[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Tree Teams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 30

File: reed.jpg (32KB, 549x484px) Image search: [Google]
reed.jpg
32KB, 549x484px
Post em. Post advice. Post streaks. Post stories.
>>
I'm a noob and just run a toxic wish protect vaporeon and then just any other pokemon I have. Would any senpai here have any advice on who to run with this Vaporeon(?)
>>
File: 60096155_p0.png (400KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
60096155_p0.png
400KB, 1500x1500px
Streak 43 (lost to Latios/Suicune/Cobalion)

Tapu Koko, Alolan Muk, Mimikyu
>>
>>30460261
Mimikyu, Alola Golem with Galvanize Explosion and Sash, and Regenerator Toxapex

Golem always OHKOs anything that doesn't resist electric types. or OHKOs with Counter.

Toxapex deals with the special attackers.

Mimikyu just sweeps what it can with SD and Shadow Sneaky.
>>
Nihilego, Garchomp, Mimikyu
Works pretty well for the most part except when Anabel shows up with her gay dogs and dragon
>>
Singles stamp: Golisopod, Garchomp, Celesteela
Doubles stamp: Gyarados, Nihilego, Garchomp, M-Metagross

Working on multi now, and I'm scared Blue/Red is gonna lead with Aerodactyl/M Blastoise and I'm gonna get wrecked again. Need to figure out a decent priority user and something to nuke Red's bulky mons from orbit. Not a lot of safe switch ins to M Blastoise either.
>>
i got completely blown the fuck away by wallys choice scarfed garchomp once.was not prepared for that at all. and then another time i got haxed to death by an oven rotom.
Im gonna try a doubles set up I saw on youtube soon. Lead with Snow Warning Ninetails and Z Conversion Porygon Z. Use Aurora Veil and Z Conversion first turn, then just spam Blizzard until you win. Maybe bring a Toxapex in the back just in case.
>>
Golisopod, Nihilego, Kartana works pretty well for me. Only thing I struggle with are those Double Team Rotoms if they get off the ground.
>>
Pelipper @ Focus Sash

Hydro Pump
Tailwind
Ice Beam
Hurricane

I feel Damp Rocks a waste considering the matches are quick.

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Timid
Thunder
Energy Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Volt Switch

Might just slap Electrium Z desu.

Phermosa @ Life Orb
Naive
U Turn
Bug Buzz
Ice Beam
Taunt
Will probably replace for Kartana.

Comfey @ Leftovers
Floral Healing
Leech Seed
Synthesis
Helping Hand

Might replace Leech Seed for Taunt or Toxic.

I might be trying to do too much with both Pelipper and Comfey, I should probably drop Pelipper for Mimikyu or a Mega.
Would Mimikyu or a mega fit better in this team?
I heard Mimikyu is really good for Tree.
>>
I'm still working on my streak, I made it to 31 so far, and it hasn't been very challenging.

I just lead Aegislash which guarantees at least one kill, usually gets two, and sometimes wins on its own since Aegislash is simply busted.

After Aegislash dies, I send out sash Garchomp which usually finishes the job.

For the rare chance that Garchomp dies or just as a good switch in I have a minimize+calm mind Clefable that is slow af to set up but very hard to kill.

Also wondering if anyone has unlocked the battle tree boss music, and if so, how? Can't find anything on Google.
>>
>>30460261
Mimikyu is my only in-game team member who can really hold his own.
I want to start breeding and really attack the tree, but it's so daunting. It'll take so long for me to get a decent team together.
>>
>>30460682
ive been using xurk buzz and phermosa and get wrecked
though theyre not ev trained at all

what do you lead with? what are the sets? is this singles?
>>
is mimikyu that goood?
>>
>>30461429
>free sub, sword dance sweeper
yeah
Sword Dance, Play Rough, Shadow Sneak, Woodhammer
>>
>>30461429

People say the A.I always forgets about its ability and so they have a tendency to waste their Z-moves before its disguise gets broken.
>>
>>30461518
>>30461529
is it something you lead with? are we talking doubles or singles?
>>
>>30461529
>spamming thunderwave on shields down minior
the A.I. is bretty gud :)
>>
>>30461691
>tfw want to use all the UBs, Mimikyu, Comfey, Megas, and now Minior

WHO DO I CHOOOOSE

Might do Xurkitree/Kartana, Comfey, Mimikyu, and Minior DESU.
>>
Has anyone done battle tree with another person?
>>
>>30461888
If you're going to use minion, shell smash focus sash is pretty good.
>>
>>30460336
Scarf user with a good movepool to pick off weakened mons. And something to kill Poison and Steel reliably
>>
>>30460357
>That team
Holy shit.
>>
>>30460261
Current singles team: Xurkitree @ Electrium, Garchomp (Rough Skin) @ Focus Sash, Metagross @ Metagrossite.
Just fought Grimsley, was down to Garchomp as my last mon against his Mega Absol. I only won because his Absol missed a Play Rough that should've finished me off. Felt bad for haxxing Grimsley like that, desu
>>
>>30461927
how well does it do
>>
>tfw got swept by a ribombee at battle 44

My xurkitree couldn't even kill that thing
>>
File: 1470773355843.png (939KB, 900x1418px) Image search: [Google]
1470773355843.png
939KB, 900x1418px
you made sure to scout the frontier brain of the battle tower right? she's not ugly like she was before
>>
>>30460949
I'd like to run this team, would you mind posting EV+Natures+ Moveset+items? Thanks in advance
>>
>28
>Salazzle sent out by enemy
>>Go Xurkitree!
>>*Ultra beast noises*
>click Discharge
>Salazzle outspeeds a timid 252 + scarf Xurkitree
>then proceeds to sweep my team

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?
>>
>>30460949
You unlock that music by getting a 50 streak in any of the super modes.

>>30461920
An actual person? Yes. It's much, much easier than doing multis with AI, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>30462079
Ah yes, the rare "Huge Speed" Salazzle. Anti-meta af.
>>
>>30462079
xurk isnt fast anyway
>>
I just threw together Tapu Koko, Guzzlord, and Kartana since I was still working on getting the breeding machine in order.

Got me to rank 20 before multiple procs from a quick claw Drampa ended me.
>>
>>30462079
I guess it was scarfed, too?
I'm surprised it would do enough damage to sweep.
>>
>>30462418
reee

>>30462444
>>30462614

salazzle wasn't scarfed

timid xurkitree with 252 evs and choice scarf should outspeed salazzle
>>
>Made it to 49
>Haxed to death
I was so mad that I went full-circle and was no longer mad. Now I feel nothing.
>>
>>30462729
what did you in?
>>
>>30462117
Oh sweet, I just got past 43, I think I can make it to 50.
>>30462028
I don't have any showdown pastes so sorry for no copy paste.

Aegislash is shadowball/shadowsneak/kingshield/flashcannon. Weakness policy with 252 HP and 252 SPA quiet nature. It basically always gets a kill because the only way to even kill it is with a SE attack, which procs weakness policy and makes shadowball or flash cannon deal stupidly high damage. If he has over half hp, you can just kings shield and then attack again on the next pokemon, or if he's low hp, just fire off a high powered shadow sneak.

Garchomp is dclaw/outrage/earthquake/swordsdance with focus sash, jolly, and 252 speed + attack. He can usually pick off whoever Aegislash wounded with shadow sneak and then just outrage on the last mon. He gets walled by Togekiss though so if you fight Cynthia make sure Aegislash is alive for it.

