[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was PSS removed bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: PSS_screen[1].png (155KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
PSS_screen[1].png
155KB, 320x240px
It was GF finally taking the hint with online communication, it wasn't PERFECT, but it was a foot in the door, Festival Plaza feels really gimmicky and gratuitous by comparison

Truly for as shit as Gen VI was in hindsight did they really have to take THIS away from it?
>>
>>30471167
Because people would complain about no Lillie icon
>>
What's the PSS?
>>
I was really upset about Festival Plaza. PSS was great. Everything you needed was right there in front of you all the time, convenient as fuck. It's baffling that Game Freak would scrap it.
>>
File: 1234134325.png (232KB, 508x255px) Image search: [Google]
1234134325.png
232KB, 508x255px
>>30471245
wew lad
>>
>>30471245
Pokemon Showdown Simulator
>>
We have this thread every day.
>>
>>30471167

Agreed. Festival Plaza is a fine concept, but it seems like a step back in terms of connectivity features.
>>
My main complaint with this in gen VII is that you can't connect to internet without using it. Every time you stop using GTS it disconnects from internet.
>>
>>30471412
Plaza is only there to cover up the constant error messages at the bottom of the screen.
>>
>>30471412
also it's a step back from Join Avenue
>>
>>30471436
Exactly. It's kind of a reversion to Gen V's online features, which is a shame.

>>30471439
I've actually never had an error message yet.
>>
>>30471167
Festival Plaza is clunky and intuitive to use. The "nices" you would get were at least some sort of feedback, and the rudimentary messages, even if very limited, were a sort of communication between players.
Plaza doesn't have ANY of that feedback. It's lifeless despite what tries to be.
>>
what I liked best about the PPS is that it was all the features that a "pokemon mmo" would have, without any of the downsides.

That is to say, the ability to trade, battle, chat, and check the fashion of random passersby, or meet up with friends to do the same.

Think about it - in a pokemmo, there would just be all these fags standing around waiting for you to trade/battle with them. There's no raids, not withouot drastically changing how the game is played. what else do you want to do with people? It's all in the PSS, at the touch of a finger.
>>
>>30471493
This and this and this.The shoutout and game chat is probably the best feature that they added because it makes communication much easier.
>>
>>30471167
switch anon.

Fuck rogers, but look at sun moon, you can clearly see that you can literally show 95% of the game with one screen.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.