[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokemon you did a complete 180 on when the game came out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 21

File: bewear.jpg (242KB, 1139x1007px) Image search: [Google]
bewear.jpg
242KB, 1139x1007px
ITT: Pokemon you did a complete 180 on when the game came out.
>>
>>30436364
That pokémon legitimately unnerves me, and its not even because its meant to be a creepy mascot,

Like the other bear act like actual bears and have a grunt like a bear would.

This fucker just stands there, staring.
>>
File: 250px-686Inkay[1].png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-686Inkay[1].png
55KB, 250x250px
>>30436364
>>
>>30436396
>if it doesn't like you, it will kill you
>if it likes you, it will kill you

It's terrifying.
>>
Hated after playing the games:

1) Golisopod
2) Popplio/Primarina
3) Oricorio (all forms)

Loved after playing the games:

1) Alolan Persian
2) Alolan Muk
3) Toucannon
4) Decidueye
5) All Ultra Beasts save Nihilego
>>
File: KIIIIIIIII.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KIIIIIIIII.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
KIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>30436409
Quality post.
>>
File: 1435631117295.png (120KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1435631117295.png
120KB, 400x240px
>>30436409
>>
>>30436364
Confirmed for smogon drone
>>
>>30436409
Fuck you, I laughed.
>>
>>30436364
>evolve my trumbeak at the end of the second island intending to box it
>see the animation where its beak burns red hot on the evo screen
>beak blast tears face up
>keep it on me through the whole game
>>
Probably Crabominable
The fact that it actually has Mudbray's eyes instead of Probopass' eyes (like the datamined sprite suggested) helps the design a lot.
I wish it was good.
>>
>>30436409
top fucking kek
>>
File: Malicious Moonsault.png (914KB, 876x492px) Image search: [Google]
Malicious Moonsault.png
914KB, 876x492px
>>30436364
Before release:
>Hoping leaks are fake
>Incineroar looks like barafag shit
>Skinny arms and big hands for some reason
>Another Fire/Fighting

After release:
>Fire/Dark typing
>Stats are pretty great, good attack power, defenses, and HP
>Fantastic movepool coverage
>Cry sounds awesome
>Winds up being the trump card in my team whenever a battle goes south

>That badass smirk when Malicious Moonsault
>>
I liked bewear since I have seen it in refresh and ingame
Too bad the Art is shit
>>
>>30436776
>Mudbray's eyes instead of Probopass' eyes
What?

I think the concept is god tier, the design is average. His value is absolute shit though.

>tfw you fell for the worlds tournament meme
>>
>>30436364
You posted the main one. I thought Stufful looked retarded but the second I got one myself I fell in love.

Alolan Muk and Alolan Persian were two more I didn't much care for, but once I saw them in action I like them now.
>>
bewear is deadass the most intimidating pokemon of all time, when lusamine threw that jawn out I started panicking

it's a pink fucking teddy bear that just stares into your goddamn soul like it knows about that one time you stole your sister's panties and wore them to school
>>
>>30436855
Its pupils are lines instead of dots
It's a really minor thing but makes the design a lot better
>>
I hated Inceroar when it was leaked but when the trailer came out and showed how animated he was I liked him as much as the other 2 starters of the gen.
>>
Ribombee.

Always liked its design but I wasn't crazy for it, mostly because I was expecting another early game bug type shitmon that could only rival Ledian in terms of awfulness. While its viability in competitive is still disputed it ended up being a lot better than I had expected, and used one on my final team instead of Vikavolt. No regrets at all.
>>
>>30436882
Are you me?
>>
>>30436882
I had a Bewear off.
HAMMER ARM OF THE GODS BITCH!
>>
>Hated Salazzle the moment it leaked
>Its ingame model is actually breddy gud and it kicks ass.
>>
>>30436809
>thought luchalitten would be fire/fighting
how do people this stupid exist
>>
>>30437094
>why would a wrestler be fighting
You should never have been born
>>
>>30437116
The color scheme and ref sheet should've gave away the typing.