Clefable is
moonblast/calmmind/minimize/moonlight with leftovers, bold 252 hp+def. You shouldn't have to use this thing very often, but it's a good switch in against dragons, dark types or a mon with lowered stats. minimize is usually a priority over calm mind since it covers both attack styles, but if it's a 1v1 and the opponent is special just stack calm mind. It takes a long time to set up but once you get the ball rolling it basically just won't die. This thing can lose to that rain dance thunder set lapras and rotoms run if you get unlucky with the para so might wanna avoid those things. DESU some other annoying setup mon might be better here, Clef is just my favorite mon so I like to use it.
>>
Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
Play Rough
Thunder Wave

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
First Impression
Leech life
Rock slide
Liquidation

Gengar @ Gengarite
Sludge Bomb
Hex
Toxic
Focus Blast

My highest streak is only 15. Usually open with Mimikyu, switch to Golisopod if I need Gengar, wait for emergency exit then switch him in and go to town with him. How should I change this team? Or is it hopeless and I should just UB cheese it or start EV training?
>>
>>30460261
Doubles team: Xurkitree choice scarf, Kartana life orb, Nihilego focus sash and sitrus berry Celesteela
Managed to get to 93 wins, but decided to change Kartana to Pheromosa and missed a crucial jump kick. Oh well
>>
>>30462787
Many thanks anon
>>
File: 1302636100099.gif (100KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1302636100099.gif
100KB, 320x240px
Current Team (Currently 50-win streak in Super Singles):

A-Persian @ Flame Orb
Timid Nature
230 HP / 28 Def / 252 Speed
Fur Coat
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Switcheroo
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Rough Skin
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Quiet Nature
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk
Stance Change
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

considering using a Mega Luke or something over Persian or maybe swapping out the Flame Orb since I've been running into more and more Megas/Z-Move users/Fake Out mons that are irritating as dick.
>>
>>30462762
Super Single, I just threw together a team with Tapu Lele, Mega Metagross and Ash-Greninja to try and get a bottlecap (I usually get around 25-35), but then I kept winning and thought I was almost about to do it. Then the opponent had Bright Powder or something because I kept missing and got crit'd twice.
>>
Doing doubles running
Tapu Koko/A-Raichu lead - gets lots of photos with thunderbolts
Pelipper/Araquanid in the back - revenge kill with rain boosted liquidatIon and rain boosted scalds
>>
>>30462805
why the fuck are you using golisopod at all
>>
>>30462994
you know I was planning on taking him out if anyone, so I guess I'll do so, I'll put in Primarina or something.
>>
>>30462709
It definitely should.
Maybe you glanced away when the message about his quick claw activating popped up.
>>
I'm thinking A-Ninetales @ Snow Warning and Mimikyu, what's a good third to round me out? Minior? Dragonite?
>>
How bad is hax in battle tree? Worse than Battle Maison? Worse than Battle Frontier?
>>
>>30462805
toxic hex is garbage
and you should be abusing mimikyus disguise for a free swords dance
>>
>>30463084
something that can deal with steel
>>
>>30463084
Something that can deal with Steel-types. Even with Aurora Veil, Scizor, Magnezone or Metagross would make pretty short work of your team and I've been put up against them pretty commonly in the Battle Tree.
>>
>>30463084
Nasty Plot Mega Lucario
>>
>>30463127
Should I give him Will-o-wisp instead or drop hex entirely?
If I do that I'd probably drop thunder wave which was mainly for hex anyways, so this works out. Thanks
>>
>>30462974
wouldnt you want to lead ppelipper/koko first for thunders?
>>
>>30463132
>>30463145
This makes sense. Do you guys recommend the balkier side, like mudsdale, or another sweeper like Salazzle? I feel like balk would go further
>>
Any suggestions for a good third Pokemon to go alongside Mimikyu and Minior?
>>
>>30463183
I recommend you use a pokemon that can actually be useful instead of listing shitmons
>>
File: 1479184804824.jpg (40KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1479184804824.jpg
40KB, 704x396px
>porgon-z's stats increased!
>poryzon-z used z-conversion!
>porygon-z became electric-type!
>[basically every fucking thing] used thunder wave!
>but it failed!
>>
File: 1478830847059.png (493KB, 795x726px) Image search: [Google]
1478830847059.png
493KB, 795x726px
>>30463193
Maybe Toxapex? Water coverage and you'd have great defense coverage across all of your team.

Don't take my word for it though, i'm no expert.
>>
>>30460261
I beat it with Mimikyu, Milotic, and Garchomp.
What happens after the Super Singles Battle?
That being said I have not tried doubles yet, but will probably finally get a chance to this weekend.

My advice for singles is simply have good coverage, good damage output, and at least one pokemon to stall out. So many times Milotic saved me in the end, and so many Swords Dance + Play Rough combos ohko'd which makes things so much easier for the rest of the battle.
>>
>throw any three ultrabeasts on a team
>effortless 100+ streak
>>
>>30463307
>What happens after the Super Singles Battle?
+50 BP
+Trainer Stamp
+Passionate Battle Style
+Opportunity to scout Red
>>
>>30463326
Nice nice
>>
File: 1477335340433.jpg (36KB, 599x738px) Image search: [Google]
1477335340433.jpg
36KB, 599x738px
>get to battle 30 something
>typhlosion
>think it will be simple
>send out pheremosa
>despite being 31 in speed, speed nature and max EVs typhlosion out-speeds it
>Typhlosion used Eruption!
>Pheremosa hung on with Focus Sash
>Pheremosa missed
>Pheremosa fainted
>Send out Landorus (injected of course)
>Landorus fainted
>Send out final mon
>One shot
>Lose the fight
>>
>>30463377
>injected
Why even do battle tree at all, just inject all the items.
>>
>>30463377
>not having anything against scarf eruption typhlosion
nigga that's a staple of the battle facilities roster, you should've known better
>>
>>30463326
can you actually get everyone else without having a 50 streak?
I reset a lot and only got dexio, grimsly, colress, wally, cynthia, mallow, and guzma over and over.
no sign at all of blue, red, anabel, kiawe, plumeria, or dexio's nigress friend. I only got anabel resetting at a 60 streak
>>
>>30463418
I don't think pkhex can give you the other rewards like battle style and the boss music
>>
>>30463447
What do you suggest?
>>30463418
Passport stamp, nothing else in-game I want to do
>>
>>30463460
Mallow and Dexio are version exclusive, their counterparts are Kiawe and Sina. Not sure, but I've heard Guzma/Plumeria are also exclusive.

>>30463461
If you figure out what all the flags correspond to it might be possible.
>>
>>30463326
Can you actually scout battle legends? Some nigga told me you couldn't.
>>
>>30463556
some nigga lied
>>
>>30463556
"battle legend" is your 50-streak match. it's against red in a slightly more decorated part of the tree and you can't scout him that match.
you'll probably be able to if you encounter him after that
>>
>>30463556
You can't. Try it yourself if you don't believe me, or check out the extracted Battle Tree data. Blue and Red don't have partner quotes because you can't scout them
>>
Highest streak was 41 I think.
Assault Vest Golisopod, Focus Sash Mimikyu and Life Orb Garchomp. Pretty sure I lost because I missed four Play Roughs in a row, rage quit when it happened and went back to breeding for awhile.
>>
>>30463641
>sash mimikyu
>not life orb mimikyu and garchompite garchomp
>not wide lens mimikyu for 99% play rough accuracy
step up senpai
>>
File: 1472937304859.png (5KB, 90x76px) Image search: [Google]
1472937304859.png
5KB, 90x76px
>>30463667
99%=0% in the battle tower senpai
>>
>>30463667
Mega Garchomp is trash
>>
>>30463667
mega chomp is ass outside sand
regular chomp with lo/scarf is gud
>>
>>30463418
>Not playing the Battle Tree for the sole purpose of scouting wiafus and battling alongside them
The actual fuck my man
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 305x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 305x328px
>>30463732
>scout a hula dancer with a mega heracross lead
>>
>>30460261
>try the Tree for the first time in singles
>have a team of Tapu Lele, Scizor and Minior, all with okay movesets but shit items and not EV trained correctly at all, probably with bad IVs
>first battle is okay
>second battle, faggot hiker arrives
>Turn 1 his Max Speed Gliscor outspeeds Lele and flings a razor claw
>flinch
>Kills with Acrobatics and Lele's LO recoil turn 2
>set ut Minior
>Swagger, but I still kill
>Sandlash comes in, uses swagger, I kill myself in confusion
>Send Scizor
>Set up SD
>Sandlash uses Swagger
>Sandlash's Quick Claw activates, uses Sand Attack, and tanks a hit
>Quick Claw again, Sand attack
>Manage to hit it and kill
>He sends in Garchomp
>Garchomp dodges the burrito, sets up Sandstorm since it's Sand Veil
>I still hit the burrito, EQ brings me a little over half HP
>Burrito again to kill, dodge, EQ gets a max roll and kills

