[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gamefreak will happily continue to churn out shitmon after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: chatot.jpg (30KB, 291x320px) Image search: [Google]
chatot.jpg
30KB, 291x320px
>Gamefreak will happily continue to churn out shitmon after shitmon

I'm not saying all Pokemon need to be OU viable or anything, but I don't get it. I don't get why they go out of their way to make things that are just objectively useless compared to other things. Even if they just need to pad their dexes out when making a game, it's not like that affects stats and moves.
>>
It's for challenge runs. Shitmon only runs are fun.
>>
>>30443614
People will complain if the new pokedex is under 100.

Personally, I say that if you have to choose between having 80 shitmons and 12 good/better mons, or having 20 decent new dex additions, go with the latter every single time and fuck the entitled brats whining about no dex.

It is a very catch-22, though.
>>
>>30443652
I have a hard time believing shitmon are made specifically to gimp the player.
>>
>>30443614
Boomburst, Chatter, Nasty Plot, Taunt/Sub/Heat Wave/Filler

Now shut the fuck up.
>>
Early monsters need to have crap stats for balance. True shitmons are the ugly ones that have no reason to exist when equivalents already exist.
>>
Define shitmon
>>
They wanted to make it like real life, where every animal is useful, valuable and cherished by humans and never mocked, hated or ignored.
>>
Not all mons are good nor are all type combo's good and unique. As there will always be weak mons like animals in real life when compared to dragon types, late game mons or legendaries.
>>
>objectively useless
That's "bad guy" talk. Every pokemon deserves to be loved.
>>
not a single pokemon since Watchog is completly useless.
GF actually cares about giving every single pokemon an unique niche, even if it's not good
>>
>>30443709
you could have an early caught shitmon that turns into a good mon at a much higher level
>>
>>30443746
you're favourite
>>
>>30443614
I hope you aren't implying that chatot is shit. He'll scream "niggerfaggot" and confuse you.
>>
>>30444252
>Post-gen 5
>Chatter recording voices
>>
>>30443808
what is ledian's unique niche? or garbodor's? or pyroar's? Or Tropius'? Or your favorite Gen 7 shitmon?
>>
>>30444318
ledian is old
garbodor is the only poison-type to get both spikes/tspikes and a good offensive movepool
pyroar's main niche is spamming STAB hyper voices but it can go through steels with its fire STAB
tropius is also older, but GF tried to fix it by giving it DD + harvest
the only actual shitmon in gen 7 is gumshoos, and even then it has an unique ability
those are obviously not OU-viable, but they DO have unique niches, even if they're not good
>>
>>30443614
chatot is a fucking baller you little shitcunt

chatter is a 10/10 moves. i've wrecked through whole teams on random with it
>>
>>30443614
Z moves are good direction, But I wish we could get something like that candy in Yokai watch that can make1 creature a rank S.
>>
>>30444318
Ledian is still a good Battonpasser
>>
>>30444815
>the worst baton passer in the game is a good baton passer

explain
>>
>>30444678
Chatter is a strong sound-based move.
>>
>>30444834
Worse than Plusle and miniun?
>>
>>30443815
Everyone loves vikavolts and crabrawlers evo method right?
>>
>two gens
>not a single good pokemon with Friend Guard

I just want a paladinmon, man.
>>
>>30444656
>Raticate, his nemises, gets bite, crunch, and hyper fang, as well as 2 priority moves before level 30
>gumshoos doesn't get crunch or hyper fang until around level 40, and is stuck with fucking tackle as his only stab outside of tm's until level 31
>>
>>30444978
It was good idea for Crabrawler- a suprise evo
For Vikavolt. Not so much,
>>
>>30444978

I wouldn't mind it if they were actually good. Crabominable could still be a beast if it gets mach punch and ice shard through tutors. Vikavolt could have been good too if it was faster. Even now, I'd much rather have a vikavolt than Butterfree 4.0
>>
>>30445070
Woah. That's silly aspecialy for BITING pokemon.
It can't even learn elemental fangs...
>>
>>30443683
Some pokemon are designed with the ingame challenge in mind. For example, Mr. Mime may have had worse stats than other psychic types in RB because GF took into account that it would grow faster due to boosted experience. Not to mention that Fearow was worse than Dodrio in every way as well because you get it much earlier.

>>30443815
It would be too predictable and perhaps boring if every Pokemon had relatively equal footing by the end. Part of the drive of any RPG is that the more you progress the more access you have to more powerful things. It also helps the player learn the mechanics of the game if they start out with weaker pokemon, because they have to use some strategy in place of raw power at certain points.
>>
>>30445117
Crabominalbe moveset is not that bad actualy.
And only priority move I would give it, would be ice shard.
Shame it gets new ice move instead of cool new Substitute - The arm leaving treat is so neat.
>>
>>30444957
Honestly would rather plusle/minun over bug/flying passer.
>>
>>30445149
I just looked it up.

>Those two egg moves

What the fuck? It bothers me when GF makes it THIS obvious that they withhold moves until the second game(s) of a generation. Giving this thing any elemental fangs should be a no brainer, especially when it isn't the best to begin with.
>>
>>30445236
Some of their ideas make no sense. Crabrawler takes forever to evolve, and all you get in exchange is a shitmon. Same deal with Vikavolt. Guzzlord is this unique endgame monster but it's ass compared to even normal stuff. You can get Bounsweet around the same time as Fomantis because of the trade evo, but Tsareena absolutely demolishes Lurantis in usability, even if neither are great.
>>
>>30443614
Some Pokemon are just meant to be cute, unique, or rare. I mean, look at what they have as their mascot for pete's sake.
>>
>>30443752
They have the same mindset as Masahiro Sakurai. We don't want to set out making everything OU or UU but we do want everything to be unique whether at the cost of viability or not.

Uniqueness > Viability.
>>
>>30445335
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lurantis was made with its totem status in mind specifically

>slow speed remedied by chlorophyll
>decent defenses but nothing too special
>same with offenses

I think its a bit of two things: they design some mons with the ingame RPG aspect in mind, and they are also just idiots sometimes (guzzlord)
>>
>>30443614
I use Chatot in doubles with Electivire. If Electivire has Motor Drive, it can use Ion Deluge when Chatot uses boomburst. It does less damage but it gives Electivire a speed boost. Chatot's not even bad with the right moves: I go Boomburst, Chatter, Heat Wave and Taunt, focus sashed, timid nature.
>>
>>30443746
Johtomons
>>
I still cannot forgive Chatot for the perfect apples
>>
I'm just salty about Oricorio not getting any STAB moves for its off-types.
>>
>>30443670
>Muh quality vs quantity
Gen 6 and 7 have many less pokemon than previous gens, and yet they still were mostly shitmon. Your argument is nonsense.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.