>inb4 Emboar
Emboar has a significant amount of yellow in its design like Blaziken and Infernape.
>>
>>30436576
maximum overcancer
>>
>>30437170
yeah great, only, theres no connection between fighting types and the colour yellow
>>
>>30436364
Decidueye, I laughed at it's stats.

Then I breed and build a defensive one with spirit shackle, curse, roost and protect. All the rage.
>>
Thought Alolan Grimer and Muk looked like dogshit, but then I bought into the "it's good i swear" meme and it turns out you fuckers were right.
I didn't know Muk's colors move and that's actually pretty cool
>>
>>30436801
bottom fucking kek actually
>>
>>30436576
0-100% bro
>Vikavolt
>Incineroar (seriously I only picked litten bc I like Torracat but Incineroar really grew on me)
>Cutiefly/Ribombee
100-0% bro
>Bewear (was the first to go in favour of Ribombee for my post-game team)
>>
>>30436923
I kept trying to use my Bewear to counter Lusamine and Hala's bc mine was 2-3 levels higher each time
I kept forgetting I'd caught one with Klutz instead of Fluffy and I lost every time
>>
The monkeys are terrible.
>>
>>30438115

>Using the monkeys in Singles

They were built for Doubles/VGC.
>>
>>30436364
Togedemaru. After i caught one for paralyze purpose, it grew so much on me and right now is my favorite pikaclone.

I have yet to test other new pokemon, but that will be when the bank start working with sun/moon.
>>
>>30436364
Same, I thought it looked retarded at first. Then I talked to that Stufful in Olivia's house and the cry was so fucking adorable I had to go and catch one for myself.

The Bewear in the anime is pretty funny too.
>KIIIIIIIIII
>>
>Wanted Popplio
>Saw Primarina
>Disappointed because of the overly feminine design
>fuck it I'll just take Rowlet
>Don't want Rowlet, end up dealing with a male Popplio
>At 4 AM the next day, I erase my save to reset until I get a female Popplio
>Ends up being my Ace that has swept a fair amount of my friends
>>
>>30438179
Passimian seems pretty good with Defiant
>Scarf
>Close Combat
>EQ
>U-Turn
It's like Sawk but it can muhmentum
>>
>>30438321
Stufful's probably one of my favourite designs of the generation
it's my second favourite cutemon right after Shinx
>>
File: image.jpg (869KB, 1318x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
869KB, 1318x1500px
>didn't get spoiled early about golisopod
>caught a wimpod in playthrough and trained it just for shits and giggles
>it evolves into a fucking district 9 creature
>proceeds to carry my team and one shot everything
So glad I believe in that little bug
>>
How good is beware? I wondertraded like 24 breed reject starters and got a stufful with near perfect defense and all other IV's perfect, adamant with klutz. Worth raising?
>>
>>30436809
Seeing its animations really won me over. I went with Litten despite liking Rowlett more, because this gen introduced a bunch of grass types I wanted to try out, and I wasn't disappointed.
>>
>>30439777
>klutz
In the trash it goes
>>
>>30439777
Even with shit IVs and nature, a Fluffy Stufful will kick its ass.
>>
honestly didn't care much for mimikyu at first.

but between the ghost trial, some of the hilarious fan art, and time, I've come around to the little faker.

and am 400+ eggs into getting a shiny...
>>
>>30436364
Of course you did a 180. All you fuckers shitposting when this was revealed were embarrassing as fuck
>>
Mimikyu, I'm not a Pikachu fan so I was meh at first about it but I grew to love it.
>>
File: dC2S59.png (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
dC2S59.png
18KB, 256x256px
This thing.