This was only my second battle ever in the Tree but I already witnessed the most RNG bullshit ridden battle I saw in a battle facility. I spent a lot of time in the Maison but I never saw this.
I fear for what's coming after to be honest. I'll probably just get some pokémons injected today.
>>
>>30463490
Bulky Waters are your friends. Flash Fire mons could work too, but are generally less useful in a battle tree run
>>
>>30461003
breeding feels a lot faster now that the eggs are live updated when you are on the same screen as the breeder girl

tauros also feels a lot faster than the bikes
>>
>>30463210
You were right, I was thinking with shitmons
I think M-Metagross will round out nicely with EQ coverage and decent bulk
>>
File: tumblr_ohhhxtGwXb1rhwcn3o1_1280.png (742KB, 900x1015px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohhhxtGwXb1rhwcn3o1_1280.png
742KB, 900x1015px
I was running this

Golisopod @ Assualt Vest
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp.D
Adamant Nature
-Liquidation
-First Impression
-Aqua Jet
-Leech Life

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe /
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Play Rough
-Shadow Sneak
-Leech Life

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
-Recover
-Baneful Bunker
-Liquidation
-Poison Jab

Any suggestions for improving it?
>>
>>30463878
>Mega
You can't get the stone until you have a shit-ton of BP. Use AV until then.
>>
>>30463707
>not hacking in an Arena Trap MegaChomp with Dragon Dance and Thousand Arrows
>>
Mimikyu, A-Gren with Colress as my partner.
>>
>>30463898
>you don't have the 64 bp item so use the 48 bp item
I will thanks
>>
>>30463903
>wasting time setting up when you could just use a No Guard + Sheer Cold + Fissure + Gullotine Ninjask
>>
File: 1420570137597.png (97KB, 414x469px) Image search: [Google]
1420570137597.png
97KB, 414x469px
>>30463894
Trade Liquidation for Sucker Punch on Golly, otherwise that's it.

I suppose you could trade Leech Life for Shadow Claw on Mimikyu if you need a stronger Ghost move and don't need the extra coverage, but that's up to taste. Also keep in mind you have a big Electric weakness, so all it's gonna take is one Heliolisk or Mega Manectric to ruin your day.
>>
>>30460261

Metagross
Mimikyu
Hydreigon
>>
>>30463950
I implied you can have someone inject you the AV Metagross, because Mega Stones cannot be traded.
>>
>>30463667
I was considering a wide lens given how many times I've missed Play Rough. Garchomp is meant to be a suicide lead anyway, for the most part anything it doesn't KO can be taken out by the other two.

>>30463894
I'd say Sucker Punch on Golisopod is worth considering since you've got Toxapex to deal with the stallmons that the tree likes to use. Maybe switch out Liquidation. I haven't encountered many mons weak to water that could survive more than 2 Aqua Jets.
>>
Right now using Electrium Xurkitree, Lum Berry Mimikyu and Focus Sash Komm-O; at 15 wins so far. Haven't used Komm yet, Xurcitree either sweeps or Mimikyu does.
>>
>>30460694
Fuck that sounds great.
>>
somewhat related
but assuming all my pokemon have pokerus, and the lead has a power item
do they all gete the same through exp share or how dos the max work per 1, 2, or 3 EVs?
>>
>>30464257
who cares just isle evelup them
>>
>>30464073
Moves on Xurk? I have a scarf xurk ready but I'm not sure on a moveset for it.
>>
>>30464275
tbolt
voltswitc
dazzling
energy ball

if you have hp ice or fire, use that instead
>>
>>30464257
power items only affect whatever's holding them
>how dos the max work per...
I don't know what this means
>>
>>30464304
math*

so its best to train pokemon 1 by 1?
>>
>>30460261
Mark my words, I'm going to get far in the Battle Tree with shitmons. I swear to fucking God I will.
>>
>>30464334
You can do multiple at a time but those with the associated power item will be done faster.
>>
A.Ninetales (Lead)
Golisopod and Salazzle

Got a 49 streak on my second attempt until a rock team Lycanrock killed my golisopod before it could get the aqua jet off killed my will to try again... just one win off from 50 fml I am gonna wait until bank comes out to get my garchomp
>>
>>30464347
it would be much more interesting to use shitmoves rather than shitmons
how far can you get with Astonish mimikyu
>>
do you need a balkmon like toxapex/milotic for this or can i do mimikyu and 2 ubs?
>>
>>30462787
Update: I just beat red in round 50. Here's the story.

Lead Aegislash vs his Venusaur. I try to shadowball him, but he protected turn 1. I then kingshield to get back into shield form. Next time he protects again, so I'm sure you can see where this is going. Spend like 14 turns of just cycling our protects and he never attacked me so I decide to just double protect and the ONE TIME I did that he attacked instead of protecting. Not like it did much damage but it makes me feel like the moves are decided after you choose yours. I just kept spamming shadowball for fear of synthesis or something until it died.

Then he sent out Blastoise and earthquaked Aegislash to death. Since it wasn't mega Blastoise and the computer never switches it was time for the beast Clefable to come in. I just minimized to +6 evasion and then after a lot of time, calm minded to +6 SPA and SPDEF since his Blastoise managed to land five aqua tails through +6 evasion in a row. Once I got that far I just steamrolled Blastoise and two shot zard y.

tldr the final boss isn't even hard compared to the trainers in the 40's
>>
>>30464440
spot me skeeter
>>
>>30464440
The bulkiest mon I used for singles was Celesteela (leftovers, but no leech seed/protect). You don't need dedicated stall.
>>
>>30464453
Yeah, it's kind of nice not having to worry about battle 50. Both Red and Blue are pretty underwhelming compared to what you have to go through to get to them.
>>
>>30464347
The thing is though it honestly feels like unless you hack perfect mons you will just get fucked. I imagine casual players will get only around 10 wins at best.
>>30464440
I run >>30463894 and say yeah. You find some real bullshit sets, a wall may seem useless at first but toxapex saved me quite a lot.
>>
If you really want crazy high streaks you need something that doesn't depend on matchups, like a Moody/Acupressure mon with lots of setup support (memento, trick, screens, etc.)

Drapion with Acupressure is the best since it can't be crit but I got up to the 700s or so with Moody Octillery and that was fun.

Still trying to get the Bibarel team up and running.
>>
>>30464347
>Anon's Last Words
>>
File: 250px-798Kartana.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-798Kartana.png
44KB, 250x250px
This little nigga right here is what got me through.
>>
M-Gengar and Garchomp.
I got bored because I always win.
>>
got to 21 in Singles, beat by T-Wave hax

too lazy to breed right now, so none are 5IV or have proper nature. I'm still trying to find a third Pokemon for singles

Mimikyu @ Ghostnium
Bulk Up
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Will-o-Wisp

Xurkitree @ Expert Belt
Discharge
Energy Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Tail Glow

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Roost
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Tailwind
>>
File: 1455203689229.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1455203689229.png
28KB, 186x208px
>>30464694
>Bulk Up
why not swords dance
>>
>>30464735
because anon only got to 21
haahahaha
gottem
>>
Do I need perfect IVs in every stat? Or if I get a less than perfect IV in a stat that wont be used is that good enough?

