[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been out of the loop, why did Zygarde got banned from OU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: zygarde-10.jpg (26KB, 360x299px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde-10.jpg
26KB, 360x299px
I've been out of the loop, why did Zygarde got banned from OU?
>>
Power Construct.
>>
>>30470923
Zygarde didn't get banned, Power Construct did. Considering it had Chansey level health and moves like Coil, my guess was you would be fucked if you didn't have Ice Beam
>>
>>30470923
Basically, it's Chansey level bulky but can hit hard and setup and destroys everything with boosted thousand arrows.

An ice beam from Greninja can't one shot it iirc, insane bulk.
>>
>>30471010
>>30471034
So you bring either Dog or Snake, use Coil, then after power construct activates you kill everything?
>>
Because of power construct.
>>
>>30471066
>send out snek
>activate Power Construct
>unleash RestTalk w/ boosting move of choice
>sweep with Thousand Arrows
The fucker would not goddamn die, so it had to go.
>>
On the subject of Zygarde, I am loving this doggo right now; excellent lum-raging d-dancer.
>>
>>30470923
because it was literally gen 2 snorlax
>>
This comcept of a Pokémon's base HP changing in the middle of a match compels me.
Shame they didn't explore it with mega evolution.
Would Mega Shedinja be broken if all of its +100 BST went into HP?
>>
So does Power Construct actually heal Zygarde or is it just adjusting for the improved Health base stat?
>>
>>30471171

Nope, its defenses are so shit it would barely make a difference.
>>
>>30471066
If it's at max Health by resting, it has a chance to survive a life orb blizzard from Obama.

252 SpA Life Orb Obama Blizzard vs. 200 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 551-655 (88.4 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
>>
>>30471193
It's a full heal
>>
>>30471376
>Obama
What?
>>
>>30471376
Just sash doggone and you don't have to worry about anything
>>
>>30470923
What's the best set for dragon dog?
>>
>>30471425
Abomasnow
>>
>There were people who actually thought Power Construnct wouldn't get banned
Who's laughing now, huh?
>>
>>30471425

Abomosnow. Obama/Obamasnow is its nickname.
>>
>>30471193
The latter, but it's like 30% heal which is good
>>
>>30471438
Band or D-Dance.

Personally run Zygarde-10% @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
>>
>>30471193
Ignore >>30471407, it's adjusting for the improved base HP stat. For a full heal you have to use Rest, which isn't a bad move on Zygod.
>>
>>30471066
>>30471115
>>30471034
I remember when a couple of /vp/ fags were talking shit about Perfect Zygarde after the datamine. Funny how he turned out to be damn near invincible. It goes to show how stupid /vp/ can be and how quick /vp/ Anons are to judge mons.
>>
>>30471538
He's good as a wall in ubers. He won't be able to set up, though.
>>
>>30471538
it's always been like that
>>
>>30471538
Because people thought from the start it would be sent to Ubers. And look, it's not good there.
>>
>>30471538
They were right though. For all the hype he was getting, he was expected to be able to throw down with Mega Fug. As it is, he's average in ubers and STILL gets railed on by Xerneas whom he's supposed to be able to best.
>>
>>30471731
Perhaps they should give it belly drum to help it out.
>>
>>30471975
No, GF should just make the comp form permanent and give it an aura break buff that keeps the old effect but also fucks over Fairy and Dark moves used on Zygarde by 33% less damage
>>
>>30471193

Specifically, it adjusts the HP percentage so that the amount missing is the same.

So if doggo has 200 HP and complete has 600 HP, dealing 150 damage wold leave it at 25%, activate Power Construct, then heal it to 75% (600 HP - 150 HP = 450 HP).
>>
>>30472051
Aura Break does that anyway now. It actively reverses the other two auras.

IMO core enforcer should be like thousand arrows and hit fairy types. I agree with perfect form having aura break
>>
>>30471513

You should REALLY use Jolly. Base 115 outspeed a lot of important stuff, and lets you use Zydog without setting up.
>>
>>30472165
I am fairly sure it inverts the buff, which isn't the same. (It goes from 4/3 to 3/4, which is -25%)
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.