Unexpectedly used one in my main playthrough and love it now.
>>
>>30436882
>tfw you didn't read the dex entry because Sun version
>tfw you don't think it's going to hurt you when it comes in for a hug
You are so cruel, world
>>
>>30440002
I always thought marinie looked visually better imo
>>
File: 250px-700Sylveon[3].png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-700Sylveon[3].png
54KB, 250x250px
>>30436364
> never tried any of the Eevees after Espeon(My fav) and Umbreon.
> Get the egg with Eevee in it.
> Want to make it an Espeon.
> it evolved into Sylveon instead

Decided to give it a shot And my last save was hours before that point

Holy fuck this thing is a monster. It might look cute, but it enjoys bathing in Pokemon blood. I know it's a Gen 6 mon, but I never tried it even once, so it took me by complete surprise how fucking good it was.

How are Glaceon and Leafeon? Kinda wanna try those too now.
>>
Toucannon

When I saw the leaks I thought it was boring.

I have never been happier to be wrong.
>>
>>30440084
>How are Glaceon and Leafeon?
I'm so sorry
>>
>>30440002
>Unexpectedly used it
>1% catch rate
>>
>>30440191
Someone was doing a giveaway and I randomly took one, earned a slot after some use.
>>
>>30440084
>Glaceon
>Special Attacker
>Only learns physical moves
>>
I'm in agreement with the Bewear crowd. I was indifferent at first because the art made it look a bit doofy. Then I saw the in-game model and the design was suddenly a lot more appealing, and wanted to try it out after taking a Hammer Arm to the face. Plus all the Stufful encounters and I had to get one of those adorable widdle guys.
>>
>>30439777
Fluffy is superior in every way. Sorry anon, but you got to try again.
>>
>>30440191
Is it only 1%?
I picked one up for my team on basically accident. Was first thing to show up, from the Corsola calling for help that is. Which was the 2nd Pokemon I fished up.
>>
>>30436396
>This fucker just stands there, staring.
it was great seeing Bewear with the same blank stare during that one fight while the rest of the team were angry
>>
>>30440084
Leafeon is alright for in game use. It has no movepool like most grass types but its at least pretty bulky and hits reasonably hard with what it does have.
>>
>Disliked before but liked after
Mudsdale
Bewear
A-Persian
Mimikyu (though I still dislike the Pikachu cloth)

>Liked before but not after
Oranguru
Lurantis
Wishiwashi
Komala
>>
Cabrawler, he just kept getting one-shotted by everything.
>>
File: 1480300642515.png (138KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1480300642515.png
138KB, 900x675px
>>30436576

>alolan Persian

This guy gets it, at first I was upset at how dumb it looked compared to regular Persian but he's just such a bro. I see why nanu loves them
>>
>>30439777
>>30439828
>>30439857
>>30440430
It's called an ability capsule, dipsticks
>>
>>30440836
Most people here were talking about things they used in-game/for the main story. Good luck having an ability capsule before then. Dipstick.
>>
>>30437170
>pointing out your own argument's weaknesses
>trying to cover for them by grasping at straws
>>
>>30439777
Ability capsule that boi
>>
Literally the strongest starter. Coverage for days. Uses the motherfucking spirit bomb.
>>
>>30440963
Forgot pic
>>
File: persian_alola_form.png (130KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
persian_alola_form.png
130KB, 500x500px
>>30436364
I despised this thing when I saw the leaks but I picked up a Technician Meowth because there wasn't much to use in the early game. It evolved early at level 17 and it fucking carried my team for the first half of the game.

Also:
>best Kahuna's ace
>Fur Coat + Z-Parting Shot + 115 speed is fun as hell for competitive