Never competitive bred before. Shits a grind, even if its supposedly easier than it used to be.
>>
What's a good Doubles team to run with Sunny Day Whimsicott or Drizzle Pelipper?
>>
>>30464930
The most important IVs are your attacking stat and speed for sweepers and hp/defensive stats for walls
>>
File: 1479888548379.jpg (10KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479888548379.jpg
10KB, 217x250px
>Toxic Stall Team
>High-speed Pokemon spamming Substitute
>TOXIC SPIKES
>Swagger/Flatter
>_____'s Quick Claw let it move first!

I'm thinking of starting a Battle-Tree-Bingo game.
>>
1) Smash Pass Smeargle w/ focus sash
2)Double edge Salamence with mega stone
3) Magic Guard Alakazam with life orb
OR
3) Lucario with Fight Z crystal

When I get a perfect Spore->Shell Smash->Baton Pass it usually goes smoothly.

Highlights for me were:
Brightpowder Sandslash that dodge 3 100 accuracy moves in a row and swept me.
Tyrantrum with sleep talk (wtf) and stone edge. Turn 1 Slept talked my smeargle as I spored. Passed into Sala and he woke up and crit Stone edged for the Ohko.
Lucky Lucario swept.
>>
>>30464930
5 IV's are fine.
>>
>>30465036
make some for the stupid ai moments too, like spamming draco meteor on aegislash 5 turns before switching out
>>
>>30465079
I theorize that the game does shit like that so you won't be as mad at it when you get Crit 5 times in a row or miss your 95% accuracy move while they hit Blizzard 3 times in a row. The AI ALWAYS goes retarded RIGHT before an RNG streak.
>>
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Wide Lens
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Calm Mind

Togedemaru @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle
- Wish
- Encore
- Spiky Shield

Got 50 streaks in single using this team. M-mence destroyed everything 80% off the time. Fini is for those status inducers. Togedemaru is for cheesing physical attacker.

The downside of this team is when using nuzzle with Togedemaru after Misty surge is set in so just gotta be careful not to fuck up the switch.
>>
>>30465036
>_____'s Quick Claw let it move first!
Every Salazzle. It's like it knows exactly when it procs.
>>
Lost on 50 and got swept by Red's Charizard X because I didn't realize how speedy it was

Team was the standard Mimikyu as a lead, Mega Metagross and a cheeky Guzzlord for shits and giggles.

Ran into a vet around 43 with Terrakion, Azelf, and Latios which was interesting.
>>
Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide

Vikavolt @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Flash Cannon
Beat 50 yesterday with this. Was just supposed to get me the ev items but it ended up doing pretty well.
M-Gyarados with crunch would probably work better than LO.
>>
So from what I gather:

Mimikyu
Toxapex
Garchomp
Aegislash
M-Salamence
M-Metagross
Kartana
Xurkitree

Is basically the OU tier Battle Tree Pokemon to use.
>>
>>30465313
Pretty much, I guess.
>>
>>30465313
Pheromosa is probably the best Ultra.

Smeargle with the right moves is always the most broken shit.
>>
Just raised a Bagon to Salamence, ready to be a Mega. Best set? What pairs well with it?
>>
Does a focus sash mimikyu works like it suppose to?
>able to take 2 hits without being OKed is godly
>>
I'm strating to build a tryhard team for Singles.
What would go best with Specs/Scarf Lele ? I'm thinking Kartana but I also want some wall so that I can outstall stallmons and pivot a bit.
I used Sub/Protect Gliscor in the Maison, is there something similar ?
>>
>>30465313
The AI also can't understand that Shields Down Minior is immune to status
>>30465488
The moment you put the sash on Mimikyu, there will be nothing but sandstorm teams.
>>
>>30465067
So I got a physical attacker with 5 perfect IVs and a shit Special attack stat.

Is that fine? What about for compettiive? Its a bitch and if this is decent because the special attack stat doesnt matter then im very pleased.
>>
>>30465523
Sorry for being such a noob but ive never done this before.
>>
>2/3's of my team gets wiped instantly
>Send out Assault Vest Golisopod
>Kill all 3 back-to-back

Holy fuck I love this bug.
>>
>>30465548
Yeah, the sp atk stat won't matter unless you have special moves. Whatever pokemon you have, it's competitive viable
>>
>>30465513
i haven't seen sandstorm teams yet probably as the bank's not available but you re right as ninetails can wreck the idea with hail
>>
I've been using M-Salamence as my lead, Dragon Dance -> Return clears 80% of teams
The rest of the team is questionable, I'm using Primarina because it resists Salamence's main weaknesses in Ice and Dragon so I can switch it in if somethings about to Ice Beam
And then Espeon to revenge kill whatever the other two can't handle

My record is 43, can't remember what I lost to but I've had problems with Gengar doing Hypnosis Dream Eater spam in the past

Suggested replacements for Primarina/Espeon?
>>
>>30465513
I've tried leading with Focus-Sash Kommo-O. Almost every team I come across is either Sandstorm or Hail.
>>
>>30464930
>Shits a grind
No not at all. Once you get a good Ditto which is pretty easy in this game just keep breeding until you get an offspring with the nature you want then put an Everstone on it and hatch some more eggs, you'll get one with really good IVs at around the first box. After that you give it the power items needed and EV train which takes like 5 minutes to max. Breeding for competitive is easy as fuck, so easy in fact I don't understand why people inject. Legendaries and especially shinies are a little trickier though. If eggs take too long for you just put a mon in your party with Flame Body/Magma Armor and it'll take half the steps needed to hatch.
>>
>>30465577
The Battle Tree will have sandstorm teams, I mean. I don't know if that carries over to Battle Spot or tournaments, but I brought Sandstorm up specifically because it benefits Steel types.
>>
My first pokemon is :

Tapu Koko- Brave bird, Wild Charge, Taunt, U-turn

Second is:

Mimikyu- swords dance, shadow sneak, play rough, leech life

what should my third be?
>>
I've been using a team of standard swords dance mimikyu, mixed shell smash minior, and sp def/hp bewear

White herb on minior, red card on mimikyu, leftovers on bewear

I lead with minior and haven't lost yet
>>
File: 1462122074866.jpg (52KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
1462122074866.jpg
52KB, 600x596px
so i've yet to even properly take on the tree, currently breeding things

i've had a plan of what i was going to run for the tree but unsure of how effective it'd be, thoughts?

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Throat Chop
- Poison Jab
- Ice Shard

Marowak-Alola (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

these are also mons i used ingame so ease of access to breeding with them is what drew me
>>
File: d4453.png (457KB, 497x577px) Image search: [Google]
d4453.png
457KB, 497x577px
>>30465809
>Braviary
For what purpose?
>>
>>30463875
Having to hold B really starts to grate after awhile though.
>>
>>30465510
I went with Kartana and Milotic. Any recommendations ? What are some good megas ?
What about Doubles ? Is MegaMence still OP ?
>>
File: 1478889500980.png (129KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
1478889500980.png
129KB, 600x635px
>another input-reading haxfest
Game Freak are lazy fuckfaces.
>>
>>30465834
with my experience with battle royale, intimidate is everywhere
gotta punish them genie users
>>
>>30465079
I had one that just spammed Baton Pass until it died. Had no idea what the plan was there.
>>
File: 1465919905320.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1465919905320.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
I always get fucked in the tree, I think a need a team thats EV and IV trained to do better but breed requires you to tough it out
>>
>>30465862
Don't be like that, Braviary while it is an awesome mon it really has no place in the Battle Tree unless you want to get fucked. The rest of your team is bretty good so swap that out with something else.
>>
File: 1479790933981.png (634KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479790933981.png
634KB, 1280x720px
>Just fought the same Aether Employee twice in a row

What the fuck? The order of his team was switched up but all three are the same. Am I losing my fucking mind???
>>
>>30465947
fair enough, outside of defiant he's always been pretty mediocre anyway

any suggestions? i want some kind of bird or water to bait out the electrics for free alolawak memery
>>
>>30465931
>breed requires you to tough it out
lying on the internet is subject to a $1000 fine
>>
>>30465968
>i want some kind of bird or water to bait out the electrics for free alolawak memery
Pelipper is nice for that, your team needs a little bulk to it anyway.
>>
Do the teams you guys are using have good IVs as well? I haven't even begun EV training yet
>>
>>30466057
yeah, I bred for good IVs to take into the Tree, which meant my Minior could tank Wally's Garchomp using Outrage with 2 hp left and no defensive investment.
>>
>>30466018
of all things to use i can't believe i didn't think of the new smogonbird
however i dunno if i actually wanna run rain, mainly because of alolawak. should i do it anyway or nah?
>>
>>30466092
You don't have to get one with Drizzle you know they have Keen Eye as the other ability. And I agree you shouldn't have rain with a Fire-type on your team.
>>
Is Bewear viable in the tree?

