[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the verdict on Solgaleo? Is he viable or just plain shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: promo-solgaleo.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
promo-solgaleo.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
What's the verdict on Solgaleo?
Is he viable or just plain shit?
>>
>>30465544
He's decent, probably around RU/BL2. I wouldn't expect anything special from him though.
>>
it works as a Xerneas check.
>>
From what I hear, he's one of those not very good Uber mons like Reshiram, but shouldn't drop for any reason.
>>
Good tank with cosmic power, z splash or swords dance helps with a jolly nature
>>
>>30465618
And about Lunala ?
>>
>>30465618
With all the UBs in OU I kind of wonder why the shittiest box legends don't drop out of the tier
>>
Solgaleo is pretty decent and is a much needed check to Xerneas, but otherwise it's just okay in Ubers. The power creep there is intense, and with Primal Groundon everywhere, it can't really survive.

>>30465654
Lunala is pretty good, around or above Solgaleo's own position. Shadow Shield is really good and can't be negated by Mold Breaker type attacks/abilities, and its bulk is nice. 4x Weak to Dark attacks sucks big time though, but with Darkrai nerfed into the ground, it doesn't have to worry all that much.
>>
>>30465717
I'm glad Lunala is good when everyone thought it would be shit.

Good stat spread, good ability and great coverage.
>>
The hidden effect of the Legendary trio's abilities is basically useless for Solgaleo since Mold Breaker + stat drop is almost never a thing.
>>
>>30465755
Is it true for Necrozma?
>>
>>30465755
What's the hidden effect?
>>
Considering he's BL Uber right now, he'll probably creep to Uber when his potential is realized.
>>
>>30465744
It's good, but is sorta sidelined like Solgaleo because Yveltal has risen to replace the Lati twins and Lunala has no answers for it.
>>
>>30465775
Ignores Mold Breaker, Turbo Blaze, Tera Volt, and the Mold Breaker properties of Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam.
>>
>>30465544
Think Metagross with much more bulk, speed, recovery, and fire coverage
>>
>>30465795
Lunala has Moonblast tho
>>
>>30465814
>the Mold Breaker properties of Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam.
Is that even relevant in ubers?
The only thing I can imagine is that it's relevant in is the Lunala mirror match, but obviously it doesn't work there.
>>
>>30465544
It is one of the worst ubers not directly outclassed by something. And even Reshiram is probably better. It does work as a check to Xerneas, which means its best role is to become crippled instead of your P-don while checking Xerneas. If Rocks aren't up, Lunaala can do the same, however.

>>30465691
Pheromosa might get kicked upstairs, but even the worst legend Ubers would completely restructure OU. Think what Kyurem Black did to OU. Now remember that Kyurem-Black has shit typing, no movepool, and no way to use its stats effectively. Solgaleo's main flaws are P-don, who is a hard counter to it, and many circumstantial weaknesses to things already very common in the tier. Also it's ability and unique are worthless in Ubers, but more viable elsewhere. Stronger Metagross with recovery and an ability to go mixed to great effect would probably shatter the tier.
>>
>>30465841
It is relevant on Lunaala. Zekrom can learn Crunch.
>>
It can fuck Cancerdeer up but that's pretty much it
>>
Awful at the moment because everybody uses it wrong. Most want to sweep with it when it's a tank. It will do that job well in future.
>>
>>30467423
>Tank
>In a tier with P-don, and where everything and its grandmother liberally runs Dark, Ghost, and Ground type moves to coor literally everything.
>>
>>30467423
Why not just use Lugia? or Giratina? Y'know, tanks that don't suck the longest dick in the universe?
>>
>>30465588
bait
>>
>>30467742
Both are walls. Tanks are a different thing.
>>
>>30465654
lunalas special move wrecks both Lugia (because it ignores multiscale) and Giratina, so its a pretty strong nuke... its typing it the only real downside, but its still pretty fast for ubers
>>
>>30467304
stupid short form for primal groudon, you look fucking stupid
>>
>>30468091
P-don

Whoops, did I trigger you?
>>
>>30465544
>137 HP
>137 Atk
>107 Def
>113 SpAtk
>98 SpDef
>97 Spe
>4 weaknesses
>9 resists
>1 immunity
>cant have its stats lowered

Seems pretty solid. Not the greatest legendary, but still powerful enough
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.