I think I like it more than regular Persian now. I love you, you fat faced piece of shit.
>>
>>30440836
Nah its just a better idea to breed another one using that one. You get more wondertrade fodder too, keep the cycle going.
>>
>>30440983
Same i just wish it was fat everywhere and not just its face
>>
File: Cute wimpod.png (100KB, 455x457px) Image search: [Google]
Cute wimpod.png
100KB, 455x457px
This mother fucker saved me so many times
>>
>>30440983
This guy gets it.
>>
File: litten blini.png (377KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
litten blini.png
377KB, 450x410px
>>30436809
Me too. I liked Litten from the start and was bummed that he went into a bipedal pseudo-furry, but after seeing his darkest lariat and refresh animations and goofy smirks everywhere I'm glad he was my first gen 7 starter. He is a total ham in the way of classic wrestling, and I'm also relieved he wasn't fire-fighting.
>>
>>30440856
lern2read
He was doing chain-breeding himself. Of starters. You're assuming he's retarded enough to IV breed for in-game, in which case tehre's no saving him.
>>
>>30438115
>orangutan and lemur
>monkeys
>>
>>30436396
>This fucker just stands there, staring.
was so hilarious seeing bewear just had a blank stare in Lusamine's fight, while the rest of her mons were angry.
>>
>>30440002
was motherfucking difficult to catch, but was so worth it. and was pretty fun to use too.
>>
mudsdale. stamina is just too good.
>>
File: tumblr_oa7oorAbJX1s1i859o1_500.gif (518KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa7oorAbJX1s1i859o1_500.gif
518KB, 500x667px
I like him so much I replaced my starter for him in my final 6.
>>
>>30440191
>1% catch rate
>He doesn't know melemele east sea has a 20% corsola fishing chance on the bubble spot right next to the invisible border of route 1
>Meaning it resets if you move left for 5 seconds
>Mareanie has a 20% chance of being called here
>It takes 10 minutes at most to get one to appear
>You're terrible at this game
>>
File: komala_by_olifrisk-daclbnr[1].png (620KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
komala_by_olifrisk-daclbnr[1].png
620KB, 864x864px
>Love the way Komala looks when it's first revealed
>Normal type
>Leaks show that it doesn't evolve
>Disregard it as trash

>Find it on the way to the Ghost Trial
>Right place at the right time
>Turns out it doesn't need a goddamn evolution
>Still freaking adorable

I thought my team was solidified by the time I got to the third island, too.
>>
>>30436578
This shit right here made me appreciate Bewear much more than before.
>>
>>30440836
>>30440953
How do i get it? Is it one time use? I dont particularly like this pokemon so breeding for a better nature,trying to keep all ivs, especially when i dont have a destiny knot is out.
>>
>>30436409
Bad dum tish
>>
>thought Minior was going to be a gimmickmon
>decide to grab one to see anyway since I don't have a rock or flying type
>it turns out to be my MVP

glad I found a new bro this gen
>>
>>30443272
Is Shields Down something you rely on, or ultimately end up ignoring? I was thinking about using one on a second playthrough, since Midday Lycanroc already fills its purpose right now.
>>
File: bewear in the bamboo forest.jpg (353KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bewear in the bamboo forest.jpg
353KB, 1280x720px
I want to hug____________________________________________ Bewear!!!
>>
File: 1480270932624.jpg (239KB, 480x611px) Image search: [Google]
1480270932624.jpg
239KB, 480x611px
>>30436364
Used to be a huge quadfag, super disappointed in Incineroar cause I wanted a proper fire tiger. But I sticked to Litten cause I wasn't really digging Primarina or Decidueye either. I think Incineroar is easily in my top 5 starters now. He's just such a cool wacky bro, I can't hate this guy.

And I've grown to like Decidueye and Primarina too, over time.
>>
Dislike to like: Mimikyu

Like to dislike: Golisopod

It was just so fragile. I took it to route 10 after evolving it and it just kept getting destroyed.

Did I do something wrong?
>>
Toucannon. I didn't like how simple he looked until I saw how Toucannon looked when it used supersonic skystrike
>>
>>30442428
>See Komala
>Learn its ability "treats the Pokemon as if it's Sleep status"
Holy fuck I need this
>I get btfo learning that Sleep does not buff Facade
>Doesn't get Entrainment, doesn't have special interaction with Rest or get Rest in general
>Get reminded that Confusion still persists in Sleep.
It's honestly the first pokemon I loved in the game that I sat down and had to tell myself I can't use it competitively without obtuse Baton Pass gimmicks.