Planning to use one along with Mimikyu and Toxapex. Otherwise might just use Z-Conversion Porygon-Z.
>>
File: 1477775488431.png (334KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
1477775488431.png
334KB, 512x556px
Is it just me or is this the most RNG-heavy Battle Tree/Mansion/Whatever yet? Seems like every fucking trainer in this thing either

>Low Accuracy moves
>Evasion spam
>Confuse-Ray/Thunder-Wave

How far you get is almost directly tied to how lucky the AI gets.
>>
Would it be good idea to start with Aloan Persian, use parting shot and switch to boosting sweeper?
>>
>>30466129
alright, max HP/spatk or should i invest in def?

i assume it'd be something like pump/hurricane/roost/uturn?
>>
>>30466141
Bewear is really good as long as it has Fluffy but Conversion Porygon is even better. It's up to you I think.
>>
>>30466142
Don't forget the quick claws. Those things always activate when it's worst
>>
>>30466141
Run a really bulky one with bulk up

Invest in HP and special defense

Bulk up on what can't hurt it and rape the world
>>
>>30466187
I'm planning to use both in my regular team so I'll just breed Porygon (done with Stufful) and see how far I get.
>>
>>30466142
You got to push it to the limit.
>>
>>30465583
Milotic probably. It's very useful to have a mon that can tank and stall for a few turns
>>
>>30466197
I was thinking on going Assault Vest with 252 Atk, would Leftovers and 252 HP be better?
>>
>>30466184
248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe is okay but with this set you're kind of weak to Special Attackers since Pelipper is more of a physical wall than anything else. I mean really Pelipper is kind of bad without Drizzle, maybe a different mon would be good. If you still want a Flying-type you should go with Mandibuzz which is an actual wall.
>>
>>30460357
>only 3 pokemon instead of 4
>>
>>30466326
i was thinking maybe gastrodon or milotic would work, decently bulky, both have recovery and can hit decently hard
>>
>>30466753
Go with Milotic, the only advantage Gastrodon has over it is immunity to Electric but you have Marowak to take care of that. Milotic is also bulky both specially and physically so it'd fit perfectly.
>>
>>30466836
got it, i assume competitive would be best for the occasional stat drop hax that's gonna occur?

also max spatk or boost it's bulk further? i plan to use pump, scald, ice meme and recover on it
>>
File: 1480466518983.png (2MB, 1000x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1480466518983.png
2MB, 1000x1004px
Second run of super I got to 50 and stopped with this team.
Mimikyu @ Lum Berry
Known to fuck you up or fuck me up
-Sneaky Shadows
-SexyFairyPlay
-WaterBanHammer
-SafetyDance

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Known as the jobber.
-Psychic

Metagross @Mega
Known as the I don't know what to do, do something about it
-AntiDarkSmashArm
-NeutralEverythingMindHeadbutt
-FastestPunchAlive
-TheEarthisshaking

This team and my other teams are all weak to ghost. Basically shadow ball wrecks everything but this team hits hard and fast enough to not even care. Lele was a jobber though, too slow for powerful glass cannons and too weak to oneshot anything bulky and neutral with life orb. The defenses are also atrocious on lele with oneshots everywhere. I probably would run focus sash so she could 2RKO or deal enough damage for priority move kills.

Only time I almost got wrecked would be Gengar / Mega Metagross / Hydregion. Gengar had a sash so mimikyu got destroyed and tapu lele jobbed to gengar. Metagross literally did what he was described to do and destroyed everything.
>>
>>30466898
Also @Mimikyu the god kept landing the 90 accuracy play roughs. Like holy shit they do 50% neutral with +2. +4 is instant sweep.
>>
>>30466895
I'd go with some tanky because you already have two damage dealers. Made a set for you

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Recover

The ability is preference but I prefer Marvel Scale, use Competitive if you want to. In my experience status is a lot more common compared to stat drops.
>>
>>30467019
Toxapex with merciless might be viable (regenerator might be unreliable with 3 mons)Marowak and Braviary get free switch ins if you predict correctly. It's bulk is incredible and toxic scald recover haze / stat lower is solid. Don't underestimate the power of shit like growl in maison even though ai switches now.
>>
>>30467019
figured they'd be more keen to smash right through it rather than waste time with status, then again i've encountered weird shit that just wastes time before (cosmic power type copying starmie to """""""""""counter""""""""""" acupressure drapion) so i dunno

cheers
>>
>>30466898
You could try Hydreigon since it resists all of Metagross's weaknesses.
>>
Building a battle tree teem here. Going for regenerator toxapex and Salamence for the first two slots.
What would be a good third slot? I want a fast special attacker. I'm thinking Raichu, Salazzle or maybe Greninja if I can find a way to get one with Protean
>>
>>30463216
PorygonZ using Z-Conversion has been carrying through Battle Tree. I've just been keeping it as a Normal type with Adaptability and Tri Attack for those big hits though.
>>
>need Power Items in order to effectively EV train
>cost BP
>can't get steady flow of BP because haven't EV trained a proper team for post-game yet

Haven't played any pokemon games in years, just made it to the Battle Tree. I feel like I'm missing something here.
>>
>>30467286
I just used my Mimikyu from my playthrough in singles. Swords Dance/Shadow Claw/Play Rough/Wood Hammer holding Fairium Z to break through bulkier things.
>>
>>30467185
That actually sound pretty solid.
Flamethrower
Dark pulse
Flash Cannon
Draco Meteor
If only it had 2 more speed or more spec atk.
>>30467286
Just breed a mimikyu and throw it into poke pelago. 2 days later you should have a perfect mon. I breed my team + more in 3 days.
>>
>>30467286
>>30467386
Also there are a bunch of goodies around alola. There's a free life orb, toxic orb, terrain extender, light ball and other things. Hell you get a mega before going to battle tree which is alakazam.
>>
>Breeding a team for battle tower
>Breed 6Iv Impish toxapex
>Realise I don't have regenerator

Well, that's 3 hours of my life I'm not getting back.
At least I didn't EV train.
Is toxapex any good without regenerator?
>>
>>30460261
Doubles: Gyarados, Scizor, Ghost-Silvally, Goodra.
It works pretty good. I occationally swap out Silvally for Tapu Koko.
>>
Can someone rec some cookie cutter builds?
I'm completely new to comp pokemon but the team I'm building right now is
Tsareena / Mega alakazam/Garchomp / Clefable

I would rather to not use legends
>>
>>30467286
Spam battle royale, winning at the super difficulty is easy even with story pokemons and you get 3 bp/win each
>>
>>30463460
>or dexio's nigress friend.

We all he's bangin' that hoe's pussy, no need to beat around the bush and call her his "friend."
>>
>>30467687
in tree merciless is likely better anyway, since there's less room to switch it out of anything without issue
>>
>>30462709
Salazzled doesnt get scarf.
It gets bright powder. Your Discharge missed and you didnt notice.
>>
I want to use Mega-Salamence for Doubles in Battle Tree. What's the best set for it ?
I was thinking DD/EQ/Return/Fire Blast, but is the special set better ?

