[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alolan Slowbro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: alolan slowbro.jpg (10KB, 267x150px) Image search: [Google]
alolan slowbro.jpg
10KB, 267x150px
>Water/Dark
>>
>>30445922
This would have been cool.

So many missed opportunities with Alolan variants, and we're likely to never see any more ever again.
>>
I wish slowpoke had a variant so I could justify using it again
I always like to try out new stuff in every game though so I couldn't
>>
>>30446024
>almost everything becomes dark types that can't stop stuffing themselves with food

did they not notice how repetitive it sounded?
>>
why isn't the slow line solely just psychic? does the slow line even use/go in the water or live in it all that much or at all?
>>
File: ash.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
ash.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>>30445922
Now it'll turn into a Slowpedo!
>>
>>30446405
They're otters. They have a well named after them. Their whole gimmick is being chomped by a fellow Water type.
>>
>>30446479
They're hermit crabs you chode
>>
Do you guys think we will see more of these regional variations in new games? What if we even start seeing them in remakes (Sinnoan(?) Kantoian etc)?
>>
>>30447467
Just like we got more megas, right?
>>
>>30447467
in the next generation almost assuredly. the variants went over well, it let's them try and improve/reuse older mons people forgot existed or ignored, while keeping the actual number of pokemon from growing to much each gen.

In remakes though, probably not, we may see items that allow breeding of Alola variants without being in alola though.
>>
>>30446438
Slow pedos end up in jail.
>>
>>30445922
>hey guys now I remembered
>I am a dragon

Holy shit that would be so fucking funny. I need a whatever form of this pokemon.
>>
File: 1479107439169.png (78KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479107439169.png
78KB, 600x500px
>>30445922
>sharks play a big part in hawaiian culture and mythology
>no alolan sharpedo line
>no alolan garchomp line
>regular versions are in the game, but disgustingly rare
>>
>>30447467
I really hope so. This is my favorite gimmick theyve done that I can remember.
>>
>>30447564
First point is what I've been saying since they were revealed. Regional variants keeps the pokedex from swelling to an enormous size too quickly, especially now that we're 20 years into the franchise. Nothing will turn new players off faster than "Gotta catch 'em all!" with 5000 monsters, over half of which aren't even available in the latest entry.

I disagree on point two though. I think remakes would be a great time to introduce some new regional variants. If the pattern repeats and we get Sinnoh remakes this time around then we might see a few pokemon added to the dex from other regions, or some that were already in the Sinnoh dex from another region, with a Sinnoh variant. It would give the remakes some added flavor, new challenges/advantages to play with, and it would be a way to add "new" pokemon to a remake without fucking the national dex all to hell. That's a great way to sell a remake of a game that you might have already played, as well as getting newbies to the franchise to buy a remake of a game they never played before. New monsters and a new region they haven't seen before are two of the biggest things one can ask of a new pokemon entry.

I think we'll see plenty of them in the future generations/remakes myself, just because it's such a well-received idea both for new players who will enjoy them as newcomers and old players who will enjoy using old favorites in a new way. Remakes are prime territory for this kind of thing so they can sell them to new and old alike.
>>
>>30447654
Underrated post
>>
>>30449636
Its not funny, stop trying
>>
>>30446329
They don't all have to go dark. The point still stands that GF really skimped out on the Alolan variations and new pokemon.
>>
>>30447654
>>
>>30447467
The whole point is that Alola has its own forms because it is geographically isolated from the rest of the world.

If a Pokemon mutated in Sinnoh, we'd see those variations in the rest of the Japanese region as well.
>>
File: Electrode.png (20KB, 455x396px) Image search: [Google]
Electrode.png
20KB, 455x396px
>>30447654
>>
>>30446479
>>30447352
Sazae-oni says hi
>>
>>30445922
Give it speed boost
>>
>>30447547
Seems like most people are liking this gimmick, whereas Megas, not so much.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.