Maybe one day I'll crack and use it in Singles, but unless there's some hidden interaction with it and Lum/Chesto Berry/Electric Terrain/Misty Terrain I'm just not seeing where GF was going with this besides Chatot-grade interesting mechanics.
>>
>>30443350
Shields down is nice because it lets you set up and if you want and then by the time it activates you get a nice little boost to your attack on top of the boosts from your set up. It also nullifies status while it's up IIRC so it's pretty handy.
>>
>>30443779
Golisopod thrives on priority moves and being a bulky attacker.

It's a monster, a very good one when used properly.
>>
>>30444136
I liked Pallosand and Klefki from the moment I saw them. Still hate Incineroar though
>>
I really liked the look of Golisopod and used it to beat the game but I doubt I'll continue to use it, Emergency Exit is just such a fucking shitty ability.
>>
File: tumblr_ogi825Bn7N1ut6gv0o1_1280.jpg (306KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogi825Bn7N1ut6gv0o1_1280.jpg
306KB, 1280x960px
I wanna give a shout out to my run MVP, because he never shows up in the 'bro' or 'unexpected favorite' threads.

I got a Lv 1 Turtonator in a wonder trade really early on and boxed it because I wanted Salazzle so badly ever since the leaks. But my whole team was so squishy and she couldn't stay alive for shit, I ended up hating her. I decided I'd drag the turtle around and use him as a dedicated fodder mon, someone I could switch into deadly attacks or use to heal up my 'main' Pokemon.

But this motherfucker does not die. He does not die and he shits rage all over everything that doesn't resist fire. Totem Mimikyu O-KO'd my Decuideye somehow and I switched in Turtonator, knowing that he'd probably die but hopefully he'd put a dent in Mimikyu before I switched out one of my more fragile guys... and he tanked the Christ out of it all while burning everything to the ground.

I know most people don't get around to use him since he's so late game and by then you can just get Kommo-o. But going through the mid-game with him, he was indispensable. Even Lusamine's super fairys barely tickled him.

Turtlebro4life.
>>
both of these

cutiefly was so tiny i assumed it was just gonna die over and over but then i started using it because i needed the coverage and it just managed to never fail me.

alolan muk on the other hand is like "you want me to learn something other than poison and dark moves? no" which is annoying...but then with base speed 50, base attack 1o5, and payback hitting with base power 100...it just killed the shit out of things. great tanky typing and amazing coverage. thing is a fairy killer, grass killer, psychic killer, ghost killer, and there isn't even anything it needs to switch out against except ground types.
>>
>>30436364
I hated Bewear's design, but I decided to try it out.

made a complete 180, I loved it because of how strong it was and bulky it was.

Not only that, I began to like it's design too, since it has tons of tiny details that make it unnerving.

For example, you think it's mouth would be on it's white snout or nose area like most teddy bear things. But instead the entire snout is just the top of it's mouth. It's like some eldritch monster under the guise of being a teddy bear.
>>
>>30436578
H-hes fast!
>>
File: 1477523684703.png (171KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1477523684703.png
171KB, 431x539px
>>30436409
Good one
>>
>>30446127
in sun you can catch it at the power plant
>>
>>30444001
theres a gimmick you can use with choice scarf/band and sleep talk + 3 moves. it will be random but you can switch moves while choiced
>>
>>30447313
It kind of sucks that it rains the whole way from the power plant to Po town but I still really enjoyed using spikey turtle dragon
>>
>>30447317
Oh fuck.
Oh fuck!
>>
File: 1470079458819.png (378KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470079458819.png
378KB, 1600x800px
This motherfucker

I just expected a Route 1 rat shitmon I'd box when I got something better

Now I'm actually getting tired of winning
>>
None of them particularly, except not liking some Pokemon in gameplay as much as I did their design because their blurbs on the site overstated one of their attributes, like not being as strong or bulky as the picture the blurbs paint.
>>
I wasn't sold on the Tapu, but I wound up really appreciating their design and lore. Used Tapu Koko to catch all the legendaries and UBs
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.