And what would be the best steel type to pair it with ?
>>
File: 1445.webm (2MB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445.webm
2MB, 1066x600px
>can't get past anything after a few wins

Why are they all motherfucking outspeeding me? Guess it's time to actually start breeding.
>>
>>30468550
>Guess it's time to actually start breeding.
Don't sweat it, it's not very hard and it feels awesome to kick ass with a mon you raised from an egg.
>>
How do you get Iron Head on Garchomp?
>>
>>30468670
Egg move and I'm pretty sure it's unavailable for now.
>>
>>30468670
take poison jab
>>
>>30468670
Breed it with an Aggron once Bank comes out. Until then, just use Poison Jab as your Fairy killing move.
>>
>>30468894
>>30468897
>>30468914
Thanks dudes! When bank is available, replace is then though right?
>>
>>30468948
yes
>>
>>30460261
41-streak so far

(all pokemon have 31 IVs for each stat)

1. Metagross (Mega)
Adamant, 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm

2. Toxapex w/ Sitrus (Merciless ability)
Bold, 252 SpDef, 252 HP, 4 Def
- Stockpile
- Infestation
- Recover
- Toxic

3. Togekiss w/ Assault Vest (Serene Grace ability)
Modest, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ancient Power
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash

Mega Metagross is amazing because of its speed buff and the mega-evolution priority, It can OHKO most things with a super-effective hit, and can take hits from physical attackers.

Toxapex is OP and is a great switch in for Metagross against fire types. Stockpile w/ recover and the Sitrus give it relatively easy setup (normally I play one stockpile before using infestation or toxic depending on the pokemon). It's important to note that Toxapex is best to switch in against something it resists.

Togekiss kills dragon types with ease, can handle itself nicely against most types and can be a decent switch in due it's very high base special defense coupled with the Assault Vest.
>>
>>30469111
>Singles
>>
I'm new to competitive shit, give me good supports for Primarina.
Yes, I need to use it on the team
>>
>>30469167
Fuck doubles, I legit get single digit of FPS on them
>>
>>30464453
I took inspiration from your tean and made it, mostly because I had the gible and honedge ready just breed them and they have the right nature and ivs, I just need the cleffable but that will take longer, do you or anyone have another recommendation to replace cleffable?
>>
So I'm rocking:
>Primarina
>Growlithe
>Magneton
>Dartrix
>Kadabra
>Munchlax

I'm looking to put a dragon type in there but I'm not sure, anybody have some suggestions? Haven't struggled to much, although the bug totem pokemon forced me to grind train my growlithe
>>
>>30469491
Oh I should note, I am only up too the 3rd island 2nd totem. Been enjoying the game so far though!
>>
>>30469491
>>30469513
what are you doing in the battle tree thread?
>>
What's a good mon to use with Pheromosa and Top Lel?
>>
>>30460261
man red is gonna be bald one day
>>
>lead with golisopod
>hit with priority until emergency exit triggers
>send in life orb mimikyu and set up a swords dance
>play rough/shadow sneak/leach life everything to death
My garchomp doesn't get used much here, might switch him out for a toxapex for some stall
>>
Am I supposed to be losing early with my game team?
>>
>>30469930
I got to round 11, personally. Was using a garbo team though comprised of Heel Cat with his z-crystal, a starmie, and the event snorlax. All this mimikyu praise makes me want to utilize that when I can get the breeding shit setup.
>>
>>30469927
Me again, just found this set on leddit and I'm wondering if it's any good

Toxapex @ Black Sludge / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Scald
Recover
Toxic / Toxic Spikes / Baneful Bunker
Haze
>>
>>30469971
Battle tree trainers have good IV/EV spreads, not a very good idea until you have a nice comp team setup
>>
>>30470142
I know. I just wanted to see how far the in-game team could go. It wasn't so bad in all honesty either. I was expecting to lose by sub 10. One of the trainers had a toxic + flinch abusing set-up that was pesky.
>>
>>30463615

That will always annoy me, I wanted to team up with my boy Red.
>>
>>30465192

Did it feel bad getting swept by was it essentially another you in universe? (Unless you've never played a kanto game)
>>
>>30466057

It's mandatory, speed in particular has to be perfect. 30 won't cut it.
>>
>>30467286

Use Pelego to get established.
>>
>>30463492
>Mallow and Dexio are version exclusive
NOOOOOO I WANT SINA
>>
I plan to run Mimikyu Porygon-Z and Garchomp

Mimikyu is the standard LO SD build while Pory-Z has Z-Conversion with Shadow Ball/Tri-Attack/Ice Beam

what set to run on Garchomp though?
>>
>>30470523

Maybe a basic scarf Chomp if it's not your lead?
>>
>>30462079
Yeah the speeds are weird my tapu koko got out sped and ohkoed by a black sludge tentacruel
>>
>>30465845
you can use doggo, his default speed is a little faster than tauros without B
>>
I've missed a 100 accuracy move TWICE.

The the opponent started to use double team.

FUCKING BRIGHTPOWDER IS CANCER.
>>
Havent played much of it yet, but i do have a story.

My partner (the breeder lady) was koed by turn 3. But by then i also koed one of the opponents.
I had lanturn and decideuye vs a super tanky pokemon, pretty sure it was porygon2? I dont remember but i do remember its moveset, which was charge beam, double team, subsitute, and protect and/or recover. I dont remember which one.

It double teamed while i was dealing with its teammate. Then subbed and kept double teaming until it was max evasion. My lanturn had volt absorb so it couldnt hurt me. But i couldn't hit him and when i did he would just sub and recover or whatever. I couldn't switch to decidueye because he was already hurting and one charge beam would definitely kill him.

I had to pp stall him and have him kill himself with struggle. The battle was almost 30 minutes long. Got my 1 bp and moved onto the next battle to get destroyed by a team comp that absolutely countered both mine and my partners.
>>
Anyone have a good weather team? Because I want one

Right now I have Jolteon/Tentacruel/Araquanid/Shiinotic I know Shiinotic sucks but rain dish lol
>>
>>30470929

Multi isn't worth touching until you scout someone competent.
>>
>>30471013
You need pelliper my dude
>>
>>30470092
Pls respond
>>
Just lost at 17, Pyroar never missed a Fire Blast (4 in a row), while I missed the only High Jump Kick I needed to win the match.

great.
>>
>>30464560
I recommend not using moody in battle tree, a single accuracy down gives the computer an excuse to make you miss repeatedly.
>>
Here's my comp:

Primarina (Choice Specs)
Torrent
Modest 164 HP/252 SpA/88 Spe
Ice Beam
Moonblast
Hydro Pump
Psychic

A.Marowak (thick club)
Adamant (Cant remember the EV Spread)
Lightning Rod

Swords Dance
Flare Blitz
Bonemerang
Shadow Bone

Celesteela (Leftovers)
Modest 252SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Beast Boost

Automize
Flash Canon
Hidden Power (Ground)
Air Slash

Primarina nukes stuff with Moonblast/Hydro Pump, A Marowak can come in on any Electric attacks and fighting attacks with impunity.

Celesteela handles any Earthquake users who try to take out Marowak and sets up on them easily.

I'm looking to change things around since I feel their synergy can be better, but I did clear regular singles and got another solid 20 wins in Super before getting haxed to death

I really dont want to use Mimikyu and Toxapex or abuse weather
>>
I usually play doubles. I start off with Toucannon and Torkoal. Toucannon uses Z-Tailwind, which boosts our speed and Toucannon's critical hit chance, then Torkoal uses Shell Smash, restores defenses w/ White Herb and the two sweep the opposing team.

