[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people insist on acting like Game Freak has a consistent canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0966.jpg (131KB, 600x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0966.jpg
131KB, 600x513px
Why do people insist on acting like Game Freak has a consistent canon?
>>
>>30444452
Is this a..... JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders reference?
>>
>>30444493
of course it is you moron
>>
>>30444529
Is this a Fist of the Northstar reference?
>>
It is now impossible not to be consistent thanks to infinite parallel universes.
Any inconsistency can just be explained away with it being consistent with its own universe.
>>
>>30444452
Because canonfags are autistic
>>
>>30444452
Because Pokemon is one of the world's biggest things. I like to imagine they at least care about it more than a fucking indie developer would.
>>
>>30444692

But they obviously don't. There are so many inconsistencies now that "because Game Freak" is a legitimate explanation now.
>>
>>30444880
>There are so many inconsistencies now
Name one.
>>
>>30444887

Not your personal army, faggot.
>>
>>30444887
Not your personal army fag
>>
>>30444904

Pokedex entries
Pokémon sizes (especially when riding some now)
Retroactive typing
Red's Pokemon levels in SM

>being this obtuse
>>
>>30444585
Kind of. I mean the Jotaro was clearly very Kenshiro inspired
>>
>>30444904

Games occurring at the same time chronologically having vast differences in Pokemon knowledge, such as Gen 1/3.

Of course the changes make sense in a mechanical sense, but it throws a shitton out of the window lore-wise. Anything lore-related should just be considered flavor text and not taken seriously at all. Pokemon's universe is constantly shifting.
>>
>>30444904
I remember my jigglypuff getting taken out by a dragon type move
>>
>>30445044
>Pokedex entries
They obviously can't change what they've written in past, but the new entries are a lot more realistic.

>Pokémon sizes
Average sizes. Pokemon exist in all sort of sizes. You could catch Magikarps larger than normal size since Gen II.

>Retroactive typing
What about them?

>Red's Pokemon levels in SM
Level is one of those things that change a lot. They don't matter as much in-universe. They're just a game mechanic.
>>
>>30445062
So this must be a Mad Max reference by that logic
>>
>>30445104
>>30445194
Again, games get outdated. That's what remakes are for. Mechanics aren't "canon" in any way.
>>
>>30445044
>>30445104
>>30445233
Those aren't really related to the plot of the game which is why people are more likely to accept them. Especially stuff that's just game mechanics.
>>
>>30445321
>>30445295
>>30445233

>lalala I can't hear you

Pathetic.

You can like a series without droning for it. It's okay.
>>
>>30445382
And you can like a series. You don't need to try this hard to hate on it.
They have made some fuck ups, but they have retconned all of them.
>>
>>30445382
>Pointless: The post
>>
>>30445505
>Pointing out inconsistencies is hating
>>
File: IMG_1350.png (146KB, 284x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1350.png
146KB, 284x352px
>>30445505

>acknowledging that a series has pros and cons is hate to you sensitive faggots

Dear christ
>>
>>30445633
>>30445682
No, but trying this hard to accuse a series of having inconsistencies is hating.
Anon listed what he thought were inconsistencies, I refuted them. His next post was unnecessary.
>>
>>30445785

You didn't refute shit you troglodyte, your response was shallow as fuck.

Your assertion that Pokémon is flawless is laughable.
>>
>>30445837
I'm not saying it is flawless. I'm saying they're trying their best to keep things consistent.
I'm not arguing Pokemon is perfect. I'm arguing that Pokemon does have a "canon".

And everything I said in that post made sense, to me at least. if you find some problem with that post, do let me know. Just called it shallow isn't much of an argument.
>>
>>30444452
That's what I want to know. Just enjoy the games for what they are
>>
>>30445104
this post should be automatically posted whenever a canon thread appears
>>
>>30445896
>they're trying their best to keep things consistent.
Mistakes are still mistakes regardless

>>30445295
>games get outdated
>The games that provided the foundation for the series are old so they're not relevant

>That's what remakes are for
>FR/LG/SS/HG still don't have fairy types

>"jigglypuff getting taken out by a dragon type move"
>Mechanics aren't "canon" in any way
>Type weaknesses don't exist
>>
File: IMG_8107.png (201KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8107.png
201KB, 600x600px
Underage and canon autists getting BTFO'd ITT
>>
>>30446408
>Mistakes are still mistakes regardless
Yes. But they correct them. Always. They are actively trying to keep a consistent canon.

>The games that provided the foundation for the series are old so they're not relevant
Yes. That happens. They could not have planned all 700+ Pokemon since the beginning.
They need to update games. That's the whole point of remakes.

>>FR/LG/SS/HG still don't have fairy types
Because those are the games that haven't been updated yet. As far as the story goes, Fairy-types do exist.

>>Type weaknesses don't exist
No, Fairy-type doesn't exist in earlier games. It does in newer, updated games, so try using a Dragon-type move on a Jigglypuff in those.

Why is the idea of a game being updated with new mechanics so hard for you to understand, anon? I genuinely curious.
>>
>>30446752
>>30446752
Okay anon read this:

>Inconsistent: not staying the same throughout
>•not compatible or in keeping with

Now consider the following:
>Pokemon is affected by a move
>Pokemon is changed so now it's no longer affected by the same move

Yes, anon, as much as it pains you that is an inconsistency. And no, just because Gamefreak says something like "Hold on let me a few changes lol this is now the official story" it doesn't make it any less inconsistent. I can't make it any more simple than this.
>>
>>30444452
Red and Blue are older and in SM. N exists in a sequel, which means he fought Hilbert before. There is canon. The choices are for more money and liberty.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.