with Sun/Elio/Alola Boy being one of the better Male PCs for a good while.

Anyone else hating though the fact that from here on out the PC design will be getting more generic thanks to the customization feature? I mean ita good to have a player avatar, but I really wish they keep it multiplayer somehow, and let the PC be an actual character for once. Elio is pretty good, but really generic.
>>
>>30471490
You and good taste do not go together
>>
>>30472485
Doesn't Rosa also have a swimsuit?
>>
File: 1480699125453.jpg (44KB, 519x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480699125453.jpg
44KB, 519x600px
>>30471205
Hilbert is the best looking protagonist.

I play as the canon choice AKA the male.

Yes, ORAS Brendan looks better than RSE Brendan.

Without a doubt.

Because that was most likely the design decision.

They do, it's Sun and Moon. At least for now it is.

Well OP, that's just your shit taste shining through because both Brendan and May have better designs in ORAS.
>>
>>30472716
>canon meme
>liking ORAS Brendan
>>
>>30472485
Nate a best

I roleplayed as him for like 3 years in a closed group, was cash writing about swimming and shit
>>
>>30472575
One would assume that she has a pink bikini on, yes. But I am indifferent to her design to be honest, gen 5 is actually my least favorite on the female side. Only gen were I really like the initial design and the remake or 3rd version design was gen 6, both Serena and ORAS May have some great qualities to how they are drawn, and what they are wearing. Especially May, lke the RSE bandanna being tied into a bow, the Emerald style bag, and so on. Platinum Dawn and Hilda are right below those two, and then there is no preference for any of the other female PCs, except maybe Kris. I dunno, not rally into the whole Waifu thing, its too creept considering the age, and whenever it comes to the male PCs, I tend to prefer their designs cause they fit more to the regions they are in. Stuff like Brendan and the way his pants tuck into the shoes cause of the Hoenn wildlife, Lucas' jacket being more fitting then Dawn's still bare thighs, Nate wearing a swimsuit underneath because there are more seaside areas in the games, Calem wearing a military french hat, and Brendan being tanned in ORAS. Thats another good thing about SM, both PCs actually fit the region for once.
>>
>>30472896
I think Nate and Rosa are both underrated. They really seem like the athletic type
>>
>>30471205
Played male up until Black 2 had a shitty male design and have switched to female since. Males tend to have issues with being Red clones except Brendan and maybe Lucas, so that helps

Chicken is so cute in-game
>>
>>30471205
i always felt that the female MC have better designs than the male ones.
>>
Hilbert looks the most relaxed after red, so thats pretty ebin, but its fucking red.
>>
>>30471642
>Kalos
Can't wait for the next set of Generations eps
>>
File: Characters.png (209KB, 820x462px) Image search: [Google]
Characters.png
209KB, 820x462px
>>30471205
>>
File: Nate Edit.png (101KB, 229x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nate Edit.png
101KB, 229x500px
>>30472485
Came here to post this pretty much. Its just the hair that holds the design back for me. Still think they should have gone for something that made him resemble his mom more like rosa does.
>>
File: Ruby_Sapphire_Brendan.png (75KB, 180x384px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby_Sapphire_Brendan.png
75KB, 180x384px
>>30471205
>Personally I'll never forgive them for what they did to Brendan and May in OR:AS
Ruby/Sapphire Brendan is the worst protag design so far. It looks like an ace trainer design
>>
>>30471205
Brendan and May look great ingame though. The official art is just ass.
>>
>>30474175
Nah, the white hair and bandanna was great. The windsock hat is a big step down.
>>
>>30473651
>leaf
>>
File: model.jpg (25KB, 252x292px) Image search: [Google]
model.jpg
25KB, 252x292px
>>30474216
This. Brendan's in-game model without the hat looks gorgeous.
>>
File: 1480781144912.png (192KB, 820x462px) Image search: [Google]
1480781144912.png
192KB, 820x462px
Best taste in this thread coming through.
>>
>>30471205
Red is the best and the only canon, anything elses is meaningless.
>>
File: 5.jpg (122KB, 850x580px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
122KB, 850x580px
If Nate didn't have those leggings, then he'd probably be my favourite male protag design. Rosa is still my favourite out of the females

Unova had some great trainer designs overall
>>
>>30471205
BUT WHAT TEAMS DO THEY HAVE?
>>
>>30471205
RBY/GS/BW and Sun/Moon have best male MC designs. Others look odd to me. I like all the female ones.
>>
>>30471205
>???

unacceptable
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.