Toucannon has Bullet Seed, Tailwind, Beak Blast and Roost.
Torkoal has Fire Blast, Shell Smash, Earthquake and Rapid Spin.
>>
>Enemy quick claw activate three times in a row on round 4
>Same enemy just so happened to have complete coverage against my team
T..thanks Gamefreak
>>
>go against match number 44
>send out kartana
>he sends out Registeel
>Sacred sword that shit
>surprise, it isnt a OHKO
>registeel uses rock polish
>think i can still outspeed
>i cant
>it uses all out pummeling
>die
>send out toxapex
>crits with eq as i scald
>dont burn
>have to use recover
>crit again
>recover
>scald
>kill
>be at around 60% health
>he sends out heatran
>use baneful bunker to see what move it uses
>earth power
>think "the STAB thunder from jolteon didn't KO toxapex a fewmatches back, should tank this non-stab move "
>it doesnt
>''maybe its a specs heatran!''
>send out lucario
>mega
>use eq
>it's sashed

WHY
>>
>>30469491
Get a level 9 Salamence.
>>
Can someone tell me how Merciless actually works? I used Baneful Bunker on an enemy then Venoshock after that but didn't see any crit notification or anything, do they cancel each other or what?
>>
>>30474319
Fuck forget it, I forgot that Null has Battle Armor
>>
>>30474401
Hold on, you fought a Null in the Battle Tree?

Or were you just fighting Gladion at some point?
>>
>>30465416
really? i figured xurkitree or kartana were better with their high attacking stacks
theyre like nukes and kartana isnt slow

>>30465484
comfey pairs well with everything
triage priority healing @ Leftovers
synthesis
floral healing
toxic/leech seed/taunt
protect/taunt

>>30465488
you can always run a rain or sun team + mimikyu or just run LO/Lum

>>30465583
Toxapex and Kartana/Pheromosa

>>30465700
Toxapex or M-Mence
>>
>Down to last pokemon each
>Opponent uses Espeon, I have Incineroar
>Easy win in my mind, even though I was paralyzed from a Raichus t.wave prior
>Espeon uses protect like I thought, protects against my darkest lariat
>Next turn it uses shadow ball
>Does fuck all damage, gets off a darkest lariat
>"Espeon hung on with its focus sash!"
>It uses morning sun next turn, restoring almost all of its HP while I'm fully paralyzed
>Protects next turn, blocking my darkest lariat
>Already used Z-move, so I can't bust its protect
>Next turn it uses morning sun again, and I'm fully paralyzed once more
>Repeat for 8 fucking turns
>>
I got to the 50th battle just for Red to 1-shot my entire team with Charizard X lol. I dunno if I can go on.
>>
>>30475668

Anon you lost to yourself, in a way you also won. Don't get discouraged.
>>
Does Red ever use Zard Y in singles or just when teaming up with Blue?
>>
>>30475390
Nah, I did a new playthrough on Sun and was on the battle with him again after Lillie got abducted
>>
>>30475786
He only ever uses Y for me, and I've fought him multiple times. Is it version exclusive?
>>
File: 1479694394171.png (580KB, 501x635px) Image search: [Google]
1479694394171.png
580KB, 501x635px
this shit is so unfair
>>
>>30460261
Golisopod, Salamence, Kartana

Got my streak of 50 in super singles then dropped it. It didn't take me nearly as long as it took others, but I was sick of it nonetheless.

The team worked pretty well, but I had issues with special attackers that weren't easily killed by Golisopod or Salamence and could outspeed Kartana. Froslass fucked me over before I caved and gave Kartana a choice scarf.

Though there were multiple incidents that, if RNG weren't a thing, I would have lost. Something (Not sure which Poke it was) went for a high jump kick and missed, giving Kartana the opportunity to sweep. I also almost got swept by a Zapdos, and I would have if I hadn't gotten a crit.

Golisopod works really well as a lead, especially if you give him leftovers and leech life. He can out-stall a lot of bulky Pokemon with the recovery you get from those. I used Aqua Jet and First Impression for the other two moves. And the free switch you get from Emergency Exit is great. He rarely ever got one-shot, unless it was something fast with stone edge.

Kartana worked extremely well as a sweeper. I had him using Fightium Z with Leaf Blade, Smart Strike, Sacred Sword, and Night Slash. Fightium Z was usually just for bulky Pokemon that I wasn't sure I could KO with anything else, but I had to give that up for a choice scarf because anything that could outspeed it usually killed it in one shot.

Salamence was there for miscellaneous threats and cleanup. If Golisopod was up against something that could one-shot him (Hurricane Pelipper, for example), I usually switched into Salamence and he would take care of it.
>>
>>30475668
>>30475763
whats a good mon to take on his zard x?
salamence, gyara?
>>
>>30475919
What is the best battle theme for the tree, and why is it the Kahuna battle theme?
>>
>>30475952
Sorry, didn't mean to reply there.
>>
>>30475952
That one's good, I use it a lot. I change it to the default theme every 10th trainer so I can hear their actual battle theme.
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (38KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
6dc.jpg
38KB, 640x428px
>tfw Mega Sableye literally carries you because these computers want to spam Status moves
>>
File: 1367589882292.png (1017KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1367589882292.png
1017KB, 848x900px
>mfw toxic leech seed protect stall meganium
>>
>>30460261
protip: The AI can't handle abilities. Run Pokemon like Mega Sableye, Mimikyu, Shedinja, and Minior with abilities that offer immunities and you will destroy the entire Battle Tree in one try. Only RNG bullshit can stop you at that point.
>>
>>30475917
What moves are you using on your Salamance?
I want to switch out Draco Meteor for EQ because most of the time I'm worried it'll miss and it makes my flamethrower weaker until I switch out.
>>
>>30475919
Garchomp outspeeds it and should be able to OHKO with Outrage. Idk if it has Dragon Dance but it shouldn't. Not sure if EQ will OHKO.

Nihilego can also outspeed and at least dent it with Power Gem, etc

You can use Aegislash, King's Shield the Flare Blitz, activate WP on the second and KO with Shadow Ball on the following turn
>>
File: 1458608761663.jpg (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1458608761663.jpg
44KB, 633x758px
>Battle starts
>Golisopod vs Rotom-Heat
>Use Aqua Jet, decent amount of damage
>Get confused
>It hurt itself in confusion
>Avoid will-o-wisp
>Think "Maybe the RNG isn't rigged after all"
>Nope
>Get burned
>Hit by hex, emergency exit activates
>Bring out Salamence
>Dragon claw misses
>Rotom-Heat used confuse ray!
>Salamence is confused!
>It hurt itself in confusion!
>Rotom-Heat used will-o-wisp!
>Salamence was burned!
>>
>>30476139
Mega Sableye makes this ez mode
>AI sends out a Ferrothorn
>Evolve Mega Sableye
>Enemy Ferrorthorn uses Thunder Wave!
>Boost everyturn then sweep with a Sableye
Its so easy
>>
>>30476182

IIRC, his Zard X moveset is Dragon Rush (Remember he's facility A.I so it has boosted accuracy) Flare Blitz, DD, and Rock Slide.
>>
>>30476202
you deserved it for using golisopod in the first place
>>
>>30476161
I ran a physical set with Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, and Roost. I probably would have substituted either Dragon Claw or Earthquake for Double-edge, but I was too lazy to level him up.
>>
>can use Mega Pidgeot off the bat with OHKO moves
>can't use a legal magearna
>>
>>30476182
>252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 156-186 (101.9 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
You shouldn't even need an item if it's not invested in bulk. If it's max physical bulk for some infuriating reason, LO EQ still has a decent shot to OHKO.
>>
>>30475952
Ultra Beast theme is better.
>>
>>30476251
Is he that bad? I had a lot of success with him, but maybe I was just lucky.
>>
>>30476311

GF doesn't bother setting in game checks for hack mons for the most part.
>>
I was just shitting around with a Focus Sash Kommo (ingame so its just a neutral nature and decent IVs), pleasantly surprised how well its performing. Th AI has fucked up on Buletproof enough that I feel like I've been given a chance every few rounds to set up DD for free.
>>
>>30476249
Both times I fought him he had a non-attacking Venusaur, Mega Blastoise and Lapras (Singles)/Snorlax (Super Singles), so I guess I lucked out.

