[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your wishlist for the new pokemon mistery dungeon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

What is your wishlist for the new pokemon mistery dungeon?
>>
A plot that isn't Explorers' plot rehashed for the second time.
>>
Basically like Explorers of Sky with better item storage and a less grindy way of increasing IQ.
>>
File: comemychild.png (1MB, 1230x621px) Image search: [Google]
comemychild.png
1MB, 1230x621px
>>30449593
More floors in a dungeon, PSMD was the closest to giving me problems with balancing hunger, just a few more floors would have given me that optimal feeling of survival.
Bring back species-unique items.
Bring back RNG missions (even if it's just for on-the-side bullshit).
Either keep working on "strategies" for your AI or rework the Intelligence system from previous games. Personally I liked that with enough intelligence you could get skills that would set you apart from mons of equal level and identical species. My only problem with it was the skills felt very linear, there was very little instance where you'd get skills you'd want to toggle for different situations.

I loved PSMD because for something that changed quite a few things that we expected game-to-game it changed them in at worst a neutral way, in my opinion.

Sky still holds the best for postgame attractiveness because of that RNG though.

What about you?
>>
More nonstarters as starter options, Fire/Water/Grass is boring after the 10th time

REMOVE BREAKS

Level 1 dungeons that are better balanced than SMD's and have a reward at the end

Make the default A attack stronger than only a pathetic 5 damage or less
>>
>>30450080
I'd love to play a mystery dungeon game where you can start as something like Trubbish
>>
File: WVW69ji7wCMBVAyie0.jpg (158KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69ji7wCMBVAyie0.jpg
158KB, 400x240px
>>30450112
The only way you're gonna do that is if you straight up hack SMD. Personally i dont see why these two in pic related aren't starters. They were in the japan only ones.
>>
>>30450112
The problem would be expression portraits. They'd need to draw like ten for every single Pokemon.
>>
Bring back the old recruiting system and wonder mail/random missions
>>
make it more like blue rescue team
>>
>>30450209
And? I can't imagine it takes very long to draw them.
>>
>>30449593
>Get rid of "breaks", if I wanted to use another pokemon I will
>Actually useful basic attack if they're gonna put pressure on you to conserve PP
>Return emphasis to type matchups
>Bring back recruiting
>Return music to traditional PMD style, with flutes and a sense of mystery

Just a personal gripe, but I'd love it if they'd go back to sprites, felt way better for a grid based game and in my opinion was way better looking and more vibrant. It'll never happen, though.
>>
>>30449593
hard to say, PSMD basically did everything right besides the first hub. I guess make food less easy to obtain?
>>
Be able to play as the Pokemon I actually like.
>>
File: 1414277609741.png (217KB, 386x372px) Image search: [Google]
1414277609741.png
217KB, 386x372px
>tfw good PMD fangames never
>>
File: Explorers of Woops__1006.png (44KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Explorers of Woops__1006.png
44KB, 256x384px
>>30450566
I hope you know how to hack savefiles, anon.
>>
>>30450733
>TFW 2D PMD's coding is a mess and if you move one thing the entire thing breaks

It's not fair ;_; I want to make a journey as memorable as EoS's
>>
>>30450383
I can see it taking way less time on the 3DS, since I think they pretty much just put the models on a background.
>>
>>30450490
>>Actually useful basic attack if they're gonna put pressure on you to conserve PP
I liked the way Super TRIED to do it with Emeras. Too bad it didn't actually work.

>>30450870
Check the pr- okay you can't unless you go to google's cache for now I guess, but there has been some great progress. One of the developers needs help testing out stuff, I think you could easily contribute.
>>
>>30451267
>Check the pr-

What? The previous thread? I could probably go on moe and find it. Thanks for letting me know, anon! I thought it was hopeless.
>>
>>30451412
project pokemon thread
>>
>>30449593
>More non-starter starters
As much as I am a charmanderfag, my favorite playthroughs have been with shit like Meowth, Cubone, and Munchlax.
>More specific AI intelligence modifiers
Honestly, something like Dragon Age would be great. Create certain triggers that result in certain actions, like, "If an enemy is over 50% HP, use Growl" and "if an enemy is under 50% HP, use Water Gun", or maybe more options like "When own HP is under 25%, retreat" or "When enemy has raised stats, use Chip Away".
>Bring back RNG missions
Maybe remove any noteworthy rewards from them other than money if they want to avoid Wondermail fraud, but it gives you something to always do.
>Actually have a post-game plot
I don't care if your idea of a postgame plot is Groudon yelling at you to get off his lawn before he fights you, anything is better than what Super had.

Crazy bullshit ideas
>For the main game, disable recruitment, and instead have all of the pokemon who can follow you be story characters
To an extent, Super was a step in this direction. But instead of literally anyone joining you, imagine if you had to pick from either the school kids or Ampharoses guild, albeit a more filled up version, supplemented with townies, or maybe like a grumpy old Shelgon off to the side in a cave somewhere. Basically, just make your teammates actual characters that exist in the game, at the cost of a smaller selection until postgame.
>>
>>30449593
No breaks
No forced story progression
Good starters again
Friend areas but handled better than Red/Blue Rescue Team did
>>
>>30449593
What I want most is more non-traditional starters again. Let me be Meowth, or Vulpix, or even Skitty or whatever again. Or hell, Rockruff for Gen 7 rep. Hell I'd take anything that wasn't Pikachu or Riolu or the regular starters just to have something different for a change.
>>
>>30449593
Make the postgame dungeons interesting.
Make the postgame have some kind of story, but put it in a Rescue Team kind of way, instead of the linear plot Explorers gives you.
Make the A attack not nearly as powerful as it was in the DS games, but don't make it cap at 5 either. Make the Emeras that give the A attack a second effect more common, particularly in dungeons that require you to use lots of moves.
All of the starters from the past games and more.
>>
>>30450080
>>30450112
>>30450152
>>30450566
>>30452137
>>30452211
>>30452363
>>30452603
The absolutely terrible starter selection of PSMD was the only thing I didn't like about it. Starters are arbitrary and boring, they are only used because they are shilled. Shit like Espurr or Sentret would be far better.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.