>>30476313
LO Chomp is great but I've been having success with SD Chomp. I have A-Persian with Parting Shot and Switcheroo+Flame Orb to soften target's offenses enough so that Garchomp can safely set up, and then nothing stops it. I use Outrage/EQ/Iron Head with Lum. Iron head is there because otherwise it gets coldcocked by Togekiss
>>
>>30476311
wait what
>>
File: 1480567784509.jpg (152KB, 813x659px) Image search: [Google]
1480567784509.jpg
152KB, 813x659px
Whats a good team for Doubles? I never really play doubles and want to try it out.
>>
>Beat Multi for the first time
>Partner doesn't have a victory quote when he leaves
I'm disappointed.
>>
>>30476471

Was it a known character or a random NPC?
>>
>>30460261
use a Sheer Cold M-Pidgeot with a Choice Scarf
then get outsped by quick claw and critted to death
>>
>>30476490
It was Guzma
>>
>>30476496
>M-Pidgeot with Choice Scarf

are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>30476447
Tapu Bulu, Magnezone, A-Marowak, and M-Gyarados.
>>
File: 1480225074786.png (795KB, 963x651px) Image search: [Google]
1480225074786.png
795KB, 963x651px
Guide to Battle Tree (Singles)
Using mons in the Alola Dex
Note that there are almost no actual Alola Mons worth using. Toxapex is okay but you're going to be stalling forever, which is counter intuitive. This is NOT comprehensive, just some things me and friends have been successful with.

Good mons to use:
>Fast Physical Attackers
Garchomp
Mega Mence
Mega Luke
Mega Gyara
Pheremosa
Kartana

>Fast Special Attackers
Mega Luke
Nihilego
Tapu Lele
Gengar

>Bulky Attackers
Aegislash
M-Sableye
Scizor/M-Scizor
Dragonite

>Utility Mons
A-Persian (Parting Shot)
Celesteela
A-Ninetales (Aurora Veil)

Omitted Megagross and M-Zam because they rely on less-than-accurate coverage moves. Same can be said of all/most similar mons that need to use coverage moves like that. Mega Luke is fine because it gets Adaptability Aura Sphere.

Pokemon with Memento and shit aren't as great this Gen because the AI seems to switch out more often. They don't switch out terribly often, but more often than in past games. Idk what the AI's criteria for switching is. I taunted Red's Venu and it Struggled itself to death. Meanwhile, I had an AI recall her Throh because it couldn't do anything to my Aegislash.

Generally if a mon has under 100 base speed it's too slow to use successfully unless it has lots of bulk to offset the crits and shit you're gonna be dealing with.
>>
>>30476613

If the sheer cold didn't tip you off, he's using a hacked one that's always in mega forme.
>>
File: Scarf Mega Pidgeot.jpg (29KB, 320x455px) Image search: [Google]
Scarf Mega Pidgeot.jpg
29KB, 320x455px
>>30476613

Are you?
>>
>>30476667
Is sand veil good for chomp still? I breed a near flawless one but didnt realize after ev training it that it wasnt rough skin...
>>
>>30476678

Sheer cold fails against Ice Types now if you didn't know. So be careful with that scarf.
>>
>>30476613
You can hack pokemon to be in their Mega formes outside of battle. That way, they keep their Mega stats but their item slot is freed. You weren't tipped off by Sheer fucking cold, you goddamn retard?

At any rate, Ninjask is faster so you'd probably be better off hacking one of those with Sheer Cold/Guillotine/Fissure now that ice-types are immune to Sheer Cold.
>>
>>30476693
Should be okay. Rough Skin has been good to me so far but there are more than enough Sandstorm users in the tower to make Veil worthwhile, even if you don't dedicate a moveslot.
>>
>>30476734
That's what i was thinking too, I mean Im gonna have to rebreed one eventually but for battle tree and spot sand veil should be good still. Thanks dude!
>>
What's the best way to build Alolan muk, since you guys keep singing its praises here

I'm running Acid armor/Sludge bomb/Crunch/Fire blast , shitty setup but got me through story mode ok
>>
>>30476667
Explain Celesteela's utility to me please.

Also, thoughts on Xurkitree and Porygon-Z? Xurkitree with Psychium Z Hypnosis can give +1 Speed, though the Accuracy is very shaky. But if you can fire it off and get at least one turn to Tail Glow you're golden. Porygon-Z has Normalium Z Conversion to give it +1 All Stats and turn it into any type it desires. I imagine that Ghost would be good since you could stay in on a Fighting type and they try to do a Fighting type move but unsuccessfully.
>>
>>30476667
>Note that there are almost no actual Alola Mons worth using
alolan-muk.png
>>
>>30476916
I can't imagine it being that good. Maybe something like Curse/Shadow Sneak/Poison Jab/Knock Off

>>30476943
Celesteela is really dumb. I haven't used it personally since I have Sun, but apparently Fly/Leech Seed/Ingrain/Heavy Slam (Substitute and protect can be used if you prefer) is pretty neat. It also gets Toxic and Fire coverage if you think you want it.

I haven't looked at Xurkitree much so I can't really speak on its utility, but I don't recommend Hypnomiss because I can't imagine that it won't backfire on you. In general I avoid Z-Moves because the Z-Aura and framerate drops eat up too much time, so someone else should answer
>>
>>30460261
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb

Natures Madness
Brave Bird
Wild Charge
U Turn

Buzzwole @ Assault Vest
Poison Jab
Leech Life
Hammer Arm
Earthquake

Looking for something to round my team out, nothing I try seems to be decent enough to keep up with those two
>>
>>30476667
Mimikyu
>>
>>30477551
ok

>>30477020
nah
>>
>>30460261
Just gonna wait till mid Jan and powersave
>>
>>30460261
In all honestly, Tapus and UBs.
>>
>>30476202
@Lum Berry desu
>>
>>30477716
>>30477971
kys
>>
>>30477120
If I remember correctly Xurk is like a special kartana and the reason people run z hypno is for the +1 speed so he can sweep or actually fire off two hypnosis as usual the opponent will switch out in singles. Since it's battle tree AI scarf is probably the better alternative given that electric hits a lot of things.
>>
>>30471013
>Shiinotic sucks
Delet
>>
File: 1220226625911.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1220226625911.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>Red can Mega Evolve two pokemon

Cheating mute piece of shit
>>
>>30466898
why don't you say actual move names so people know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>30461429
offensive mimikyu isn't made for doubles. Keep him in singles.

Defensive mimikyu is great for doubles.
>>
>>30471013
pelipper
scarf xurkitree
mega/UBs/mimikyu/garchomp

all you need
>>
>>30479200
defensive mimikyu?
whats the set?
>>
>>30479181
Suck my dick. Psychic.
>>
I only run monotype teams, because everything else is cheating.

My very first roll landed on Ground so I made a half-assed Ground team to farm early BP for brace items and other shit:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
Scald
Sludge Wave
Recover
Earthquake

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Brick Break

I managed to clear normal singles and peaked at 20 super singles because certain water walls (Wailord with Pressure and Walrein) just stall Gastrodon and dumpster the other two guys.

Not sure what monotype to go for next, was thinking about Fire perhaps.
Any suggestions?
Also, anyone got an idea on how to tackle monotype Battle-tree the best? Should I just choose the three strongest mons from a type and just try to brute force my way through?
>>
>>30479686
>I only run monotype teams, because everything else is cheating.
>>>>
>>
>>30479686
Ghost
>>
i have 64 BP, what mega evo should I buy for doubles?
>>
>>30480231
mence
>>
>>30480276
Hyper voice is a tutor move. Salamence is dogshit for another month
>>
>>30480231
Gyarados or Metagross
>>
>>30460947
>Might just slap Electrium Z desu
I would. I have the EXACT same Xurk and I haven't lost when paired with Pelipper yet.
It guarantees a free beast boost as it's most likely gonna one-shot whatever it hits.
It also is great for after the rain wears off since the z-move has 100% acc.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.